Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS 20:27 - May 22 with 34716 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford
Kick off 3pm.
Wembley Stadium
EFL Championship Final

Saturday May 29th 2021

Match Officials

Chris Kavanagh is the referee chosen to officiate the EFL Championship final at Wembley.
Kavanagh will be assisted by Sian Massey-Ellis and Dan Cook. David Coote is the fourth official and Neil Davies the reserve assistant referee.

From the streets of NL.
Due to unforeseen circumstances this week the participation in this thread by the usual contributor has been lacking. It’s nothing more than being a lazy bad lad with more excuses than John Hollins.

Here it is.

To the tune of frigging in the rigging !

It was on the good ship Franky
Whose attitude is cranky
He’s got long hair and a mental stare
But he loves a right hand shandy

Their striker is called Toney
But he ain’t no Wilfried Bony
When Guehi gets ahold of him
He will disappear quite quickly

Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
It’s an easy thing to do.

When Brentford came to Swansea
They stopped for some post match bonding
Five grandads and a couple of kids
Booted them all the way to Tonypandy

Ok, let’s give them the BOLLOX !

Their away support is a pity
It’s laughable and shitty
Small time is too big for them
Cos WE ARE Swansea City !

Oh dear 🤪😂

Ticket scandal.
http://www.swanseaindependent.co.uk

As soon as we get verified news it will be here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55126/ryan-is-ready-to-m

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55131/swansea-city-the-i

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55132/wales-very-much-in

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Connor Roberts, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kieron Freeman, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:45 - May 29 with 1247 viewsswan85

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:41 - May 29 by onehunglow

You dont know me ,so dont pretend you do.
You're free to post as you wish free from abusing other posters.

Now try it.

Enjoy the game

support Steve,

Love Woody

Innit

Can tell by your posting the sort of character you are.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:46 - May 29 with 1241 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:29 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

The continuous back passing from attacking positions will undo us today.

We've been doing it for ages and it's cost us before but we never seem to learn. Even when we are not under great pressure we look for the negative option first, it's shocking.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:47 - May 29 with 1205 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:45 - May 29 by swan85

Can tell by your posting the sort of character you are.

Son.
You need some help.I have farkwit fatique.Ive given up on you.

Enjoy the game.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:48 - May 29 with 1185 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:45 - May 29 by jackrabbit

Brentford play joined-up football. Swansea don’t.

Brentford have a component manager.

Our players can't even retain possession from a throw in. There's no initiative to drag opposition players out of position etc. You know, basis actions that any professional football team usually practices. It's just get ball, look up, hoof. Hope we win a set piece / throw and commit 8 players forward and hope we steal a goal.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:49 - May 29 with 1181 views34dfgdf54

Cullen for Roberts
Smith for Hourihane

Pray we manage to get one and hope for them to panic.

By setting up how we have we have nullified all of our threats and it has been an absolute horror show in unfortunately the biggest of stages.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:49 - May 29 with 1171 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:46 - May 29 by Catullus

We've been doing it for ages and it's cost us before but we never seem to learn. Even when we are not under great pressure we look for the negative option first, it's shocking.

And why is that Cat.
Why do we do it
Why do some accept it,like cowards on a keyboard

That Franks will be a prem league manager is sickening itself

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:49 - May 29 with 1162 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:48 - May 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Brentford have a component manager.

Our players can't even retain possession from a throw in. There's no initiative to drag opposition players out of position etc. You know, basis actions that any professional football team usually practices. It's just get ball, look up, hoof. Hope we win a set piece / throw and commit 8 players forward and hope we steal a goal.

Bullsh@t. Brentford have better players.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:51 - May 29 with 1132 viewsswan85

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:49 - May 29 by jackrabbit

Absolutely agree. I don’t blame Cooper at all. He has done a good job to get us to the playoffs 2 years running on a shoestring.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:51 - May 29 with 1111 viewsswan85

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:47 - May 29 by onehunglow

Son.
You need some help.I have farkwit fatique.Ive given up on you.

Enjoy the game.

Very good.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:51 - May 29 with 1110 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:49 - May 29 by jackrabbit

They’re definitely playing with a functioning midfield. I wonder when Hourihane will get hooked off.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:52 - May 29 with 1090 viewsTenbySwan

Sadly both goals our own fault.

Need the next goal quickly.

Get Hourihane off
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:53 - May 29 with 1071 viewsjasper_T

We're rubbish and have deserved more hammerings like this than we've had this season. Luck had to run out eventually.

