Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets on Sunday 19:31 - Feb 24 with 282798 viewsEllDale

They’re tweeting that their “matchday operations” are being restricted for the home game against Barrow on Sunday for reasons that they don’t want to divulge at the moment.
The bottom line is that the crowd capacity is limited to 920 and there will be no cash admissions on the day.
Wonder what that’s all about?
Hornets on Sunday on 18:31 - Aug 21 with 4975 viewsHullDale

The irony...

'... sweat the asset...'

ie - own a ground, make as much commercial revenue as possible, make sure anything you do is profitable and worthwhile as a landlord / stadium owner.

Fiji, anyone?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 18:32]
Hornets on Sunday on 19:11 - Aug 21 with 4899 views49thseason

Fiji was never going to make any money for RAFC, quite the opposite it would have cost us money.
Sweating the asset is a great sentiment, on balance there are probably 320 days of the year that the COA should be bringing in income....an onsite take away... meeting rooms, training events, weddings, funerals, company Christmas parties, beer festivals, car boot sales, the list is almost endless and each one is a great marketing opportunity. The prices seem reasonable but I have never seen them promoted

.. https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/commercial/room-hire--events/
Hornets on Sunday on 21:41 - Aug 21 with 4674 viewsHullDale

If i was to sponsor Hornets, having read through their commercial brochure, would I be in a position to challenge for some money back?

https://issuu.com/rochdalehornets/docs/rochdale_hornets_commercial_brochure_2022

They have been using the Fiji game (now not happening) as a selling point for sponsors.

& don't even get me started on Mazey's deleted tweets this weekend...

& finally - does Mazey know that everyone on twitter can see his 'liked tweets' - people including the RFL, who wouldn't take too kindly to him liking tweets from an alleged homophobe?

Its a mess, its embarassing, & they are quickly being found out. Promotion looks unlikely, crowds are dwindling, sponsors are asking questions. What next?
Hornets on Sunday on 21:53 - Aug 21 with 4645 viewsEllDale

I feel sorry to an extent for Andy Mazey.
On form they won’t get out of their division and must be losing money.
A lot of the second and third tier professional rugby clubs expressed “grave concern” last week about funding reduction and how they feel the RFL “mislead” them about how the top 20 clubs were going to regrouped into two divisions sharing TV funding.
This isn’t going to happen now. Newcastle for one club are going to revert to part time as a result.
Are Hornets a club who’ve signed a lot of experienced but expensive players in the hope of being in that mythical top 20?
The guy who talked about “football fairies” was responding to a tweet of mine which I laughed off and it looks very much like he’s the father of Hornets player Dan Nixon which could cause real embarrassment if I wanted to make an issue out of it.
Hornets on Sunday on 22:04 - Aug 21 with 4594 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 21:53 - Aug 21 by EllDale

A lot of the second and third tier professional rugby clubs expressed “grave concern” last week about funding reduction and how they feel the RFL “mislead” them about how the top 20 clubs were going to regrouped into two divisions sharing TV funding.
This isn’t going to happen now. Newcastle for one club are going to revert to part time as a result.
Are Hornets a club who’ve signed a lot of experienced but expensive players in the hope of being in that mythical top 20?
The guy who talked about “football fairies” was responding to a tweet of mine which I laughed off and it looks very much like he’s the father of Hornets player Dan Nixon which could cause real embarrassment if I wanted to make an issue out of it.

Hopefully nobody will contact his employer and point out Andrew Curran received an FA charge for a similar phrase. I’m sure customers like Audi and Coca Cola wouldn’t want that kind of person involved with working with their company.
Hornets on Sunday on 22:17 - Aug 21 with 4560 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Hornets on Sunday on 21:53 - Aug 21 by EllDale

Sorry for Mazey? Really?? Look into his dealings with Leigh, Swinton & now Hornets more closely & you may wish to revise that opinion. I know some Swinton fans who would love to meet Andy again, to have a chat about his tenure with them…
Hornets on Sunday on 00:00 - Aug 22 with 4435 viewspioneer

looking increasingly like it will be A627m derby mark 3 in the play offs with Hornets at “home” wherever that might be.
Hornets on Sunday on 19:11 - Aug 25 with 3799 viewsEllDale

Apologies yet again for bumping this one but a friend of mine who plays for Keighley has told me that when they play at the COA next week that the game has been designated as all ticket due to “ground restrictions”.
It will be interesting to see what the visitor’s allocation will be. They’re being crowned as unbeaten champions at home this week when they expect a crowd of around 3000 and a heck of a lot of those will want to be there on Sunday week to see if they can finish the season with a 100% win record.
Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on Sunday on 20:50 - Aug 25 with 3685 viewsDalenet

Hornets on Sunday on 19:11 - Aug 25 by EllDale

Apologies yet again for bumping this one but a friend of mine who plays for Keighley has told me that when they play at the COA next week that the game has been designated as all ticket due to “ground restrictions”.
It will be interesting to see what the visitor’s allocation will be. They’re being crowned as unbeaten champions at home this week when they expect a crowd of around 3000 and a heck of a lot of those will want to be there on Sunday week to see if they can finish the season with a 100% win record.

