Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin 11:08 - Nov 2 with 62583 viewsmacro

Charged with violent conduct (I assume it's the challenge which Clarke went mad about)
Club going to protest against it so fingers crossed.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 11:37]
Calvin on 21:08 - Nov 4 with 2874 viewsfirgrovedale51

Calvin on 19:16 - Nov 4 by PDIDDY

Disgusting elbow, but it's Peter Clarkes fault , so some on here said ( because he's been doing it all his career. Pathetic .

Pr1ck
Calvin on 21:09 - Nov 4 with 2868 viewsfirgrovedale51

Calvin on 19:24 - Nov 4 by sweetcorn

Also just to put things into perspective. Hendo got sent off for 2 fouls and then a kick out last year on consecutive games and he's the worst of the worst and needs to be kicked out of the club. Calvin performs something you'd see in ufc, which tbh looks premeditated and people are defending him because he's a nice lad.

This board man.

You do talk sh*t
Calvin on 21:13 - Nov 4 with 2823 viewsDaleiLama

As is nearly always the case with such incidents, the provocateur gets off scot free and the retaliator cops for it.

I doubt the full version of why the red mist descended will ever come out (and there could be legal implications to that as DA alluded to), but it's a pity no player or member of the coaching staff saw this building up. Maybe having a word could have diffused it before it escalated to the point where the lid blew off.

I don't suppose Clarke is too proud of his role in this either, if he has even a shred of decency in him, and I'm sure Cal is gutted he's let himself and so many others down.

I have to say though, that calls to oust him are an over-reaction too far for me. He's a decent bloke, got himself as fit as a fiddle this year, in the games I saw him in he ran his heart out in attack and defence and genuinely seems a good all-round bloke. He's made an almighty mistake and will pay a mental, financial and to a lesser extent physical price for that and will miss out on a key part of our season when we need him most. He doesn't need people piling on now. He needs support to get back to where he was in the team and maybe a bit of counselling regarding the cause of the ban. To lose his livelihood is too big a price to pay for an isolated moment of indiscretion.

Good luck Calvin - use the rest of this year to reflect on where you got to and why and I hope to see you back in a Dale shirt pulling your tripes out for us again next year.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2016 21:23]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Calvin on 21:20 - Nov 4 with 2752 viewsSalwaDale

I guess we wait to see how the club and the player handle this. If the club choose to make a stand then I get it. Personally I'd rather see Calvin punished and forgiven. However, the way the club and the player act in the meantime is important.

TBBT

Calvin on 21:20 - Nov 4 with 2753 viewsD_Alien

Calvin on 21:13 - Nov 4 by DaleiLama

As is nearly always the case with such incidents, the provocateur gets off scot free and the retaliator cops for it.

I doubt the full version of why the red mist descended will ever come out (and there could be legal implications to that as DA alluded to), but it's a pity no player or member of the coaching staff saw this building up. Maybe having a word could have diffused it before it escalated to the point where the lid blew off.

I don't suppose Clarke is too proud of his role in this either, if he has even a shred of decency in him, and I'm sure Cal is gutted he's let himself and so many others down.

I have to say though, that calls to oust him are an over-reaction too far for me. He's a decent bloke, got himself as fit as a fiddle this year, in the games I saw him in he ran his heart out in attack and defence and genuinely seems a good all-round bloke. He's made an almighty mistake and will pay a mental, financial and to a lesser extent physical price for that and will miss out on a key part of our season when we need him most. He doesn't need people piling on now. He needs support to get back to where he was in the team and maybe a bit of counselling regarding the cause of the ban. To lose his livelihood is too big a price to pay for an isolated moment of indiscretion.

Good luck Calvin - use the rest of this year to reflect on where you got to and why and I hope to see you back in a Dale shirt pulling your tripes out for us again next year.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2016 21:23]

Thumbs up isn't good enough for that, so I'll say it - definitive post on this matter

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Calvin on 21:27 - Nov 4 with 2707 viewsAlexF

i dont often moan, and i've been a footie fan for over 50 years. This has to be the most outrageous decision i've ever seen in the game. does Calvin deserve a ban? Yes without any doubt or excuse . 12 MATCHES?? come on.. is this really worse than biting someone? and for the second time?? get real. Or breaking someone's leg?? Think of all the utterly disgusting, career ending and damaging challenges we've seen down the years. And this is 12 matches?? f*&ck me...
Calvin on 21:33 - Nov 4 with 2656 views442Dale

Calvin on 21:27 - Nov 4 by AlexF

i dont often moan, and i've been a footie fan for over 50 years. This has to be the most outrageous decision i've ever seen in the game. does Calvin deserve a ban? Yes without any doubt or excuse . 12 MATCHES?? come on.. is this really worse than biting someone? and for the second time?? get real. Or breaking someone's leg?? Think of all the utterly disgusting, career ending and damaging challenges we've seen down the years. And this is 12 matches?? f*&ck me...

