Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread 21:38 - Aug 18 with 30698 viewsKeithHaynes

Memories, the truth (often lost on them down the road) games, unique moments, anything really.

Plus we update and look ahead to the game.

This is the derby day thread !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62821/swansea-city-total

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 22:22 - Aug 18 with 9872 viewsKeithHaynes

Speaking to a contact tonight they are saying about 150 tickets left, mostly individual.

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 23:47 - Aug 18 with 9768 viewsBoundy

Son who lives in Cardiff is bringing his two boys to the game, they loved their first derby last season at Swansea and hoping for a repeat , fair play to the oldest he more than stands his ground when all his school mates are all bluebirds.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 10:51 - Aug 19 with 9496 viewsAguycalledJack

Apparently man for man they have better players than us.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:00 - Aug 19 with 9437 viewspencoedjack

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 10:51 - Aug 19 by AguycalledJack

Apparently man for man they have better players than us.

Yep they always say this.

Pre-season on Anus's forum there were a few stating 'certain play-offs possibly top 2 with their squad'.

They are up there with the most deluded bunch of fans ever.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:29 - Aug 19 with 9433 viewsfelixstowe_jack

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 22:22 - Aug 18 by KeithHaynes

Speaking to a contact tonight they are saying about 150 tickets left, mostly individual.

Another two bocks released today in segregated area. Approx 100 tickets seated together NU7 and NL2

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:37 - Aug 19 with 9386 viewsKeithHaynes

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:29 - Aug 19 by felixstowe_jack

Another two bocks released today in segregated area. Approx 100 tickets seated together NU7 and NL2

I think that’s down to the fact that only 950 tickets have been taken by Cardiff down to this meeting a few days back. TBH it’s just Cardiff making a big deal out of the fact they know they won’t sell them anyway, and using excuses.

Some supporters club of theirs has stated they will boycott the next one if there not more flexibility in the arrangement for tickets. They already have boycotted it with the failure to sell out over recent years 🤷🏻‍♂️

You can only take so many thumpings.

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:40 - Aug 19 with 9361 viewsKeithHaynes

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:29 - Aug 19 by felixstowe_jack

There’s definitely been a good home take up then. This seated together tickets are new release I take it ? I was in there last March for the derby game. Sitting down wasn’t an option 😂

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:24 - Aug 19 with 9263 viewsLandore_Jack

Cardiff City centre-back Mark McGuinness is set to join Championship rivals Luton Town in a deal which could eventually be worth £10m.

The Bluebirds have lined up Jesper Daland as a replacement, with the Norwegian defender set to join for about £3.5m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ce3170vq34

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:46 - Aug 19 with 9219 viewsnantywatcher

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:24 - Aug 19 by Landore_Jack

Cardiff City centre-back Mark McGuinness is set to join Championship rivals Luton Town in a deal which could eventually be worth £10m.

The Bluebirds have lined up Jesper Daland as a replacement, with the Norwegian defender set to join for about £3.5m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ce3170vq34

£10m in with £3.5 m out - those are figures we can dream about!
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 13:23 - Aug 19 with 9083 viewsBoundy

A view from Majorca,

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:03 am

Swansea v Cardiff City

My View:
in a broad brush manner- is that : (1) We are definately better than them in ALL 5 mid-field positions (attacking and defending …including the #10).

(2) In all defensive positions (including GK) ….we are slightly better . (3) As for the lone striker which we both employ …..both of us are somewhat lacking .

My conclusion is that is that while “on paper” we are the better team and therefore should expect to win ….this will not be the decisive factor .

The decisive factor is going to depend on :

(1) Which of the two managers will better set up their team to play …..and the tactics . So it is down to the “MANAGERS” .

(2) Which of the two teams “WANTS IT MORE”!!? In derby games form is far less important than normal … but rather ….who has the ‘eye of the tiger’ and who is the ‘pussycat’.

So are we up for it ? Will Bulut do the business on the day ?

and yet conceded 7 goals in their last two league games two of them at home against the youngest team in the league Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 13:34 - Aug 19 with 9041 viewsonehunglow

I’m so not keen on them

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 13:42 - Aug 19 with 9058 viewsFireboy2

When we beat them at home last season iirc they were the team in form but we were more up for it than them.

