Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread 21:38 - Aug 18 with 31376 viewsKeithHaynes

Memories, the truth (often lost on them down the road) games, unique moments, anything really.

Plus we update and look ahead to the game.

This is the derby day thread !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62821/swansea-city-total

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:27 - Aug 23 with 3057 viewsMad_Mike

Looks like Ramsey has had another 'miraculous' recovery. 🙂
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:38 - Aug 23 with 3000 viewsWhiterockin

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:27 - Aug 23 by Mad_Mike

Looks like Ramsey has had another 'miraculous' recovery. 🙂

Good he can go off after 20 minutes.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:28 - Aug 24 with 2170 viewsunion_jack

No posts on here since 12-38 today. Where is everyone??

As far as team selection is concerned I’d be surprised if the team that started last wee won’t be involved tomorrow. That will include Cullen up front. This game is for those who know what it’s about so the likes of Vipotnik, Bianchini and Abbey on the bench. The only change maybe Allen to start.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:40 - Aug 24 with 2116 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:28 - Aug 24 by union_jack

As far as team selection is concerned I’d be surprised if the team that started last wee won’t be involved tomorrow. That will include Cullen up front. This game is for those who know what it’s about so the likes of Vipotnik, Bianchini and Abbey on the bench. The only change maybe Allen to start.

I don’t want to upset anyone before the big game
We need to unite
A slagging free 24 hours. I’ve advised my followers to keep schtum
I don’t like Cardiff city

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:44 - Aug 24 with 2115 viewsWhiterockin

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:28 - Aug 24 by union_jack

Allen on the bench for me until 65 minutes or so, possibly I have mentioned before, we will win, first leg of yet another double.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 22:57 - Aug 24 with 2001 viewsunion_jack

I think they are going to come at us from the start and see if they can nick a goal. Then they’ll set up to frustrate us for the remainder of the game which will be tough for us.

I’m not as confident as a lot are about this game. I never am though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 23:21 - Aug 24 with 1937 viewsDJack

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 22:57 - Aug 24 by union_jack

I think they are going to come at us from the start and see if they can nick a goal. Then they’ll set up to frustrate us for the remainder of the game which will be tough for us.

I’m not as confident as a lot are about this game. I never am though.

Yep, they will want an early upset.

The confidence you reference is just the guys "comparing" the two sides and in isolation their thoughts are accurate...BUT, it's the derby all truths go out of the window leaving nerves, passion and pure damn luck good and bad.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 07:27 - Aug 25 with 1658 viewsbonymine

Wakey wakey all The Railway opens in half an hour mun !! ⚽️ 🦢🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🍻💪👊

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Login to get fewer ads

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 07:57 - Aug 25 with 1584 viewsonehunglow

For some reason I am very excited today
Already been out down the beach for three miler

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 07:58 - Aug 25 with 1593 viewsBoundy

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 07:27 - Aug 25 by bonymine

Wakey wakey all The Railway opens in half an hour mun !! ⚽️ 🦢🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🍻💪👊

Sitting down to a bowl of Cheerios and a plate of crumpets and honey. Sad that I am .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 07:59 - Aug 25 with 1591 viewsBoundy

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 07:57 - Aug 25 by onehunglow

For some reason I am very excited today
Already been out down the beach for three miler

Do they allow cars on the beach

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 08:54 - Aug 25 with 1453 viewsRichardO

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 07:59 - Aug 25 by Boundy

We have a number of players in the team who look as if they can change the way a game is going similar to the likes of Ntcham, Piroe Fer and Michu in Ronald and Eom, if we can give them quick ball and support tthem they will cause problems to any teams. It will be a bit test to see how far we have come as a team under Williams.
Yes it is a derby game and Cardiff will try and up their game but in the three home games including the game against Rio we have score three goals. Maybe against poor opposition but you can only play against what is in front of you. We have only conceded two goals one a penalty which we left ourselves get pushed back into our box and the other one that we didn't deal with properly.

The first game of the season may have been a bit of an eye opener for the new players to how hard it is to play in the Championship and to the manager in how he has to use the player at his disposal.
The discussions onl the board about the football played have been relatively positive so far this season given two wins out of three and one game we think we should have been able to get more out of. Most of the discussion have been nitpicking about things for the most part that could have gone wrong but didn't.

