Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🔴 The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 14:36 - May 5 with 217798 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-swansea-city-keen-on-b

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:40 - Aug 23 with 3635 viewsDr_Winston

Strong rumours that a keeper is on his way from DC pending a work permit.

Still need a striker though. Would be disappointed to go into the meat of the season with Cullen as our second choice, unless we're looking at Bianchini as a forward.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:34 - Aug 23 with 3483 viewssons_of_omri

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:48 - Aug 23 by Fireboy2

It's how we roll UJ 🤷

Fwiw, we will have suitors for ronald, franco and possibly eom sooner rather than later.

So maybe the club isn’t being run so badly after all…………
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:38 - Aug 23 with 3464 viewssons_of_omri

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:40 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

Strong rumours that a keeper is on his way from DC pending a work permit.

Still need a striker though. Would be disappointed to go into the meat of the season with Cullen as our second choice, unless we're looking at Bianchini as a forward.

I get the feeling that even if Zan doesn’t hit 20 goals there will be a lot more goals through the team with the likes of Ronald , Eom and others stepping up. Cullen with our wingers will score and so will Bianchini. And our new found positive attacking play is bound to net us a few penalties along the way. I’m feeling optimistic for the first time in quite a while.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:01 - Aug 24 with 3419 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:34 - Aug 23 by sons_of_omri

So maybe the club isn’t being run so badly after all…………

Har har, nice one 👍

It's the optimist in me 😉

Lete give it time though, I do hope williams can make them click.

I for one am really looking forward to Sunday as I think/hope/pray that we will give them a good kicking and a win will give us some Impetus
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:02 - Aug 24 with 3416 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:38 - Aug 23 by sons_of_omri

I get the feeling that even if Zan doesn’t hit 20 goals there will be a lot more goals through the team with the likes of Ronald , Eom and others stepping up. Cullen with our wingers will score and so will Bianchini. And our new found positive attacking play is bound to net us a few penalties along the way. I’m feeling optimistic for the first time in quite a while.

So am I mate 👍
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:43 - Aug 24 with 3360 viewssons_of_omri

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:01 - Aug 24 by Fireboy2

Har har, nice one 👍

It's the optimist in me 😉

Lete give it time though, I do hope williams can make them click.

I for one am really looking forward to Sunday as I think/hope/pray that we will give them a good kicking and a win will give us some Impetus

They will sit back and try to hit us in the break so us getting the first goal is vital. They will have to come at us then and we have the quick players now to hurt them. Some of our interplay vs PNE in the second half was very clever. Repeat that and we’ll win.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:35 - Aug 24 with 3149 viewsvetchonian

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:23 - Aug 23 by Fireboy2

Did I say that others aren't jacks?

All I am saying that if anyone questions the owners lack of football nous or lack of backing the manager they get slagged off.

I've watched for almost 47 years and like yourself in 1985 would have ripped your arm off to be where we are today but after watching all the hard work to get us to the PL slowly being undone I just can't sit by and say nothing.

Ateotd I will watch us no matter division we are in and I suspect everyone on here would do the same.

fair point as I said we all are entitled to our opinions.
Like you I'm frustrated following our relegation and think had Cooper been given a striker in the January instead of the two crocked Yanks we might have got over the line.
That said we are still in the Championship and yes the owners have made mistakes hopefully they have learnt this season will tell the signings made since January look promising and all this in a league which is a financial nightmare.
We are all Jacks and I think these forums "exaggerate"
peoples felings and views.
Any way come on you Swans lets do it tomorrow.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:45 - Aug 24 with 3135 viewssons_of_omri

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:35 - Aug 24 by vetchonian

Like you I'm frustrated following our relegation and think had Cooper been given a striker in the January instead of the two crocked Yanks we might have got over the line.
That said we are still in the Championship and yes the owners have made mistakes hopefully they have learnt this season will tell the signings made since January look promising and all this in a league which is a financial nightmare.

