Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emma Raducanu 2022 23:41 - Jan 10 with 12657 viewsDr_Parnassus

Right, new year, new Raducanu thread for the believers and non believers out there.

She kicks off the season in Sydney later today against Elena Rybakina looking for a win and some nice form going into the Aussie Open. It’s a fairly comfortable Rybakina win for me.

Straight sets if I was pushed. Although always difficult to predict after the Xmas break.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 14:50 - Jan 24 with 1320 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 14:47 - Jan 24 by shingle

Well I am a little worried about you isn't it 2 am in the morning with you and you are obviously having trouble getting to sleep, I do have a caring side you know and I do realise the turmoil all this is causing you.

That’s why I accepted your apology and I’m encouraged that you have said that you have learned a very big lesson.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 15:05 - Jan 24 with 1303 viewsshingle

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 14:50 - Jan 24 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s why I accepted your apology and I’m encouraged that you have said that you have learned a very big lesson.

Go to bed you have become delirious you header.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 22:54 - Jan 24 with 1218 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 15:05 - Jan 24 by shingle

Go to bed you have become delirious you header.

Wow that was a brave word to attempt when you struggle with something as basic as “pance”.

You are funny fair play. Wrong, weird and bizarre… but funny.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 02:16 - Jan 25 with 1169 viewsWhiterockin

Why Egomaniacs Have to Have The Last Word

Do you know someone who always has to have the last word in a conversation or an argument? Everyone has come across this type of person and knows how frustrating or plain sad it is when you see it.

Having the last word is closely associated with ego. Egomaniacs always have to have the last word. It gives them a feeling of power, as if they immediate draw all of the power of the person they are communicating with and become powerful due to it.

This feeling is short-lived as it is only a state of mind, and most people who have any sense of understanding of human psychology knows that people that do this are only doing it because they feel insecure, competitive, hardheaded and lack confidence often in their own intellect or are in need of covering tracks.

Greek Methodology explains this well. Echo, a mountain nymph, had to have the last word in everything, and it was her undoing. While Echo was beautiful with a musical voice, and people enjoyed hearing her talk, this eventually went to her head. Echo took so much pleasure in having the last word in both arguments and normal conversations, that eventually it became her undoing. As the story goes, she fell in love with Narcissus, and he rejected her. In return she begged him not to. Narcissus broke her heart and Echo wasted away and was doomed to a very sad life.

A person who has to have the last word is fundamentally flawed. Their flaws are for the world to see. They may be charismatic and draw people in, but if you listen to their conversations and in the modern age, look at their posts on social media, you will see a common thread of egocentricity and a need for supremacy.

Those who have to have the last word feel uncomfortable when that power is taken away from them and they usually end up fighting or in an argument because this has been taken away from them. They lash out and look for ways to rectify this.

People with this "disease" usually strive to be the only voice over the people around them. They often never rise to the top in career or business, so they adapt their personal profiles so that they can be seen as "winning" in some area that they feel no-one can compete.

Their need for respect and to be liked, more so than those around them, usually is their undoing.

If you have to have the last say, think to yourself, "what am I afraid of?" Because ultimately, having the last say, means nothing.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 03:10 - Jan 25 with 1144 viewsYouBackJastard

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 02:16 - Jan 25 by Whiterockin

Do you know someone who always has to have the last word in a conversation or an argument? Everyone has come across this type of person and knows how frustrating or plain sad it is when you see it.

Having the last word is closely associated with ego. Egomaniacs always have to have the last word. It gives them a feeling of power, as if they immediate draw all of the power of the person they are communicating with and become powerful due to it.

This feeling is short-lived as it is only a state of mind, and most people who have any sense of understanding of human psychology knows that people that do this are only doing it because they feel insecure, competitive, hardheaded and lack confidence often in their own intellect or are in need of covering tracks.

Greek Methodology explains this well. Echo, a mountain nymph, had to have the last word in everything, and it was her undoing. While Echo was beautiful with a musical voice, and people enjoyed hearing her talk, this eventually went to her head. Echo took so much pleasure in having the last word in both arguments and normal conversations, that eventually it became her undoing. As the story goes, she fell in love with Narcissus, and he rejected her. In return she begged him not to. Narcissus broke her heart and Echo wasted away and was doomed to a very sad life.

A person who has to have the last word is fundamentally flawed. Their flaws are for the world to see. They may be charismatic and draw people in, but if you listen to their conversations and in the modern age, look at their posts on social media, you will see a common thread of egocentricity and a need for supremacy.

Those who have to have the last word feel uncomfortable when that power is taken away from them and they usually end up fighting or in an argument because this has been taken away from them. They lash out and look for ways to rectify this.

People with this "disease" usually strive to be the only voice over the people around them. They often never rise to the top in career or business, so they adapt their personal profiles so that they can be seen as "winning" in some area that they feel no-one can compete.

Their need for respect and to be liked, more so than those around them, usually is their undoing.

If you have to have the last say, think to yourself, "what am I afraid of?" Because ultimately, having the last say, means nothing.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 07:05 - Jan 25 with 1105 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 02:16 - Jan 25 by Whiterockin

The trolls aren’t going to like that.

That’s a brave post

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 09:13 - Jan 25 with 1062 viewsYouBackJastard

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 07:05 - Jan 25 by Dr_Parnassus

The trolls aren’t going to like that.

