Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 10:47 - Jan 4 with 32784 viewsbatfink

Just heard on 5 live Ched Evans is signing for a league 1 club
Evans on 18:15 - Jan 4 with 2583 viewsD_Alien

Evans on 17:58 - Jan 4 by BrighouseDale

Regardless of whether he's guilty of rape, he still took a drunk young woman to a hotel room and shagged her, while he was in a relationship with another girl. "Boys will be boys" is not an excuse here. Me and my mates love to go out on the pi$$, but we've never put ourselves in a situation where we could be accused of rape. We all have our own moral compass but in my eyes Ched Evans is a seedy character who is now extremely hard to like. Rochdale AFC is well known as a family club, and if we signed a player with a reputation like his I would not be happy in the slightest.

I think we're all old enough to know that not all footballers are angels. They're young men earning a lot of money, and they're bound to attract female attention on nights out. However, if it came to light that Matty Done or Jamie Allen had been as stupid / wicked as Ched Evans, I'd seriously have to consider paying to see a game while they were in the squad.

I respect your position.

I'd point out though, that his girlfriend has stood by him and her father is not only standing by him since he believes him to be innocent of the crime of rape, but has been acting as an intermediary with the clubs interested in signing him.

That tells me something which goes beyond the pretty poor media coverage of the true facts of the case that many people seem to be using to judge him.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Evans on 18:15 - Jan 4 with 2583 viewselectricblue

This was on the local news(NWT) tonight a reporter live at the ground and he mentioned that around 8k had signed the petition..
Didnt know that many supporters tbh...

Anyway the way i see it Evans as a right to be employed in what ever capacity weither its a pro footballer or a brickie alledged rapist or not.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Evans on 18:19 - Jan 4 with 2552 viewsBrighouseDale

Evans on 18:15 - Jan 4 by JimmyRustler

It isn't as cut and dry as that though in this case because it resulted in loss of life. I suppose you could argue the only difference between drink driving and what happened is the eventuality but even so, that's almost saying that you're unlucky if you kill someone whilst intoxicated behind the wheel and that's of course a ridiculous sentiment

Exactly, there isn't an exact science behind it. I really don't know why rape is generally viewed as more evil than drink driving.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Evans on 18:19 - Jan 4 with 2551 viewsJimmyRustler

Evans on 18:15 - Jan 4 by scooby

a chance to recover her life while Evans is being well paid and denying any wrong doing? How when its being rubbed in her face can she recover? (assuming its all as simple as you suggest)

Have you got a daughter? How would you feel if a boy being a boy did this to your daughter?

I didn't say she would recover but she certainly has more chance of doing when she's alive. I don't have any children but again, as callous as it sounds, at least in the Evans case I'd have children. The poor parents in the McCormick case don't even have that luxury. The 'imagine it was your daughter' comments are exactly what I mean when it comes to rape being an emotional crime. Where were the people saying, 'what if it was your child killed on the motorway?' when McCormixk was trying to get back into football?
Evans on 18:24 - Jan 4 with 2514 viewsD_Alien

Evans on 18:15 - Jan 4 by scooby

a chance to recover her life while Evans is being well paid and denying any wrong doing? How when its being rubbed in her face can she recover? (assuming its all as simple as you suggest)

Have you got a daughter? How would you feel if a boy being a boy did this to your daughter?

If my daughter (and yes, I have one) went out looking for sex - which a girl is perfectly entitled to do - and ended up having sex with two boys, neither of whom she'd met before that night and both believing she had consented, I'd not wish either of those boys to be found guilty of rape.

Evans on 18:31 - Jan 4 with 2474 viewsscooby

Evans on 18:24 - Jan 4 by D_Alien

If my daughter (and yes, I have one) went out looking for sex - which a girl is perfectly entitled to do - and ended up having sex with two boys, neither of whom she'd met before that night and both believing she had consented, I'd not wish either of those boys to be found guilty of rape.

There is a difference between giving consent, and assuming. We don't know the details, but a jury who were presented with a set of details found him guilty and the other lad not. there is something in that decision...