To be 100% fair I don’t think the Americans have ever held out on us. Their problem was they had employed people who hadn’t a clue in the recruitment department. This window and the last remind me of how we used to operate in the good old days of Huw. Don’t forget though that our plight financially was down to the bad old days of Huw.
Login to get fewer ads

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:06 - Aug 24 with 3079 viewscockneyswan

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:45 - Aug 24 by sons_of_omri

To be 100% fair I don’t think the Americans have ever held out on us. Their problem was they had employed people who hadn’t a clue in the recruitment department. This window and the last remind me of how we used to operate in the good old days of Huw. Don’t forget though that our plight financially was down to the bad old days of Huw.

Huw also made some transfer blunders towards the end, poor quality and expensive panic buys.
[Post edited 24 Aug 7:09]
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:19 - Aug 24 with 2949 viewsDr_Winston

It's taken six years and something in the region of £40m invested and written off until discussions like this can take place without myriad numpties chipping in with accusations of asset stripping, so there has been some progress there.

Mistakes have been made no question. Perhaps the single biggest one being letting Jenkins loose with the chequebook for the last two years in the Prem. Since then we steadied a bit with Birch, then unreeled after he left. Now there does feel, for the first time in a while, that there's some semblance of an actual plan in place.

Time will tell if these plans pay off.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:33 - Aug 24 with 2913 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:19 - Aug 24 by Dr_Winston

It's taken six years and something in the region of £40m invested and written off until discussions like this can take place without myriad numpties chipping in with accusations of asset stripping, so there has been some progress there.

Mistakes have been made no question. Perhaps the single biggest one being letting Jenkins loose with the chequebook for the last two years in the Prem. Since then we steadied a bit with Birch, then unreeled after he left. Now there does feel, for the first time in a while, that there's some semblance of an actual plan in place.

Time will tell if these plans pay off.

If we were in and around the top six at christmas do you think they would loosen the shackles a little and have a punt, possibly a more expensive loan, or do you think this is the way we will now stay.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:42 - Aug 24 with 2858 viewsDr_Winston

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:33 - Aug 24 by Whiterockin

If we were in and around the top six at christmas do you think they would loosen the shackles a little and have a punt, possibly a more expensive loan, or do you think this is the way we will now stay.

I think that would depend on if the stories that we were coming close to breaching FFP rules were true or not. From what I understand of the clubs financial situation we quite possibly were.

I've never been a fan of gambling and you always run the risk of upsetting the balance of the side by tinkering with it too much in January. If we're competitive and there's obvious areas we can improve within budget then I don't doubt that we'd look to do it anyway, but I'd prefer not to have to depend on outside finance again.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:38 - Aug 24 with 2692 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:25 - Aug 24 with 2523 viewsunion_jack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:38 - Aug 24 by theloneranger

IF he comes here I hope he’s a step up from his compatriot up the road.

I’ve gone and done it now maybe. Horvath, if he plays will probably have a stormer Sunday😡.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:35 - Aug 24 with 2474 viewsunion_jack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:42 - Aug 24 by Dr_Winston

I think that would depend on if the stories that we were coming close to breaching FFP rules were true or not. From what I understand of the clubs financial situation we quite possibly were.

I've never been a fan of gambling and you always run the risk of upsetting the balance of the side by tinkering with it too much in January. If we're competitive and there's obvious areas we can improve within budget then I don't doubt that we'd look to do it anyway, but I'd prefer not to have to depend on outside finance again.

My God, if we were close to breaching FFP rules then how the hell are other clubs getting away with it?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:49 - Aug 24 with 2405 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:35 - Aug 24 by union_jack

My God, if we were close to breaching FFP rules then how the hell are other clubs getting away with it?

Possibly the other clubs are well run unlike ours for the last 8 years, those who are not usually get punished. I'm hoping for a fresh start now but you can't change history.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:55 - Aug 24 with 2376 viewsunion_jack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:49 - Aug 24 by Whiterockin

Possibly the other clubs are well run unlike ours for the last 8 years, those who are not usually get punished. I'm hoping for a fresh start now but you can't change history.

Maybe.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:04 - Aug 24 with 2326 viewsnantywatcher

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:25 - Aug 24 by union_jack

IF he comes here I hope he’s a step up from his compatriot up the road.

