Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin 11:08 - Nov 2 with 62587 viewsmacro

Charged with violent conduct (I assume it's the challenge which Clarke went mad about)
Club going to protest against it so fingers crossed.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 11:37]
Calvin on 18:28 - Nov 4 with 3938 viewsmingthemerciless

Calvin on 18:20 - Nov 4 by SalwaDale

OK, now I have seen it. Shocking and deserved ban.

I agree. That's a really cowardly action. There's no place for that in football, or rugby.

Why didn't he wait until Clarke got the ball and then really clatter him. I've been known to " accidentally " stumble and pass the ball to an opponent just so I could give them a a good dig.
Calvin on 18:35 - Nov 4 with 3864 viewsfermin

Words fail me. What on earth was he thinking? I can't imagine Hill is too impressed.
Calvin on 18:35 - Nov 4 with 3861 viewsboromat

Now we've seen it yes it's as expected bad but still not sure it warrants 12 matches.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Calvin on 18:35 - Nov 4 with 3852 viewsrichfoad32

Deserves a ban. Let's hope the 12 games is a precedent now though and the F.A. show some consistency next time Fellaini or some other serial offender from one of the 'big boys' decides to go throwing elbows about. Somehow I doubt it.
Calvin on 18:38 - Nov 4 with 3815 viewssykeboy

Calvin on 18:35 - Nov 4 by boromat

Now we've seen it yes it's as expected bad but still not sure it warrants 12 matches.

Wow that's bad if it happened to a Dale player we the fans would be going mad but have to agree given previous bans 12 matches does seem over the top
Calvin on 18:40 - Nov 4 with 3783 viewsYorkshire_Dale

.....and still none of us saw it....I was directly in line with the incident (end seat of main stand 5 rows up).

Nawty stuff Big Cal.......may get targeted now?
Calvin on 18:41 - Nov 4 with 3764 viewsKenBoon

Calvin on 18:27 - Nov 4 by Harry_Dale

I rarely comment on this board, but I feel I have to on this.

This is a premeditated assault, basically. If anyone of us did this in our workplace, or for that matter in Rochdale after 10 pints we'd be up before the courts for assault/GBH.

Not good from him! The ban is desereved.

Detriments our season massively. Ill jusdged and selfish action.

If you'd done it in an octagon you'd have won a UFC Championship. If you'd done it in a Wrestling ring you could have gone for a pin cover.

He did it on a Football pitch and not in an office or outside a pub. This argument that "if you did that on the street you'd be ruddy well in jail" is stupid because it's totally different to actual reality, where a sports pitch or arena is different to an office. I personally am not allowed to gob on the floor of where I work but I think it's okay for Footballers to do it where they work.
Oh and it's not premeditated assault. It's still disgusting though.
Calvin on 18:44 - Nov 4 with 3731 viewsSuddenLad

Undoubtedly deserves a ban, but under no circumstances should it be a 12 match ban for someone with an exemplary disciplinary record.

The fact that Calvin admitted the charge, should have been taken into account. He's no Joey Barton and Cantona only got the same sentence for his dive into the crowd. Hardly comparable.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Calvin on 18:47 - Nov 4 with 3678 views442Dale

Calvin on 18:35 - Nov 4 by fermin

Words fail me. What on earth was he thinking? I can't imagine Hill is too impressed.

This is the line in the sand moment. No more excuses about other teams or referees,let's look at ourselves.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Calvin on 18:47 - Nov 4 with 3679 viewsBartRowou

I've managed to reduce this to 6 league games which means he'll be back for Chesterfield on Boxing Day:

win the Checkatrade game meaning another game in December (2 games)
get two replays in the FA Cup (4 games)

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Calvin on 18:48 - Nov 4 with 3656 viewsSalwaDale

Calvin on 18:44 - Nov 4 by SuddenLad

Undoubtedly deserves a ban, but under no circumstances should it be a 12 match ban for someone with an exemplary disciplinary record.

The fact that Calvin admitted the charge, should have been taken into account. He's no Joey Barton and Cantona only got the same sentence for his dive into the crowd. Hardly comparable.

This does set a precedent and as long as the precedent is followed then fair enough. We'll only really have issues if a similar type of incident sees a much shorter ban.

TBBT

Calvin on 18:48 - Nov 4 with 3653 viewsjimmysbaldhead

It's bloody horrible. Didn't think Calvin had that in him. 12 games is a long ban but watching that and taking my Dale tinted glasses off I'm finding it hard to argue with.
Calvin on 18:50 - Nov 4 with 3602 viewsdingdangblue

Madness from Calvin. Not quite sure how they've decided on 12 game ban for someone with no previous record of this kind of thing - and going off previous bans its the WORST punishment ever apart from Eric's kung fu kick?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Calvin on 18:54 - Nov 4 with 3560 viewsrichfoad32

Calvin on 18:47 - Nov 4 by BartRowou

I've managed to reduce this to 6 league games which means he'll be back for Chesterfield on Boxing Day:

win the Checkatrade game meaning another game in December (2 games)
get two replays in the FA Cup (4 games)

Do Checkatrade games count though? This is going to be a huge headache for Hilly, especially as Calvin is a presence defensively also. It's a shame because he's done a great job at left back but it may mean pushing Bunney back up top whilst the ban is in place?
Calvin on 18:55 - Nov 4 with 3541 viewsfitzochris

Calvin on 18:47 - Nov 4 by 442Dale

This is the line in the sand moment. No more excuses about other teams or referees,let's look at ourselves.

