Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS 20:27 - May 22 with 34850 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford
Kick off 3pm.
Wembley Stadium
EFL Championship Final

Saturday May 29th 2021

Match Officials

Chris Kavanagh is the referee chosen to officiate the EFL Championship final at Wembley.
Kavanagh will be assisted by Sian Massey-Ellis and Dan Cook. David Coote is the fourth official and Neil Davies the reserve assistant referee.

From the streets of NL.
Due to unforeseen circumstances this week the participation in this thread by the usual contributor has been lacking. It’s nothing more than being a lazy bad lad with more excuses than John Hollins.

Here it is.

To the tune of frigging in the rigging !

It was on the good ship Franky
Whose attitude is cranky
He’s got long hair and a mental stare
But he loves a right hand shandy

Their striker is called Toney
But he ain’t no Wilfried Bony
When Guehi gets ahold of him
He will disappear quite quickly

Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
It’s an easy thing to do.

When Brentford came to Swansea
They stopped for some post match bonding
Five grandads and a couple of kids
Booted them all the way to Tonypandy

Ok, let’s give them the BOLLOX !

Their away support is a pity
It’s laughable and shitty
Small time is too big for them
Cos WE ARE Swansea City !

Oh dear 🤪😂

Ticket scandal.
http://www.swanseaindependent.co.uk

As soon as we get verified news it will be here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55126/ryan-is-ready-to-m

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55131/swansea-city-the-i

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55132/wales-very-much-in

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Connor Roberts, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kieron Freeman, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:14 - May 30 with 1350 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 22:26 - May 29 by jasper_T

Fenerbache were appalling when he was there as well. And West Ham knew they'd bought a lemon.

I won't miss his contribution.

I really dont see what our fans get excited about with AA Jasper, how for the love of Herbie/Wyndham did we end up paying him a fortune for player who hides in games and has lost his pace. I also wont miss his contribution and will be amazed if he ends up playing for a Prem team.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:18 - May 30 with 1338 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 10:05 - May 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Grimes is a real divider between the fans here - I’m not personally convinced despite his effort and industry . MGW is what we need as a midfielder to build a side around - Grimes falls way short of him.
[Post edited 30 May 2021 10:07]

You cant have one without the other, two completely different types of midfielder.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:32 - May 30 with 1325 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:14 - May 30 by krunchykarrot

I really dont see what our fans get excited about with AA Jasper, how for the love of Herbie/Wyndham did we end up paying him a fortune for player who hides in games and has lost his pace. I also wont miss his contribution and will be amazed if he ends up playing for a Prem team.

33 goals and 11 assists in two seasons under Steve Cooper, in a side notorious for finishing matches with 2, 1 and quite frequently 0 shots on target. That's very impressive and dismissing his contribution is idiotic.

We would not have finished in the play-offs each of the last two seasons without him, and Steve Cooper would be looking for a job in League 1 if not for Ayew's contribution under his tenure.
[Post edited 30 May 2021 16:33]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:56 - May 30 with 1295 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:32 - May 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

33 goals and 11 assists in two seasons under Steve Cooper, in a side notorious for finishing matches with 2, 1 and quite frequently 0 shots on target. That's very impressive and dismissing his contribution is idiotic.

We would not have finished in the play-offs each of the last two seasons without him, and Steve Cooper would be looking for a job in League 1 if not for Ayew's contribution under his tenure.

Sorry ive watched every game this season, and yesterday was the norm. Any team with AA and CH in it will struggle, i mention CH as he has scored a few as well and done nothing else and is another i wont miss.

If we had freed up his wages we could have replaced him with a proven goalscorer like Brentford and he also takes penalties.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:02 - May 30 with 1271 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:56 - May 30 by krunchykarrot

Sorry ive watched every game this season, and yesterday was the norm. Any team with AA and CH in it will struggle, i mention CH as he has scored a few as well and done nothing else and is another i wont miss.

If we had freed up his wages we could have replaced him with a proven goalscorer like Brentford and he also takes penalties.

The window was key.Crucial we brought in a proven striker.We pay rather a lot for a waif that is too frail for professional football.
We bring in Freeman as "cover",for "whom" I wondered.
Then Hourihane,the one that killed us stone dead.
We bring in "cover" for Woody in a keeper who has not played for us at all. Incredible.