It'll be up to Mazey to pay for the extra costs of opening the full stand I guess. Surely higher ticket revenue covers the extra costs. Its in his hands. Didn't he do that for the Swinton game?
Hornets on Sunday on 21:29 - Aug 25 with 3598 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 19:11 - Aug 25 by EllDale

Hornets look at being in end of season mode judging by the last few weeks performances against the better clubs and today's marketing for Sunday's game entitled "Injuries, suspensions and recalls decimate Hornets’ Squad" which is not that enticing for a game against West Wales Raiders and won't be a sellout.

I'm not sure how many Keighley fans will bother next week with a dead rubber after what I am sure will be a massive party at Cougar Park.

It's also interesting that Hornets haven't published their attendances since May (which I am pretty sure is against the RFL rules) but those games where there are figures show:
https://stats.rugbyleaguerecords.com/teamseason.php?cat=14&subcat=2022

North Wales Crusaders - 448
Hunslet - 415
Oldham - 920
Midlands Hurricanes - 327
Doncaster - 354

The safety and capacity was covered at the Fans Forum:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/july/statement_27.07.22/

RAFC as the legal owner is legally responsible for all events that operate at the stadium by any party. All events, including the hosting of Rochdale Hornets fixtures and/or any international fixtures operate under the RAFC safety certificate and therefore the responsibilities of the Board of Directors.

The Ground is named in the legislation here:
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/661/made/data.xht?view=snippet&wrap

I don't think Keighley will bring 3,000 to Spotland!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hornets on Sunday on 21:38 - Aug 25 with 3585 viewsEllDale

Even if they wanted to bring 700 I doubt if Hornets would allow them so many tickets.
Hornets on Sunday on 21:59 - Aug 25 with 3541 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 21:38 - Aug 25 by EllDale

Even if they wanted to bring 700 I doubt if Hornets would allow them so many tickets.

How many Rochdale Hornets fans are there looking at that previous data? 300?

Based on previous attendances Hornets would be foolish to not sell Keighley as many tickets as are needed to completely sell out!

It's what we would do if we played a team that would bring a massive away following.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Hornets on Sunday on 22:12 - Aug 25 with 3497 views442Dale

Hornets on Sunday on 21:59 - Aug 25 by RAFCBLUE

How many Rochdale Hornets fans are there looking at that previous data? 300?

Based on previous attendances Hornets would be foolish to not sell Keighley as many tickets as are needed to completely sell out!

It's what we would do if we played a team that would bring a massive away following.

Would hope we wouldn’t! Isn’t that what happened v Sunderland, leading to home fans having to move and being rightly criticised?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets on Sunday on 22:20 - Aug 25 with 3441 viewsRAFCBLUE

I agree 442 that ticketing is a balance to get right and in rugby league I believe fans of both teams sit together without segregation so its not a case of moving fans.

My point was more if you've say 1600 seats to sell and could sell 1300 to Keighley and sell 300 to home fans and that would be better than selling only 1000 to Keighley and risking having 300 empty seats.

Looking at Twitter, it looks like there are some who are not happy:
[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 22:30]

Hornets on Sunday on 22:30 - Aug 25 with 3421 views442Dale

Hornets on Sunday on 22:20 - Aug 25 by RAFCBLUE

I agree 442 that ticketing is a balance to get right and in rugby league I believe fans of both teams sit together without segregation so its not a case of moving fans.

My point was more if you've say 1600 seats to sell and could sell 1300 to Keighley and sell 300 to home fans and that would be better than selling only 1000 to Keighley and risking having 300 empty seats.

Looking at Twitter, it looks like there are some who are not happy:
[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 22:30]

Yeah, different for rugby for sure. But as that Sunderland debacle showed, we should not be thinking of giving up any home areas at the expense of upsetting home fans, which it did. Especially when we have an away end that is more than generous!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets on Sunday on 23:23 - Aug 25 with 3363 viewsSandyman

As an aside, our spellcheckers should have a look at Hornets TotalRL forum, where the insignificant "Big Doug" vents his spleen so angrily. His spelling is hilarious.
But then again, we're "obssed" according to him

He's that mind warped he has to be a bury fan! We used to use bury as the go to place for a laugh. Still do. "Big Doug" is kindly providing a suitable alternative from the hairnets fanbase. Sad but true.
Hornets on Sunday on 17:00 - Aug 28 with 3038 viewsBigKindo

Close win today by 102 to 4
Hornets on Sunday on 21:40 - Aug 28 with 2744 viewsEllDale

