Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! 11:51 - Nov 21 with 15268 viewsNotLoyal

It’s a trip up north for the Jack Army. The place where the north is, Barnsley. Baaaarsleh.Their new manager takes a bow, yes, it’s one of those, it’s his first full on boogey woogey game as the new manager. Let’s all wonder what might happen ?
Poya Asbaghi is his name, he’s a few months older than our Russell.

[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 8:26]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:46 - Nov 24 with 1517 views34dfgdf54

RM: “I enjoyed the first half, I know it might not have been that exciting for the neutral, but I felt we were putting a lot of work into their legs and taking energy out of Barnsley as the half wore on and they got deeper and deeper.

Pretty simple.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:48 - Nov 24 with 1500 views34dfgdf54

Martin also dedicated the win to Frankie Burrows.

Class act.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:57 - Nov 24 with 1463 viewsYouBackJastard

Great result, disappointed with the poor performance for large spells. Game plan clearly worked though, they were done pressing late on which allowed the space for Ntcham and Pato to run into. Think the poor quality in the first sixty came down to the players on the pitch rather than the tactics, Smith Grimes Downes midfield is fine in big games but when we’re against teams in horrific form it would make more sense to play a more attack-minded midfield.

Shingle and a few other names who only pop up when we’re losing / playing poorly continue to confuse me. Do you actually support us? Very weird bunch.

Cardiff are hilariously terrible. Not much more to say on that.

It looks as though the Emperor may have some clothes after all. Grimes also almost out passed the entire Barnsley team too. May the Martin revolution continue, four points to make up for playoffs with so much of the season left and plenty more excitement to come.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:05 - Nov 24 with 1433 viewsChief

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:57 - Nov 24 by YouBackJastard

Great result, disappointed with the poor performance for large spells. Game plan clearly worked though, they were done pressing late on which allowed the space for Ntcham and Pato to run into. Think the poor quality in the first sixty came down to the players on the pitch rather than the tactics, Smith Grimes Downes midfield is fine in big games but when we’re against teams in horrific form it would make more sense to play a more attack-minded midfield.

Shingle and a few other names who only pop up when we’re losing / playing poorly continue to confuse me. Do you actually support us? Very weird bunch.

Cardiff are hilariously terrible. Not much more to say on that.

It looks as though the Emperor may have some clothes after all. Grimes also almost out passed the entire Barnsley team too. May the Martin revolution continue, four points to make up for playoffs with so much of the season left and plenty more excitement to come.

"Cardiff are hilariously terrible. Not much more to say on that"

They're so 🟨 lucky there's two teams with deducted points this season.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:07 - Nov 24 with 1421 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 21:24 - Nov 24 by angryjack

If Birdwell was still on he would gone backwards but manning put lovely ball in

That’s right , because Bidwell never crosses or gets assists. You’re the one who slagged Piroe after the Southampton friendly aren’t you? Best you go to bed

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:24 - Nov 24 with 1387 viewsYouBackJastard

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:05 - Nov 24 by Chief

"Cardiff are hilariously terrible. Not much more to say on that"

They're so 🟨 lucky there's two teams with deducted points this season.

This post has been edited by an administrator

After watching Barnsley I can safely say there are worse teams than them, somehow. Still think Morrison is a disaster of an appointment that all the Cardiff fans seemed to adore.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:30 - Nov 24 with 1369 viewsChief

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:24 - Nov 24 by YouBackJastard

After watching Barnsley I can safely say there are worse teams than them, somehow. Still think Morrison is a disaster of an appointment that all the Cardiff fans seemed to adore.

Hopefully it's another one that Tan will give a 3 year contract to and sack within 6 months.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:33 - Nov 24 with 1358 viewsangryjack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:07 - Nov 24 by Brynmill_Jack

That’s right , because Bidwell never crosses or gets assists. You’re the one who slagged Piroe after the Southampton friendly aren’t you? Best you go to bed

No I said piroe was class from beginning and didn't watch Southampton game...watch I don't put you to bed mush I know Birdwell gets assists but he was negative tonight..
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 23:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:37 - Nov 24 with 1336 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 21:56 - Nov 24 by Fireboy2

Perhaps downes still cannot do the full 90 as he is still suffering with the effects from covid.