I want to know how the football people view it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Calvin on 18:55 - Nov 4 with 3534 viewsPhil

According to Soccerbase, Calvin has never been red carded in his entire career! 300+ games. And this for a player who, as a target-man centre forward, must have been subjected to kicks and elbows every single game. The elbow is clearly a bad one but I for one will give Calvin the benefit of the doubt that it was one "red mist" moment that is completely out of character. The ban itself is immense and the media will now paint Calvin as committing one of the worst offences in English football. It isn't. One elbow to the face is just as dangerous as any other, whether it is premeditated or not, and some very high-profile players (supposed "role models") have had 3-4 match bans for deliberate elbows. Would Rooney etc have had a 12 match ban for this .. no chance. Let's hope the rest of the team are spurred on, and once Calvin has served his time he can come back better than ever.
Calvin on 18:58 - Nov 4 with 3489 viewsD_Alien

Calvin on 18:27 - Nov 4 by Harry_Dale

I rarely comment on this board, but I feel I have to on this.

This is a premeditated assault, basically. If anyone of us did this in our workplace, or for that matter in Rochdale after 10 pints we'd be up before the courts for assault/GBH.

Not good from him! The ban is desereved.

Detriments our season massively. Ill jusdged and selfish action.

I hear what you're saying, and agree in the main. What I'd add though, is what other place of work would it be possible for such a gentle giant (which he is, normally) to be constantly assaulted as a routine part of your job, and (normally) just get on with it? I've already said it's no excuse, but severe provocation is a factor; so let's not confuse this with the actions of someone who goes looking for trouble

Your point about GBH is precisely why the FA/the club may have chosen not disclose further details; they're out there now anyway

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Calvin on 19:01 - Nov 4 with 3455 viewsupthedale2403

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3906054/
Calvin on 19:03 - Nov 4 with 3423 viewsupthedale2403

Calvin on 19:01 - Nov 4 by upthedale2403

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3906054/

Silly boy
Calvin on 19:03 - Nov 4 with 3420 viewsBartRowou

Royston Keane was given a 3 match ban and fined £5000 for this (it was increased when he gobbed off about it).

Calvin on 19:06 - Nov 4 with 3372 viewsBartRowou

Calvin on 18:54 - Nov 4 by richfoad32

Do Checkatrade games count though? This is going to be a huge headache for Hilly, especially as Calvin is a presence defensively also. It's a shame because he's done a great job at left back but it may mean pushing Bunney back up top whilst the ban is in place?

Just read the Daily Mail link above and they say Checkatrade games do count as proper football.

Calvin on 19:06 - Nov 4 with 3367 viewsrochedale

Will it be league or league and cup? If it is league matches he is banned for the soonest he will be back playing is Saturday 28th away v Wimbledon.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Calvin on 19:10 - Nov 4 with 3308 viewsDaley_Lama

12 game ban - right for me.

Something obviously caused Andrew to do this, something said or done by Clarke but this is irrelevant.

See you in Jan Calv!

Poll: DF in or out

Calvin on 19:12 - Nov 4 with 3278 viewsBobbyjoe

Calvin on 18:55 - Nov 4 by Phil

According to Soccerbase, Calvin has never been red carded in his entire career! 300+ games. And this for a player who, as a target-man centre forward, must have been subjected to kicks and elbows every single game. The elbow is clearly a bad one but I for one will give Calvin the benefit of the doubt that it was one "red mist" moment that is completely out of character. The ban itself is immense and the media will now paint Calvin as committing one of the worst offences in English football. It isn't. One elbow to the face is just as dangerous as any other, whether it is premeditated or not, and some very high-profile players (supposed "role models") have had 3-4 match bans for deliberate elbows. Would Rooney etc have had a 12 match ban for this .. no chance. Let's hope the rest of the team are spurred on, and once Calvin has served his time he can come back better than ever.

Looks like pre-meditated cold blood rather than "red mist" to me. Should be sacked on the spot unless he apologises unreservedly, and explains what prompted it.The only thing that can in any way mitigate it would be if he had been racially abused, in which case I would have some sympathy.
Calvin on 19:16 - Nov 4 with 3228 viewsPDIDDY

Disgusting elbow, but it's Peter Clarkes fault , so some on here said ( because he's been doing it all his career. Pathetic .

Gissa job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024