Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS 20:27 - May 22 with 34846 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford
Kick off 3pm.
Wembley Stadium
EFL Championship Final

Saturday May 29th 2021

Match Officials

Chris Kavanagh is the referee chosen to officiate the EFL Championship final at Wembley.
Kavanagh will be assisted by Sian Massey-Ellis and Dan Cook. David Coote is the fourth official and Neil Davies the reserve assistant referee.

From the streets of NL.
Due to unforeseen circumstances this week the participation in this thread by the usual contributor has been lacking. It’s nothing more than being a lazy bad lad with more excuses than John Hollins.

Here it is.

To the tune of frigging in the rigging !

It was on the good ship Franky
Whose attitude is cranky
He’s got long hair and a mental stare
But he loves a right hand shandy

Their striker is called Toney
But he ain’t no Wilfried Bony
When Guehi gets ahold of him
He will disappear quite quickly

Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
It’s an easy thing to do.

When Brentford came to Swansea
They stopped for some post match bonding
Five grandads and a couple of kids
Booted them all the way to Tonypandy

Ok, let’s give them the BOLLOX !

Their away support is a pity
It’s laughable and shitty
Small time is too big for them
Cos WE ARE Swansea City !

Oh dear 🤪😂

Ticket scandal.
http://www.swanseaindependent.co.uk

As soon as we get verified news it will be here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55126/ryan-is-ready-to-m

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55131/swansea-city-the-i

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55132/wales-very-much-in

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Connor Roberts, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kieron Freeman, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:18 - May 29 with 1346 viewsjackrabbit

It could be a blessing in disguise, if our owners realising we’re not going to be awash with EPL and Sky money decide to sell up. We’ll go nowhere under this ownership.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:18 - May 29 with 1352 viewsjohnlangy

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:58 - May 29 by Groo

Going to be an interesting summer as the rebuild starts.

No more EPL parachute payments, Ayew will leave, possible Cooper will leave.

Hopefully Cooper WILL leave. Today was another shambles of a performance in a season of mostly shambolic performances. How we got to the final I don't know.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:19 - May 29 with 1335 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:48 - May 29 by 34dfgdf54

That sums up Dhanda that. Zero composure

Shame, he can play in fairness, but Championship maybe a step to far for him, I've contradicted myself there

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:19 - May 29 with 1323 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:04 - May 29 by Headmaster

Problems entirely of our own making.

I can't stomach the thought of watching Cooperball for another full season. The bloke's been here for 2 years now and our identity has completely gone. Tactically clueless and naive. He's got to go.

Exactly like last season in the play offs. Two goal down in 20 mins and uphill from there, A red card was what a poorly diciplined teams do when the pressure is on. Grimes did not show leadership with his terrible challenge.

Time for Benda, Ollie Cooper, Brandon Cooper and Cullen to step up next season with 20 games each at least. Rushesha as well if fit. Garrick has been given a couple more year and has gas. Patience will be required.

I would like to see Graeme Jones appointed with Rangel and Routledge in the mix. They know the Swansea DNA that was so sucessfull with emphasis on "performance". These must bring back the "Jenkinista" style. Birch was shrewd enough to tap into Leon Britton but he was not the man to carry the batton. It needs some one with passion and drive (Rangel) and shrewd mantra (Routledge) who has talked about the coaching at Swansea.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:19 - May 29 with 1335 viewsKilkennyjack

No parachute monies next season.

I think Cooper did well to get us into play offs.

Fulton got sent off at the worst time and for nothing beneficial to the team.
Killed us today.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:25 - May 29 with 1273 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:18 - May 29 by johnlangy

Hopefully Cooper WILL leave. Today was another shambles of a performance in a season of mostly shambolic performances. How we got to the final I don't know.

The swans will cash in for sure, 2.3 million in the coffers, new manager ahead.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:26 - May 29 with 1269 viewsOldjack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:16 - May 29 by max936

Got to admit, I was expecting a thrashing, them 2 up after what 20 odd mins and that was before the sending off.

