Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 10:47 - Jan 4 with 32772 viewsbatfink

Just heard on 5 live Ched Evans is signing for a league 1 club
Evans on 10:52 - Jan 4 with 6821 viewsTTNYear

Notts County... It's gotta be.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Evans on 11:35 - Jan 4 with 6722 viewsPotterDale

Evans on 10:52 - Jan 4 by TTNYear

Notts County... It's gotta be.

Pourqoui?
Evans on 11:40 - Jan 4 with 6688 viewsmacro

Evans on 11:35 - Jan 4 by PotterDale

Pourqoui?

Lee hughes
Evans on 11:43 - Jan 4 with 6669 viewsPotterDale

Evans on 11:40 - Jan 4 by macro

Lee hughes

So why not Oldham or Port Vale?
Evans on 13:03 - Jan 4 with 6553 viewswroughtironron

Bfo's according to the BBC
Evans on 13:20 - Jan 4 with 6483 viewsNinco

It's on Manchester Evening News Facebook page that it's believed to be Oldham Athletic. Not surprising as they also gave Lee Hughes a second chance.
Evans on 13:24 - Jan 4 with 6466 viewsSuddenLad

Evans on 13:20 - Jan 4 by Ninco

It's on Manchester Evening News Facebook page that it's believed to be Oldham Athletic. Not surprising as they also gave Lee Hughes a second chance.

It is Oldham. Been on the national news. Press conference Monday evening at Boundary Park.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Evans on 13:29 - Jan 4 with 6435 viewsNinco

Evans on 13:24 - Jan 4 by SuddenLad

It is Oldham. Been on the national news. Press conference Monday evening at Boundary Park.

If he plays against us, we will have to think up some songs about rape for him.
Login to get fewer ads

Evans on 14:00 - Jan 4 with 6354 viewsKenBoon

Evans on 13:29 - Jan 4 by Ninco

If he plays against us, we will have to think up some songs about rape for him.

Or how about such serious offences like Rape are not trivialised by terrace BANTER. Other than the obvious lack of taste in such things, it is also deeply disrespectful to the victim.
Evans on 14:11 - Jan 4 with 6306 views442Dale

Very good post over on the Oldham forum:

"It is wrong that a fan should have to consider the moral question of whether to go to watch their football club play at the weekend.

Whether or not you believe it's right to sign him, whether or not you've got no faith in the court's verdict, the club and it's own fans who defend the decision shouldn't put any fan in that position.

The club as a whole and as a community must reject him on them grounds. The economic impact is irrelevant. The fact that we are putting some of the club's most passionate fans in a position where they feel they can't support their own club any more is deplorable.

It's at times like these that you wish that football was less business like and more social so that it would think of the impact it makes on its own supporters."

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Evans on 14:13 - Jan 4 with 6298 views49thseason

Sky news now reporting that OAFC say they dont care if the fans kick off about signing Evans.
Maybe things are not altogether happy within the club and this is a desperate throw of the dice
Evans on 14:28 - Jan 4 with 6235 viewsR17ALE

Evans on 14:11 - Jan 4 by 442Dale

Very good post over on the Oldham forum:

"It is wrong that a fan should have to consider the moral question of whether to go to watch their football club play at the weekend.

Whether or not you believe it's right to sign him, whether or not you've got no faith in the court's verdict, the club and it's own fans who defend the decision shouldn't put any fan in that position.

The club as a whole and as a community must reject him on them grounds. The economic impact is irrelevant. The fact that we are putting some of the club's most passionate fans in a position where they feel they can't support their own club any more is deplorable.

It's at times like these that you wish that football was less business like and more social so that it would think of the impact it makes on its own supporters."

Their forum is in meltdown with loads of them saying they'll never go again.

Shame for the fans to be in this situation, but at least we'll be able to fit all their fans in Willbutts next time!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Evans on 14:31 - Jan 4 with 6211 viewspnc4eva1

I know quite a few Oldham fans who will one to watch the dale rather than pay a convicted rapist. The move by the club is not the best publicity for getting town either.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Evans on 14:38 - Jan 4 with 6176 viewsMoonyDale

Evans on 14:31 - Jan 4 by pnc4eva1

I know quite a few Oldham fans who will one to watch the dale rather than pay a convicted rapist. The move by the club is not the best publicity for getting town either.

I had already stated that I was to give the Oldham game a miss, this just nails it for sure. No way I will put funds into any club that signs a convicted rapist, spend it in the club shop instead.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Evans on 14:41 - Jan 4 with 6151 viewsDaley_Lama

Evans on 14:28 - Jan 4 by R17ALE

Their forum is in meltdown with loads of them saying they'll never go again.

Shame for the fans to be in this situation, but at least we'll be able to fit all their fans in Willbutts next time!

This place would be the same i suspect, i for one would be awaiting team news via twitter and only heading to Spotland if he wasn't in the 18.

