Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 10:47 - Jan 4 with 32785 viewsbatfink

Just heard on 5 live Ched Evans is signing for a league 1 club
Evans on 19:18 - Jan 5 with 3323 viewsILoveMYclub

Perhaps they are gambling that there is an if and when cleared they will be looked on favourably if and when he can be signed , as somebody who supported him in a time of need. The cynic in me says it was the only thing they could do to steal the Dales thunder for such an awesome result.....just the cynic in me.
Evans on 19:31 - Jan 5 with 3261 viewsD_Alien

Evans on 19:00 - Jan 5 by MoonyDale

Would these twitter messages be admissible in his appeal? If so they are going to blow her case wide open.....

I expect so, otherwise there would be grounds for a further appeal, if unsuccessful.

But hey, let's not worry, the mob have spoken.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Evans on 22:34 - Jan 5 with 3148 viewsfirgrovedale51

Evans on 09:09 - Jan 5 by SuddenLad

The whole point is, that the court decided that the girl did NOT consent to sex with Evans, therefore the jury convicted Evans of rape. We know that our justice system isn't perfect - none are - but it's thankfully a damn sight better than almost all others.

As the allegation of rape was not concocted or invented then there is no reason why the female should be charged with anything. Sex took place, all parties agree. The issue was consent. There was nothing false or malicious about the allegation.

It's a very grey area and one which no doubt many a male will breathe a sigh of relief when he reads the circumstances.

Given the amount of evidence required to secure a prosecution (let alone a conviction) for rape and the fact that he was convicted by a jury, we all have to accept that he is guilty until such time as the conviction is (if ever) overturned. We are told that will be 35 weeks.

He may well be free to resume his career in the summer. Wouldn't it make more sense to wait and then take it from there ?

I genuinely don't understand why Oldham would put themselves in the firing line like this and give their supporters all this grief. It smacks of desperation - but at what price ?

It's a hornets nest and by the time the media circus is finished, Oldham are going to rue the day they ever considered taking Evans on.

What evidence?
Evans on 12:44 - Jan 6 with 2973 viewsBobbyjoe

Evans on 19:31 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

I expect so, otherwise there would be grounds for a further appeal, if unsuccessful.

Your blanket condemnation of all those who oppose Evans resuming a career in football, using such terms as "knee-jerk" and "mob", is no more valid than you being accused of being an apologist for rapists.
Evans on 14:15 - Jan 6 with 2850 viewsD_Alien

Evans on 12:44 - Jan 6 by Bobbyjoe

Your blanket condemnation of all those who oppose Evans resuming a career in football, using such terms as "knee-jerk" and "mob", is no more valid than you being accused of being an apologist for rapists.

Equal validity (or invalidity) would suggest I've indicated I'm an apologist for rapists, for which there is no basis.

There is a basis for the descriptive terms I've used.

"Knee-jerk" in terms of those who can't wait to jump on an "I'm more moral than you" bandwagon, especially without studying the case.

"Mob" in terms of the 20000+ signatories to the Oldham petition, many of whom can't have attended a Latics game for some considerable time but who almost certainly fall into the "knee-jerk" category. I've also applied that term to some posters on this messageboard; I'll grant you, that may have been ill-considered.

Otherwise, your claim for equal invalidity is incorrect.

[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 14:21]

Evans on 11:41 - Jan 7 with 2686 views100notout

Apparently now agreed personal terms with the biffos

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Evans on 12:05 - Jan 7 with 2598 viewsJimmyRustler

The worst thing about it from Oldham's POV is that they rejected him once and seem to have made a u-turn on that decision. This has resulted in the more cynical of us (and probably not so) suggesting that Oldham's poor run of form is the reason for their change of heart as opposed to a change in circumstance or moral standpoint from their side. Whilst it could have always been argued that desperation was behind Oldham's approach to sign him, this could have only been at the very most inferred but now it portrays the image of a club who realised that they were in the shit and decided to sign a convicted rapist on that basis alone. Doesn't exactly paint the best portrait of the club and the people running it.
Evans on 12:13 - Jan 7 with 2569 viewsMoonyDale