Only one team that's gone up in recent years looked like they could survive in the prem was Leeds under Bielsa , total football , remember those days

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:27 - May 29 with 1255 viewsAndyCole

The bigger budget, more expensive squad with the golden boot striker, and the more supportive fan base won the day.

As the insightful Sky pundit just commented: "if you take Ivan Toney out of that game and you stick him in Swansea's team it could well have been a different game.....and Ethan Pinnock in their defence..........they have more collective star quality than Swansea, so for Swansea to be here is a remarkable effort. Brentford have been the top scorers for last two seasons with EPL quality upfront...."

Says it all. Full stop.

Yet, fair play to Swansea City FC with a mid-table budget, no recognised striker and a young clever manager to be in this remarkable position two years running. Well done to all at SCFC, despite the boo boys.

Cooper has earned the right for a bigger budget and more supportive fanbase. Which of course is most likely elsewhere.

I wonder whether Cooper's head was turned some time ago, with EPL suitors sniffing for some time. And of course the miserable showing by the fanbase here with 70%+ wanting him sacked going into the most pivotal period of our season. I know what most ambitious, clever, innovative and progressive young managers would have done.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:28 - May 29 with 1245 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:19 - May 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Exactly like last season in the play offs. Two goal down in 20 mins and uphill from there, A red card was what a poorly diciplined teams do when the pressure is on. Grimes did not show leadership with his terrible challenge.

Time for Benda, Ollie Cooper, Brandon Cooper and Cullen to step up next season with 20 games each at least. Rushesha as well if fit. Garrick has been given a couple more year and has gas. Patience will be required.

I would like to see Graeme Jones appointed with Rangel and Routledge in the mix. They know the Swansea DNA that was so sucessfull with emphasis on "performance". These must bring back the "Jenkinista" style. Birch was shrewd enough to tap into Leon Britton but he was not the man to carry the batton. It needs some one with passion and drive (Rangel) and shrewd mantra (Routledge) who has talked about the coaching at Swansea.

We have ready made replacements

Benda for Woodman
Cooper for Guehi
Smith is already a better option for us than Hourihane

Ayew will obviously be a huge miss and we need to really be smart with our recruitment in terms of bringing in attacking players.

My worry is if we cash in on the likes of Grimes and Cabango.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:29 - May 29 with 1234 viewsswan85

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:27 - May 29 by AndyCole

The bigger budget, more expensive squad with the golden boot striker, and the more supportive fan base won the day.

As the insightful Sky pundit just commented: "if you take Ivan Toney out of that game and you stick him in Swansea's team it could well have been a different game.....and Ethan Pinnock in their defence..........they have more collective star quality than Swansea, so for Swansea to be here is a remarkable effort. Brentford have been the top scorers for last two seasons with EPL quality upfront...."

Says it all. Full stop.

Yet, fair play to Swansea City FC with a mid-table budget, no recognised striker and a young clever manager to be in this remarkable position two years running. Well done to all at SCFC, despite the boo boys.

Cooper has earned the right for a bigger budget and more supportive fanbase. Which of course is most likely elsewhere.

I wonder whether Cooper's head was turned some time ago, with EPL suitors sniffing for some time. And of course the miserable showing by the fanbase here with 70%+ wanting him sacked going into the most pivotal period of our season. I know what most ambitious, clever, innovative and progressive young managers would have done.

For me, that is a very good post - and fully agree with it.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:30 - May 29 with 1224 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:26 - May 29 by Oldjack

Only one team that's gone up in recent years looked like they could survive in the prem was Leeds under Bielsa , total football , remember those days

I hate to say it and it goes against the grain to say it, but I've enjoyed watching Leeds this yr, been great.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:31 - May 29 with 1212 viewsmax936

Listening to Tomas Franks he sounds like a fecking Alien

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:34 - May 29 with 1179 viewsswan85

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:31 - May 29 by max936

Sorry, no, I can’t!
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:36 - May 29 with 1169 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:31 - May 29 by max936

Pity they didn't drop him on his head. 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:37 - May 29 with 1154 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:27 - May 29 by AndyCole

Says it all. Full stop.

