Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS 20:27 - May 22 with 34380 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford
Kick off 3pm.
Wembley Stadium
EFL Championship Final

Saturday May 29th 2021

Match Officials

Chris Kavanagh is the referee chosen to officiate the EFL Championship final at Wembley.
Kavanagh will be assisted by Sian Massey-Ellis and Dan Cook. David Coote is the fourth official and Neil Davies the reserve assistant referee.

From the streets of NL.
Due to unforeseen circumstances this week the participation in this thread by the usual contributor has been lacking. It’s nothing more than being a lazy bad lad with more excuses than John Hollins.

Here it is.

To the tune of frigging in the rigging !

It was on the good ship Franky
Whose attitude is cranky
He’s got long hair and a mental stare
But he loves a right hand shandy

Their striker is called Toney
But he ain’t no Wilfried Bony
When Guehi gets ahold of him
He will disappear quite quickly

Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
It’s an easy thing to do.

When Brentford came to Swansea
They stopped for some post match bonding
Five grandads and a couple of kids
Booted them all the way to Tonypandy

Ok, let’s give them the BOLLOX !

Their away support is a pity
It’s laughable and shitty
Small time is too big for them
Cos WE ARE Swansea City !

Oh dear 🤪😂

Ticket scandal.
http://www.swanseaindependent.co.uk

As soon as we get verified news it will be here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55126/ryan-is-ready-to-m

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55131/swansea-city-the-i

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55132/wales-very-much-in

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Connor Roberts, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kieron Freeman, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 19:11 - May 25 with 2696 viewsOldjack

It has just been announced they might not be allowed to travel this sat ,awaiting conformation

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 19:34 - May 25 with 2659 viewsmonmouth

Guidance, absolutely no restriction

“We will be updating the guidance for areas where the new Covid-19 variant is spreading to make it clearer we are not imposing local restrictions. Instead, we are providing advice on the additional precautions people can take to protect themselves and others in those areas where the new variant is prevalent.

This includes, wherever possible, trying to meet outdoors rather than indoors, keeping 2 metres apart from anyone you don’t live with and minimising travel in and out of the area. These are not new regulations but they are some of the ways everyone can help bring the variant under control in their local area.”

There’ll be no ‘not allowed’ about it. If they choose not to travel. Good. Stuff them. No impact on us.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 21:02 - May 25 with 2595 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 17:54 - May 25 by KeithHaynes

Noorgardis looking iffy.
Not a lot of news about. Managers keeping quiet.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Frank ruled out Dasilva a few months ago for the season and he's been out a while so I think he's out. Ruined us at our place.

Rico Henry would be a huge miss for them but he was in the squad for the first leg against Bournemouth, I reckon he'll be put in. Hopefully though he won't be fully fit.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 23:19 - May 25 with 2481 viewsAndyCole

Cooper won't be as fickle as some of our supporters worried about their line-up. A mugs game for the unintelligent.

Cooper has the measure of Franks and will take the game to him, no doubt. Just as he has done in every game the last two years. Courage in his clever convictions. A winner's formula.

Our entire wider team is rightfully bullish. Frank is on the back foot. Let's hope some of our fickle fans find the wherewithal to actively support, for once.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 00:17 - May 26 with 2468 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 23:19 - May 25 by AndyCole

Cooper won't be as fickle as some of our supporters worried about their line-up. A mugs game for the unintelligent.

Cooper has the measure of Franks and will take the game to him, no doubt. Just as he has done in every game the last two years. Courage in his clever convictions. A winner's formula.

Our entire wider team is rightfully bullish. Frank is on the back foot. Let's hope some of our fickle fans find the wherewithal to actively support, for once.

What unicorn ganja are you on?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 08:23 - May 26 with 2378 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 00:17 - May 26 by Badlands

AC is my favourite poster,by a mile (kilometre) -no offence .
A joy to my world
One to brightened up any gloom.
Whether is is right or wrong doesn't matter

AC better than DC too

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 13:12 - May 26 with 2317 viewsHeadmaster

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 00:17 - May 26 by Badlands

He's got to be a troll, some of his posts about Cooper read like a wet dream
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 14:18 - May 26 with 2250 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 13:12 - May 26 by Headmaster

He's got to be a troll, some of his posts about Cooper read like a wet dream

Grimes and Hourihane partnership part was the best
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 14:27 - May 26 with 2206 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 14:18 - May 26 by 34dfgdf54

Grimes and Hourihane partnership part was the best

I didnt see that a symbiotic ,more a case of Grimes covering for an appalling lazy,craven excuse for a player. Matt should have chinned him in the dressing room.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 12:50 - May 27 with 1879 viewsBadlands

From the content of fan posts it looks like we aren’t getting excited about this final!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 14:02 - May 27 with 1867 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 12:50 - May 27 by Badlands

From the content of fan posts it looks like we aren’t getting excited about this final!

And when we win it will be time for ‘we won’t stay up with this team ‘

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 14:36 - May 27 with 1802 viewsonehunglow

If we go up,frankly ,I don’t care what is posted on here,who has been proven to be wrong or right .

Steve is already hooked up to AC though so no chance of any man love

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 18:19 - May 27 with 1722 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 14:36 - May 27 by onehunglow

If we go up,frankly ,I don’t care what is posted on here,who has been proven to be wrong or right .

Steve is already hooked up to AC though so no chance of any man love

You’re only saying that because you are never right.😂
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 18:32 - May 27 with 1677 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 18:19 - May 27 by lifelong

You’re only saying that because you are never right.😂

You going Rog?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 18:54 - May 27 with 1699 viewsOptimisticJack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 18:32 - May 27 by onehunglow

You going Rog?