I think we are in better form than them atm but that means fvck all, what will swing it is being at home, so that's why imo we will win.

I am gutted that we can't be there but we will be screaming at the tele though 😉
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 14:02 - Aug 19 with 9013 viewsraynor94

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:46 - Aug 19 by nantywatcher

£10m in with £3.5 m out - those are figures we can dream about!

Didn't we have the same scenario last Summer with Piroe and Yates

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 14:09 - Aug 19 with 8997 viewsnantywatcher

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 14:02 - Aug 19 by raynor94

Didn't we have the same scenario last Summer with Piroe and Yates

Yes and what a buy that was! £13m in £2.5m out and worth nothing within a few months. Not a perfect business model.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:40 - Aug 19 with 8578 viewsSullutaCreturned

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 11:00 - Aug 19 by pencoedjack

Yep they always say this.

Pre-season on Anus's forum there were a few stating 'certain play-offs possibly top 2 with their squad'.

They are up there with the most deluded bunch of fans ever.

That's why I have a tendency to say wait 10 games then make a judgement. You can sign good players but they may not make a team whereas, you can sign players who are worse on paper but they make a better team. A lot depends on the managers.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 19:29 - Aug 19 with 8363 viewspencoedjack

Apparently Chopra will be in the away end.

Good time for an Ashley Williams song 👍
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 19:36 - Aug 19 with 8334 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 18:40 - Aug 19 by SullutaCreturned

That's why I have a tendency to say wait 10 games then make a judgement. You can sign good players but they may not make a team whereas, you can sign players who are worse on paper but they make a better team. A lot depends on the managers.

Ok to analyse after ten games but we comment on matters of the moment

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 20:22 - Aug 19 with 8255 viewsSullutaCreturned

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 19:36 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

Ok to analyse after ten games but we comment on matters of the moment

Oh we should analyse every game and pass comment but after 10 games it becomes a judgement on the manager too. Players should have settled, creases ironed out and partnerships started to form.
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 20:39 - Aug 19 with 8215 viewsGVJack

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 20:22 - Aug 19 by SullutaCreturned

Oh we should analyse every game and pass comment but after 10 games it becomes a judgement on the manager too. Players should have settled, creases ironed out and partnerships started to form.

I think we'll see some consistency and see the same team start against Cardiff that took to the field against PNE. Would prefer to see Vipotnik start but think he'll go with Cullen starting as a local boy who knows what a derby means.

I'm also predicting a pretty fiery affair with at least 1 red card but another solid 3-0 win for the Swans!!
[Post edited 19 Aug 20:43]
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:12 - Aug 19 with 8059 viewsRichardO

I was surprised that Cooper was in the team starting line up on Saturday but did Williams see a weakness on our left that needed to be addressed from previous games, Preston had a number of attacks on the right , will be interesting to see if William's feels the need to change anything after a deserved win?
⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 07:46 - Aug 20 with 7558 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 20:22 - Aug 19 by SullutaCreturned

Hard to argue to with ,but I’ll try

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 09:01 - Aug 20 with 7501 viewsvetchonian

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 21:12 - Aug 19 by RichardO

I was surprised that Cooper was in the team starting line up on Saturday but did Williams see a weakness on our left that needed to be addressed from previous games, Preston had a number of attacks on the right , will be interesting to see if William's feels the need to change anything after a deserved win?

yes i womder what if changes Luke will make.
I suspect he will start with the team that started v Preston but maybe switch Cullen for Vip.
Maybe sqitch Naughton for Key which migh address those issues ypu mention on the right and Naughts was very influential in last years home derby

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:11 - Aug 20 with 7333 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Oliver Langford will be the ref. One of the worst out there.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:14 - Aug 20 with 7323 viewsBoundy

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 12:11 - Aug 20 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Oliver Langford will be the ref. One of the worst out there.

Bonnie was better

⚽️ Swansea City v Cardiff City : The derby day thread on 14:12 - Aug 20 with 7139 viewsMad_Mike

Keith Stroud 4th Official. 😡
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024