Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! 11:51 - Nov 21 with 15266 viewsNotLoyal

It’s a trip up north for the Jack Army. The place where the north is, Barnsley. Baaaarsleh.Their new manager takes a bow, yes, it’s one of those, it’s his first full on boogey woogey game as the new manager. Let’s all wonder what might happen ?
Poya Asbaghi is his name, he’s a few months older than our Russell.

[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 8:26]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 09:54 - Nov 25 with 1636 viewsonehunglow

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 21:58 - Nov 24 by builthjack

Do you understand possession football?

You want a reply to that ?

Try something else.

Why not simply give your view and accept other are different.

It's not hard Builthjack

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 10:14 - Nov 25 with 1616 viewsBadlands

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:45 - Nov 24 by AndyCole

It's so obvious to some, most especially Martin.

Martin makes one of the more obvious changes we needed to allow Grimes to kick on.

Result = we we kick on with Grimes Unleashed, with a proper anchor. An anchor who doesn't constantly pull him backwards, oblivious of the tide of the game.

Downes is way way too defensive. Surplus to Grimes' requirements, by far. Grimes doesn't need such an overtly defensive veil.

Which is why Martin always quite rightly ditches Flynnedine.

In Smith in that space we lo and behold had an anchor clever enough to flow with the ebb n tide, allowing Grimes to ride our waves of go-forward.

When Flynnedine came off we never looked like floundering in the back-wash, the ebbing tide. Without Flynnedine, We flowed with the flow of the surf, and surfed handsomely to a deserved win.

Folks, this so ain't rocket science as some of your herd proclaim. Let go of 'em sheeple hackles, and express.

Downes is way way too defensive.
Isn't that what have been crying out for since Britton hung up his boots?
IMO a defensive midfielder who breaks up play and can pass us out of trouble has been missing for a few seasons. Downes is very good at that and at interchanging with CBs if they move out of defence or are caught stretched by an attack.
Martin's tactic of using one CB and two cb/fullbacks needs a defensive minded player in front of the three.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 10:16 - Nov 25 with 1589 viewsonehunglow

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 10:14 - Nov 25 by Badlands

Downes is way way too defensive.
Isn't that what have been crying out for since Britton hung up his boots?
IMO a defensive midfielder who breaks up play and can pass us out of trouble has been missing for a few seasons. Downes is very good at that and at interchanging with CBs if they move out of defence or are caught stretched by an attack.
Martin's tactic of using one CB and two cb/fullbacks needs a defensive minded player in front of the three.

Downes is a committed and strong player and exactly what we need.

He us subbed regularly whilst the pretty anonymous Korey Smith see the game out.

Other clubs will be watching Downes and any mounting frustration.

We need to be careful with him.

We also need to somehow keep Monsieur and Piroe at least for this season.

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 12:18 - Nov 25 with 1515 viewsBillyChong

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:46 - Nov 24 by 34dfgdf54

RM: “I enjoyed the first half, I know it might not have been that exciting for the neutral, but I felt we were putting a lot of work into their legs and taking energy out of Barnsley as the half wore on and they got deeper and deeper.

Pretty simple.

Yes exactly how I expected the second half to pan out. Martin is clearly focussed on fitness and striking when teams are flagging. He clearly sees Smith as a player who meets his fitness expectations. Ntcham is working on it, as seen by his extra personal fitness sessions. Obafemi clearly not up to the mark at the moment.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 12:28 - Nov 25 with 1508 viewsvetchonian

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:44 - Nov 24 by raynor94

Totally embarrassing, you and your two mates, Vetch and Afd.

Why do you bother? You are only ever happy when we lose.

I see a manager who only arrived during the first week of the season turning us into a force this season

Its about opinions isnt it.....plenty full of dissent last season desoite us winning.
The first half last night was a bore fest.....put into context Barnsley have been dire this season...WE pass backwards and sideways the goals came from nice forward passes ...much has been made over the build up to Prioes goal on Saturday there were plenty of opportunities to give the ball to Piroe and in fact NAtcham made himself available several times only to be ignored and the ball to go backwards. Piros goal was superb the build up had no effect on it .....it was a pure oiece of invdiviual brilliance.
Great to win and the goals were class ....I think we need to ask ourselves where would we be without Piroe? Natcham too....if these get pinched in January where will that leave us...
Im never happy when we lose....I have refrained form posting recently because I am always accused of a bias...yet the fawning and defence of MArtin is incredulous....it seems this season we should not expect to be winning every game there are we draw or lose.

