Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS 20:27 - May 22 with 34381 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford
Kick off 3pm.
Wembley Stadium
EFL Championship Final

Saturday May 29th 2021

Match Officials

Chris Kavanagh is the referee chosen to officiate the EFL Championship final at Wembley.
Kavanagh will be assisted by Sian Massey-Ellis and Dan Cook. David Coote is the fourth official and Neil Davies the reserve assistant referee.

From the streets of NL.
Due to unforeseen circumstances this week the participation in this thread by the usual contributor has been lacking. It’s nothing more than being a lazy bad lad with more excuses than John Hollins.

Here it is.

To the tune of frigging in the rigging !

It was on the good ship Franky
Whose attitude is cranky
He’s got long hair and a mental stare
But he loves a right hand shandy

Their striker is called Toney
But he ain’t no Wilfried Bony
When Guehi gets ahold of him
He will disappear quite quickly

Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
Winning in the play offs
It’s an easy thing to do.

When Brentford came to Swansea
They stopped for some post match bonding
Five grandads and a couple of kids
Booted them all the way to Tonypandy

Ok, let’s give them the BOLLOX !

Their away support is a pity
It’s laughable and shitty
Small time is too big for them
Cos WE ARE Swansea City !

Oh dear 🤪😂

Ticket scandal.
http://www.swanseaindependent.co.uk

As soon as we get verified news it will be here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55126/ryan-is-ready-to-m

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55131/swansea-city-the-i

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55132/wales-very-much-in

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Connor Roberts, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kieron Freeman, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 09:18 - May 28 with 2114 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 00:22 - May 28 by DJack

And that is different from the past in what way?

You've seen a lot of our history but can you honestly say that we (as fans) are more negative now?

Absolutely mate, 100%.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 11:02 - May 28 with 2006 viewsonehunglow

People have changed .It is as simple a that.
I recall the teams of the 60s 70s having caustic abuse,players vilified. The 80s collapse saw massive "negativity",a did the Culli /Petty fiasco and negativity was fully justified. Does this mean we have to accept malevolent and unprofessional management.Being unsatisfied is not negativity at all.

What we have now are fans clearly seeing themselves as in someway better than others because they dont complain,question,whinge or slag off anyone or anything .Once,we were the same and nobody thought they were better than anyone else but not now.
We see massive peN1s waving masquerading as uberfanship. It is nauseating and embarrassing.

When we see a good win,many of our beaut first thoughts are;

what about Freddie now then
what about Cooper now then
You were wrong about ....
You're a ---------,fill in the blanks.
Then a few pejoratives about political views get chucked into the mixer.

This is regular stuff for many and so many necks need to be wound in

I doubt many other clubs have this as we do.

So forgive me when I say we need to quit this negative obession

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 11:06 - May 28 with 2018 viewsKeithHaynes

The petty, Lewis, Protests I saw as positive, ok the board changed history to an extent in their film and recognition but overall this was a very positive move to hound them out of town, and the others before them of course.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 11:08 - May 28 with 2010 views34dfgdf54

Ivan Toney - "Once we get promoted, I think it will all sink in. I can look back at the season we've had and think that was a season where I did my job and it was a good one to look back on."

I’ve never known a cockier bunch of management and players.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 11:51 - May 28 with 1975 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 11:08 - May 28 by 34dfgdf54

Ivan Toney - "Once we get promoted, I think it will all sink in. I can look back at the season we've had and think that was a season where I did my job and it was a good one to look back on."

I’ve never known a cockier bunch of management and players.

That should be pinned on the dressing room wall.

1 nil the Jacks.

96th minute Ayew scores from the spot after he is awarded a very dubious penalty decision.

A distraught tearful Franks is consoled by Tatey on the touchline.

Lets beat these cocky feckers.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 12:02 - May 28 with 1965 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 11:51 - May 28 by pencoedjack

That should be pinned on the dressing room wall.

1 nil the Jacks.

96th minute Ayew scores from the spot after he is awarded a very dubious penalty decision.

A distraught tearful Franks is consoled by Tatey on the touchline.

Lets beat these cocky feckers.

It’s just been sent to Michael Eames so hopefully be will relay message on to Cooper.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 12:33 - May 28 with 1934 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 11:06 - May 28 by KeithHaynes

The petty, Lewis, Protests I saw as positive, ok the board changed history to an extent in their film and recognition but overall this was a very positive move to hound them out of town, and the others before them of course.

Negative Positive.Simply Electric.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 16:03 - May 28 with 1828 viewsjack_lord

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 12:33 - May 28 by onehunglow

Negative Positive.Simply Electric.