Without wanting to take anything away from them they were playing a team who had conceded over 1200 points before this afternoon and who have been rubbing rags in the league for at least six seasons.
It’s still 17 lots of winning pay to account for though plus the rent.
I notice that that the chairman was tweeting photos of himself 20 minutes into the game so it must have been riveting stuff.
Can you imagine the reaction on this forum if Simon Gauge had been tweeting pictures of himself with a hospitality guest at 3.20pm yesterday?
Hornets on Sunday on 22:24 - Aug 28 with 2639 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 21:40 - Aug 28 by EllDale

Without wanting to take anything away from them they were playing a team who had conceded over 1200 points before this afternoon and who have been rubbing rags in the league for at least six seasons.
It’s still 17 lots of winning pay to account for though plus the rent.
I notice that that the chairman was tweeting photos of himself 20 minutes into the game so it must have been riveting stuff.
Can you imagine the reaction on this forum if Simon Gauge had been tweeting pictures of himself with a hospitality guest at 3.20pm yesterday?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Wales_Raiders

West Wales Raiders have played 84 league games in their entire existence.

Won 2, Drawn 1, Lost 81
Scored: 776 (9.2 points per game)
Conceeded: 5,335 (63.5 points per game)
Points difference: -4,559

Not sure the RFL's experiment is working when it is serving up such uncompetitive fixtures.

Hornets on Sunday on 22:40 - Aug 28 with 2603 viewsEllDale

Ironically enough Hornets have just appointed Mike Grady as assistant coach to Gary Thornton following the sacking of Matt Calland. He had a stint as coach of West Wales (though they were called South Wales in those days) a few years ago.
Don’t let the Celtic connection confuse things though.
He’s from the Warrington/Widnes area and has spent most of his career coaching youth and junior rugby league in that part of the world.
I suspect that this is a deliberate (and totally understandable) move by Hornets to switch the recruitment focus from expensive, experienced, older professionals to younger, cheaper amateur players.
Hornets on Sunday on 18:14 - Aug 31 with 2124 viewsHullDale

'...ques...'

We were fundraising to fight off a hostile takeover, they are just paying their bills. Some of those 'fans' on the Hornets' forum look a bit silly now...
Hornets on Sunday on 18:42 - Aug 31 with 2049 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 10:51 - Mar 6 by RochdaleGlory

Hardly comparable as with respect to Hornets Wigan Warriors are a huge club with serious revenue streams at the elite level and arguably the biggest name in that sport. Athletic are also a different proposition to us with private ownership and considerable wealth now in their boardroom it would seem.

I will concede i wouldn't have a clue about Warriors lease or arrangements though but i do remember well how we acquired the stadium and how the current arrangements were born which got made to enable us to acquire a valuable asset in full and to ensure Hornets have a sustainable and affordable tenancy which has always been public knowledge in Rochdale.

Re the rugby club i am only going off what i read in the local papers and hear from people in the town but you do understand a company conversion right?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/IP030618

It would seem to me the company was taken over and converted from a society (members owned) model into private limited (now owned equally by five businessmen it would seem from companies house records which you kindly direct me to) and i am pretty sure that in these cases all assets and liabilities carry forward so effectively nothing changes legally.

Looks a pretty steady model they now have and I know id rather have five individuals with a few quid owning and running a club than have fans in the boardroom posting £1.2m losses, fighting relegation from the bottom tier of the football league and trying desperately to scratch together funds from Joe pubic to cover legal costs.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 11:10]

As opposed to scratching together money from Joe Public to pay bills, flower? Seem to remember Mazey saying costs were covered by sponsors and generous board members.

What’s changed?
Hornets on Sunday on 18:47 - Aug 31 with 2022 viewsBluebottle

At least they are budgeting on their MOTM awards

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/301768466
Hornets on Sunday on 10:42 - Sep 1 with 1685 viewsAtThePeake

Hornets on Sunday on 18:14 - Aug 31 by HullDale

'...ques...'

We were fundraising to fight off a hostile takeover, they are just paying their bills. Some of those 'fans' on the Hornets' forum look a bit silly now...

Is this genuinely what the collection is for?!

Absolutely remarkable if so given that Mazey tweeted a few months ago how 'fan ownership models barely keep the lights on.'

So his alternative for a club with 'ambition' is to have 'fit and proper owners' who require donations from the fans to keep the lights on anyway? Put your money in - but don't expect to have any say on how it's spent?

I'll take being fan-owned thanks Andy.

Tangled up in blue.

Hornets on Sunday on 11:32 - Sep 1 with 1590 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 10:42 - Sep 1 by AtThePeake

Is this genuinely what the collection is for?!

Absolutely remarkable if so given that Mazey tweeted a few months ago how 'fan ownership models barely keep the lights on.'

So his alternative for a club with 'ambition' is to have 'fit and proper owners' who require donations from the fans to keep the lights on anyway? Put your money in - but don't expect to have any say on how it's spent?

I'll take being fan-owned thanks Andy.

His exit strategy is really picking up pace now.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 11:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024