We say we want to be entertained yet are happy to put up with the borefest fo last nights first 45 minutes.....in the end we got a great win .....Im not sure what may have happened had their free kick gone in I doubt we would have broken them dwon when 1-0 up and 10 men behind the ball....ASs it happens we didnt need to find out.
Long may our success continue .....but without Piroe and Natcham I dont see us becoming much of a force.....we may keep the ball and pass it out of trouble but I doubt we will trouble many sides .......we struggled to get through Blackpool.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 12:34 - Nov 25 with 1499 viewsYouBackJastard

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 12:28 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

Its about opinions isnt it.....plenty full of dissent last season desoite us winning.
The first half last night was a bore fest.....put into context Barnsley have been dire this season...WE pass backwards and sideways the goals came from nice forward passes ...much has been made over the build up to Prioes goal on Saturday there were plenty of opportunities to give the ball to Piroe and in fact NAtcham made himself available several times only to be ignored and the ball to go backwards. Piros goal was superb the build up had no effect on it .....it was a pure oiece of invdiviual brilliance.
Great to win and the goals were class ....I think we need to ask ourselves where would we be without Piroe? Natcham too....if these get pinched in January where will that leave us...
Im never happy when we lose....I have refrained form posting recently because I am always accused of a bias...yet the fawning and defence of MArtin is incredulous....it seems this season we should not expect to be winning every game there are we draw or lose.

We say we want to be entertained yet are happy to put up with the borefest fo last nights first 45 minutes.....in the end we got a great win .....Im not sure what may have happened had their free kick gone in I doubt we would have broken them dwon when 1-0 up and 10 men behind the ball....ASs it happens we didnt need to find out.
Long may our success continue .....but without Piroe and Natcham I dont see us becoming much of a force.....we may keep the ball and pass it out of trouble but I doubt we will trouble many sides .......we struggled to get through Blackpool.

Blackpool being one of the form sides in the division, who sheethoused an 85th min equaliser after many pen shouts not given in the worst refereeing performance of 2021.

Context is everything.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 12:43 - Nov 25 with 1489 viewsnantywatcher

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 06:45 - Nov 25 by Brynmill_Jack

The Championship powerhouse who nobody showed any interest in. Let’s see who bids for whom at the end of the season. Downes will be far more in demand than safety first Matthew.

Brynmill - you are truly clueless. Another class performance by Matty last night, the current system would flounder without him and his incredible work rate. I'd love the stats on how many passes of 5 yards or less Downes makes this season - we're probably talking in terms of thousands.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 13:00 - Nov 25 with 1473 viewsTreforys_Jack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 12:43 - Nov 25 by nantywatcher

Brynmill - you are truly clueless. Another class performance by Matty last night, the current system would flounder without him and his incredible work rate. I'd love the stats on how many passes of 5 yards or less Downes makes this season - we're probably talking in terms of thousands.

They compliment each other very well.
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 13:19 - Nov 25 with 1431 views34dfgdf54

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 12:28 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

Did you ask that season last year regarding Ayew and Lowe?

I don't think it's accusing you of bias, especially in your case, I'd say it's knowing your bias. That post after a 2-0 win away from home. Heard keeper was MOTM on Tuesday?
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 13:22 - Nov 25 with 1426 views34dfgdf54

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 12:34 - Nov 25 by YouBackJastard

Blackpool being one of the form sides in the division, who sheethoused an 85th min equaliser after many pen shouts not given in the worst refereeing performance of 2021.

Context is everything.

Who just drew to WBA aswell. Vetch has been on a downer since Cooper left, that much so he's stopped enjoying us winning. Quite something.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 15:17 - Nov 25 with 1344 viewsvetchonian

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 13:22 - Nov 25 by 34dfgdf54

Who just drew to WBA aswell. Vetch has been on a downer since Cooper left, that much so he's stopped enjoying us winning. Quite something.

I have not stopped enjoying us winning! Quite the opposite

What I am on a downer with is the hypocrisy you and others last season critisced and moaned even though we were winning ...many have stated we were only where we were last season down to Ayew....yet this season the same can be said of Piroe.

It seems no one is allowed to question or critiqe?.....I enjoy attractive football last nights first half did not fit into that description for me.....On Saturday I watcehd Grimes and Natcham exchange 4 passes back and fore each other, they were inside our half about 3 -4 feet apart and the ball went back and fore to themselves parrallel to the halfway line...We kept the ball and often went back not forward.
We can talk about the dissalowed penalties it wont be the first or the last time that happens but aspart from Piroes worldy we really didnt look like threatening Blackpool so 4 poptential scoring opportunites with 60% possesion.....MArtinez played fast attractive attacking football, Rodgers liked to keep possesion for not for possesion sake....We all talk about Leon what he did was kept the ball moving broke up play when we lost the ball ....and made himself available to moveit out to the wing or the forwards.....Under Martin we often pass for pass sake....but then thats my opinion.
Depsite the accusations I have never had a Cooper obsession....I just dislike unfairness and that is going on....read my posts I want the Swansto win...I cant get the fans who were were saying they would be happy to see usrelegated whilst we "reset".....