Most of the pundits think Brentford will win as do many of our fans.

Football has a great habit though of proving people wrong.

If Guehi can man mark Toney out of the game I believe man for man we are as good if not better than Brentford.

I BELIEVE we will edge it.

But I don't think it will do my blood pressure any good.

I've been lucky enough to have a ticket and will be going up to Wembley with my grand-son, despite it being our Diamond Wedding Anniversary !!.

But as has been said by someone before -

" I loved the Swans long before I loved the wife"
[Post edited 27 May 2021 19:25]

Optimisticjack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 19:05 - May 27 with 1692 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 18:54 - May 27 by OptimisticJack

If Guehi can man mark Toney out of the game I believe man for man we are as good if not better than Brentford.

I've been lucky enough to have a ticket and will be going up to Wembley with my grand-son, despite it being our Diamond Wedding Anniversary !!.

Enjoy the day G, quite a few people we knew no longer with us, sad to hear about TT.
[Post edited 27 May 2021 19:08]
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 19:24 - May 27 with 1670 viewsOptimisticJack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 19:05 - May 27 by lifelong

Enjoy the day G, quite a few people we knew no longer with us, sad to hear about TT.
[Post edited 27 May 2021 19:08]

Yes , T was a really close friend and he is so missed.
He had a lovely phone call from Steve Cooper a few months before he died. T spoke about how important the club is to us fans and the 2 of them had a very warm conversation.
Steve Cooper showed real empathy and asked if he could use some of the conversation in the team talk to the players later that evening.
It must have worked because we won.
Shortly afterwards he received a similar phone call from Alan Curtis.
Its been such a difficult time for so many and a number of our colleagues have gone recently.
The club and particularly Steve Cooper have been in tune with the fans in a number of ways to their credit.
I'm really proud of our club in the way they have conducted things as of late.
See you down the Liberty soon Rog.
[Post edited 27 May 2021 19:29]

Optimisticjack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 20:25 - May 27 with 1596 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 18:54 - May 27 by OptimisticJack

It could well happen.#
A one off.Let's do it

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 20:28 - May 27 with 1593 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 19:24 - May 27 by OptimisticJack

He had a lovely phone call from Steve Cooper a few months before he died. T spoke about how important the club is to us fans and the 2 of them had a very warm conversation.
Steve Cooper showed real empathy and asked if he could use some of the conversation in the team talk to the players later that evening.
Its been such a difficult time for so many and a number of our colleagues have gone recently.
The club and particularly Steve Cooper have been in tune with the fans in a number of ways to their credit.

Roger.
Do you only pop on to here to try to wind me up or insult?
I asked you a simple question and as before you do not answer.
If you do not want to engage with me as I am "vile" then simply stick me on ignore but do not come on here ,have a dig and expect me to take it laying down.
It aint going to happen.

On second thoughts,Champ,I ';ll save you the trouble so it's a bye bye from me.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 21:18 - May 27 with 1546 viewstrampie

That sounds like a flounce ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 22:40 - May 27 with 1476 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 19:24 - May 27 by OptimisticJack

This has to be the post of the year.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 22:50 - May 27 with 1462 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 14:02 - May 27 by KeithHaynes

It's truly bonkers isn't it.

Most bonkers is how winning and succeeding seems to be such the double-edged sword for you and your cause with this forum. It makes no sense.

- We do well - the hits on here plummet. It's like a ghost town.
- We do not so well - the hits on here sky rocket, the trolls re-emerge winding up the sheeple to a frenzy.

Opposing teams gain fortitude from witnessing how meek the majority of Swans forumites have become.

No doubt the lurkers will have their pencils sharpened and poised should the unthinkable occur.........

As someone so famously says: 'F*ck 'em'.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 23:22 - May 27 with 1470 viewsKeithHaynes

Clearly not everyone has read NL’s Friiging in the rigging ( reprised ) on the OP.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 00:22 - May 28 with 1441 viewsDJack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 14:02 - May 27 by KeithHaynes

And that is different from the past in what way?

You've seen a lot of our history but can you honestly say that we (as fans) are more negative now?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 08:33 - May 28 with 1372 viewsOptimisticJack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 00:22 - May 28 by DJack

And that is different from the past in what way?

You've seen a lot of our history but can you honestly say that we (as fans) are more negative now?

I have followed the Swans since 1964.
I remember some of our fans on the North bank complaining bitterly when we drew a match at the Vetch when top of the first division back in 1981. A few even said it would be the last time they would go down the Vetch! - it was laughable considering we were at the top of Division 1.
We like every other clubs fans are entitled to complain when performances are not up to scratch.
I do however feel these days that our fans are proving more difficult to please.
For the past 20 years we have been spoilt by unprecedented success and superb entertaining football which has gained worldwide acclaim.
We now have a generation of youngsters relatively spoilt by success.
Today we are very much at a crossroads.
We find ourselves in a play off final largely due to a tight organised defence for much of the season. This has put us tantalisingly close to the hope of another hugely financial boost by returning to the Premier League. The closer we got to this objective through the season the more focused I believe we have become on winning points over performance and I can understand that way of thinking.
What would Swansea City honestly prefer - a free flowing style like we had under Potter and finish 10th or our current style and gain promotion to the Premier League?
Football these days is about instant gratification.
[Post edited 28 May 2021 9:17]

Optimisticjack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024