The Yanks were not even wanted by Cooper,clearly and he said nothing but bland mealy mouthed drivel to kid us all.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:15 - May 30 with 1263 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:32 - May 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We would have comfortably! How AA has got away with dozens of feeble performances is incredible. As with his contribution to their second goal yesterday. Any decent team player would have laid the ball off to one of of his team mates facing the goal but no, once again we had to watch one of his pathetic dives for a penalty and within a few seconds the match is all but lost. How anybody could possibly dream that a premier team would be interested in him is beyond me. He was not anywhere good enough three years ago - nowadays he's as slow as a carthorse and about as much good.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:24 - May 30 with 1247 viewsjasper_T

Goes down as a very bad transfer at the end of the day. £20m fee and £4m+ a year (minus the year away in Turkey) down the drain. A very costly panic buy after better players had turned us down.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:28 - May 30 with 1235 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:02 - May 30 by onehunglow

The window was key.Crucial we brought in a proven striker.We pay rather a lot for a waif that is too frail for professional football.
We bring in Freeman as "cover",for "whom" I wondered.
Then Hourihane,the one that killed us stone dead.
We bring in "cover" for Woody in a keeper who has not played for us at all. Incredible.

The Yanks were not even wanted by Cooper,clearly and he said nothing but bland mealy mouthed drivel to kid us all.

Yes the window finished us i genuinly thought we were odds on for the second spot. As ive stated previously MGW was coming back to drive us forward, and it was obvious we needed a striker as what we had were young or in VG case poor. Well we all know what happened, we ended up with a couple of Yanks one mind looked promising and CH who makes AA look like Dan James.

I think the coaching team have dragged us into the play offs i dont know how but they did. Martin Margetson had us defending well and Woodman somehow had Golden glove award and even with MM coaching has not improved.

OHL, just a question if we had kept MGW and found a CF and got the second spot or promoted would you think Cooper had done a good job?
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:36 - May 30 with 1219 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:56 - May 30 by krunchykarrot

Yes you're right, yesterday was the norm. The ball was played into the box for him once all match.

Ayew is fine, just as Gomis was fine. Your strikers are not going to score many goals or be involved in any meaningful way if the majority of the time they receive the ball is via a 60 yard punt into the channel whilst the nearest midfielder player is 25 yards behind them.

The system we play renders attackers largely useless in our periods of open play. They're there to force a set piece / long throw after a long ball into the channel and that's about it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 21:46 - May 30 with 1072 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 09:00 - May 30 by Dr_Winston

Satire? Has to be.

I don’t think he has the capability of satire ...or irony. Slagging off the team’s top scorer. A player who has scored 17 goals and 4 assists, many of them match winners, is beyond satire. We only have 1 creative, attacking player who could be labelled top class and that is Andre Ayew,
[Post edited 30 May 2021 21:52]
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 22:01 - May 30 with 1058 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 21:46 - May 30 by jackrabbit

I don’t think he has the capability of satire ...or irony. Slagging off the team’s top scorer. A player who has scored 17 goals and 4 assists, many of them match winners, is beyond satire. We only have 1 creative, attacking player who could be labelled top class and that is Andre Ayew,
[Post edited 30 May 2021 21:52]

I tell you what go on the West Ham Fans Forum and ask them if they would like him back as a free transfer.Filter through the abuse you get and come back to me. The lack of football knowledge on this forum is mind blowing.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 22:07 - May 30 with 1055 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 22:01 - May 30 by nantywatcher

I tell you what go on the West Ham Fans Forum and ask them if they would like him back as a free transfer.Filter through the abuse you get and come back to me. The lack of football knowledge on this forum is mind blowing.

Go on the Sheff Utd forum and ask them what they think of Leon.

You're right about the lack of football knowledge though. Hell, we've got people slagging off the only player we've got capable of scoring something out of nothing on here.

Loonies.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 22:55 - May 30 with 1022 viewsonehunglow

and we have fans slagging off other fans who are seen as wrong by thoe who think they are right.

Look around this site and others and you see internet egos and forum legends giving it large when most haven't seen their appendage from the perpendicular in 25 years or more.

Clueless indeed.

We win a game and we see fans turn on others. It should be the other way round .

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 04:08 - May 31 with 999 viewsangryjack

Ayew is another who looks a worse player than he is under Cooper's guidance...good player but not worth the wages we pay him but one best strikers in league without doubt (championship that is)
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 08:45 - May 31 with 931 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 22:07 - May 30 by Dr_Winston

You're right about the lack of football knowledge though. Hell, we've got people slagging off the only player we've got capable of scoring something out of nothing on here.

Loonies.