Until it's overturned, he is guilty. Until his license is expired, he is serving. Until his time is spent (maybe 10years) he will be on the sex offenders register.

I dont want this type of person to be a role model to my children (either my son or daughters).

I dont work in NHS, Education etc, but my company require a CRB (or whatever they are called now). As footballers are more likely to be in contact in with the public of all types, they should be CRB'd too. In fact, i suspect they are before they are allowed in schools.
Evans on 18:33 - Jan 4 with 2454 viewsRAFC1907

In the UK more than most countries, people believe what the media say, when all the media are, are morans who either hound people over here, or try to get the headline so you purchase their paper, making money.

Ched Evans, has been to jail, he has been punished.

The lady in question also had tried to get other celebs in trouble prior to Ched Evans with similar accusations.

We also know in this country, no matter how innocent you are, you are told prior to entering a plea in court, that if you plead guilty you will have a third of your jail term taken off.

If you dont plead guilty however, you will be in jail a lot longer.

The country is bent.

Poll: Bottomley...

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:34 - Jan 4 with 2452 viewsRAFC1907

Poll: Bottomley...

Login to get fewer ads

Evans on 18:57 - Jan 4 with 2388 viewsChaffRAFC

Evans on 18:31 - Jan 4 by scooby

There is a difference between giving consent, and assuming. We don't know the details, but a jury who were presented with a set of details found him guilty and the other lad not. there is something in that decision...

Until it's overturned, he is guilty. Until his license is expired, he is serving. Until his time is spent (maybe 10years) he will be on the sex offenders register.

I dont want this type of person to be a role model to my children (either my son or daughters).

I dont work in NHS, Education etc, but my company require a CRB (or whatever they are called now). As footballers are more likely to be in contact in with the public of all types, they should be CRB'd too. In fact, i suspect they are before they are allowed in schools.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Evans on 19:10 - Jan 4 with 2319 viewsnordenblue

And a jury presented with a set of details ALWAYS arrives at the correct verdict?
As bad a crime rape is i cant for the life of me see how it is any worse than killing 2 people.Yet various players are still allowed to ply their trade as footballers having commited far worse crimes in my eyes and generally the courts due to length of time served for such offences.
Evans on 19:18 - Jan 4 with 2290 viewsD_Alien

There is also something in the fact an appeal has been allowed. Appeals can't happen automatically - there have to be sufficient grounds.

When the first lad was found not guilty, his relatives created such a commotion that the judge ordered the court to be cleared for the second verdict. Everyone associated with Evans were expecting a similar "not guilty" verdict - based on the facts presented. It appears the guilty verdict may well have been perverse, thus the appeal being allowed.

The first lad had left Evans in the dock with the words "see you outside". He too firmly believed the girl he'd taken to the hotel room had consented to sex with Evans, just as much as with him. Not assumed - consented.

I think I'll wait until the appeal. Evans would've been better advised to wait until after the appeal before trying to resume his career, except that he'd been given a personal guarantee by the Sheff Utd chairman that he was welcome back at Bramhall Lane upon release from prison. There have been enough miscarriages of justice (the Birmingham Six, anyone?) to reserve sufficient doubt.

As for "role models", the sooner people stop idolising footballers, football managers, football anything, the better.

Evans on 19:42 - Jan 4 with 2234 viewsBobbyjoe

Evans on 19:18 - Jan 4 by D_Alien

There is also something in the fact an appeal has been allowed. Appeals can't happen automatically - there have to be sufficient grounds.

When the first lad was found not guilty, his relatives created such a commotion that the judge ordered the court to be cleared for the second verdict. Everyone associated with Evans were expecting a similar "not guilty" verdict - based on the facts presented. It appears the guilty verdict may well have been perverse, thus the appeal being allowed.

The first lad had left Evans in the dock with the words "see you outside". He too firmly believed the girl he'd taken to the hotel room had consented to sex with Evans, just as much as with him. Not assumed - consented.

I think I'll wait until the appeal. Evans would've been better advised to wait until after the appeal before trying to resume his career, except that he'd been given a personal guarantee by the Sheff Utd chairman that he was welcome back at Bramhall Lane upon release from prison. There have been enough miscarriages of justice (the Birmingham Six, anyone?) to reserve sufficient doubt.

