Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS 20:27 - May 22 with 34848 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford
Kick off 3pm.
Wembley Stadium
EFL Championship Final

Saturday May 29th 2021

Match Officials

Chris Kavanagh is the referee chosen to officiate the EFL Championship final at Wembley.
Kavanagh will be assisted by Sian Massey-Ellis and Dan Cook. David Coote is the fourth official and Neil Davies the reserve assistant referee.

From the streets of NL.
Due to unforeseen circumstances this week the participation in this thread by the usual contributor has been lacking. It’s nothing more than being a lazy bad lad with more excuses than John Hollins.

Here it is.

To the tune of frigging in the rigging !

It was on the good ship Franky
Whose attitude is cranky
He’s got long hair and a mental stare
But he loves a right hand shandy

Their striker is called Toney
But he ain’t no Wilfried Bony
When Guehi gets ahold of him
He will disappear quite quickly

Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
It’s an easy thing to do.

When Brentford came to Swansea
They stopped for some post match bonding
Five grandads and a couple of kids
Booted them all the way to Tonypandy

Ok, let’s give them the BOLLOX !

Their away support is a pity
It’s laughable and shitty
Small time is too big for them
Cos WE ARE Swansea City !

Oh dear 🤪😂

Ticket scandal.
http://www.swanseaindependent.co.uk

As soon as we get verified news it will be here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55126/ryan-is-ready-to-m

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55131/swansea-city-the-i

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55132/wales-very-much-in

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Connor Roberts, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kieron Freeman, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 22:08 - May 29 with 1764 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 22:05 - May 29 by jasper_T

For all his individual accomplishments Andre Ayew's presence in our team has coincided with the most miserable football we've played in many a year. That first spell under Monk when we were limping to relegation. The pathetic return and capitulation under Carvalhal. These last two seasons of Cooperball.

The type of player who shines in poor teams because he "gets a goal out of nothing". Maybe we'll create more than nothing with some less-praised player involved in his place. Guidolin dropped him when he was our only player scoring goals (in games we'd lose) and that worked out alright.

The most miserable football we've played in many a year also coincided with the team being managed by Monk and Cooper. Who do you think has more infuence on that?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 22:10 - May 29 with 1751 viewsBadlands

Looked like Woodman couldn’t cope with pressure nor and Guehi for 20 minutes.
Naughton and Roberts had no connection.
Hourihane was beyond belief bad.
Grimes and Fulton made the effort.
Ayew and Lowe had no impact.
But once again Cooper got team and tactics wrong.
Brentford, for all their scummy behaviour, had been prepared for a final ... we turned up like it was a meaningless mid table end of the season game.
Why, please someone explain, why at 2 nil down a wing back was replaced with a full back? And why did we not use our subs?
No ambition.
This squad should have gained automatic promotion.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 22:26 - May 29 with 1700 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 22:08 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

The most miserable football we've played in many a year also coincided with the team being managed by Monk and Cooper. Who do you think has more infuence on that?

Fenerbache were appalling when he was there as well. And West Ham knew they'd bought a lemon.

I won't miss his contribution.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 22:55 - May 29 with 1619 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 22:10 - May 29 by Badlands

Looked like Woodman couldn’t cope with pressure nor and Guehi for 20 minutes.
Naughton and Roberts had no connection.
Hourihane was beyond belief bad.
Grimes and Fulton made the effort.
Ayew and Lowe had no impact.
But once again Cooper got team and tactics wrong.
Brentford, for all their scummy behaviour, had been prepared for a final ... we turned up like it was a meaningless mid table end of the season game.
Why, please someone explain, why at 2 nil down a wing back was replaced with a full back? And why did we not use our subs?
No ambition.
This squad should have gained automatic promotion.

Reality
We have had a joke keeper,player badly managed and no striker brought in apart from one for the future.Absolute joke.

It really is that simple

We also have a manager who cannot inspire nor improve players.

Steve has failed in successive play offs..

Any other club would have sacked him by now

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 23:33 - May 29 with 1578 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 22:55 - May 29 by onehunglow

Reality
We have had a joke keeper,player badly managed and no striker brought in apart from one for the future.Absolute joke.

It really is that simple

It is also possible that no other manager would have got us to the playoffs twice in two yrs including this yrs final, with the budget he had and the players at is disposal, massive miss was Morgan Gibbs White, so may have been Morris once he got settled.
Whilst I do blame Cooper for some of it, but as the saying goes you can only piss with the cock you got, he obviously rightly or wrongly didn't trust the players he had above maybe the first 12/13 players

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 23:54 - May 29 with 1542 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 22:55 - May 29 by onehunglow

Reality

It really is that simple

Why sack a manager who has reached two play offs with literally nothing when you can get two and a half million of wedge for in the summer ?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 05:48 - May 30 with 1396 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:10 - May 29 by swan85

I agree, I think he has. I think he will go, maybe now roll the dice with someone else - just for the final step. Wonder what the squad will look like in the next 6 weeks.....can’t see much money for transfers coming.....

What’s the betting on Cooper and Grimes to Palace? I’d be amazed if he didn’t go now.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 06:39 - May 30 with 1383 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 05:48 - May 30 by Brynmill_Jack

What’s the betting on Cooper and Grimes to Palace? I’d be amazed if he didn’t go now.

Very, very risky move for Palace.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 06:53 - May 30 with 1368 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 06:39 - May 30 by 34dfgdf54

Very, very risky move for Palace.

