Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS 20:27 - May 22 with 34849 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford
Kick off 3pm.
Wembley Stadium
EFL Championship Final

Saturday May 29th 2021

Match Officials

Chris Kavanagh is the referee chosen to officiate the EFL Championship final at Wembley.
Kavanagh will be assisted by Sian Massey-Ellis and Dan Cook. David Coote is the fourth official and Neil Davies the reserve assistant referee.

From the streets of NL.
Due to unforeseen circumstances this week the participation in this thread by the usual contributor has been lacking. It’s nothing more than being a lazy bad lad with more excuses than John Hollins.

Here it is.

To the tune of frigging in the rigging !

It was on the good ship Franky
Whose attitude is cranky
He’s got long hair and a mental stare
But he loves a right hand shandy

Their striker is called Toney
But he ain’t no Wilfried Bony
When Guehi gets ahold of him
He will disappear quite quickly

Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
It’s an easy thing to do.

When Brentford came to Swansea
They stopped for some post match bonding
Five grandads and a couple of kids
Booted them all the way to Tonypandy

Ok, let’s give them the BOLLOX !

Their away support is a pity
It’s laughable and shitty
Small time is too big for them
Cos WE ARE Swansea City !

Oh dear 🤪😂

Ticket scandal.
http://www.swanseaindependent.co.uk

As soon as we get verified news it will be here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55126/ryan-is-ready-to-m

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55131/swansea-city-the-i

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55132/wales-very-much-in

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Connor Roberts, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kieron Freeman, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:42 - May 29 with 1604 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:34 - May 29 by Headmaster

Cooper post-match: "I’ve had a great two years, I’ve really enjoyed it. I look back on those two years with a lot of fondness. It certainly made me a better manager."

Don't know the context, but sounds like he's moving on?

Never been in doubt, for me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:45 - May 29 with 1582 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:42 - May 29 by max936

Never been in doubt, for me.

We will break it gently on Monday 😉

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:46 - May 29 with 1560 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:49 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

Amen.

Indeed.

So, what's the next chapter ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:48 - May 29 with 1566 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:45 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

Monday, I'm expecting it sooner, even tonight. TBH

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:50 - May 29 with 1551 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:48 - May 29 by max936

Monday, I'm expecting it sooner, even tonight. TBH

My phone is waiting. But I understand he will manage the position of current swansea players before he clears his desk.

His professionalism in this field is undeniable.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:52 - May 29 with 1534 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:12 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

Any top ten club looking at Grimes will probably lead to a bid mate.
Sadly.

Hope you don’t mean top 10 in the Prem Keith, he is nowhere near that standard - bottom 4/5 or top 10 in Championship ok but not any higher.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:56 - May 29 with 1507 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:50 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

My phone is waiting. But I understand he will manage the position of current swansea players before he clears his desk.

His professionalism in this field is undeniable.

I don't want Wagner, I'd rather we go down the tried and failed rout aka Brendan, Winter be showing no imagination or forward thinking by employing his mate, biggest issue for me is, how much support will any new manager get from the yankee doddles, very little I suspect.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:57 - May 29 with 1505 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:45 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

On a Bank Holiday whilst it’s sunny, no one will notice!
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:58 - May 29 with 1499 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:56 - May 29 by max936

I don't want Wagner, I'd rather we go down the tried and failed rout aka Brendan, Winter be showing no imagination or forward thinking by employing his mate, biggest issue for me is, how much support will any new manager get from the yankee doddles, very little I suspect.

Have I missed something about Wagner, we are talking like he’s the only show in town?
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:00 - May 29 with 1492 viewsHeadmaster

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:58 - May 29 by Thornburyswan

Have I missed something about Wagner, we are talking like he’s the only show in town?

Exactly, I'm sure there are plenty of progressive, attacking managers out there - if the club is willing to look for them.

How did Brentford get Frank? How did Norwich get Farke? Even Leeds with Bielsa. We just need to think outside the box, like we used to.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 19:01]
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:02 - May 29 with 1478 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:58 - May 29 by Thornburyswan

Reading the previous posts, it sounds a done deal to me, unless [more than probable] I'm putting 2+2 together etc

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:03 - May 29 with 1474 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:56 - May 29 by max936

Joe Rodon’s old man is on twitter saying he will be amazed if we are still in championship this time next year. Seems to think heading one way and one way only. “People don’t realise how skint” is the words he is using.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:15 - May 29 with 1423 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:03 - May 29 by 34dfgdf54

Joe Rodon’s old man is on twitter saying he will be amazed if we are still in championship this time next year. Seems to think heading one way and one way only. “People don’t realise how skint” is the words he is using.

He would know no more than any of us, he's just guessing. Cooper has done remarkably well, it just a testament to how bad his football is, that most still want him gone.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:17 - May 29 with 1414 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:03 - May 29 by 34dfgdf54

People have been saying that since we got relegated. The whole football league is skint, and much of it has way more debt than we have.

