Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window 10:30 - Jan 30 with 11003 viewsKeithHaynes

Here’s hoping the talking will stop and the action starts. Russell Martin has hinted at late signings. But we all know one or two won’t fix it.

We have been talking for over a week to two players, one striker we approached two weeks ago seems a gonna. And of course the countless others we don’t know about.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window (n/t) on 14:17 - Jan 30 with 2270 viewslifelong

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 13:53 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

We are.
If you have ambition that is.

We are bringing in waifs and strays who are ineffectual.

We are not building anything at all

[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 16:25]
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:54 - Jan 30 with 2172 viewsmarchamjack

Could’ve sworn someone on here was telling us all, don’t worry, that Silverstein was coming over with his wealth of American business acumen and would be sorting out this transfer window

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:57 - Jan 30 with 2162 viewscimlaswan

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 10:56 - Jan 30 by union_jack

I think we are going to be very disappointed come Tuesday morning. No inside knowledge, just a feeling in my water.

Our last day deals are always underwhelming and disappointing.

They may surprise us tomorrow but probably won't.
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:10 - Jan 30 with 2098 viewsFlashberryjack

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 14:57 - Jan 30 by cimlaswan

Our last day deals are always underwhelming and disappointing.

They may surprise us tomorrow but probably won't.

Be prepared to be disappointed.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:20 - Jan 30 with 2081 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 12:27 - Jan 30 by Badlands

If we'd a competent striker we would have drawn the game yesterday.
If we had replaced Grimes with a stronger personality and slightly more attacking mindset we might have won the game.
If Martin had realised he need to prepare the team to be ready to play all out from the whistle we would not have been two down so easily.
The system works when the midfield wakes up even with poor front line.

Piroe was top three in the division for goals to minutes played. We dropped Bidwell and play three defensive midfielders and it all went to sh*t.

We need to take the handbrakes (Grimes and Smith out of the team). Get in a tidy LWB and one good midfield player to play alongside Downes and hopefully the ball should get forward at the speed needed to get in behind teams and create chances .

Piroe will score , but he can’t work off scraps

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:26 - Jan 30 with 2066 viewsmagicdaps10

If we are only looking at 2 then we are in trouble.

The squad was threadbare yesterday and the only player who could be available from that squad is Paterson and that's if he is not sold and/or gets us head in line.

We need about 5! Over the years I would have said more numbers than we really needed but we definetly need around 5, could argue we needed 6.

We went into the summer window needing 1 x forward and 1 x defender, we got that but sold one if each before we did it, realistically we needed the numbers plus replacements who left.....the fans and management were hoodwinked.

The fact that we let Whittaker and Cullen go, both have a combined appearances of 15 and not got a replacement in but just recalled Joseph! This is not making the squad stronger.
We let Williams go back to Liverpool and look set to replace him with a kid with 1 Cup app to his name! This us not making the squad stronger.

These are 2 areas(scoring and defending) where we need to add quality to give us a chance and it looks like we are taking another gamble. If we are not going to get consistency or someone with some kind of quality who has established themselves for atleast a season or 2 in senior football then we are in trouble.

If the scouting network are not backed or even trusted then ultimately we are wasting money by employing them! We can go on about names of the scouting team and what they are doing but if they don't get supported then it all means diddly squat.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:38 - Jan 30 with 2020 viewspete

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:26 - Jan 30 by magicdaps10

The squad was threadbare yesterday and the only player who could be available from that squad is Paterson and that's if he is not sold and/or gets us head in line.

We need about 5! Over the years I would have said more numbers than we really needed but we definetly need around 5, could argue we needed 6.

We went into the summer window needing 1 x forward and 1 x defender, we got that but sold one if each before we did it, realistically we needed the numbers plus replacements who left.....the fans and management were hoodwinked.

The fact that we let Whittaker and Cullen go, both have a combined appearances of 15 and not got a replacement in but just recalled Joseph! This is not making the squad stronger.
We let Williams go back to Liverpool and look set to replace him with a kid with 1 Cup app to his name! This us not making the squad stronger.

These are 2 areas(scoring and defending) where we need to add quality to give us a chance and it looks like we are taking another gamble. If we are not going to get consistency or someone with some kind of quality who has established themselves for atleast a season or 2 in senior football then we are in trouble.

If the scouting network are not backed or even trusted then ultimately we are wasting money by employing them! We can go on about names of the scouting team and what they are doing but if they don't get supported then it all means diddly squat.

unfortunatly you are 100 p c correct but with these owners its what we have to put up with , hope to goodness i am wrong but going on past windows we will be lucky to get 2 in
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:43 - Jan 30 with 1998 viewsWhiterockin

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:38 - Jan 30 by pete

unfortunatly you are 100 p c correct but with these owners its what we have to put up with , hope to goodness i am wrong but going on past windows we will be lucky to get 2 in

Remind me who did we sign in the last window.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:52 - Jan 30 with 1962 viewsBadlands

How were we threadbare?
The only change from previous three games was Fulton for Paterson

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:56 - Jan 30 with 1956 viewscimlaswan

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 12:27 - Jan 30 by Badlands

If we'd a competent striker we would have drawn the game yesterday.
If we had replaced Grimes with a stronger personality and slightly more attacking mindset we might have won the game.
If Martin had realised he need to prepare the team to be ready to play all out from the whistle we would not have been two down so easily.
The system works when the midfield wakes up even with poor front line.

