Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window 10:30 - Jan 30 with 11000 viewsKeithHaynes

Here’s hoping the talking will stop and the action starts. Russell Martin has hinted at late signings. But we all know one or two won’t fix it.

We have been talking for over a week to two players, one striker we approached two weeks ago seems a gonna. And of course the countless others we don’t know about.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 21:51 - Jan 30 with 1754 viewsguthrieintherain

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 21:00 - Jan 30 by sw02sea

Perhaps that’s why Andy Scott fecked off.
You Can almost guarantee that after tomorrow’s window fades, so will our hopes.
We ain’t going to get anyone to make a significant difference, to the indifference we already have.
That’s what these owners do, feck all that involves their own money 💰

Why are they going to gift us money.
They are not a charity.

But over the last 5 seasons have spent 126 million on transfer fees.
3rd highest in the Championship upto the end of last season.
We have received the most in as well 196 million.

But that was required due to the huge shortfall in revenue after relegation.

We need to be sustainable and we are due to them sales

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 21:55 - Jan 30 with 1716 viewsAndyCole

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 20:28 - Jan 30 by Thornburyswan

Having let Whittaker & Cullen exit on loan (plus I’m assuming Pato will go tomorrow) that leaves only Piroe & Obafemi as our goal threat - if either picked up a meaningful injury we’d have no cover & goal scoring is, for me, our bigger weakness than our defending.

Our defence is so our achilles heel, by some distance. We are all over the shop with our imbalanced back 3 of mis-shaped pegs and holes.

Which is why our CMs have to drop so deep, so often, and our go-fwd is stinted.

A proper ball playing, driving CB (a la Darling) is our biggest opportunity and our biggest threat.. Ask any of our non-defence players, they'll tell you the same.

Ergo, CB is our greatest need.

Let's all hope Burns is a Brucie Bonus. And we get the 2 permanents the whole of Swansea is anticipating.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 22:01 - Jan 30 with 1709 viewsjasper_T

We're set up with a front 5 of Piroe, Wolf/Ntcham, Smith, Christie and Latibeaudiere and wondering why we can't move the forward quicker? Who are they supposed to pass to?
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 22:07 - Jan 30 with 1688 viewsunion_jack

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 21:55 - Jan 30 by AndyCole

Our defence is so our achilles heel, by some distance. We are all over the shop with our imbalanced back 3 of mis-shaped pegs and holes.

Which is why our CMs have to drop so deep, so often, and our go-fwd is stinted.

A proper ball playing, driving CB (a la Darling) is our biggest opportunity and our biggest threat.. Ask any of our non-defence players, they'll tell you the same.

Ergo, CB is our greatest need.

Let's all hope Burns is a Brucie Bonus. And we get the 2 permanents the whole of Swansea is anticipating.

To quote the Phil on the other site, “we were very defensive in our play against Hull except where it mattered”.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 22:11 - Jan 30 with 1680 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 22:01 - Jan 30 by jasper_T

We're set up with a front 5 of Piroe, Wolf/Ntcham, Smith, Christie and Latibeaudiere and wondering why we can't move the forward quicker? Who are they supposed to pass to?

Swans always played well as a standard 4; 2; 3: 1.

Sure we don't have the likes of Michu and Siggy but its our way.
I hated watching Cooperball, anti-football.

So …. Its a real shame we don't have wingers like Nathan and Wayne.
Why aren’t we producing our own young wingers ?

Beware of the Risen People

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 23:20 - Jan 30 with 1553 viewsmahoss

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:02 - Jan 30 by pete

more than 2 needed more like 4 or 5 but thats our owners true to form am sorry to say

I,m wondering if they are looking at our league position and the way we are playing.
Got to be having an affect on decision making ,why splash the cash right now, this season we,re going nowhere.
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 23:23 - Jan 30 with 1535 viewsAndyCole

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:57 - Jan 30 by magicdaps10

You don't think we are threadbare after looking at yesterday's squad?
I will put my hand up and say I forgot Downes yesterday but I think it would be hard for anyone to say that we are not low on numbers.

