Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread 21:38 - Aug 18 with 31640 viewsKeithHaynes

Memories, the truth (often lost on them down the road) games, unique moments, anything really.

Plus we update and look ahead to the game.

This is the derby day thread !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62821/swansea-city-total

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:01 - Aug 25 with 2402 viewsswan65split

Fair result TBH, we offered little in that 1st half, didn't go looking for the killer.

did our usual mess up 2nd half.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:01 - Aug 25 with 2403 viewsAnotherJohn

Disappointing result against a poor Cardiff side. We started well but again lacked creativity. Even our goal came from a ricochet, while theirs was a better move. Towards the end I thought they wanted it more than we did.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:02 - Aug 25 with 2371 viewsonehunglow

That was unacceptable ,surely
We lost that because of our coach
We are set into slow sideways
It’s why folk are staying away
Cardiff are shite but hung in until we gifted as we do.
This is about coaching

Btw, Jow Allen really …..why another cintract. He is done .
Like Naughton.
Experience is one thing but it’s about energy and speed now.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:04 - Aug 25 with 2361 viewstheloneranger

Abdulai waste of a sub. Anonymous!!

Luke got most of his subs wrong today.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:05 - Aug 25 with 2335 viewsunion_jack

Let’s be under no illusion that Abdulai is up to this level. He’s not, not yet anyway.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:07 - Aug 25 with 2289 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:04 - Aug 25 by theloneranger

Abdulai waste of a sub. Anonymous!!

Luke got most of his subs wrong today.

Just what IS he doing at our club
He’s a walking yellow card as it is

Think the squad ,quality wise,is ok. It’s Williams that is the problem
I know I’m in the minority but so what

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:12 - Aug 25 with 2224 viewspete

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:01 - Aug 25 by AnotherJohn

Disappointing result against a poor Cardiff side. We started well but again lacked creativity. Even our goal came from a ricochet, while theirs was a better move. Towards the end I thought they wanted it more than we did.

well todays game showed we need an attacking midfielder but far too many not at the races today
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:16 - Aug 25 with 2145 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:07 - Aug 25 by onehunglow

Just what IS he doing at our club
He’s a walking yellow card as it is

Think the squad ,quality wise,is ok. It’s Williams that is the problem
I know I’m in the minority but so what

He can only work with what he’s got. He gambled on cool heads and experience to see the last 15 out but it didn’t work. I’m more concerned as to the space they had in Tymon’s side. One led to a goal and Colwill had a couple of triumphs there.

I can see Bianchini stepping up quite soon.

Hopefully another outfield player fire the window shuts.

Cardiff have a very good bench.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:20 - Aug 25 with 2080 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 16:59 - Aug 25 by union_jack

Architects of our own downfall but I must say Cardiff weren’t that bad. They won’t be relegated in that showing or anything like it.

I’d have taken a draw at 3-00 and I am happy with one now.

Disagree.
We made them look good .
We were dire ,really.
Right from the off ,we were defensive
Our goal was flukey but should have seen us crush them
No way .
As for Grimes MOTM,it shows how stats mislead

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:23 - Aug 25 with 2038 viewstheloneranger

Keith Stroud made sure Bulut had a red card.😂

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:25 - Aug 25 with 1992 viewsRichardO

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:16 - Aug 25 by union_jack

He can only work with what he’s got. He gambled on cool heads and experience to see the last 15 out but it didn’t work. I’m more concerned as to the space they had in Tymon’s side. One led to a goal and Colwill had a couple of triumphs there.

Really don't think it should be a big problem with Tymon but he just has to be aware then when the opposition are in possession of the ball he has to be tighter to the winger.
They changed it in the second half getting better possession but it was deep in their half.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:29 - Aug 25 with 1928 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:16 - Aug 25 by union_jack

True.
And what he has are two centrechalves that are reasonable
They don’t need their captain operating as an additional one intercepting all passes only to knock it straight back.
It is awful and stupid
He has some pace and brings on Naughton and Allen
It’s about attitude however and after our goal sinplybtrued to shut up shop.
That’s why Allen and Naughton came on

