Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread 21:38 - Aug 18 with 31375 viewsKeithHaynes

Memories, the truth (often lost on them down the road) games, unique moments, anything really.

Plus we update and look ahead to the game.

This is the derby day thread !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62821/swansea-city-total

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 16:24 - Aug 20 with 2636 viewsThrasher6

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 20:39 - Aug 19 by GVJack

I think we'll see some consistency and see the same team start against Cardiff that took to the field against PNE. Would prefer to see Vipotnik start but think he'll go with Cullen starting as a local boy who knows what a derby means.

I'm also predicting a pretty fiery affair with at least 1 red card but another solid 3-0 win for the Swans!!
[Post edited 19 Aug 20:43]

Last Red in a derby match was in 2020 at Legoland...Ralls

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 16:36 - Aug 20 with 2609 viewsraynor94

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 16:24 - Aug 20 by Thrasher6

Last Red in a derby match was in 2020 at Legoland...Ralls

Didn't Callum Robinson get sent off after that?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 16:45 - Aug 20 with 2574 viewsFlashberryjack

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 14:12 - Aug 20 by Mad_Mike

Keith Stroud 4th Official. 😡

Oh f*ck !!! anything can happen when he's in charge.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 16:47 - Aug 20 with 2569 viewsRichardO

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 09:01 - Aug 20 by vetchonian

yes i womder what if changes Luke will make.
I suspect he will start with the team that started v Preston but maybe switch Cullen for Vip.
Maybe sqitch Naughton for Key which migh address those issues ypu mention on the right and Naughts was very influential in last years home derby

Don't think he will play Naughton instead of Key, just think Key and Tymon are trying too hard instead of doing the simple things, I think they are being asked a lot, getting up and down the pitch against better teams they need to concentrate on their defending.Against Cardiff especially if they want to counter attack as has been touch on,happy to see Key start.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 16:50 - Aug 20 with 2546 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 16:36 - Aug 20 by raynor94

Didn't Callum Robinson get sent off after that?

Was that the Cabango one? Definitely after 2020. Season before last?
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 16:54 - Aug 20 with 2542 viewsvetchonian

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 16:50 - Aug 20 by jack247

Was that the Cabango one? Definitely after 2020. Season before last?

it was indeed the season before last.
Robunson on 7 minutes.
Rusty managed to beat 10 men that day

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:00 - Aug 20 with 2532 viewsvetchonian

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 16:47 - Aug 20 by RichardO

Don't think he will play Naughton instead of Key, just think Key and Tymon are trying too hard instead of doing the simple things, I think they are being asked a lot, getting up and down the pitch against better teams they need to concentrate on their defending.Against Cardiff especially if they want to counter attack as has been touch on,happy to see Key start.

im with you i sort of expect the same staring line up as against Preston.
But did wonder if Luke might Tinker to add some experience for this BIG game.
If we go all put as we did Saturday i think we will be fine....I am worried about overconfidence given they have uet to win a league game...and form means nothing in a derby but heres hoping for another win

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:01 - Aug 20 with 2521 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 16:54 - Aug 20 by vetchonian

it was indeed the season before last.
Robunson on 7 minutes.
Rusty managed to beat 10 men that day

For balance, we beat them every time we played them under Martin. No one had done the double before he cane here, as you well know.

I do think Williams will prove to be a better manager for us though.
Login to get fewer ads

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:09 - Aug 20 with 2494 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:01 - Aug 20 by jack247

For balance, we beat them every time we played them under Martin. No one had done the double before he cane here, as you well know.

I do think Williams will prove to be a better manager for us though.

When he completely eradicates suicide ball and walking football , I ll join his fan club.
Cardiff game is one we can fully use to move it on up.
We need to rip these to waste and hoover them up
[Post edited 20 Aug 17:10]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:57 - Aug 20 with 2419 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:09 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

When he completely eradicates suicide ball and walking football , I ll join his fan club.
Cardiff game is one we can fully use to move it on up.
We need to rip these to waste and hoover them up
[Post edited 20 Aug 17:10]

Just for balance.

We all know a few posters on either side of this particular subject whose views are a little bit myopic.

If Vetch is pointing out he beat 10 men, it’s only fair to say we beat Cardiff every time he managed us against them, when no one else has ever managed it twice in a season.

It’s also fair to say he couldn’t get us near those levels week in week out and his football was often boring and ultimately unsuccessful.

It’s not about fan clubs. It’s about looking at things without an agenda.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:26 - Aug 20 with 2386 viewsvetchonian

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 17:57 - Aug 20 by jack247

Just for balance.

We all know a few posters on either side of this particular subject whose views are a little bit myopic.

If Vetch is pointing out he beat 10 men, it’s only fair to say we beat Cardiff every time he managed us against them, when no one else has ever managed it twice in a season.

It’s also fair to say he couldn’t get us near those levels week in week out and his football was often boring and ultimately unsuccessful.

It’s not about fan clubs. It’s about looking at things without an agenda.

my 10 man reference was related to Last Saturday when Southampton failed to get a resukt against 10 men ....in fact it was nil nil toll the sending off.
In fairness to Rusty he achieved what other manager hasnin our history with the doube doube...but 4 matched out of 92 didnt do it for me.
Im sure Luke will be a good manager for us I like hoe he handles himself in pressers and i think he is very tactility aware and open to others suggestions

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:34 - Aug 20 with 2342 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:26 - Aug 20 by vetchonian

my 10 man reference was related to Last Saturday when Southampton failed to get a resukt against 10 men ....in fact it was nil nil toll the sending off.
In fairness to Rusty he achieved what other manager hasnin our history with the doube doube...but 4 matched out of 92 didnt do it for me.
Im sure Luke will be a good manager for us I like hoe he handles himself in pressers and i think he is very tactility aware and open to others suggestions

Let it go man. No one cares how Cooper and Duffs teams get on.