Why are we comparing it? It's horrible and deserves the ban.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Calvin on 21:37 - Nov 4 with 2638 viewsAlexF

Calvin on 21:33 - Nov 4 by 442Dale

Why are we comparing it? It's horrible and deserves the ban.

massively out of proportion to anything i've ever seen, why try to defend that?
Login to get fewer ads

Calvin on 21:39 - Nov 4 with 2613 views442Dale

Calvin on 21:37 - Nov 4 by AlexF

massively out of proportion to anything i've ever seen, why try to defend that?

I'm not defending anything. Can totally see why what happened deserved a 12 game ban.

Calvin on 21:48 - Nov 4 with 2549 viewsnordenblue

Calvin on 21:39 - Nov 4 by 442Dale

I'm not defending anything. Can totally see why what happened deserved a 12 game ban.

The punishment has to be comparative though 442,that's what the game should be about equality on decisions,is this the worst thing you've ever seen on a football pitch bar the Cantona(not on the pitch) incident?

I'm all for a ban absolutely but talk about over the top punishment and even more OTT reactions on here,personally think something on the lines of a 6 game ban is about right and max fine by the club.
Calvin on 21:51 - Nov 4 with 2526 viewsAlexF

tell that to any club in the premiership. tell that stinking costa... no chance. Different rules for different levels.
Calvin on 21:55 - Nov 4 with 2507 viewsDaleFan7

Deserves the ban and any punishment the club decide to put on him IMO. No excuse for this in football. Hopefully the length will set an example and not just be an exception.
Calvin on 21:58 - Nov 4 with 2474 views442Dale

Calvin on 21:48 - Nov 4 by nordenblue

The punishment has to be comparative though 442,that's what the game should be about equality on decisions,is this the worst thing you've ever seen on a football pitch bar the Cantona(not on the pitch) incident?

I'm all for a ban absolutely but talk about over the top punishment and even more OTT reactions on here,personally think something on the lines of a 6 game ban is about right and max fine by the club.

Every time I watch it, it gets worse. The only saving grace is that there wasn't real damage caused to the other player. Just because there wasn't, it shouldn't affect the length of the ban.

Up there with one of the worst things I've seen on a pitch because it had zero to do with the ball or a challenge. If that had been a Dale player on the receiving end and his cheekbone smashed, what sort of ban would we want?

As I've said, it's the disappointment that gets me most. Not sure I can remember a time it's been at such a level, because it really is out of character and such a shame.

Calvin on 22:01 - Nov 4 with 2442 views442Dale

Calvin on 21:51 - Nov 4 by AlexF

tell that to any club in the premiership. tell that stinking costa... no chance. Different rules for different levels.

We can only control ourselves. Calvin doesn't do it, none of it matters.

Same with those bookings for dissent.

Same with Henderson reacting to a bad challenge.

Always the same.

Calvin on 22:06 - Nov 4 with 2403 viewsdale1968

Lots of comments here.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Calvin on 22:07 - Nov 4 with 2404 viewsKenBoon

Considering it is his first time in bother you wouldn't have six or three of the twelve games punishment suspended? The assault is terrible but this punishment is far too harsh when compared to others. You can bite, be racist, assault an official, be a drugs cheat, deliberately injure a player, act dead to stop play, spit, punch, elbow, head butt, stamp on Neil Lennon's head or knock someone out with a forearm and get lighter punishments AND it not be your first crime. Morally you could justifying banning Andrew for life, but that isn't how punishment is supposed to work. Limits are put on even terrible things and there are far worse things that have happened, done by far more troublesome players, that have received a lesser punishment.
Calvin on 22:09 - Nov 4 with 2375 viewsnordenblue

Calvin on 21:58 - Nov 4 by 442Dale

Every time I watch it, it gets worse. The only saving grace is that there wasn't real damage caused to the other player. Just because there wasn't, it shouldn't affect the length of the ban.

Up there with one of the worst things I've seen on a pitch because it had zero to do with the ball or a challenge. If that had been a Dale player on the receiving end and his cheekbone smashed, what sort of ban would we want?

As I've said, it's the disappointment that gets me most. Not sure I can remember a time it's been at such a level, because it really is out of character and such a shame.

If we were on the receiving end I'd want something comparable to what's previously been dished out.

Comparisons again but Joey Barton playing for QPR assaulted 2/3 players after being sent off against Man City during the game,having previously detached a team mates retina with a lit cigarette and still received a smaller ban,consistency is what's required that's all.