Evans on 19:31 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

I think the "Mob" accusation if aimed at this board is harsh, all people can go on is the verdict of the jury and the case evidence itself. Everyone has their own moral compass myself included. I didn't sign any petition but now that it seems he will be signing a deal with the Biffos my stance on non attendance of our game there will stand. As I have said previously if he wins an appeal my view would change, he would then be innocent but at the moment he is guilty.....As for over 20 thousand signatures against the move my only question is where the hell have they been hiding at Boundary Park for home games? Will be interesting to see their next home game attendance...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Evans on 12:20 - Jan 7 with 2534 viewsraadale

Firstly, I'm sure Ched Evens is a horrible nasty piece of work and the crime is horrendous but in the eyes of the law at this moment in time he is guilty but, also in the eyes of the law he has served the sentence he was given. He should be allowed to get work as should anybody who has served the sentence that was handed down to them by a court of law. Weather that sentence was just or fair is not the argument (personally i think rapists and peados should have there balls chopped off) he has done what he was told. Should we say to anybody who has been in prison I'm sorry but you can't ever work again???? Lee Hughes actually ended somebodys life? Killed them? yet he is allowed to play? (And i don't take any arguments his crime wasn't deliberate. If you get into a car drunk or high and drive it then i think the charge should be murder, not death by dangerous driving). From a footballing point of view this is a brilliant signing for Latics and could change their whole season around but hopefully the negative press will affect them and him and we'll stuff em at their place. That's my threpence worth anyway.
Evans on 12:32 - Jan 7 with 2501 viewsD_Alien

Evans on 12:13 - Jan 7 by MoonyDale

I think the "Mob" accusation if aimed at this board is harsh, all people can go on is the verdict of the jury and the case evidence itself. Everyone has their own moral compass myself included. I didn't sign any petition but now that it seems he will be signing a deal with the Biffos my stance on non attendance of our game there will stand. As I have said previously if he wins an appeal my view would change, he would then be innocent but at the moment he is guilty.....As for over 20 thousand signatures against the move my only question is where the hell have they been hiding at Boundary Park for home games? Will be interesting to see their next home game attendance...

I've already posted that any accusation of a "mob" on this board was ill-considered, but I stand by every other word.

Evans on 12:39 - Jan 7 with 2459 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Don't get the point that because over 20,000 have signed this petition, they must be jumping on the bandwagon or it must be a knee-jerk reaction?

So other than the 4,000 Oldham fans, nobody else is allowed an opinion on the matter?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 12:40]
Evans on 12:45 - Jan 7 with 2425 viewsJimmyRustler

Evans on 12:39 - Jan 7 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

Don't get the point that because over 20,000 have signed this petition, they must be jumping on the bandwagon or it must be a knee-jerk reaction?

So other than the 4,000 Oldham fans, nobody else is allowed an opinion on the matter?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 12:40]

Everyone's allowed an opinion but unless you're an Oldham fan then your opinion on whether he should sign for Oldham is irrelevant. He's not breaking the law by trying to find a route back into football and the only people it will directly affect if he does sign for them are those immediately connected and concerned with Oldham. People these days seem to think that if something offends them then they're automatically in the right and this right can be used as a stick to beat others with and this simply isn't true.

The worst thing is, people will have signed that petition who have no interest in football whatsoever and probably no idea about the case or the circumstances surrounding it. Can't beat the bandwagoners. Ps this isn't a rant at you btw Simmo.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 12:46]
Evans on 12:49 - Jan 7 with 2398 viewsD_Alien

Evans on 12:45 - Jan 7 by JimmyRustler

Everyone's allowed an opinion but unless you're an Oldham fan then your opinion on whether he should sign for Oldham is irrelevant. He's not breaking the law by trying to find a route back into football and the only people it will directly affect if he does sign for them are those immediately connected and concerned with Oldham. People these days seem to think that if something offends them then they're automatically in the right and this right can be used as a stick to beat others with and this simply isn't true.

The worst thing is, people will have signed that petition who have no interest in football whatsoever and probably no idea about the case or the circumstances surrounding it. Can't beat the bandwagoners. Ps this isn't a rant at you btw Simmo.

Couldn't have put it better myself JR

Evans on 12:57 - Jan 7 with 2351 viewsTalkingSutty

Getting away from the rights or wrongs of Evans signing on at Oldham, I don't really see why they would want to sign him in the first place. The fact he has been out of football for so long means there is no guarantee he will return the same player as when he left.

From a financial point of view it could be a disaster because if you factor in a combination of maybe 500 home and away supporters who decide to boycott games at Boundary Park as a matter of principal that is lost revenue of roughly 8000 pounds per game and that's before you factor in his wages. Is it worth all the aggravation?