They were obviously interested though. For me I’d be very happy at the thought of compo coming for Cooper and a few million in for Grimes. Rebuild time then.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 06:56 - May 30 with 1363 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 06:53 - May 30 by Brynmill_Jack

They were obviously interested though. For me I’d be very happy at the thought of compo coming for Cooper and a few million in for Grimes. Rebuild time then.

I’d like to see Grimes central to a rebuild though personally. I’d worry if he left, and it wouldn’t surprise me either to be honest.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 06:59 - May 30 with 1362 viewsHeadmaster

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 06:53 - May 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Even if there was no interest, I'd take the hit and sack him. The sooner he goes, the more time the new manager will have to rebuild.

I'm concerned about next season. Even more concerned than when we were relegated honestly.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 08:45 - May 30 with 1252 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 20:06 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

With no Ayew this team would be mid-table at best.

Cooper should be on his knees every night giving thanks to the Almighty for inheriting a squad with him in it, otherwise he'd just be another Championship also ran.

What are you doing when we are playing? You cannot have been watching us play. AA has been pants for the majority of the season, as was his contribution yesterday.
Any chance of progress this season went out the window when we could not unload him in January. Nice guy - slow ponderous footballer with a over healthy bank account. Good riddance a year too late.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 09:00 - May 30 with 1230 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 08:45 - May 30 by nantywatcher

What are you doing when we are playing? You cannot have been watching us play. AA has been pants for the majority of the season, as was his contribution yesterday.
Any chance of progress this season went out the window when we could not unload him in January. Nice guy - slow ponderous footballer with a over healthy bank account. Good riddance a year too late.

Satire? Has to be.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 09:23 - May 30 with 1185 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 23:54 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

Why sack a manager who has reached two play offs with literally nothing when you can get two and a half million of wedge for in the summer ?

Why.
Mismanagement of players
Wrong tactics
Stubborness
Playing Hourihane to start
Not at least trying out Hamer
Overseeing that transfer window.

Plenty more I could think of but it's early and I didn't sleep well

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 09:26 - May 30 with 1180 viewstrampie

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 05:48 - May 30 by Brynmill_Jack

The new Glenn Hoddle they called him in his young Exeter days wasn't it ?, he has not turned out anywhere close to that, doesnt score or create enough.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 09:29 - May 30 with 1167 viewstrampie

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 06:56 - May 30 by 34dfgdf54

I’d like to see Grimes central to a rebuild though personally. I’d worry if he left, and it wouldn’t surprise me either to be honest.

I would have thought Roberts would be more attractive to a Prem League team than Grimes, particularly one of the better teams, Grimes might get a move to Prem strugglers with Cooper, there will be a lot of comings and goings from the Swans this summer no doubt.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 10:05 - May 30 with 1124 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 09:26 - May 30 by trampie

The new Glenn Hoddle they called him in his young Exeter days wasn't it ?, he has not turned out anywhere close to that, doesnt score or create enough.

Better defensive mid than Hoddle.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 10:05 - May 30 with 1121 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 06:56 - May 30 by 34dfgdf54

Grimes is a real divider between the fans here - I’m not personally convinced despite his effort and industry . MGW is what we need as a midfielder to build a side around - Grimes falls way short of him.
[Post edited 30 May 2021 10:07]

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 10:12 - May 30 with 1103 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 10:05 - May 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Grimes is a real divider between the fans here - I’m not personally convinced despite his effort and industry . MGW is what we need as a midfielder to build a side around - Grimes falls way short of him.
[Post edited 30 May 2021 10:07]

Grimes is a 100% good pro but lacking.
He slows us down but there again,he was left to do all the creative stuff when covering for those around him.
We need to move on

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:03 - May 30 with 1066 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55136/wednesday-talks-fo

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:06 - May 30 with 1029 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 10:12 - May 30 by onehunglow

Grimes is a 100% good pro but lacking.
He slows us down but there again,he was left to do all the creative stuff when covering for those around him.
We need to move on

Ask yourself why he slows us down..because there's no forward runners into space for him to hit everything we do is pedestrianised,no one willing to run in behind off the ball,everybody wants easy ball to feet and keep going sideways or backwards,under potter when we had wingers,he was outstanding switching play quickly playing balls in behind,playing quick balls McBurney's feet to a striker that could hold and keep the ball,it's Cooper's set up and lack of width and creativity that has made Grimes look a worse player than he really is...the boys a good player being let down by system and manager and style of play which don't suit him...
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:39 - May 30 with 997 viewsjohnlangy

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:06 - May 30 by angryjack

Ask yourself why he slows us down..because there's no forward runners into space for him to hit everything we do is pedestrianised,no one willing to run in behind off the ball,everybody wants easy ball to feet and keep going sideways or backwards,under potter when we had wingers,he was outstanding switching play quickly playing balls in behind,playing quick balls McBurney's feet to a striker that could hold and keep the ball,it's Cooper's set up and lack of width and creativity that has made Grimes look a worse player than he really is...the boys a good player being let down by system and manager and style of play which don't suit him...

Agreed. I rate him as well.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:58 - May 30 with 939 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:06 - May 30 by angryjack

I have and concluded we really cannot be certain.
Grimes is a very good pro but no captain.He is too "nice" .

I do think Cooper is not the great coach the Press think he is.

Anyway,it's a beautiful day and maybe we can all enjoy the summer

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:39 - May 30 with 873 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 08:45 - May 30 by nantywatcher

How have we looked without Ayew to you out of curiosity?
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:10 - May 30 with 832 viewsDJack

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024