You'd think Calvin's killed someone how some on here have reacted,he fully deserves a ban and I totally agree it needs more than a standard 3 game but 12 is unfairly obscene however you dress it up.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2016 22:12]
Calvin on 22:09 - Nov 4 with 2375 viewsDaleiLama

Calvin on 21:58 - Nov 4 by 442Dale

Not for a second trying to defend the indefensible 442, but in your own words "it really is out of character". Something extreme has been said or done that made Calvin snap. When that happens, common sense, discretion and decency go out of the window. I think he needs help making sense of why it happened and with prevention of any repeat offence for his and the clubs sake, as he will have a target on his back in future. Everyone has their limits. On this day, at minute 77, Calvin's were exceeded and we can only speculate as to why. You mentioned your kids reaction to it. There's a life lesson for them. Unfortunate indeed that they learned it from one of their heroes.

Calvin on 22:20 - Nov 4 with 2304 viewsDaleiLama

Calvin on 22:06 - Nov 4 by dale1968

Lots of comments here.

Kangaroo court in session ..........

Calvin on 22:21 - Nov 4 with 2296 viewsD_Alien

Calvin on 22:09 - Nov 4 by DaleiLama

Not for a second trying to defend the indefensible 442, but in your own words "it really is out of character". Something extreme has been said or done that made Calvin snap. When that happens, common sense, discretion and decency go out of the window. I think he needs help making sense of why it happened and with prevention of any repeat offence for his and the clubs sake, as he will have a target on his back in future. Everyone has their limits. On this day, at minute 77, Calvin's were exceeded and we can only speculate as to why. You mentioned your kids reaction to it. There's a life lesson for them. Unfortunate indeed that they learned it from one of their heroes.

Important point about limits, Dalei

We all have them, but it's clear that many people posting on this thread have never been in a situation (luckily for them) of having them tested

Calvin on 22:38 - Nov 4 with 2175 viewsBobbyjoe

Calvin on 22:09 - Nov 4 by DaleiLama

If he was provoked he must come out and say what it was. If he was racially abused he must come out and say so. For too long football has refused to air its dirty laundry. There can be no question of protecting a fellow professional. Either he committed an unprovoked, cold-blooded and cowardly assault, or he was subject to an equally "violent" assault, himself.
Calvin on 23:00 - Nov 4 with 2068 viewsDaleiLama

Calvin on 22:38 - Nov 4 by Bobbyjoe

If he was provoked he must come out and say what it was. If he was racially abused he must come out and say so. For too long football has refused to air its dirty laundry. There can be no question of protecting a fellow professional. Either he committed an unprovoked, cold-blooded and cowardly assault, or he was subject to an equally "violent" assault, himself.

I would be amazed if the club and/or Calvin hasn't taken legal advice. I would be equally amazed if that advice didn't include Calvin saying nothing. If you look at the club's statement, it is a copy/paste of the official FA statement. I'm not expecting to hear anything else on the subject unless it goes to court. Suspect Calvin will keep his head down and take his punishment like a man. I wouldn't hold your breath Bobbyjoe.

Calvin on 23:07 - Nov 4 with 2037 viewsD_Alien

Calvin on 23:00 - Nov 4 by DaleiLama

I would be amazed if the club and/or Calvin hasn't taken legal advice. I would be equally amazed if that advice didn't include Calvin saying nothing. If you look at the club's statement, it is a copy/paste of the official FA statement. I'm not expecting to hear anything else on the subject unless it goes to court. Suspect Calvin will keep his head down and take his punishment like a man. I wouldn't hold your breath Bobbyjoe.

Once again, the definitive and only possible repost to those who demand answers to questions they have no right to ask

Calvin on 23:19 - Nov 4 with 1980 viewsDelboy

The most remarkable thing that comes out of this sorry episode is the fact that Calvin a player with 12 years playing experience in a position on the field which by its very nature involves physical or verbal intimidation has never been sent off in his career. This would suggest that he has been very lucky or very careful in his avoidance of a red card. The events that have led up to this mental aboration and what can only be described as a violent assault on his part must have been extrordinary. Although no justification for his actions Calvin owes it to himself and others who have supported him to somehow make it known through whatever means possible as to what exactly provoked such an out of character act.
Calvin on 23:33 - Nov 4 with 1902 viewsD_Alien

Calvin on 23:19 - Nov 4 by Delboy

The most remarkable thing that comes out of this sorry episode is the fact that Calvin a player with 12 years playing experience in a position on the field which by its very nature involves physical or verbal intimidation has never been sent off in his career. This would suggest that he has been very lucky or very careful in his avoidance of a red card. The events that have led up to this mental aboration and what can only be described as a violent assault on his part must have been extrordinary. Although no justification for his actions Calvin owes it to himself and others who have supported him to somehow make it known through whatever means possible as to what exactly provoked such an out of character act.

I agree entirely with your description but unfortunately - and I hope this is the last time this point will have to be made - it won't be within the scope of the advice he will have received for him to make any further comments, except perhaps, sorry. That goes for the club too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024