Without looking back has he ever done 90?

Yes??

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:45 - Nov 24 with 1313 viewsFireboy2

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:37 - Nov 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes??

Obviously before covid as I'm almost certain that he hasn't done 90 since.
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 00:00 - Nov 25 with 1283 viewsDr_Parnassus

First match I’ve missed all season. Just catching up now, stats look barmy, nearly 900 passes and 80% possession.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 00:04 - Nov 25 with 1281 viewsYouBackJastard

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 00:00 - Nov 25 by Dr_Parnassus

First match I’ve missed all season. Just catching up now, stats look barmy, nearly 900 passes and 80% possession.

Do you have the long ball% by any chance?
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 00:16 - Nov 25 with 1254 viewsAndyCole

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 00:00 - Nov 25 by Dr_Parnassus

80% masks the initial strength and bravado of the home team, yet fully encapsulates our overall dominance, fair play.

We quietly, assuredly snuffled out that initial bravado with a maturity borne from our 3 key senior players across the pitch. Grimes orchestrated the stealthy demolition with the confidence of having Naughts behind and Pato in front, pulling the strings accordingly. All highly precisioned, planned and executed ruthlessly when Flynnedine was subbed. Flynnedine, our weakest link. Much better when Smith took over the deep fulcrum.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 00:54 - Nov 25 with 1221 viewstheloneranger

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 23:45 - Nov 24 by Fireboy2

Obviously before covid as I'm almost certain that he hasn't done 90 since.

Flynn Downes did 90 mins, twice before he had Covid, and 6 times since.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 01:06 - Nov 25 with 1183 viewsAndyCole

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 00:54 - Nov 25 by theloneranger

Flynn Downes did 90 mins, twice before he had Covid, and 6 times since.

Flynnedine clearly isnt even our medium-short term solution of anchoring Grimes, our Talisman and Leader.

Grimes is far more comfortable with Smith anchoring. And understandably so, anybody with any footballing nous would do the same, all day.

The woefully uneducated types like Winston, that continue to fail to see this most obvious of obvious failings ought to watch tiddlywinks or stick to their knitting classes.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 01:57 - Nov 25 with 1155 viewsDr_Parnassus

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 00:04 - Nov 25 by YouBackJastard

Do you have the long ball% by any chance?

Just a shade shy of 9%. Certainly in the healthy split range.

79 long balls. One every 73 seconds.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 2:22]

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 06:18 - Nov 25 with 1046 viewsBuckDancer

A good win on the road against a team who put 10 men behind the ball and looked to frustrate us. That’ll knock a few of the negative boys off their Perch…
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 6:57]
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 06:30 - Nov 25 with 1038 viewsSirjohnalot

Thoroughly dominant and effective performance, were never going to lose that game. Completely outclassed them. We’re developing a system that’s becoming 2nd nature to our squad, they’ve had 3 months of playing this now and it’s paying off. When we get new signings in January not only will they’ll be able to fit into a system more easily as the rest of the squad will already know it,?they’ll be players specifically chosen to play this way.

Dec is huge, all very winnable games, nicely spaced out. If we’re in a similar or better position come mid Jan….will be fun

Plus even though we have to play top two again, (I think) they’ll both be at home.

Trust the process
Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 06:45 - Nov 25 with 1028 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:45 - Nov 24 by AndyCole

It's so obvious to some, most especially Martin.

Martin makes one of the more obvious changes we needed to allow Grimes to kick on.

Result = we we kick on with Grimes Unleashed, with a proper anchor. An anchor who doesn't constantly pull him backwards, oblivious of the tide of the game.

Downes is way way too defensive. Surplus to Grimes' requirements, by far. Grimes doesn't need such an overtly defensive veil.

Which is why Martin always quite rightly ditches Flynnedine.

In Smith in that space we lo and behold had an anchor clever enough to flow with the ebb n tide, allowing Grimes to ride our waves of go-forward.

When Flynnedine came off we never looked like floundering in the back-wash, the ebbing tide. Without Flynnedine, We flowed with the flow of the surf, and surfed handsomely to a deserved win.

Folks, this so ain't rocket science as some of your herd proclaim. Let go of 'em sheeple hackles, and express.