I’ve gone and done it now maybe. Horvath, if he plays will probably have a stormer Sunday😡.

At least half a dozen "worldies?"
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:44 - Aug 24 with 2007 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:35 - Aug 24 by vetchonian

That January Mr Cooper offered best wishes and cheerio to a highly promising striker who is currently the most sought after in Europe. Big Viktor. He had an English crock at the start of the season. Morgan Gibbs White.

We all know the rules. Yank Crocks English unlucky with injuries.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:03 - Aug 24 with 1953 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:38 - Aug 24 by theloneranger

Wales Online also saying a new goalkeeper deal is imminent, but they seem to think/hope it might be a Rushworth return.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luke-williams-reveals

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:12 - Aug 24 with 1926 viewsunion_jack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:03 - Aug 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

Wales Online also saying a new goalkeeper deal is imminent, but they seem to think/hope it might be a Rushworth return.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luke-williams-reveals

Rushworth is highly unlikely.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:42 - Aug 24 with 1855 viewsnantywatcher

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:44 - Aug 24 by ReslovenSwan1

That January Mr Cooper offered best wishes and cheerio to a highly promising striker who is currently the most sought after in Europe. Big Viktor. He had an English crock at the start of the season. Morgan Gibbs White.

Enough of your nonsense! According to what I heard, the player was highly rated by Steve Cooper and Swansea City FC but he was a nightmare in the dressing, arrogant did not mix, thought he was much too good to play for us (he's proved to be right there!) The squad were glad to see the back of him. The fact that Brighton (probably the most successful club in the transfer market in Premier history let him go for peanuts speaks volumes! Looking at his team mates reactions to his hat trick last night not roo much has changed.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:43 - Aug 24 with 1852 viewsnantywatcher

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:44 - Aug 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Enough of your nonsense! According to what I heard, the player was highly rated by Steve Cooper and Swansea City FC but he was a nightmare in the dressing, arrogant did not mix, thought he was much too good to play for us (he's proved to be right there!) The squad were glad to see the back of him. The fact that Brighton (probably the most successful club in the transfer market in Premier history let him go for peanuts sps volumes! Looking at his tea mates reactions to his hat trick last night not roo much has changed.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:42 - Aug 24 with 1680 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:43 - Aug 24 by nantywatcher

Enough of your nonsense! According to what I heard, the player was highly rated by Steve Cooper and Swansea City FC but he was a nightmare in the dressing, arrogant did not mix, thought he was much too good to play for us (he's proved to be right there!) The squad were glad to see the back of him. The fact that Brighton (probably the most successful club in the transfer market in Premier history let him go for peanuts sps volumes! Looking at his tea mates reactions to his hat trick last night not roo much has changed.

Swansea should be the home of big strikers with big egos. It is not a holiday camp for everyone to have a jolly good time on and off the field. Scandinavians tend to keep themselves to themselves.

Another failed narrative as de displayed by hindsight. Accept that Coopers complaints were vacuous. He had the man he needed but he was not his pick so he binned him. The only ego problem was with Steve Cooper. Not for him a small club with small budget. He has been wasting millions ever since.

Steve was not sacked he walked. Constructive dismissal? His next no 9 due to come in was Joel Piroe. Not bad.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:57 - Aug 24 with 1463 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:42 - Aug 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea should be the home of big strikers with big egos. It is not a holiday camp for everyone to have a jolly good time on and off the field. Scandinavians tend to keep themselves to themselves.

Another failed narrative as de displayed by hindsight. Accept that Coopers complaints were vacuous. He had the man he needed but he was not his pick so he binned him. The only ego problem was with Steve Cooper. Not for him a small club with small budget. He has been wasting millions ever since.

Steve was not sacked he walked. Constructive dismissal? His next no 9 due to come in was Joel Piroe. Not bad.

As others have said, enough of your nonsense. Cooper was on gardening leave. If he had walked he wouldn't have been getting paid and we wouldn't have received compensation. Don't let facts get in the way of the crap you post.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/swansea-city-boost-pending-amid-steve-cooper-t
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024