Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🔴 The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 14:36 - May 5 with 217794 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-swansea-city-keen-on-b

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:21 - Aug 23 with 2113 viewsguthrieintherain

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:59 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

Fair point.

Ultimately though this ties into what I said in another thread. There are altogether far too many people just gagging to paint the club in a bad light, and these people will no doubt consider themselves "supporters".

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
I tend to be optomistic by nature.

But we are all different.
Best not to preach or patronise though.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:24 - Aug 23 with 2088 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:18 - Aug 23 by vetchonian

their inabilty is so bad weve never finished below 15th in the table since relegation.....

Slowly getting worse.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:27 - Aug 23 with 2047 viewsvetchonian

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:20 - Aug 23 by magicdaps10

People like to be right.

so who is right?......7th season out of the PL and despite every season the usaual suspects predict relegation as has happened already during the close season......yet they are.not right either

Perspective .....some of our supportes seem to.lack that

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:31 - Aug 23 with 2027 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:27 - Aug 23 by vetchonian

so who is right?......7th season out of the PL and despite every season the usaual suspects predict relegation as has happened already during the close season......yet they are.not right either

At a point last season it was touch and go. Hopefully we can get a good start to this season to try and get some of the supporters to come back, momentum is an important factor in football.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:33 - Aug 23 with 2012 viewsDr_Winston

Our worst placing in the table was during Martin's first season. We've finished higher than that in both since. As bad as last season was, it was better than 50% of Russy.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:36 - Aug 23 with 1995 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:27 - Aug 23 by vetchonian

These 'moaners' and i include myself as one are 100% loyal jacks and they are worried that since being relegated we have got gradually worse season on season, we are worried that if we go down we might not get back up for a while, we aren't an Ipswich or Sheffield Wednesday, we don't have a big fan base.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:39 - Aug 23 with 1956 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:21 - Aug 23 by guthrieintherain

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
I tend to be optomistic by nature.

But we are all different.
Best not to preach or patronise though.

Indeed.
Some need to understand this
What you believe is not necessarily the truth
People watch something or someone and make a judgement
eg,I watch Trump and see him as a vainglorious vacuous pitiful man,one without love or respect for anyone
Others see him as a great patriot

We should avoid creating a society where the intelligent are afraid to speak the truth because it might offend the stupid

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:42 - Aug 23 with 1922 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:36 - Aug 23 by Fireboy2

These 'moaners' and i include myself as one are 100% loyal jacks and they are worried that since being relegated we have got gradually worse season on season, we are worried that if we go down we might not get back up for a while, we aren't an Ipswich or Sheffield Wednesday, we don't have a big fan base.

Yeah,the naysayers and doom mongers
They are like that for one reason and one reason alone .
Few clubs fans bitch like us

Login to get fewer ads

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:44 - Aug 23 with 1929 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:33 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

Our worst placing in the table was during Martin's first season. We've finished higher than that in both since. As bad as last season was, it was better than 50% of Russy.

Much as you dislike Martin, there is nothing to say that if Martin had stayed an extra season he might have got us up, then again he might not.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:47 - Aug 23 with 1892 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:44 - Aug 23 by Whiterockin

Much as you dislike Martin, there is nothing to say that if Martin had stayed an extra season he might have got us up, then again he might not.

We don’t know.
I detested him right from the start
I stayed detesting him
I still do
Any logic for it?
Nope.
It’s football

I loved Sousa

Just did

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:50 - Aug 23 with 1870 viewsvetchonian

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:36 - Aug 23 by Fireboy2

so those of us not moaning are not 100% jacks?
Ive done the hard miles ...watching home and away during our rise to the old first division and followi g our fall....dont travel these days ....
38 years ago Id have given anyhring to be where we are today.....i saw us fall from the top table to the old fourth division ....along the way goingninto adminsitration and at those times we were run bu local guys fans and who had some knowledge of footaball. I feared for the same when we fell out of the PL yet 7 seasons later here we are still in the Championship and sortnof financially stable....but then its all about opinions and evertone is entitled to theirs doesnt mean one is more right than the other

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:53 - Aug 23 with 1853 viewsvetchonian

Had he played us the way he did in his last 10 games all season he might/couldnhave got us promoted that season

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:53 - Aug 23 with 1851 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:47 - Aug 23 by onehunglow

We don’t know.
I detested him right from the start
I stayed detesting him
I still do
Any logic for it?
Nope.
It’s football

I loved Sousa

Just did

The Doc said we were better placed in the two seasons after Martin's first season, considering we only just missed the play offs in Martin's second season, there is nothing to say we wouldn't have gone up if he had a third.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:54 - Aug 23 with 1847 viewsDr_Winston

Maybe.

