Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! 11:51 - Nov 21 with 15267 viewsNotLoyal

It’s a trip up north for the Jack Army. The place where the north is, Barnsley. Baaaarsleh.Their new manager takes a bow, yes, it’s one of those, it’s his first full on boogey woogey game as the new manager. Let’s all wonder what might happen ?
Poya Asbaghi is his name, he’s a few months older than our Russell.

[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 8:26]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 21:56 - Nov 24 with 1252 viewsNotLoyal

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 21:52 - Nov 24 by dna

Barnsley commentators said it was one of theirs trying to get at the Swans fans

As Keith said enjoy your 3 year ban moron.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 21:58 - Nov 24 with 1229 viewsbuilthjack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 20:42 - Nov 24 by onehunglow

Isn’t Naughton selected where he is to do this.
If not,why does he play there .

We are appalling,boring and utterly meaningless .

Is anyone enjoying all this ,please help me.

Do you understand possession football?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 21:59 - Nov 24 with 1212 viewsOptimisticJack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 21:41 - Nov 24 by KeithHaynes

Three points for Frank.

Such a pity Cardiff couldn't have done likewise

Optimisticjack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:01 - Nov 24 with 1184 viewsFireboy2

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 21:59 - Nov 24 by OptimisticJack

Such a pity Cardiff couldn't have done likewise

And benny said that they would be on level points after saturdays games 🤣🤣🤣
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:03 - Nov 24 with 1158 viewsKeithHaynes

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:01 - Nov 24 by Fireboy2

Give him credit, level with who 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:05 - Nov 24 with 1143 viewsjackrabbit

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 21:45 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

Didn't really learn anything we didn't already know tonight. We can pass most teams in the division to death, but need a little extra sometimes to make it more effective.

Grimes/Downes/Smith doesn't work as a midfield. All too samey and static. We need Ntcham (or another attacking presence) in there. As soon as ON came on we looked a lot livelier.

January transfer targets look obvious.

Spot on. Before Ntcham came on we had the cutting edge of a butter knife. He injected some vision, creativity and some pace into what had been a very flat attacking effort up to that point. His and Paterson’s excellent goals rescued the evening, which had been threatening to deliver a 0-0 borefest. There ain’t no substitute for pace and skill, and our 2 most talented ball players showed how it’s done. Excellent result.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:05 - Nov 24 with 1140 viewsFireboy2

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:03 - Nov 24 by KeithHaynes

Give him credit, level with who 😂

Us 🙄
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:06 - Nov 24 with 1123 viewspencoedjack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:01 - Nov 24 by Fireboy2

More deluded BS
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:07 - Nov 24 with 1115 viewsKeithHaynes

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:05 - Nov 24 by Fireboy2

Us 🙄

I thought he meant Barnsley 😂

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:08 - Nov 24 with 1108 viewspencoedjack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 21:52 - Nov 24 by dna

Barnsley commentators said it was one of theirs trying to get at the Swans fans

I think that was the 2nd incident 1st 1 came from the Swans fans when we scored
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:12 - Nov 24 with 1082 viewsFireboy2

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:07 - Nov 24 by KeithHaynes

I thought he meant Barnsley 😂

🤣🤣
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:12 - Nov 24 with 1082 viewsdna

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 20:53 - Nov 24 by dna

This!!

Patience is a virtue

They're chasing the ball, only takes a bit of tiredness,misplaced pass, bit of skill from us - so much better than last season

Some people are never happy

Could well lose to a set piece/breakaway but there's a long term plan in place, just need the players and fitness levels for it to work

Bump
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:13 - Nov 24 with 1068 viewslifelong

Very good second half, Naughton outstanding, again, we didn’t look like conceding this evening.. very encouraging.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:14 - Nov 24 with 1067 viewsBadlands

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 21:29 - Nov 24 by LittleEnglandJack

Fairplay, that 2nd is 100% a result of the game plan. They've ran their socks off trying to match us and you see then, they were spent, giving us the space for Pato to score.