As for "role models", the sooner people stop idolising footballers, football managers, football anything, the better.

Parallels with the Birmingham Six are utterly spurious, and insult them and other victims of miscarriages of justice, where such victims were utterly innocent of any involvement whatsoever in the heinous crimes of which they were shamefully convicted. We can perhaps agree that rape can be a greyer area.
Evans on 19:55 - Jan 4 with 2202 viewsnordenblue

Evans on 19:42 - Jan 4 by Bobbyjoe

Parallels with the Birmingham Six are utterly spurious, and insult them and other victims of miscarriages of justice, where such victims were utterly innocent of any involvement whatsoever in the heinous crimes of which they were shamefully convicted. We can perhaps agree that rape can be a greyer area.

How do any of us know Evans too isn't totally innocent like the examples you mention though?
Evans on 20:02 - Jan 4 with 2182 viewsBobbyjoe

Evans on 19:55 - Jan 4 by nordenblue

How do any of us know Evans too isn't totally innocent like the examples you mention though?

I think even he would agree he was at least present when the alleged crime was allegedly committed. The Birmingham Six were as innocent of the Birmingham pub bombings, as you or I are of allegedly raping Evans's alleged victim.
Evans on 20:05 - Jan 4 with 2166 viewsJimmyRustler

Evans on 20:02 - Jan 4 by Bobbyjoe

I think even he would agree he was at least present when the alleged crime was allegedly committed. The Birmingham Six were as innocent of the Birmingham pub bombings, as you or I are of allegedly raping Evans's alleged victim.

What are you on about? There are no different levels of innocence. You're either innocent or you're not and The Birmingham Six is as apt an example of a miscarriage of justice as any other.
Evans on 20:12 - Jan 4 with 2138 viewsBobbyjoe

Evans on 20:05 - Jan 4 by JimmyRustler

What are you on about? There are no different levels of innocence. You're either innocent or you're not and The Birmingham Six is as apt an example of a miscarriage of justice as any other.

So, if you (that's, "you") had been convicted of being a third person who raped this woman (despite being a hundred miles away at the time), you and Ched Evans would be equally innocent/guilty?
Evans on 20:16 - Jan 4 with 2110 viewsnordenblue

Evans on 20:02 - Jan 4 by Bobbyjoe

He's never denied being there or in fact sleeping with her, that doesn't instantly class him as guilty though.
Admittedly as it stands hes guilty and everyone's jumping all over him, but as others previously have been guilty they've since been cleared.
Evans on 20:16 - Jan 4 with 2107 viewsJimmyRustler

Evans on 20:12 - Jan 4 by Bobbyjoe

So, if you (that's, "you") had been convicted of being a third person who raped this woman (despite being a hundred miles away at the time), you and Ched Evans would be equally innocent/guilty?

Despite the fact that my dick would probably still reach, if you're found guilty by a jury then you're guilty, doesn't matter whether you're surfboarding in the Pacific or eating cheesecake on the Moon at the time. The distinction between guilt and innocence couldn't be any clearer. Unless he (or anyone else for that matter) wins his appeal, the judicial system's word is final.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 20:17]
Evans on 20:49 - Jan 4 with 2056 viewsDorsetDale

From the off, let me state that as far as I'm concerned, a rapist is a rapist, IS A RAPIST.

However I don't buy the papers and have little knowledge of what happened.

So I googled Ched Evans. Top of the first page comes up his own website (admittedly I think provided by the criminal justice system for the convicted who claim wrongful conviction, but never the less)

I, like D_Alien, would rather wait for any appeal before condemning anyone.

I just wonder how many on here have simply read what the red tops have to say without doing a simple bit of research?

It's worth a look

http://www.chedevans.com/

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Evans on 21:02 - Jan 4 with 2014 views49thseason

Evans was accused of rape, sent to court by the CPS, was supported by presumably, a very able defence team and was found guilty by a jury of his peers. he has served half his 5 year term in prison and is now out on licence. He has appealed the conviction and a result of his appeal will be known in "about 35 weeks" from the date of the appeal ie, sometime in the summer.