I agree with your last sentence
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:37 - Aug 20 with 2334 viewsKeithHaynes

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:26 - Aug 20 by vetchonian

This season will prove or disprove that.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:48 - Aug 20 with 2314 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-star-mar

Another player Cardiff can’t use on Sunday 😂 mark has gone to Luton

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:51 - Aug 20 with 2306 viewsraynor94

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:48 - Aug 20 by RhonddaSwans

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-star-mar

Another player Cardiff can’t use on Sunday 😂 mark has gone to Luton

Reading that article they have signed a replacement

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 19:38 - Aug 20 with 2224 viewsSullutaCreturned

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:51 - Aug 20 by raynor94

They signed a centre half from Manyoo didn't they?
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 19:41 - Aug 20 with 2217 viewsraynor94

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 19:38 - Aug 20 by SullutaCreturned

They signed a centre half from Manyoo didn't they?

Almost completed by all accounts

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 20:08 - Aug 20 with 2141 viewsRhonddaSwans

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:51 - Aug 20 by raynor94

Yeah blooding in a new cb in the welsh derby 🤩 that is a weak link that we need to target.
mark was their best defender.

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:06 - Aug 20 with 2047 viewsraynor94

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 20:08 - Aug 20 by RhonddaSwans

Yeah blooding in a new cb in the welsh derby 🤩 that is a weak link that we need to target.
mark was their best defender.

I wouldn't have thought he'd start they have Goutas and Chambers, Mcguiness didn't start in either of their league games

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 07:53 - Aug 21 with 1817 viewsSwans9

Not long now I would take a draw at the very worst but as long as the ref doesn't give a mad card or goal and we stay alert at the back no attempted silly passes we are heavy fav with the bookies. Cardiff nearly 3/1.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 08:28 - Aug 21 with 1762 viewsWhiterockin

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 07:53 - Aug 21 by Swans9

Not long now I would take a draw at the very worst but as long as the ref doesn't give a mad card or goal and we stay alert at the back no attempted silly passes we are heavy fav with the bookies. Cardiff nearly 3/1.

We will win and go top 6, Cardiff will be nailed to the bottom of the league and go into a spin and sack their manager. It will be an afternoon and evening to savour.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 08:39 - Aug 21 with 1711 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 08:28 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

We will win and go top 6, Cardiff will be nailed to the bottom of the league and go into a spin and sack their manager. It will be an afternoon and evening to savour.

I am going to have two small beers and a bottle of Chateuneuf du Pape

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 08:43 - Aug 21 with 1701 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 07:53 - Aug 21 by Swans9

Although I’m extremely confident for this game, Vigaroux does worry me a bit. Not that I think he’s a bad keeper, he just has a tendency to overplay when he just needs to lump it clear.

He will get caught doing that now and then. I hope we don’t gift them a goal, I can’t see them creating much themselves bar set pieces.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 08:49 - Aug 21 with 1689 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 08:43 - Aug 21 by jack247

Although I’m extremely confident for this game, Vigaroux does worry me a bit. Not that I think he’s a bad keeper, he just has a tendency to overplay when he just needs to lump it clear.

He will get caught doing that now and then. I hope we don’t gift them a goal, I can’t see them creating much themselves bar set pieces.

I’m terrified when our keepers do this
Howeve,and I might be wrong,Larry is far less culpable in this regard especially compared with the Fish .
His distribution is actually better than Rushworth’swho often found touch. Larry seems to have better control and find Tymon most of the time.

He will be fine for us .

I’ve said before it’s about attitude and application. Cut the suicide at the back,do the basics of defending and move forward . Even with the squad ,as it is now,we have players who !I believe,can cause real problems for the opposition . However, we must really look after Zan . He is going to be crucial . If he doesn’t score ,who will,on a regular basis .

I want the capital cousins crushed under foot and humiliated . Nothing less .

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 10:16 - Aug 21 with 1584 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 08:49 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

I’m terrified when our keepers do this
Howeve,and I might be wrong,Larry is far less culpable in this regard especially compared with the Fish .
His distribution is actually better than Rushworth’swho often found touch. Larry seems to have better control and find Tymon most of the time.

He will be fine for us .

I’ve said before it’s about attitude and application. Cut the suicide at the back,do the basics of defending and move forward . Even with the squad ,as it is now,we have players who !I believe,can cause real problems for the opposition . However, we must really look after Zan . He is going to be crucial . If he doesn’t score ,who will,on a regular basis .

I want the capital cousins crushed under foot and humiliated . Nothing less .

No he doesn’t do it half as much as Fisher, is bigger and on early impressions just looks a better keeper.

No issues with his distribution either. He looks up and when it’s on, accurately chips balls out to our right wing. When he lumps it, he keeps it in play.

He just has that cockiness that makes him try to dribble round pressing attackers now and again. He’ll get caught, I just hope it’s not Sunday.

I’ve got a feeling it may come too soon for Zan to get 90. He’ll certainly play though. We’ve always had a talisman up front, we clearly missed that last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024