But you never know...
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:53 - May 29 with 1061 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:49 - May 29 by 34dfgdf54

Cullen for Roberts
Smith for Hourihane

By setting up how we have we have nullified all of our threats and it has been an absolute horror show in unfortunately the biggest of stages.

Carrying Hourihane again pathetic, he can't get rid of the ball quick enough, complete shithouse, had the ball in an attacking position and instead of moving with it quickly he stopped and slowed down the ball, eager to get rid of it, useless he's not interested.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 15:54]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:54 - May 29 with 1038 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:51 - May 29 by swan85

Absolutely agree. I don’t blame Cooper at all. He has done a good job to get us to the playoffs 2 years running on a shoestring.

And so the Press keep saying as they do Conor Hourihane has been an outstanding success for us since his loan .
Be yourself and be true to yourself ,son.
Never judge anyone except when looking into their eyes. My last tip you you for a happy life .I might be wrong as I have no idea of your character

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:54 - May 29 with 1038 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

In some positions, sure. Not all.

The difference between the sides is how they have been coached. That's it.

One side is coached to be comfortable on the ball, work hard to support team mates with a short pass when under pressure and exploit specific opposition weaknesses.

The other is coached to keep it very simple and prioritise getting the ball away from our goal at all costs, usually through long kicks upfield.

Watch how their players move when they're taking a throw in and then watch ours.

Whichever Swansea player receives the ball will have no options upon receiving it, will have to back in to a defender and either hoof it down the line or lose the ball.

Where as they have multiple players moving around offering a short pass immediately and they retain possession and build an attack.

We used to do it. Most of these players did it under Potter. It's not hard. It just requires coaching. We clearly work on other things in training.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:55 - May 29 with 1039 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:51 - May 29 by Brynmill_Jack

They’re definitely playing with a functioning midfield. I wonder when Hourihane will get hooked off.

Why would you hook a passing midfielder, when one of your other attacking midfielders is on a yellow card?
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:56 - May 29 with 1026 viewsThornburyswan

Disappointing half wrong team/formation & early error gave Brentford full confidence - game has probably gone but might as well risk losing 4/5 & give it a go, so for me Whittaker & Cullen on for Hourihane & Nauts and go 4-2-4.

At the very least we need 1 substitution at HT.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:56 - May 29 with 1009 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:42 - May 29 by Groo

Amazing how better this forum gets by putting them both on ignore.

This in absolute spades.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:57 - May 29 with 1002 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:51 - May 29 by swan85

Yup.

Brentford's team is full of players they've signed for 4,5,6 million. Ours is full of freebies, academy products, loanees, and relics from the premier league era that weren't good enough to move on when we got relegated.

Could we play better football? Possibly- but I'm not sure it would make any difference to the outcome today.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:57 - May 29 with 993 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:55 - May 29 by jackrabbit

Why would you hook a passing midfielder, when one of your other attacking midfielders is on a yellow card?

Dear me, just do not know what to say to that. Unbelievable how anyone can watch that half and post what you just have.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:58 - May 29 with 985 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:25 - May 29 by onehunglow

It is actually doom and gloomy as too many have been taken in by cooper and his pitiful non management and coaching.
Quite why have people been taken along

Can't keep blaming Cooper, players have to stand up and be counted, game management on the field is the players responsibility imo

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:58 - May 29 with 975 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:56 - May 29 by Thornburyswan

Disappointing half wrong team/formation & early error gave Brentford full confidence - game has probably gone but might as well risk losing 4/5 & give it a go, so for me Whittaker & Cullen on for Hourihane & Nauts and go 4-2-4.

At the very least we need 1 substitution at HT.

Naughton should not even be at the club. Another howler today. Utterly inadequate but strangely loved by our fans.
As for Hourihane,it's all been said. imply an insult to our shirt .

That he starts makes me sick to my stomach

Imagine Steve s half time talk .

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:58 - May 29 with 972 viewsswan85

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:54 - May 29 by onehunglow

And so the Press keep saying as they do Conor Hourihane has been an outstanding success for us since his loan .
Be yourself and be true to yourself ,son.
Never judge anyone except when looking into their eyes. My last tip you you for a happy life .I might be wrong as I have no idea of your character

Serious question. Whilst we are disappointed today - you don’t think Cooper has done a good job with the resources (and transfer money out) available to him?
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:59 - May 29 with 957 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 15:49 - May 29 by 34dfgdf54

Cullen for Roberts
Smith for Hourihane

Agreed, I'd go Naughton for Whittaker, Cullen for Lowe and Smith for Hourihane, go for it.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 16:00 - May 29 with 941 viewsnantywatcher

Hopefully the very last games Woodman and Hourihane put on a Swansea shirt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024