I'm looking at our team with confidence. We mus't get cocky and must stick to a very professional performance. We have a brilliant defence and a front line with the best player in the league and one who has been brilliant when he hasn't been burned in to the ground. We also have splendid midfielders who are capable of scoring sublime goals.

We have matched them this season.

We outplayed them up there and they outplayed us here.

They are good but no Man City.

We are good but no Man City and we aren't cocky mother funkers.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 17:43 - May 28 with 1744 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 16:03 - May 28 by jack_lord

I'm looking at our team with confidence. We mus't get cocky and must stick to a very professional performance. We have a brilliant defence and a front line with the best player in the league and one who has been brilliant when he hasn't been burned in to the ground. We also have splendid midfielders who are capable of scoring sublime goals.

We have matched them this season.

We outplayed them up there and they outplayed us here.

They are good but no Man City.

We are good but no Man City and we aren't cocky mother funkers.

Sad but true. Wales as a whole has an inferiority complex. This is perfect example.
Why are we not cocky .
Why do we have to be placid and benign in these matters.

We hate it when people shout the odds .

I hope we front up and smash these premier league pretenders .

Cocky be

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 17:51 - May 28 with 1750 viewsbuilthjack

Builthjack will now be at Wembley tomorrow. Thanks for the ticket Sir. Let’s do it.
[Post edited 28 May 2021 21:39]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 19:45 - May 28 with 1654 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 17:51 - May 28 by builthjack

Builthjack will now be at Wembley tomorrow. Thanks for the ticket Sir. Let’s do it.

Mind how ya go there Ken

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 20:51 - May 28 with 1612 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 11:06 - May 28 by KeithHaynes

We all now know what that film was about now, pity we were all taken in by it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 20:53 - May 28 with 1607 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 09:18 - May 28 by KeithHaynes

Absolutely mate, 100%.

Its the age we live in and the way this country has/is going.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 23:31 - May 28 with 1462 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 17:51 - May 28 by builthjack

Enjoy every second mate.

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 00:23 - May 29 with 1428 viewsDJack

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread UPDATED WEDS PM on 09:18 - May 28 by KeithHaynes

Absolutely mate, 100%.

Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised you feel that way even though I'm aware that our expectations have risen since our stint in the PL.

I've been moaning about us since the end of the season... a reverse psychology attempt.

So the only way is up for me...unless those faffing Bees win

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY THREAD ! on 00:37 - May 29 with 1426 viewsBrynmill_Jack

WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY THREAD ! on 10:51 - May 24 by controversial_jack

We don't know if it was a success. Have cases risen because of it?

Oh I see, it was a test event designed to see if COVID could infect 21000 people ? No it wasn’t, it was a phased reintroduction of spectators to live sports events. You utter chimpanzee.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 09:07 - May 29 with 1312 views34dfgdf54

I’ve got goosebumps from that video and I’m not even from Swansea, I just fell in love with the place at an early age.

Bring it home today boys.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread on 10:17 - May 29 with 1253 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55131/swansea-city-the-i

WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY THREAD ! on 11:10 - May 29 with 1187 viewsonehunglow

WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY THREAD ! on 00:37 - May 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Oh I see, it was a test event designed to see if COVID could infect 21000 people ? No it wasn’t, it was a phased reintroduction of spectators to live sports events. You utter chimpanzee.

I really hope Contro isn’t of colour because that is staggering filth. FFS ,Steve. If you can’t post tidy ,don t do it at all,at least not on this site

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread MATCHDAY on 13:08 - May 29 with 1072 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55132/wales-very-much-in

WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY THREAD ! on 13:47 - May 29 with 1021 viewsCatullus

WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY THREAD ! on 00:37 - May 29 by Brynmill_Jack

UMMmm, no, it really was a test event,

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/carabao-cup-fa-cup-final-2021-attendance-wem

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY THREAD ! on 13:55 - May 29 with 1003 viewsmax936

WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY THREAD ! on 13:47 - May 29 by Catullus

UMMmm, no, it really was a test event,

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/carabao-cup-fa-cup-final-2021-attendance-wem

think brynnie had, had a few shandies when he posted that, another example that shows the folly of posting after a swigg
I learnt that after many indiscretions by myself in a past life [lo]
[Post edited 29 May 2021 13:56]

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread MATCHDAY on 14:01 - May 29 with 988 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Connor Roberts, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kieron Freeman, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread MATCHDAY on 14:01 - May 29 with 987 viewsThornburyswan

Roberts for Routs, interesting to see if that’s like for like for switch back to 3-5-2.
Swansea City v Brentford : The NL Wembley Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:07 - May 29 with 959 views34dfgdf54

I don’t think so, I think he’s on right of the three which is a massive call.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024