Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread 21:38 - Aug 18 with 31380 viewsKeithHaynes

Memories, the truth (often lost on them down the road) games, unique moments, anything really.

Plus we update and look ahead to the game.

This is the derby day thread !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62821/swansea-city-total

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 10:39 - Aug 26 with 1594 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 10:20 - Aug 26 by union_jack

That’s unlikely to happen as it would be too costly and would undermine them. Not that I necessarily disagree!

LW was schooled yesterday by Bulut and their bench had pace and purpose.

They were also far more physical which this league needs.

He gambled on blowing them away in the first hour or so IMO. Cooper is an impact sub all day long (though he was one of our better players yesterday). Needs must while Vipotnik gets sharp, but the same applies to Cullen.

We didn’t have players like that to come on and inject a bit of energy. Cardiff did.

Of course, if we’d done our transfer business that we’d been planning months for in a timely manner, we’d have been able to bring a winger on and put Abdulai in the middle. Or start Abdulai and bring Cooper on for the last half hour when hes most effective.

Subs definitely turned the game, but another point to consider is a few of our big names didn’t have their best games. Ronald and Eom in particular. Only Franco really stood out for me.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 10:43 - Aug 26 with 1594 viewsFireboy2

This game shows what we are lacking, an attacking midfielder, if paterson had played yesterday we would have had the game won by half time.

If we don't get one before Friday I sorry to say we are going to see more of the same.

One positive is the new winger and centre half will play in midweek and hopefully we will see them in some shape or form on Saturday, especially the winger, I feel sorry for abdullai as he is never a winger, that substitution ultimately cost us 2pts along woth putting the headless chicken on for franco.

I'm hoping and praying that williams has learnt a lesson yesterday.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:16 - Aug 26 with 1501 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 10:43 - Aug 26 by Fireboy2

This game shows what we are lacking, an attacking midfielder, if paterson had played yesterday we would have had the game won by half time.

If we don't get one before Friday I sorry to say we are going to see more of the same.

One positive is the new winger and centre half will play in midweek and hopefully we will see them in some shape or form on Saturday, especially the winger, I feel sorry for abdullai as he is never a winger, that substitution ultimately cost us 2pts along woth putting the headless chicken on for franco.

Eom? With Bianchinni on the wing?

Ok that leaves us with just Cooper as cover for all three positions, but that’s the hand Williams has been dealt at the moment.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:06 - Aug 26 with 1389 viewsFireboy2

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:16 - Aug 26 by jack247

Eom? With Bianchinni on the wing?

Ok that leaves us with just Cooper as cover for all three positions, but that’s the hand Williams has been dealt at the moment.

That's what i was expecting, Eom to no10 and bianchini on the wing, surely he's quicker that the unfortunate abdullai.

Attack is the best form of defence and it was very apt on our part in the second half, we put slower less energetic players on so we got what we deserved, we were fortunate to get a point in the end.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:08 - Aug 26 with 1381 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:06 - Aug 26 by Fireboy2

That's what i was expecting, Eom to no10 and bianchini on the wing, surely he's quicker that the unfortunate abdullai.

Attack is the best form of defence and it was very apt on our part in the second half, we put slower less energetic players on so we got what we deserved, we were fortunate to get a point in the end.

Fortunate indeed FB, if they’d gone for it after equalising they would almost certainly have scored.

But there again, if we’d gone for it after we scored then it may have been out of sight by then.

Well never know.
[Post edited 26 Aug 12:09]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:42 - Aug 26 with 1303 viewsFireboy2

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:08 - Aug 26 by union_jack

Fortunate indeed FB, if they’d gone for it after equalising they would almost certainly have scored.

But there again, if we’d gone for it after we scored then it may have been out of sight by then.

Well never know.
[Post edited 26 Aug 12:09]

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda mate 🤷
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 13:14 - Aug 26 with 1209 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 10:43 - Aug 26 by Fireboy2

Have an up arrow

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 15:33 - Aug 26 with 1071 viewskrunchykarrot

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 10:39 - Aug 26 by jack247

He gambled on blowing them away in the first hour or so IMO. Cooper is an impact sub all day long (though he was one of our better players yesterday). Needs must while Vipotnik gets sharp, but the same applies to Cullen.

We didn’t have players like that to come on and inject a bit of energy. Cardiff did.

Of course, if we’d done our transfer business that we’d been planning months for in a timely manner, we’d have been able to bring a winger on and put Abdulai in the middle. Or start Abdulai and bring Cooper on for the last half hour when hes most effective.

Subs definitely turned the game, but another point to consider is a few of our big names didn’t have their best games. Ronald and Eom in particular. Only Franco really stood out for me.

The reason we struggled yesterday were Ronald and Eom, kept losing possesion. I thought first half our ball winning was excellent only to be wasted cheaply. Should have won the game in the first half.
Login to get fewer ads

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:30 - Aug 26 with 920 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 15:33 - Aug 26 by krunchykarrot

The reason we struggled yesterday were Ronald and Eom, kept losing possesion. I thought first half our ball winning was excellent only to be wasted cheaply. Should have won the game in the first half.

Yes I agree.

We can blame Williams for the substitutions and not having the likes of Cooper in reserve to run at tired defenders.

We can’t blame him for Ronald and Eom, amongst others, having bad games. That aside, I thought we played well first half. If those two were firing we’d have been out of site by half time.