We do have a competent striker. He's not getting competent service.
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:57 - Jan 30 with 1951 viewsmagicdaps10

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:52 - Jan 30 by Badlands

How were we threadbare?
The only change from previous three games was Fulton for Paterson

You don't think we are threadbare after looking at yesterday's squad?
I will put my hand up and say I forgot Downes yesterday but I think it would be hard for anyone to say that we are not low on numbers.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 16:26 - Jan 30 with 1865 viewsThornburyswan

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:57 - Jan 30 by magicdaps10

You don't think we are threadbare after looking at yesterday's squad?
I will put my hand up and say I forgot Downes yesterday but I think it would be hard for anyone to say that we are not low on numbers.

Think it’s currently 9 out & 4 in if we count Joseph’s recall - soon to be 5 with the Citeh CB so not sure I’d say threadbare but we definitely need a minimum of 2, ideally 3 in tomorrow - LWB, CAM & CF option for me.
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 16:33 - Jan 30 with 1840 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 16:26 - Jan 30 by Thornburyswan

Think it’s currently 9 out & 4 in if we count Joseph’s recall - soon to be 5 with the Citeh CB so not sure I’d say threadbare but we definitely need a minimum of 2, ideally 3 in tomorrow - LWB, CAM & CF option for me.

👍

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56905/finley-burns-signs

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 16:35 - Jan 30 with 1832 viewsQJumpingJack

I can't see any loan signings coming in (from Man City) unless Patterson is sold first.
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 16:35 - Jan 30 with 1824 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 16:35 - Jan 30 by QJumpingJack

I can't see any loan signings coming in (from Man City) unless Patterson is sold first.

He’s already here mate.

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 16:38 - Jan 30 with 1802 viewsQJumpingJack

I meant McAtee and one other player.
Burns arriving suggests a transfer deal has now been agreed with Patterson.
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 16:41 - Jan 30 with 1774 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 16:38 - Jan 30 by QJumpingJack

It’s going to be one hell of a day tomorrow for sure. .

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 16:46 - Jan 30 with 1760 viewsguthrieintherain

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 16:38 - Jan 30 by QJumpingJack

Yes you could be right perhaps Martin will play him behind Piroe.

Nothing would surprise me lately.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 17:15 - Jan 30 with 1681 viewsNotLoyal

The player from man City can't be that bad, But I still agree cooper would have been better.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 18:33 - Jan 30 with 1483 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 16:26 - Jan 30 by Thornburyswan

Why a CF? Out of interest

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 19:18 - Jan 30 with 1399 viewsyatesie3

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 18:33 - Jan 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Because when the goals from piroe dry up where would a goal come from?!
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 20:16 - Jan 30 with 1267 viewsmax936

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 19:18 - Jan 30 by yatesie3

Because when the goals from piroe dry up where would a goal come from?!

I don't fancy that Wells guy, he can't get a game for Brizzie City

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 20:28 - Jan 30 with 1217 viewsThornburyswan

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 18:33 - Jan 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Having let Whittaker & Cullen exit on loan (plus I’m assuming Pato will go tomorrow) that leaves only Piroe & Obafemi as our goal threat - if either picked up a meaningful injury we’d have no cover & goal scoring is, for me, our bigger weakness than our defending.
Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 21:00 - Jan 30 with 1133 viewsmax936

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 20:28 - Jan 30 by Thornburyswan

Having let Whittaker & Cullen exit on loan (plus I’m assuming Pato will go tomorrow) that leaves only Piroe & Obafemi as our goal threat - if either picked up a meaningful injury we’d have no cover & goal scoring is, for me, our bigger weakness than our defending.

Our play has to get quicker for Piroe and Oba to score, our build up play is to static, halfway line and we start piddling about passing back and forth, when we do get it near to the oppo's penalty area, they are already there organised and waiting for us, then we end up with the ball back on halfway with the opo pushing us back, which inevitably ends up with the ball passed back to Hamer

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 21:00 - Jan 30 with 1131 viewssw02sea

Swans hierarchy meeting today regards this transfer window on 15:26 - Jan 30 by magicdaps10

Perhaps that’s why Andy Scott fecked off.
You Can almost guarantee that after tomorrow’s window fades, so will our hopes.
We ain’t going to get anyone to make a significant difference, to the indifference we already have.
That’s what these owners do, feck all that involves their own money 💰
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024