It’s very concerning as Williams hasn’t really learned or is just stubborn

A half decent pragmatic coach would have seen us set up differently and win

I’m beginning to feel sorry for Franco and VIP already

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:29 - Aug 25 with 1923 viewsdantheswansman

Best thing about that game was Harry Darling kicking the shit out of every single one of their players, that alone has taken away the pain of a draw....that and Tanner almost getting his foot crushed by his own fans
I will take that every time
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:32 - Aug 25 with 1886 viewsmax936

They did have to good a bench for us today 100%

Tymon was poor today, looked like he was running in treacle on times, seems to have lost a yard from last season, he started slowly last season though so there is hope!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:35 - Aug 25 with 1837 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:29 - Aug 25 by dantheswansman

Best thing about that game was Harry Darling kicking the shit out of every single one of their players, that alone has taken away the pain of a draw....that and Tanner almost getting his foot crushed by his own fans
I will take that every time

He is rather tw@tty though isn’t he.

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:41 - Aug 25 with 1763 viewscockett_jack

Poor game from two poor teams. We should have put that beyond doubt in the first half. Ronald and Eom had shockers. Franco put a shift in but was a bit all over the place.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:45 - Aug 25 with 1717 viewstheloneranger

Cabango ran away from their goal scorer - leaving a massive gap between them.

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:45 - Aug 25 with 1712 viewsDr_Winston

Definitely two points dropped instead of a point gained as evidenced by Cardiff fans partying like it was 1927.

They worked hard and pressed us well but there was no real quality there, and our inability to take advantage of the high defensive line they used and exceedingly dodgy keeper cost us. Grimes was back in "why take three touches when ten will do" mode and killed a lot of our momentum. Cooper was anonymous and neither Eom or Ronald had good games.

Williams too has questions to answer. Unless Franco was injured that was one of the most gobsmackingly stupid subs I've ever seen. He was head and shoulders our best player. Bianchini too would surely have been a better option out wide than Abdulai?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:56 - Aug 25 with 1604 viewslifelong

We became very sloppy in the last 15 minutes of the first half giving the ball away in defence. It gave Cardiff some momentum for the second half.
We created few chances in the final third which led us to attempting a few pointless 40 yard shots at goal.
I thought Cardiff were good value for their point in the second half.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:56 - Aug 25 with 1607 viewstheloneranger

Nothing wrong in fetching Joe on. It was the additions of Fulton and Abdulai to go with Grimes was the problem.

Plus, Naughton should have replaced Tymon - who was blowing out of his arse after 65 mins.

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:05 - Aug 25 with 1524 viewsWhiterockin

My take was our wide players had a shocking day. Cardiff were much better the second half and Williams made dreadful substitutions. I know our squad is weak but the changes really were poor. I'm not convinced about Vipotnik and can see why he doesn't start, hopefully he will adapt to our style of play quickly. It could have gone either way in the end and the more it went on I'm probably happy with the draw. Hopefully by this time next week we will have a stronger squad and Williams utilises it better.
[Post edited 25 Aug 18:07]
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:07 - Aug 25 with 1495 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:56 - Aug 25 by theloneranger

Nothing wrong in fetching Joe on. It was the additions of Fulton and Abdulai to go with Grimes was the problem.

Plus, Naughton should have replaced Tymon - who was blowing out of his arse after 65 mins.

There was everything wrong with it
Joe,bless him,should not have been given another contract ,which should have been the case with Fulton and Naughton, We have to move on l

Why would they want it more? Listening to Williams before hand that would have been impossible.
It wasn’t
It shows Williams is full of xxxt,like many others .
It’s a job for him,no more no less. He is not Jesus

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:07 - Aug 25 with 1494 viewsTreforys_Jack

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:56 - Aug 25 by theloneranger

This with bells on, poor from LW today.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:09 - Aug 25 with 1467 viewsDr_Winston

Joe played well when he came on. Perchy's just got a bee in his bonnet about him. Franco should have stayed on though, unless injured.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:15 - Aug 25 with 1406 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:07 - Aug 25 by Treforys_Jack

This with bells on, poor from LW today.

Listening to him before hand,one would have though we’d be full of blood and guts and guile
We were not
If he was happy with that ,then we are in trouble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024