An interesting post, Daps.

You weren't the only one to 'forget' Downes' absence yesterday. Barely a mention across multiple matchday threads.

If our defence stood up, with a proper ball playing, driving CB, the likes of Downes would be even less missed.

Yet, for me Downes' absence and (understandably rusty) Fulton's inclusion was a massive negative delta.

Martin played Fulton out of position in CDM (when his confidence was shot). Smith should have anchored, allowing Grimes to push and Fulton to support in the AM role where he blossomed in his partnership with Ayew.

Martin's ongoing lack of understanding of pegs 'n holes is scary. As heck.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 23:36 - Jan 30 with 1523 viewsChief

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 23:23 - Jan 30 by AndyCole

You weren't the only one to 'forget' Downes' absence yesterday. Barely a mention across multiple matchday threads.

If our defence stood up, with a proper ball playing, driving CB, the likes of Downes would be even less missed.

Yet, for me Downes' absence and (understandably rusty) Fulton's inclusion was a massive negative delta.

Martin played Fulton out of position in CDM (when his confidence was shot). Smith should have anchored, allowing Grimes to push and Fulton to support in the AM role where he blossomed in his partnership with Ayew.

Fully committing to the single dot sign off then?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 08:07 - Jan 31 with 1354 viewsmagicdaps10

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 23:23 - Jan 30 by AndyCole

Not sure if it was in the match day thread but some posters had mentioned how we missed Downes. Think as it was just a 1 match ban and he is back for Luton, not many fans dwelled on his absence too much.

Martin knows what he needs in the areas of the pitch, he is stating that we need players to the press. There is only so much you can do with the players than are given to you when he wants the players to compliment the team.

Today will give us some idea but feel that the club will let all down once again.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 09:49 - Jan 31 with 1206 viewsCatullus

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 22:11 - Jan 30 by Kilkennyjack

Swans always played well as a standard 4; 2; 3: 1.

Sure we don't have the likes of Michu and Siggy but its our way.
I hated watching Cooperball, anti-football.

So …. Its a real shame we don't have wingers like Nathan and Wayne.
Why aren’t we producing our own young wingers ?

I agree, why aren't we trying to fill that gap. Just as salient a point to myself is, why are we (well Martin) so determined to use wing backs (and yes I've said it before) when they are so high up they can't get back to defend? Why can't we bring in wingers instead of wing backs? Players with pace AND attacking flair, because Latibeaudiere doesn't have those.

I don't expect much from today and if we don't get much then martin has to be pragmatic and change tactics or he'll find the crowd will turn. he said it himself, it should be fun and it's not.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 10:00 - Jan 31 with 1179 viewsChief

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 09:49 - Jan 31 by Catullus

I agree, why aren't we trying to fill that gap. Just as salient a point to myself is, why are we (well Martin) so determined to use wing backs (and yes I've said it before) when they are so high up they can't get back to defend? Why can't we bring in wingers instead of wing backs? Players with pace AND attacking flair, because Latibeaudiere doesn't have those.

I don't expect much from today and if we don't get much then martin has to be pragmatic and change tactics or he'll find the crowd will turn. he said it himself, it should be fun and it's not.

Yea I'm a bit confused as to why some people on twitter etc are saying it's going to be mad and hectic.

Only a possible of 2 can still realistically go - Dhanda&Paterson.

And all the rumour is that only 1 will come in. The rumours around the likes of Quina/Fraser at moment are that they aren't coming.

Which begs the question, what was the point of this meeting. The 2 signings due were reported prior to this meeting and the Dhanda & Paterson situation are well documented.