Nice to be excited about game, even if a bit apprehensive given who the opposition is but we have players in the team and on the bench who can hurt them, looking forward to seeing them doing it against as many teams as possible this season.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 09:03 - Aug 25 with 1432 viewsWhiterockin

Will there be a Montero chant today to give someone a gentle reminder.

Cardiff's Chambers eyes memorable Swansea return - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cvg4v3eygg8o
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 09:10 - Aug 25 with 1396 viewsRichardO

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 09:03 - Aug 25 by Whiterockin

Cardiff's Chambers eyes memorable Swansea return - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cvg4v3eygg8o

Even a Nutmeg! Nutmeg!
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 09:38 - Aug 25 with 1296 viewsmangohilljack

been on a mike rayer and well up for it..

bring on the dirty filth

Swansea oh Swansea !!
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 09:40 - Aug 25 with 1280 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 07:59 - Aug 25 by Boundy

Not on the beach but in car parks on the edge .
Or ,our local one ,park on road and the ya are
No parking fees
It ain’t Gower

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 09:41 - Aug 25 with 1273 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 07:58 - Aug 25 by Boundy

Sitting down to a bowl of Cheerios and a plate of crumpets and honey. Sad that I am .

Too much bluddy sugar ,mun

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 09:42 - Aug 25 with 1284 viewsswan_si

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 09:03 - Aug 25 by Whiterockin

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/arsenals-calum-chambe
Nice little clip of him being interviewed by a team mate after the match.😂
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 09:44 - Aug 25 with 1280 viewsAguycalledJack

Currently on the train up from carmarthen. Breakfast a few beers and then for the main event. COYS.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 10:56 - Aug 25 with 1098 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 09:40 - Aug 25 by onehunglow

Not on the beach but in car parks on the edge .
Or ,our local one ,park on road and the ya are
No parking fees
It ain’t Gower

You’re absolutely right the Wirral ain’t Gower

Anyway I’m not taking the bait today. Enjoy the game
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:31 - Aug 25 with 997 viewsBoundy

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 09:41 - Aug 25 by onehunglow

Too much bluddy sugar ,mun

I need to keep my energy levels high , in case you didn't know I have a big game today.Lukey might need me .( if only)

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:40 - Aug 25 with 952 viewsSwans9

Any win will do Cullen time to shine come on the swans.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:40 - Aug 25 with 945 viewsBoundy

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 08:54 - Aug 25 by RichardO

We have a number of players in the team who look as if they can change the way a game is going similar to the likes of Ntcham, Piroe Fer and Michu in Ronald and Eom, if we can give them quick ball and support tthem they will cause problems to any teams. It will be a bit test to see how far we have come as a team under Williams.
Yes it is a derby game and Cardiff will try and up their game but in the three home games including the game against Rio we have score three goals. Maybe against poor opposition but you can only play against what is in front of you. We have only conceded two goals one a penalty which we left ourselves get pushed back into our box and the other one that we didn't deal with properly.

The first game of the season may have been a bit of an eye opener for the new players to how hard it is to play in the Championship and to the manager in how he has to use the player at his disposal.
The discussions onl the board about the football played have been relatively positive so far this season given two wins out of three and one game we think we should have been able to get more out of. Most of the discussion have been nitpicking about things for the most part that could have gone wrong but didn't.

Nice to be excited about game, even if a bit apprehensive given who the opposition is but we have players in the team and on the bench who can hurt them, looking forward to seeing them doing it against as many teams as possible this season.

Having watched all 3 games so far I do believe if we click will give more than just a game to the opposition , some of our interplay has been a joy to watch and now with pace in the side and it seems a willingness to move the ball quicker and forward then as I say we can hurt teams imo .Cardiff now seem to want to play on the counter act so it'll be interesting to see who dominates the ball and holds onto it better , a wet slippery surface today should make it interesting for the defenders at least .Cool heads needed though because they will be up for it ( It baffles me how many times they haven't but looking back how many of their managers have still be in position to have another go at us , I believe this will their managers 5th game in charge against us and I'm sure he'll be confident in his sides ability )
COYS

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:55 - Aug 25 with 855 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:55 - Aug 25 with 855 viewsGVJack

Anyone know of a good sports bar in La Pineda! (Booked before the fixtures came out before anyone asks)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024