Obviously we also can’t blame him for only having one match fit striker and for two potential first team players only being signed three days ago, but that’s another story.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 19:58 - Aug 26 with 838 viewsKeithHaynes

I can see the two new lads playing on Wednesday.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 20:50 - Aug 26 with 769 viewssons_of_omri

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 19:58 - Aug 26 by KeithHaynes

I can see the two new lads playing on Wednesday.

Well you’d hope so. A great time to play Bianchini and Abbey and start Zan.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:10 - Aug 26 with 732 viewsFireboy2

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 20:50 - Aug 26 by sons_of_omri

This ^ along with Abdullai in the middle of midfield where he will be better for us as he is no winger.

If i was williams I'd be trying different systems, I'd try cullen with viptonik to see how they play together, we sorely missed a true no 10 like paterson yesterday.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:20 - Aug 26 with 721 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 20:50 - Aug 26 by sons_of_omri

This has to happen. Give Zipotnik the full 90 if he can manage it.

My gripe is we’ve gone into this game half cocked. That isn’t Williams’ fault. Zipotnik would have been available all summer but we brought him in the week before the season started (with no pre season elsewhere).

The new lads come in late August.

It’s one thing waiting until deadline day to put the finishing touches to your squad. Being three games in and barely having a matchday 20 is quite another.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:30 - Aug 26 with 697 viewsDr_Winston

There can't be more than a handful of teams in this division (or any other) who get all their desired transfers done within a couple of weeks of the window opening. The sheer volume of business that gets done on deadline day suggests otherwise.

There's not much point pretending that we aren't in the exact same boat as basically every other club out there when it comes to getting players in. Yes, you'd prefer to do it early, but it's not always possible. It's always struck me as one of the more bizarre criticisms.

For the most part we're involved in a game of chicken with teams all over Europe. Waiting for decisions to be made so we can make our own.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:47 - Aug 26 with 653 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:30 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

There can't be more than a handful of teams in this division (or any other) who get all their desired transfers done within a couple of weeks of the window opening. The sheer volume of business that gets done on deadline day suggests otherwise.

There's not much point pretending that we aren't in the exact same boat as basically every other club out there when it comes to getting players in. Yes, you'd prefer to do it early, but it's not always possible. It's always struck me as one of the more bizarre criticisms.

For the most part we're involved in a game of chicken with teams all over Europe. Waiting for decisions to be made so we can make our own.

This is a completely different thing to having only Cullen as a match fit striker, two centre backs (both in their final year) with no cover until a couple of days ago and no #10.

Just look at the bench yesterday. Two attacking options, one of which hasn’t had a pre season and the other a foreign player signed on Friday.

It’s true enough to state that very few squads will be absolutely complete yet, but it’s ludicrous to suggest everyone else is in the same boat as us.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 22:18 - Aug 26 with 593 viewsDr_Winston

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:47 - Aug 26 by jack247

This is a completely different thing to having only Cullen as a match fit striker, two centre backs (both in their final year) with no cover until a couple of days ago and no #10.

Just look at the bench yesterday. Two attacking options, one of which hasn’t had a pre season and the other a foreign player signed on Friday.

It’s true enough to state that very few squads will be absolutely complete yet, but it’s ludicrous to suggest everyone else is in the same boat as us.

Why is Cullen the "only match fit striker"? Did Vipotnik not have a pre-season at Bordeaux? The contract status of both Darling and Cabango is largely irrelevant to their ability to play is it not?

You seem to think that the players we've signed have spent the Summer sat on their arses playing X-Box. We've signed them from other clubs. They'd have been training at other clubs ready for their own seasons to start. They should all be fairly close to match fit. The idea that we've got to somehow start from scratch with all of them is nonsense.

There is probably no other club in the division completely happy with their squad, just like us. So yes, they're in the same boat.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 06:12 - Aug 27 with 410 viewsjack247

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 22:18 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

Why is Cullen the "only match fit striker"? Did Vipotnik not have a pre-season at Bordeaux? The contract status of both Darling and Cabango is largely irrelevant to their ability to play is it not?

You seem to think that the players we've signed have spent the Summer sat on their arses playing X-Box. We've signed them from other clubs. They'd have been training at other clubs ready for their own seasons to start. They should all be fairly close to match fit. The idea that we've got to somehow start from scratch with all of them is nonsense.

There is probably no other club in the division completely happy with their squad, just like us. So yes, they're in the same boat.

Do you think we signed Vipotnik as a late impact sub and Cullen is our main man, even though we play two wingers and one up front? Did you not notice him looking leggy despite only playing half an hour Sunday?

The contract situation doesn’t impact their ability to play, but it’s symptomatic of the way the playing squad is run. More of a holistic observation which is why I put it in brackets.

Again, I’m sure Bianchini is close to match fit. The issue there is throwing a player who doesn’t speak English as his first language, into any game, let alone a derby, without even a chance to train with the team. Williams didn’t do it and I can’t blame him. I’m sure he’d have loved to bring a winger on instead of Abdulai.

Don’t fall into the trap of ‘you seem to think’ that’s invariably a pre cursor to replying to something that wasn’t said or implied. A poor post by your standards.

Edit - not being completely happy and being where our squad is are two completely different things. Let’s just say it as it is.
[Post edited 27 Aug 6:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024