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 10:00 - Jan 31 with 1171 viewsonehunglow

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 09:49 - Jan 31 by Catullus

Absolutely.
Do you feel he is incompetent ,false or simply misunderstood

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 13:58 - Jan 31 with 929 viewscontroversial_jack

Don't expect much today, Yanks have their phones switched off again. RM left the training field in a rip
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:08 - Jan 31 with 891 viewsjasper_T

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 13:58 - Jan 31 by controversial_jack

Don't expect much today, Yanks have their phones switched off again. RM left the training field in a rip

Why would the owners need their phones switched on? Winter's the man who will sign off on everything. Or not sign off as was the case with Huw three years ago.

It's only 9am in the Eastern US anyway.
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:09 - Jan 31 with 881 viewsThornburyswan

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 13:58 - Jan 31 by controversial_jack

US only just waking up boys, once they’ve had their muesli they’ll be all over it ;-)
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:13 - Jan 31 with 866 viewsonehunglow

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 08:07 - Jan 31 by magicdaps10

Not sure if it was in the match day thread but some posters had mentioned how we missed Downes. Think as it was just a 1 match ban and he is back for Luton, not many fans dwelled on his absence too much.

Martin knows what he needs in the areas of the pitch, he is stating that we need players to the press. There is only so much you can do with the players than are given to you when he wants the players to compliment the team.

Today will give us some idea but feel that the club will let all down once again.

Wouldn’t be too sure what Russ is sure about. Aese n elbow spring to mind

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:20 - Jan 31 with 845 viewscontroversial_jack

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:08 - Jan 31 by jasper_T

Why would the owners need their phones switched on? Winter's the man who will sign off on everything. Or not sign off as was the case with Huw three years ago.

It's only 9am in the Eastern US anyway.

You think Winters in charge of the purse strings?Ok!
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:21 - Jan 31 with 833 viewsonehunglow

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:20 - Jan 31 by controversial_jack

You think Winters in charge of the purse strings?Ok!

You think we have a purse .

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:25 - Jan 31 with 813 viewspete

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:21 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

You think we have a purse .

lol we have one but no one can find the key
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:28 - Jan 31 with 800 viewsonehunglow

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:25 - Jan 31 by pete

lol we have one but no one can find the key

Key ,would be assuming we have the means .
I d say string more like

It’s why I’m upset today to see Brentford sign Eriksen.

Brentford ,a club we took the urine out of. We are sucking it up for sure

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:28 - Jan 31 with 804 viewsraynor94

Hans Christian Anderson

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:30 - Jan 31 with 786 viewsThornburyswan

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:28 - Jan 31 by raynor94

Hans Christian Anderson

Yup I’m hearing he’s at Rossis for a sausage, not sure if he went battered or not!
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:32 - Jan 31 with 664 viewsguthrieintherain

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:28 - Jan 31 by raynor94

Hans Christian Anderson

Has the meeting finished yet or have they adjourned for tea

Start of the window I thought we cant afford Marks and Spencer but I will settle for Sainsburys or Tescos.

Then I lowered my expectation to Asda then Aldi now down to Home bargains with Poundland fast approaching.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 15:37]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:43 - Jan 31 with 611 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 21:00 - Jan 30 by sw02sea

Perhaps that’s why Andy Scott fecked off.
You Can almost guarantee that after tomorrow’s window fades, so will our hopes.
We ain’t going to get anyone to make a significant difference, to the indifference we already have.
That’s what these owners do, feck all that involves their own money 💰

The Supporters Trust have £880,000 getting nothing in Santander. 5% on offer in the Convertible loan note. Pick up the phone and give them a call. The cheque should be ready about this time 2025.

21% owners £250K spent on legal advice for something that happened close on 6 years ago,

The FANS can invest at least £440k as owners. Where is the money?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:45 - Jan 31 with 595 viewsChief

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:43 - Jan 31 by ReslovenSwan1

The Supporters Trust have £880,000 getting nothing in Santander. 5% on offer in the Convertible loan note. Pick up the phone and give them a call. The cheque should be ready about this time 2025.

21% owners £250K spent on legal advice for something that happened close on 6 years ago,

The FANS can invest at least £440k as owners. Where is the money?

But you know that they can't. So why keep banging on about it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024