Poll: DF in or out

Evans on 14:48 - Jan 4 with 6096 viewsKenBoon

Sadly I feel this will also bring morons out to act like morons again. In their tiny mind it'll justify their bad behaviour. I'll certainly be giving the Oldham game a miss on those grounds too. The atmosphere will be vile.
Evans on 15:20 - Jan 4 with 6010 viewsD_Alien

I really couldn't care less if Evans signs for Oldham. I can't say I'd be happy about him signing for the Dale due to the negative publicity but of course it'd never happen. If it did happen, would I check whether he'd been selected before deciding whether to go to the game? No.

Will it have any impact on deciding whether I go to the Latics away game? No.

The Criminal Case Review Commission has found sufficient grounds to grant an appeal, in which case the original verdict may be overturned. Even if it isn't, Evans has served the punishment our criminal justice system deemed appropriate, and should be allowed to earn a living and pay taxes back into the system into which we've paid our taxes to keep him in prison. He can pay more back through earnings in football than any other likely source of income.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Evans on 15:37 - Jan 4 with 5936 views1mark1

The man is a dirty nasty shithouse who has has disgracefully failed to apologise for his disgusting crime he committed. IF the original conviction is found to be incorrect then I will take back what I have said, and would welcome seeing him play football.

I wonder if he has had to pay money for his conviction to be looked at, or would someone with no means of affording a review be able to get one? Does anyone know if reviews have to be paid for by the previously convicted person?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Evans on 15:43 - Jan 4 with 5905 viewsDaley_Lama

We would be polemic D_Alien, but that is both our rights.

I would not be attending because I believe footballers hold priviledged positions and are held up as heroes/role models by kids across the country.

I would not have my lad doing such a thing with Ched Evans and would therefore not attend were he in the match squad.

Oldham will have fans equally polemic and there is no definitive right/wrong on either side, purely stand-point and my empathy goes to those who support them with a similar view point to my own.

Poll: DF in or out

Evans on 15:52 - Jan 4 with 5854 viewsD_Alien

Evans on 15:43 - Jan 4 by Daley_Lama

We would be polemic D_Alien, but that is both our rights.

I would not be attending because I believe footballers hold priviledged positions and are held up as heroes/role models by kids across the country.

I would not have my lad doing such a thing with Ched Evans and would therefore not attend were he in the match squad.

Oldham will have fans equally polemic and there is no definitive right/wrong on either side, purely stand-point and my empathy goes to those who support them with a similar view point to my own.

Absolutely, and I respect your view.

I deliberately veered away from expressing a moral aspect to the case, not because I believe there isn't a moral aspect but simply that events have yet to play themselves out.

I suspect there might be no spectators at any football league ground if we all knew what went on behind closed doors.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Evans on 15:58 - Jan 4 with 5812 views1907

To say you would boycott supporting your team in your local derby because THEY have a rapist playing for THEM is probably the most idiotic thing I've ever seen on here. I'm sure not paying your £20 on the day will make such a big difference to Oldham...
Evans on 16:01 - Jan 4 with 5788 viewsSuddenLad

Evans on 15:52 - Jan 4 by D_Alien

Absolutely, and I respect your view.

I deliberately veered away from expressing a moral aspect to the case, not because I believe there isn't a moral aspect but simply that events have yet to play themselves out.

I suspect there might be no spectators at any football league ground if we all knew what went on behind closed doors.

At the moment, Evans is only part way through his sentence. He served half in prison, the remainder is on licence.

Once his sentence is fully served, it's a dead issue, but untll that day comes, it will be a quagmire of moral and ethical opinions, choices and decisions. There are no winners - only losers, because the publicity will all be hugely negative towards all parties. Family club image - gone in a flash.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Evans on 16:05 - Jan 4 with 5762 viewsMoonyDale

Evans on 15:58 - Jan 4 by 1907

To say you would boycott supporting your team in your local derby because THEY have a rapist playing for THEM is probably the most idiotic thing I've ever seen on here. I'm sure not paying your £20 on the day will make such a big difference to Oldham...

You miss the point spectacularly, it is a refusal to pay money into a clubs gate receipts whilst they are playing a rapist. it has nothing to do with not wishing to support our lads, and the simple fact you don't grasp that fact is indeed idiotic.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Evans on 16:14 - Jan 4 with 5710 views1907

Evans on 16:05 - Jan 4 by MoonyDale

You miss the point spectacularly, it is a refusal to pay money into a clubs gate receipts whilst they are playing a rapist. it has nothing to do with not wishing to support our lads, and the simple fact you don't grasp that fact is indeed idiotic.....

No I understand the point entirely. However over the course of a season, 20/30 Rochdale fans boycotting one game isn't going to change a right lot, apart from having a negative impact on supporting our players at a time they need it most. Again, that is idiotic!
Evans on 16:15 - Jan 4 with 5704 viewsmeeee

Here is the petition https://www.change.org/p/simon-corney-chairman-of-oldham-athletic-fc-refuse-to-s
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024