I punche dthe air at the final whislte my posts which you deem negative were made during a very dour first half....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 17:40 - Nov 25 with 1233 viewsonehunglow

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 15:17 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

What I am on a downer with is the hypocrisy you and others last season critisced and moaned even though we were winning ...many have stated we were only where we were last season down to Ayew....yet this season the same can be said of Piroe.

It seems no one is allowed to question or critiqe?.....I enjoy attractive football last nights first half did not fit into that description for me.....On Saturday I watcehd Grimes and Natcham exchange 4 passes back and fore each other, they were inside our half about 3 -4 feet apart and the ball went back and fore to themselves parrallel to the halfway line...We kept the ball and often went back not forward.
We can talk about the dissalowed penalties it wont be the first or the last time that happens but aspart from Piroes worldy we really didnt look like threatening Blackpool so 4 poptential scoring opportunites with 60% possesion.....MArtinez played fast attractive attacking football, Rodgers liked to keep possesion for not for possesion sake....We all talk about Leon what he did was kept the ball moving broke up play when we lost the ball ....and made himself available to moveit out to the wing or the forwards.....Under Martin we often pass for pass sake....but then thats my opinion.
Depsite the accusations I have never had a Cooper obsession....I just dislike unfairness and that is going on....read my posts I want the Swansto win...I cant get the fans who were were saying they would be happy to see usrelegated whilst we "reset".....

I punche dthe air at the final whislte my posts which you deem negative were made during a very dour first half....

Bravo
You're one of the more perceptive posters and a breath of reality to an often foggy site of Russylove.

The first half was enough to end anyone ,not interested in the Swans ,to sleep. It was at best tedius,at worst shocking in it emptiness. Nothing at all to enthuse over.This is apparent when people like Winston and the gang pop over to try to denigrate others who disagree with them. Sadly,it is tolerated as Russy is infallible right now.Disagree and you are fair game. Frakly,I dont give a monkeys.I call it as I see it and it was as described. You ,I ,everyone knows it but few have the ball s to say so. It turned off thousands Im sure.

Second half better after Russ clearly kicked them up their 'rses even the much loved Naughton although their 44 made him look what he is in reality-a statuesque,easily beaten full back. His yellow card another example.

Ntcham is vital to this side. He is a class act,obviously playing at a level below his ability. Never mind tying and rejoicing in Grimes signing a new contract,we need this fella for as long a possible. We wouldnt miss Grimes as Downes and possibly Walsh would do his job but we miss Monsieur every moment he is on the pitch. He stands out-or at least he should.

A welcome 3 points but ,face it,Barnsley are going south as are Peterboro whom Blackburn thrashed last night.

As someone said,Context-is right.

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 18:02 - Nov 25 with 1230 viewsDr_Parnassus

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 15:17 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

Excellent post.

The same people who were annoyed when we were winning last year are the same people that look for conflict when we win this year claiming others aren't enjoying it.

Its a very odd pastime.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 18:34 - Nov 25 with 1218 viewsTreforys_Jack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 18:02 - Nov 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Excellent post.

The same people who were annoyed when we were winning last year are the same people that look for conflict when we win this year claiming others aren't enjoying it.

Its a very odd pastime.

Which people were annoyed we were winning last year?
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 19:13 - Nov 25 with 1183 viewsKeithHaynes

There was a time it was down to Trundle and then Michu, it’s a thing.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 19:39 - Nov 25 with 1145 viewsDr_Parnassus

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 18:34 - Nov 25 by Treforys_Jack

Which people were annoyed we were winning last year?

It would probably be quicker to tell you who wasn’t.

I think I remember a thread I created saying “So we aren’t even waiting for us to lose anymore before slating us”. Feel free to take a look.

When we won people were clearly annoyed that they couldn’t go into full rant mode due to their vendetta against the manager. So often when we won they suggested we were lucky to set the foundations for their ranting.

I can’t remember our last win when everyone was happy. I think we may have to go back a few seasons.

And as I said, the same people moaning last year are the same people that look for conflict when we win this year. Never happy.

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 19:54 - Nov 25 with 1136 viewsTreforys_Jack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 19:39 - Nov 25 by Dr_Parnassus

It would probably be quicker to tell you who wasn’t.

I think I remember a thread I created saying “So we aren’t even waiting for us to lose anymore before slating us”. Feel free to take a look.

When we won people were clearly annoyed that they couldn’t go into full rant mode due to their vendetta against the manager. So often when we won they suggested we were lucky to set the foundations for their ranting.