Why would OAFC or any other club offer him a contract of any sort until the result of the appeal is known? The only answer is in pure opportunism, a chance to gain an advantage from his situation to benefit OAFC at the expense of common sense and, until proved otherwise, at the expense of the victim and her family.

Sadly OAFC have form for this sort of behaviour and I for one am grateful we have a Chairman who would never countenance such amoral behaviour for fear of destroying the wonderful relationships Rochdale AFC have with schools, parents and the wider public. Can you imagine inviting young kids and their parents to the club and trying to explain why you have a convicted rapist playing centre forward?

Evans has shown little if any regret despite the fact he was cheating on his girl friend by his actions, and his attitude so far seems to indicate that his problem is all about being found out rather than any sense of having done something dreadful and is clearly not role model material of any kind. I imagine that any club employing him in the future would be taking a huge risk that all but the most desperate would regard as beyond the pale, even Hartlepool saw sense and rejected him. If Oldham decide to employ him now,I suspect the fall-out will tear them apart.
Evans on 21:07 - Jan 4 with 1986 views442Dale

The manager isn't happy? Utter madness.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/ched-evans-to-oldha

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Evans on 21:56 - Jan 4 with 1887 viewsBeechball

Evans on 21:02 - Jan 4 by 49thseason

Evans was accused of rape, sent to court by the CPS, was supported by presumably, a very able defence team and was found guilty by a jury of his peers. he has served half his 5 year term in prison and is now out on licence. He has appealed the conviction and a result of his appeal will be known in "about 35 weeks" from the date of the appeal ie, sometime in the summer.

Why would OAFC or any other club offer him a contract of any sort until the result of the appeal is known? The only answer is in pure opportunism, a chance to gain an advantage from his situation to benefit OAFC at the expense of common sense and, until proved otherwise, at the expense of the victim and her family.

Sadly OAFC have form for this sort of behaviour and I for one am grateful we have a Chairman who would never countenance such amoral behaviour for fear of destroying the wonderful relationships Rochdale AFC have with schools, parents and the wider public. Can you imagine inviting young kids and their parents to the club and trying to explain why you have a convicted rapist playing centre forward?

Evans has shown little if any regret despite the fact he was cheating on his girl friend by his actions, and his attitude so far seems to indicate that his problem is all about being found out rather than any sense of having done something dreadful and is clearly not role model material of any kind. I imagine that any club employing him in the future would be taking a huge risk that all but the most desperate would regard as beyond the pale, even Hartlepool saw sense and rejected him. If Oldham decide to employ him now,I suspect the fall-out will tear them apart.

Unless the girl is a fan of League One football she's less likely to hear Evans' s name once he's back in the game than she is now with this endless saga. It's not like Lee Hughes was a household name for the remainder of his career.
Evans on 22:36 - Jan 4 with 1812 views442Dale

Predictable development:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2896468/Ched-Evans-facing-setb

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Evans on 22:57 - Jan 4 with 1780 viewsolympicdale

I'm not sure why any club would want to sign Evans, given the amount of unnecessary drama and attention they will receive, unless they're completely desperate, step forward Oldham Athletic.

For me personally I think he should be able to continue playing once the dusk settles, whilst in no way condoning what he did, but you'd have to ask yourself as a potential suitor, is it worth the hassle, and the gamble, as there isn't any guarantee he will perform as he did 5 years ago.

With the Oldham owner coming out and stating his ignorance about whether fans accept it or not is terrible PR, reeks of ill do what I want, not a morale I'd want any club i associated with to be portraying to the world.

Hope they know what they're doing, the spotlight of the footballing world will be on them if this comes off.

Life is a game of fate.

Evans on 23:06 - Jan 4 with 1758 viewsSuddenLad

Evans on 22:36 - Jan 4 by 442Dale

Predictable development:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2896468/Ched-Evans-facing-setb

SSN have reported that the bofficials at OAFC are bprepared to 'ride the waves' of hostility and won't let public opinion sway their decision.

I wonder what their attitude will be when the club sponsor decides to pull out. I bet that will make them sit up and think.

If it hasn' t already.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024