His underachievement with the players he had available to him between 2021 and 2023 to me suggests that a third season probably wouldn't have gone much better, but it's possible that he would have finally learned.

Mind you, he went into Southampton and tried to make his "process" work with predictable results, only improving when he ditched it so perhaps not.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:00 - Aug 23 with 1794 viewsvetchonian

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:31 - Aug 23 by Whiterockin

At a point last season it was touch and go. Hopefully we can get a good start to this season to try and get some of the supporters to come back, momentum is an important factor in football.

Despite that the owners took action and despite the upheaval of midseason managerial change we finished 14th 1 place higher than we did in Marvelous Martins first season

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:02 - Aug 23 with 1787 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:26 - Aug 23 by union_jack

Anyway back to the transfers, do we have an option to buy on the Nelson Abbey loan or is it a straight loan.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:02 - Aug 23 with 1784 viewsswan65split

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:06 - Aug 23 by Whiterockin

Unfortunately we are used to more bad decisions over the last 8 years than good and we have had several false dawns, this is why some including myself are reluctant to praise too early. Yes I will praise when praise is due, but up until now they have done nothing to deserve it, hopefully this season things will change.

yep same here, nice to get players in, but TBH I know nothing about them, so its on the park my judgement will be made, a bus may have appeared, but it could be driven by Triggers cousin, Reg varney or even the driver of the italian job bus ...............we have form going back years remember I still have the fax !

but its Uppa Swans .
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:10 - Aug 23 with 1679 viewsvetchonian

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:02 - Aug 23 by Whiterockin

Anyway back to the transfers, do we have an option to buy on the Nelson Abbey loan or is it a straight loan.

try before you buy?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:13 - Aug 23 with 1661 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:10 - Aug 23 by vetchonian

try before you buy?

Hopefully because if he does have the rumoured pace, he could be perfect for the way we play.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:23 - Aug 23 with 1601 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:50 - Aug 23 by vetchonian

Ive done the hard miles ...watching home and away during our rise to the old first division and followi g our fall....dont travel these days ....
38 years ago Id have given anyhring to be where we are today.....i saw us fall from the top table to the old fourth division ....along the way goingninto adminsitration and at those times we were run bu local guys fans and who had some knowledge of footaball. I feared for the same when we fell out of the PL yet 7 seasons later here we are still in the Championship and sortnof financially stable....but then its all about opinions and evertone is entitled to theirs doesnt mean one is more right than the other

Did I say that others aren't jacks?

All I am saying that if anyone questions the owners lack of football nous or lack of backing the manager they get slagged off.

I've watched for almost 47 years and like yourself in 1985 would have ripped your arm off to be where we are today but after watching all the hard work to get us to the PL slowly being undone I just can't sit by and say nothing.

Ateotd I will watch us no matter division we are in and I suspect everyone on here would do the same.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:33 - Aug 23 with 1502 viewsunion_jack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:10 - Aug 23 by vetchonian

try before you buy?

It’s a no win for us.

If he is a good player, he’ll attract other suitors best placed to pay him and Olympiacos more (unless we got promoted of course).

If he’s not, well…!

This is one year only I’d say. Hopefully he’ll do well here.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:40 - Aug 23 with 1438 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:53 - Aug 23 by Whiterockin

The Doc said we were better placed in the two seasons after Martin's first season, considering we only just missed the play offs in Martin's second season, there is nothing to say we wouldn't have gone up if he had a third.

The Doc
Only one for me

https://www.google.com/search?q=valentino+rossi&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:41 - Aug 23 with 1425 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:50 - Aug 23 by vetchonian

Proves my point
Fireman dies see himself as better than you

I can go back to 1958 so there ya go

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:48 - Aug 23 with 1391 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:33 - Aug 23 by union_jack

It’s a no win for us.

If he is a good player, he’ll attract other suitors best placed to pay him and Olympiacos more (unless we got promoted of course).

If he’s not, well…!

It's how we roll UJ 🤷

Fwiw, we will have suitors for ronald, franco and possibly eom sooner rather than later.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:57 - Aug 23 with 1330 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:33 - Aug 23 by union_jack

It’s a no win for us.

If he’s not, well…!

Olympiacos picked him up on the cheap because of Readings financial problems and he hasn't set the world on fire there. An option to buy deal shouldn't have been out of the question with only 12 months left on his deal when he goes back.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024