I can’t remember our last win when everyone was happy. I think we may have to go back a few seasons.

And as I said, the same people moaning last year are the same people that look for conflict when we win this year. Never happy.

Nah, not like you, but think you got that wrong. People were unhappy with the style, nothing else.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 19:57 - Nov 25 with 1126 viewsDr_Parnassus

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 19:54 - Nov 25 by Treforys_Jack

Nah, not like you, but think you got that wrong. People were unhappy with the style, nothing else.

I disagree, comments were often personal to the manager and nothing to do with the style of play. We could play excellently and people would still say we were lucky.

They did everything they could to frame things in the “luck” narrative rather than us deserving it.

Hence why people were predicting he would fail at Forest, they convinced themselves it was luck by the end.

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 20:05 - Nov 25 with 1114 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:33 - Nov 24 by angryjack

No I said piroe was class from beginning and didn't watch Southampton game...watch I don't put you to bed mush I know Birdwell gets assists but he was negative tonight..
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 23:35]

Must have been controversial Jack then. But you’re a miserable b*gger so you can see who I got you mixed up. Your love for Dhanda tells me your judgement is a little bit off. Bidwell has got a great assists record for us, if he’d have stayed on he would have played Ntcham in himself. Now off to bed Rocky lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 20:09 - Nov 25 with 1109 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You’ve got something against Martin, ok we get it.
You championed last seasons every game mediocrity and you’re calling last night a bore fest. Stay of the drugs old man

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:21 - Nov 25 with 988 viewsjackrabbit

Good post. I think we have the basis of a good team but we are nowhere near it yet. When we can pass the ball around in the ‘final third’ with accuracy, fluency and intricacy…..and as confidently, as we do at the back - or should I say OVERdo at the back, then we will be playing attractive incisive football. The object is to create goal-scoring opportunities and we do not do that enough - last night it took us 3/4 of the match before we created a goal scoring opportunity, and a goal. In the Blackpool game we hardly did it at all - our goal was more to do with Piroe’s individual brilliance.
I don’t buy the argument that we are playing attractive, patient possession football - we’re not. Last night was a dirge for 70 odd minutes. Barnsley fans were not in awe of what they witnessed:

“ What was really odd was it taking over an hour for them to change tact. Surely Swansea don't play like that every week? That was an utterly dismal, Italy in the 90s tactic. Very weird when they have the players to walk all over us.”

Amen
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:42 - Nov 25 with 977 viewsKeithHaynes

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:21 - Nov 25 by jackrabbit

Good post. I think we have the basis of a good team but we are nowhere near it yet. When we can pass the ball around in the ‘final third’ with accuracy, fluency and intricacy…..and as confidently, as we do at the back - or should I say OVERdo at the back, then we will be playing attractive incisive football. The object is to create goal-scoring opportunities and we do not do that enough - last night it took us 3/4 of the match before we created a goal scoring opportunity, and a goal. In the Blackpool game we hardly did it at all - our goal was more to do with Piroe’s individual brilliance.
I don’t buy the argument that we are playing attractive, patient possession football - we’re not. Last night was a dirge for 70 odd minutes. Barnsley fans were not in awe of what they witnessed:

“ What was really odd was it taking over an hour for them to change tact. Surely Swansea don't play like that every week? That was an utterly dismal, Italy in the 90s tactic. Very weird when they have the players to walk all over us.”

Amen

As has been mentioned above, surely they should be more concerned about what their team didn’t do, and why it happened ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 09:01 - Nov 26 with 846 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:42 - Nov 25 by KeithHaynes

As has been mentioned above, surely they should be more concerned about what their team didn’t do, and why it happened ?

Some are going to moan even if we were to win every game.
We played a low risk low energy game away from home in the midweek and won. If we’d have gone balls out, won 3 nil and knackered the players out / picked up injuries for a tricky home game on Saturday maybe that would have pleased the moaners?

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 12:09 - Nov 26 with 789 viewsjackrabbit

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:42 - Nov 25 by KeithHaynes

Perhaps they paid good money to be entertained at a football match and were severely disappointed not just by their own team’s inadequacies, but by the spectacle they witnessed?
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 12:14 - Nov 26 with 785 viewsjackrabbit

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 09:01 - Nov 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Some are going to moan even if we were to win every game.
We played a low risk low energy game away from home in the midweek and won. If we’d have gone balls out, won 3 nil and knackered the players out / picked up injuries for a tricky home game on Saturday maybe that would have pleased the moaners?

Please don’t conflate my post above with a ‘moan’. It was a critique of a football match I watched involving my team that I have supported for nearly 60 years through thick and thin. When my team does not meet my expectations, I will offer my criticisms. If you don’t like my criticisms then don’t read them.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024