We dont have to worry though Doc as we have you to guide us through what is right or wrong.
You just need to check your ego once in a while .

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 09:19 - May 31 with 913 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 22:07 - May 30 by Dr_Winston

Loonies.

Its probably just that some players fit into some teams and other teams they don't. Leon was never gong to be a fit for Sheffield United although he was perfect for us. Ayew was not a fit for West Ham. Brewster was not a fit for Sheffield United. Bony was not a fit for Man City the list is endless of players who have left us and failed.

I will say without Ayew this season we would have struggled, but then again for the money he cost us this season could we have afforded better, probably. Is he still Premier League standard, I'm not so sure.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 09:26 - May 31 with 901 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:28 - May 30 by krunchykarrot

Yes the window finished us i genuinly thought we were odds on for the second spot. As ive stated previously MGW was coming back to drive us forward, and it was obvious we needed a striker as what we had were young or in VG case poor. Well we all know what happened, we ended up with a couple of Yanks one mind looked promising and CH who makes AA look like Dan James.

I think the coaching team have dragged us into the play offs i dont know how but they did. Martin Margetson had us defending well and Woodman somehow had Golden glove award and even with MM coaching has not improved.

OHL, just a question if we had kept MGW and found a CF and got the second spot or promoted would you think Cooper had done a good job?

Hi.
Thanks for a decent reply and response.
To answer your question,although utterly hypothetical, possibly yes BUT we didnt and that i all that counts. A manager in any business stands and falls by results.

Cooper failed to bring in crucial players and he is not alone.Owners and chairman stand indicted similiarly .

Thanks anyway and have a great day

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 10:04 - May 31 with 868 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 09:19 - May 31 by Whiterockin

Its probably just that some players fit into some teams and other teams they don't. Leon was never gong to be a fit for Sheffield United although he was perfect for us. Ayew was not a fit for West Ham. Brewster was not a fit for Sheffield United. Bony was not a fit for Man City the list is endless of players who have left us and failed.

I will say without Ayew this season we would have struggled, but then again for the money he cost us this season could we have afforded better, probably. Is he still Premier League standard, I'm not so sure.

Bony was never good enough for a club of Man City's standards. Brewster not good enough for the PL at this stage in his career.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 10:11 - May 31 with 857 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 10:04 - May 31 by jasper_T

Bony was never good enough for a club of Man City's standards. Brewster not good enough for the PL at this stage in his career.

Exactly my point.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 10:23 - May 31 with 839 viewsCatullus

Loonies.

I agree about Ayews quality but I still have to say, previously I had said I thought he tried to do too much. He held onto the ball too long looking for the best pass or a chance to shoot and it slowed down play, gave defenders a chance to get back.

We all see players differently.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:54 - May 31 with 802 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 10:11 - May 31 by Whiterockin

Exactly my point.

So Leon wasn't good enough for Sheff Utd?
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:00 - May 31 with 791 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:54 - May 31 by jasper_T

So Leon wasn't good enough for Sheff Utd?

Not how they wanted to play him. Square peg in a round hole. They were much more direct often bypassing midfield and when it came back they needed players to pump it back. Not someone to play it quick and short.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:31 - Jun 3 with 595 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:24 - May 29 by A_Fans_Dad

The better the football is to watch, the better the results should be.

Doesnt seem to be the case at Brighton under Potter

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:14 - Jun 3 with 586 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:31 - Jun 3 by vetchonian

Doesnt seem to be the case at Brighton under Potter

Well it does doesn't it? Over 40 points twice in the premier league which will be the target every single season.

Year before staying up on 30 odd because of how bad Cardiff were.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:22 - Jun 3 with 563 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:14 - Jun 3 by 34dfgdf54

Well it does doesn't it? Over 40 points twice in the premier league which will be the target every single season.

Year before staying up on 30 odd because of how bad Cardiff were.

Well he has gained the points but hasnt won any more games than his predecessor

2018/19 W9 D9 L20 GF35 GA 60 GD -25 36PTS finished 17th
2019/20 W9 D14 L15 GF 39 GA54 GD -15 41 pts finished 15th
2020/21 W9 D14 L15 GF40 GA 46 GD-6 41 pts finished 15th

So looks like Potter's football is defensive? Won as many matches as Hughton in the season he was sacked but has tightened up at the back so called attractive football has won them no more games...and not really scored a hatful more of goals either and given the basket cases of Sheffield Utd, West Brom and Fulham this season the standard at the bottom tier of the PL is not improving!!!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 14:24]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024