It'll come down to a manager making good use of the players in our squad and academy. And Andy Scott picking up a few more cheap and/or free players to bolster the ranks. We've done okay business this year with Bennett, Manning, Whittaker, Smith, Lowe coming in on permanent deals, it'll take a lot to make us a nailed on relegation side over the summer.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:18 - May 29 with 1401 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:17 - May 29 by jasper_T

People have been saying that since we got relegated. The whole football league is skint, and much of it has way more debt than we have.

It'll come down to a manager making good use of the players in our squad and academy. And Andy Scott picking up a few more cheap and/or free players to bolster the ranks. We've done okay business this year with Bennett, Manning, Whittaker, Smith, Lowe coming in on permanent deals, it'll take a lot to make us a nailed on relegation side over the summer.

No.#
We ve dine terrible business ,highlighted by Freeman. Take a step back and ask why?
Really -why .?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:24 - May 29 with 1374 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:02 - May 29 by swan85

I agree the football has been far from pleasing on the eye. I believe though Cooper set us up this year to get the results with the players at his disposal.

So next season, do we want to be good to watch or get results? I know you can have both.....but I don’t think the budget would permit this. I think we are a few players away from being able to play the passing game of previous years.....it will take time, are we happy to wait, or want to get the results. I think a wait is better and building, the squad would have found it difficult to compete in the PL without big spending, which we don’t have the luxury of. But I maintain Cooper has done the best he can with what he has.

So any new manager (or Cooper) needs to be given time and resources if we want to develop the passing game again.

The better the football is to watch, the better the results should be.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:30 - May 29 with 1345 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:34 - May 29 by Headmaster

Cooper post-match: "I’ve had a great two years, I’ve really enjoyed it. I look back on those two years with a lot of fondness. It certainly made me a better manager."

Don't know the context, but sounds like he's moving on?

Him getting better was not obvious to me.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:31 - May 29 with 1338 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:17 - May 29 by jasper_T

Agreed.

I’m still optimistic, with Ayew’s wages off books I thought we would be in good place to hit the reset and get back to what got us success in first place.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:33 - May 29 with 1330 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:10 - May 29 by AndyCole

Now that that ship has sailed, it's time to learn, draw a line and move on (Cooper is clearly EPL-bound, and has been for quite some time).

Have a bash at channelling all that negative energy and insight into a positive outlook for our Club.

We could all then possibly unite in a collective surge of support when our Club needs us most.

A potential prompt, as per Keith's post:

- Wagner steps in............
- signs Billing to partner Grimes in a commanding midfield
- etc

God help the EPL team that gets him as their manager.
The Prem managers will eat him alive.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:49 - May 29 with 1265 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:33 - May 29 by A_Fans_Dad

God help the EPL team that gets him as their manager.
The Prem managers will eat him alive.

He has dragged this squad to the play offs, with no CF and our best player injured then recalled. I think we would be betterAyew off the payroll.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 20:06 - May 29 with 1216 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 19:49 - May 29 by krunchykarrot

He has dragged this squad to the play offs, with no CF and our best player injured then recalled. I think we would be betterAyew off the payroll.

With no Ayew this team would be mid-table at best.

Cooper should be on his knees every night giving thanks to the Almighty for inheriting a squad with him in it, otherwise he'd just be another Championship also ran.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 20:21 - May 29 with 1181 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:58 - May 29 by Groo

Going to be an interesting summer as the rebuild starts.

No more EPL parachute payments, Ayew will leave, possible Cooper will leave.

If Cooper doesn’t leave, he should be kicked over the Severn, the useless cowardly fraudulent xxxxxxxxx

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 21:03 - May 29 with 1080 viewsmax936

Well, that doesn't follow with what we were told by the Swansea Judas, about "Steve and Jase" being able to finance us and keep us on an even keel when they sold us out and we still got clowns supporting Jenkins and his band of vipers and slagging the trust off. Absolute clowns.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 21:57 - May 29 with 991 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 21:03 - May 29 by max936

Well, that doesn't follow with what we were told by the Swansea Judas, about "Steve and Jase" being able to finance us and keep us on an even keel when they sold us out and we still got clowns supporting Jenkins and his band of vipers and slagging the trust off. Absolute clowns.

Do we really want to be a Cardiff or Stoke being financed by owners to the tune of hundreds of millions of ownership debt in order to keep spending like we're still in the PL?
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 22:05 - May 29 with 967 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 20:06 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

With no Ayew this team would be mid-table at best.

Cooper should be on his knees every night giving thanks to the Almighty for inheriting a squad with him in it, otherwise he'd just be another Championship also ran.

For all his individual accomplishments Andre Ayew's presence in our team has coincided with the most miserable football we've played in many a year. That first spell under Monk when we were limping to relegation. The pathetic return and capitulation under Carvalhal. These last two seasons of Cooperball.

The type of player who shines in poor teams because he "gets a goal out of nothing". Maybe we'll create more than nothing with some less-praised player involved in his place. Guidolin dropped him when he was our only player scoring goals (in games we'd lose) and that worked out alright.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024