How many Dale fans will boycott the game in a couple of weeks if Evans signs?
Evans on 13:13 - Jan 7 with 2291 viewsMoonyDale

Evans on 12:57 - Jan 7 by TalkingSutty

Getting away from the rights or wrongs of Evans signing on at Oldham, I don't really see why they would want to sign him in the first place. The fact he has been out of football for so long means there is no guarantee he will return the same player as when he left.

From a financial point of view it could be a disaster because if you factor in a combination of maybe 500 home and away supporters who decide to boycott games at Boundary Park as a matter of principal that is lost revenue of roughly 8000 pounds per game and that's before you factor in his wages. Is it worth all the aggravation?

How many Dale fans will boycott the game in a couple of weeks if Evans signs?

I might be in the minority but I won't be attending...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Evans on 13:13 - Jan 7 with 2291 viewselectricblue

Add to that possible sponsor/s walking away aswell...
Too costly to even comtemplate.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Evans on 14:01 - Jan 7 with 2189 viewsjoecooke

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30681333

Looking more likely.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Evans on 14:08 - Jan 7 with 2167 views442Dale

Oldham's justification for upsetting so many of their own supporters will be very interesting to hear.

Whatever you think about the specifics, one look at the Oldham forum indicates how let down a good percentage feel. It's THEIR club, that is something that doesn't appear to have been taken fully into account.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Evans on 14:18 - Jan 7 with 2132 viewswatford_dale

Evans on 14:01 - Jan 7 by joecooke

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30681333

Looking more likely.

Think this is a done deal now, the finances issue has been aided somewhat by Karl Massey, who is mates with the Oldham chairman, agreeing to make up the difference if sponsors walk away and also pay Evans wages until the end of the season. Plus the PFA may offer financial assistance to a club who will give him a way back into the game.

The club are financially not in great shape and will view it as a last throw of the dice to avoid (yet) another relegation fight and hope his goals, as Sheff Utd did, get them into the playoffs.
Evans on 14:22 - Jan 7 with 2113 viewsTalkingSutty

Evans on 14:08 - Jan 7 by 442Dale

Oldham's justification for upsetting so many of their own supporters will be very interesting to hear.

Whatever you think about the specifics, one look at the Oldham forum indicates how let down a good percentage feel. It's THEIR club, that is something that doesn't appear to have been taken fully into account.

Good point and once individual fans decide not to attend games it will be difficult to get them to return.
It highlights to those fans how the club really value their support and in this case the fact discussions are still ongoing shows the contempt the average supporter is held by the powers that be at boardroom level. What a complete mess.
Evans on 14:26 - Jan 7 with 2091 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

I agree with the majority of your post. But even an Oldham fans' opinion seems to be irrelevant now they've signed him.

There will be the odd few who have signed it without knowing anything about the case, but I reckon the majority are just expressing their opinion that they don't think he should be employed in football. To label them "bandwagoners" or having "knee-jerk reactions" is a bit unfair.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 14:27]
Evans on 17:35 - Jan 7 with 1897 viewsbennersdale

Deal done.

I now won't be attending our game at boundary park later this month, I will not pay towards this persons wages. I know our lads need the support but I have to follow my morals on this situation.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Evans on 17:45 - Jan 7 with 1856 viewsolympicdale

Evans on 17:35 - Jan 7 by bennersdale

Deal done.

I now won't be attending our game at boundary park later this month, I will not pay towards this persons wages. I know our lads need the support but I have to follow my morals on this situation.

must have changed, when I looked a few minute ago they were saying it could be a few days.

Life is a game of fate.

Evans on 17:47 - Jan 7 with 1854 viewsisitme

I found out a bit of information about the Evans saga at work today.

Supposedly the father of Evans' girlfriend owns a number of jewellers in the North West. He is also very friendly with one of Oldham's owners. He is paying Evans' wages till the end of the season, to vouch for him and has said he will make up any shortfall in sponsorship due to businesses pulling out of their deals.

Not sure how much of this is true but my source is usually reliable.

As for boycotting Oldham. It is a tricky one but it is our nearest away game and the players would certainly appreciate our support.
Evans on 17:49 - Jan 7 with 1847 viewsbennersdale

Quoted as deal done on BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30681333

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024