That’s a brave post

https://www.aldi.co.uk/large-rectangular-mirror/p/713370545058400?gclid=EAIaIQob
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 09:55 - Jan 25 with 1039 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 09:13 - Jan 25 by YouBackJastard

https://www.aldi.co.uk/large-rectangular-mirror/p/713370545058400?gclid=EAIaIQob

I don’t click on links posted by odd trolls looking for the last word I’m afraid.

I’ll assume it was weird and be satisfied with that.

Login to get fewer ads

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 10:21 - Jan 25 with 1022 viewsYouBackJastard

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 09:55 - Jan 25 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t click on links posted by odd trolls looking for the last word I’m afraid.

I’ll assume it was weird and be satisfied with that.

It’s a giant mirror for you to purchase to help you take a good look at yourself with
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 10:33 - Jan 25 with 1014 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 10:21 - Jan 25 by YouBackJastard

It’s a giant mirror for you to purchase to help you take a good look at yourself with

Ah right, yes I imagined it would be something as odd and unimaginative as that.

Saved myself some time.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 10:41 - Jan 25 with 1004 viewsYouBackJastard

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 10:33 - Jan 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Ah right, yes I imagined it would be something as odd and unimaginative as that.

Saved myself some time.

Go on fake yank, don’t reply to this comment and don’t indirectly bring me into discussions. Let’s see if you have the self restraint!
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 10:50 - Jan 25 with 996 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 10:41 - Jan 25 by YouBackJastard

Go on fake yank, don’t reply to this comment and don’t indirectly bring me into discussions. Let’s see if you have the self restraint!

It’s far more funny to take that need away from ever increasingly desperate trolls.

Unlucky

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:16 - Jan 25 with 950 viewsYouBackJastard

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 10:50 - Jan 25 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s far more funny to take that need away from ever increasingly desperate trolls.

Unlucky

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:27 - Jan 25 with 942 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:16 - Jan 25 by YouBackJastard

You trolls aren’t going to like that.

That’s a brave post

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 14:54 - Jan 25 with 907 viewsYouBackJastard

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:27 - Jan 25 by Dr_Parnassus

You trolls aren’t going to like that.

That’s a brave post

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 19:24 - Jan 25 with 861 viewsMinesapint

What should have been an interesting thread for us tennis fans completely ruined by relentless trolling.

I appreciate the Dr can more than handle them but it is beyond tedious.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 20:52 - Jan 25 with 829 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 19:24 - Jan 25 by Minesapint

What should have been an interesting thread for us tennis fans completely ruined by relentless trolling.

Unfortunately one of a trolls main traits is envy. It sends them into overdrive.

A thread like this is a honey pot, you don’t have to be a genius to pick out which posters have been attracted by such a thing.

It’s a shame, the site has been overrun recently by a handful of trolls that add nothing to the site whatsoever and exist purely to wreck threads.

This one has been no different of course.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 04:43 - Jan 26 with 788 viewsYouBackJastard

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 19:24 - Jan 25 by Minesapint

Hardly as if I started it! Plonker.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 05:21 - Jan 26 with 783 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 04:43 - Jan 26 by YouBackJastard

Interesting that you recognise the poster may have been talking about you…

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 06:34 - Jan 26 with 775 viewsYouBackJastard

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 05:21 - Jan 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Interesting that you recognise the poster may have been talking about you…

There’s three people talking in this thread ya melon
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 06:45 - Jan 26 with 771 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 06:34 - Jan 26 by YouBackJastard

There’s three people talking in this thread ya melon

There are many more than that…

and yet you acknowledged the poster was probably talking about you.

That’s very telling indeed.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 07:32 - Jan 26 with 749 viewsMinesapint

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 04:43 - Jan 26 by YouBackJastard

Thanks for that.

I will bow out now. The proof of my comment is evident for all to see.

Shame really. Playground stuff.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 07:34 - Jan 26 with 746 viewsYouBackJastard

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 07:32 - Jan 26 by Minesapint

Thanks for that.

I didn’t say a single word in this thread until I was directly mentioned by name which prompted a response. Dr P is the only childish one here, and so it seems are you.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 07:50 - Jan 26 with 742 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 07:32 - Jan 26 by Minesapint

Thanks for that.

All the sensible people here know exactly what you are talking about..

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:53 - Feb 2 with 605 viewstrampie

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 04:51 - Jan 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Cheers Gloss.

I have an Australian Open thread further down the page with my outright thoughts, they are pretty much still the same.

Got ones to watch and some long shots in there. All still in the tournament and most have halved in price.

But in short, Medvedev and Barty look strong favourites. There are a few outside those that can challenge, Zverev and Karatsev being the main two on the men’s side - don’t see Nadal as a potential winner personally. Alcaraz is one to watch, a young right handed Rafa clone.

Outside of Barty then Badosa and Krejcikova would be my two picks, I also like Clara Tauson but doubt she has what it takes to go all the way just yet - Osaka also a danger.

Don’t worry the trolls just provide entertainment, they have followed me around for years. The more active they are it means the better the posts usually… 😉
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 7:04]

" don’t see Nadal as a potential winner personally"

Oh dear Dr P.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024