The Championship powerhouse who nobody showed any interest in. Let’s see who bids for whom at the end of the season. Downes will be far more in demand than safety first Matthew.

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 06:48 - Nov 25 with 1021 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:26 - Nov 24 by Fireboy2

It would have shifted no matter who came off as ntcham created the spark we needed.

I’ve told him to stick to Nantymoel RFC but he never listens. Likes to pretend he’s the new Alan Hansen like the often missing non entity - Dwights best mate Andy Mould.

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 07:44 - Nov 25 with 962 viewsmagicdaps10

Wellity wellity!

Said last night that Martin would have been happy with the overall game(both 1st and 2nd half) and I said that win was for Frankie Burrows.

Funny this morning how Russ came out and said the exact 2 things. Seems I have a brain of the visionary that is Russell Martin.

Patience and it will all come good in the end, buckle in lads as Russell is the real deal... Going to be some ride 💪👍

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 08:40 - Nov 25 with 884 viewsDr_Parnassus

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 07:44 - Nov 25 by magicdaps10

Wellity wellity!

Said last night that Martin would have been happy with the overall game(both 1st and 2nd half) and I said that win was for Frankie Burrows.

Funny this morning how Russ came out and said the exact 2 things. Seems I have a brain of the visionary that is Russell Martin.

Patience and it will all come good in the end, buckle in lads as Russell is the real deal... Going to be some ride 💪👍

Patience with the right system yes, calls for change if it isn't.

Thankfully we are now playing the right system.

*yawn*

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 09:38 - Nov 25 with 810 viewsonehunglow

For the neutrals or the more insouciant folk here's what really happened last night:
Swansea started the game slowly stroking the ball sideways,backwards basically going nowhere. Fantastic passing stats but troubling their keeper not once. A game to see off any neutral passing a Tuesday night on the telly. Stupifyingly boring that had to change.

It did and credit to Russ for kicking @rses as they needed to be kicked.

Ball was moved,quicker and forward and we were far more aggressive which resulted into Monsieur getting a beautiful goal not really surprising giving his class-the mot talented we have by a country mile. We need to kill these crepe,hapless opponents off even though they are showing some fight for their new manager and we do with a nice Pato strike.

We then not only see out the game but keep the momentum up which we do not normally do. Everyone happy then ? Well no,not really as our better fans seek to "ridicule" the "utter morons ". Meanwhile ,another three points.

It's a shame the automatic promotion spots seem assured to Fulham and Bmuff-God help us,Bmyff back in the PL.

It will be a real dog fight for the play offs and to say we can't /won't go up really is NEGATIVE talk. There is enough in this side to get there.

Copyright @ONL lalaland.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 9:47]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 09:51 - Nov 25 with 770 viewsonehunglow

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:36 - Nov 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Cabango is one of the clubs greatest and most valuable assets. I do not want to see him mopping on the sidelines. The natural successor to Ashley Williams and his value to the club cannot be understated. The guy is still only 21.

Cabango seen as a liability by some punters .No good with the ball at his feet.

Hamer also ,although quiet,great distribution and solid.

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 09:53 - Nov 25 with 768 viewsonehunglow

Barnsley v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MATCHDAY! on 22:45 - Nov 24 by AndyCole

It's so obvious to some, most especially Martin.

Martin makes one of the more obvious changes we needed to allow Grimes to kick on.

Result = we we kick on with Grimes Unleashed, with a proper anchor. An anchor who doesn't constantly pull him backwards, oblivious of the tide of the game.

Downes is way way too defensive. Surplus to Grimes' requirements, by far. Grimes doesn't need such an overtly defensive veil.

Which is why Martin always quite rightly ditches Flynnedine.

In Smith in that space we lo and behold had an anchor clever enough to flow with the ebb n tide, allowing Grimes to ride our waves of go-forward.

When Flynnedine came off we never looked like floundering in the back-wash, the ebbing tide. Without Flynnedine, We flowed with the flow of the surf, and surfed handsomely to a deserved win.

Folks, this so ain't rocket science as some of your herd proclaim. Let go of 'em sheeple hackles, and express.

I disagree with that BUT, AC has a view and that's fine by me,whatever it is.

Respect.

Imagine

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024