Fair comment
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:38 - May 29 with 1144 viewsReslovenSwan1

He is a top coach and has been for some time. He has every right to like his own performance and team. He has over praised swanse if anything.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 17:40 - May 29 with 1124 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 08:45 - May 25 by onehunglow

Andy.
If you are right,send me a PM and we will invite you to our Hot Tub meeting along with the west Wirral Silver Swingers community.

Ah well mate, there's always next year.

Have enjoyed your feisty, yet respectful banter - just as how it should be played.

Head and shoulders above the rabble, fair play. A lesson to the many, especially the unthinking sheeple, of which there far too many.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:44 - May 29 with 1091 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:01 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

I think we should run a poll mate.
I’m going for the ex Huddersfield manager who will replace Cooper.

Good shout.

And let's see if he can lure the likes of Billing who fits perfectly with our footballing principles.

The future's bright, so many positives to build upon.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:45 - May 29 with 1086 viewsjasper_T

Hopefully a less cynical manager next, one who believes our players can play football and do well. Cooper has made our squad look like thugs and moaners who have to make every game a scrap in order to get something out of it.

The end hasn't justified the means. A miserable season of viewing with no reward.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:49 - May 29 with 1054 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:45 - May 29 by jasper_T

Hopefully a less cynical manager next, one who believes our players can play football and do well. Cooper has made our squad look like thugs and moaners who have to make every game a scrap in order to get something out of it.

The end hasn't justified the means. A miserable season of viewing with no reward.

Amen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:51 - May 29 with 1029 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:45 - May 29 by jasper_T

He's a fraud. The way we approached long throws today is the final piece of evidence anyone needs. How that was allowed to happen was truly baffling. Thomas Frank must have been grinning like a Cheshire cat and couldn't believe his luck when he saw 8 Swansea players around their box whilst his two strikers took up their preplanned positions.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 17:51]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:58 - May 29 with 996 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:34 - May 29 by swan85

Sorry, no, I can’t!

Fair point, I blame the Wife for putting me through it

We came close to scoring at one point and she screamed, just as a couple were passing the house, they obviously looked expecting to see me throttling the life out of her, they don't know her she'd have killed me before I got anywhere near putting my hands on her throat [not that I would]

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:02 - May 29 with 973 viewsswan85

I agree the football has been far from pleasing on the eye. I believe though Cooper set us up this year to get the results with the players at his disposal.

So next season, do we want to be good to watch or get results? I know you can have both.....but I don’t think the budget would permit this. I think we are a few players away from being able to play the passing game of previous years.....it will take time, are we happy to wait, or want to get the results. I think a wait is better and building, the squad would have found it difficult to compete in the PL without big spending, which we don’t have the luxury of. But I maintain Cooper has done the best he can with what he has.

So any new manager (or Cooper) needs to be given time and resources if we want to develop the passing game again.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:06 - May 29 with 951 viewsDr_Winston

We weren't exactly flush with cash the last time we got promoted out of this division. Cooper's got ample resources to play a better brand of football than he has, yet doesn't.

There were signs under Potter that we were starting to get back to those fundamentals. Unfortunately putting Cooper in charge has proven to be akin to giving Monk the job in 2015. He just ain't interested.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:09 - May 29 with 927 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:58 - May 29 by max936

Fair point, I blame the Wife for putting me through it

We came close to scoring at one point and she screamed, just as a couple were passing the house, they obviously looked expecting to see me throttling the life out of her, they don't know her she'd have killed me before I got anywhere near putting my hands on her throat [not that I would]

Not more violence.
What with Mayhill torching the locals, ex police officers wishing to stove my head in and now your tale-we're a violent lot.

Max Steve.If you want to take me on,it'll have to be up here. I can put you up for the night and we can go out for a drink after and I can introduce you to some tasty scouser chums.

Or we could read Dylan Thomas and drink Absyinsth

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024