I'm sure some would rather us lose as long as we took 20 aimless shots that hit row z.
A professional win with dominant football.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:16 - Nov 24 with 1052 viewsnantywatcher

Downes is subbed, the momentum shifts and we score two goals in the next 15 minutes. Golly gosh, who would have thought?
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:21 - Nov 24 with 1027 viewsChief

Kicked off outside the ground apparently (with the opposition fans)

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:23 - Nov 24 with 1008 viewsChief

Sounds quite bad

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:23 - Nov 24 with 1008 viewsCatullus

80% possession, 895 passes, 90% pass success rate, 2 nil win. All that away from home too. OK Barnsley aren't very good but they worked hard, they were physical and they ran themselves into the ground chasing us around. As space opened up we looked more dangerous.
It wasn't our best performance but who (besides the usual crowd) expects us to play at our very best every week? it's almost as if they think we are playing against cardboard cut outs! The oppo are actually trying to stop us fellas.

I read the whole thread and some of the comments are, strange to say the least. Speaking as somebody who openly says he wants to enjoy the games, I accept that I won't enjoy every minute of every game. We are not perfect yet some expect us to be.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:26 - Nov 24 with 987 viewsFireboy2

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:16 - Nov 24 by nantywatcher

Downes is subbed, the momentum shifts and we score two goals in the next 15 minutes. Golly gosh, who would have thought?

It would have shifted no matter who came off as ntcham created the spark we needed.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:28 - Nov 24 with 970 viewspencoedjack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:13 - Nov 24 by lifelong

Very good second half, Naughton outstanding, again, we didn’t look like conceding this evening.. very encouraging.

Thought Cabango was very good tonight as well.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:36 - Nov 24 with 920 viewsReslovenSwan1

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:28 - Nov 24 by pencoedjack

Thought Cabango was very good tonight as well.

Cabango is one of the clubs greatest and most valuable assets. I do not want to see him mopping on the sidelines. The natural successor to Ashley Williams and his value to the club cannot be understated. The guy is still only 21.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:38 - Nov 24 with 904 viewsKeithHaynes

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:23 - Nov 24 by Catullus

80% possession, 895 passes, 90% pass success rate, 2 nil win. All that away from home too. OK Barnsley aren't very good but they worked hard, they were physical and they ran themselves into the ground chasing us around. As space opened up we looked more dangerous.
It wasn't our best performance but who (besides the usual crowd) expects us to play at our very best every week? it's almost as if they think we are playing against cardboard cut outs! The oppo are actually trying to stop us fellas.

I read the whole thread and some of the comments are, strange to say the least. Speaking as somebody who openly says he wants to enjoy the games, I accept that I won't enjoy every minute of every game. We are not perfect yet some expect us to be.

My best translation from tonight’s Spanish commentary.
Este es un equipo de fútbol como el Real Madrid, juega con causa y es ilusionante, ni siquiera es la primera liga, pero eso es el fútbol, ​​todos los días, en todos los sentidos. No es perfecto, pero lo es todo. En los próximos días, esto será lo que Inglaterra tendrá que hacer si se despierta.

This is the best I can do. I’ll try and record it and put it on here.

This is a football team like Real Madrid, it plays with a cause and it is exciting, it is not even the first league, but that is football, every day, in every way. It's not perfect, but it is everything. In the next few days, this will be what England will have to do if it wakes up.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:44 - Nov 24 with 873 viewsDr_Winston

Kyle Naughton completed more passes than the entire Barnsley team.

But he's not tall enough. Or something.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:44 - Nov 24 with 872 viewsraynor94

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 20:53 - Nov 24 by onehunglow

Not as predicable as that though.
Yiu enjoying this.

Tell me,what do you see

Totally embarrassing, you and your two mates, Vetch and Afd.

Why do you bother? You are only ever happy when we lose.

I see a manager who only arrived during the first week of the season turning us into a force this season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:45 - Nov 24 with 861 viewsAndyCole

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:16 - Nov 24 by nantywatcher

It's so obvious to some, most especially Martin.

Martin makes one of the more obvious changes we needed to allow Grimes to kick on.

Result = we we kick on with Grimes Unleashed, with a proper anchor. An anchor who doesn't constantly pull him backwards, oblivious of the tide of the game.

Downes is way way too defensive. Surplus to Grimes' requirements, by far. Grimes doesn't need such an overtly defensive veil.

Which is why Martin always quite rightly ditches Flynnedine.

In Smith in that space we lo and behold had an anchor clever enough to flow with the ebb n tide, allowing Grimes to ride our waves of go-forward.

When Flynnedine came off we never looked like floundering in the back-wash, the ebbing tide. Without Flynnedine, We flowed with the flow of the surf, and surfed handsomely to a deserved win.

Folks, this so ain't rocket science as some of your herd proclaim. Let go of 'em sheeple hackles, and express.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024