Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emma Raducanu 2022 23:41 - Jan 10 with 13097 viewsDr_Parnassus

Right, new year, new Raducanu thread for the believers and non believers out there.

She kicks off the season in Sydney later today against Elena Rybakina looking for a win and some nice form going into the Aussie Open. It’s a fairly comfortable Rybakina win for me.

Straight sets if I was pushed. Although always difficult to predict after the Xmas break.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 18:43 - Jan 18 with 1436 viewsshingle

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 20:38 - Jan 16 by Dr_Parnassus

What am I twisting? You just have no idea what you are talking about and think you are correcting someone when you aren’t.

I am talking about main tour events, not challengers or ITF’s. I said “outside the US Open first and second round exits is pretty much what we saw from her” - that is simply a fact.

The 4th Round in Wimbledon accounted for the “pretty much”, I have spoken about that Wimbledon run in detail previously. The Challenger event was not counted - and won’t be counted… as it’s a Challenger event.

The top seed in the challenger event you are trying to claim was world number 30 (Danielle Collins), the second was world number 50 (Petra Martic). These are not mandatory events, if you are unsure what that means, it means the top players don’t have to play them…

Tennis is my profession as many people on here can attest, I would suggest you take your medicine on the subject as you will never “win” if you wish to debate it with me, I assure you. You will just be making yourself look silly (again).
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 20:59]

You lost as soon as you put up false facts earlier you header that is why others pulled you up on it, and once you realise you messed up you come out with your I did not mean that tournament because it is a lesser tournament jargon, mate I can assure you the only person who thinks you are as you say an expert is you, a legend in your own mind type of guy.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 22:03 - Jan 18 with 1368 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 18:43 - Jan 18 by shingle

You lost as soon as you put up false facts earlier you header that is why others pulled you up on it, and once you realise you messed up you come out with your I did not mean that tournament because it is a lesser tournament jargon, mate I can assure you the only person who thinks you are as you say an expert is you, a legend in your own mind type of guy.

False facts?

You mean facts you didn’t understand, tried to correct due to your lack of understanding of the sport, then realised you were wrong and still sticking with it regardless?

I have spoken previously about the difference between ITF, Challenger and Main Tour. Those of us in tennis discount ITF and Challenger when discussing records on the main tour, they are often split and not merged.

A bit like counting LDV Vans Trophy wins when discussing Premier League record.

When Raducanu’s US Open win is reported on, they state “her first tour title”… why? When she has already won X2 ITF titles?…. Because they aren’t counted on the main tour.

Andy Murray is known to have won 46 singles titles… Why? When I know for a fact he’s won 53 if you count the x5 ITF futures titles and x2 Challenger titles?…. Because they aren’t counted on the main tour.

You sound ridiculous but just don’t realise it. All because of your haste to correct what was a correct sentence.

If you don’t understand that, that’s not my problem. I have tried very nicely to explain it to you several times, but judging from your posting history - understanding doesn’t seem to be your goal, you just want to troll.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 22:58]

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 22:08 - Jan 18 with 1368 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:47 - Jan 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, she played very well again and beat Sloan Stephens another US Open champion.
If she can just maintain that level she could progress well in the Oz open.

Well I went to the outside courts to watch them train as they had scheduled an hour session each.

Emma turned up with a full team and used the whole hour.

Sloane turned up with one coach and stayed for 20 mins.

That’s the level of difference between the mentality I was talking about in my Raducanu Aussie Open post halfway down the last page, in my opinion it showed on court and the reason I said she was slight favourite for it.

Fans Network Swansea’s very own roving reporter:-

She should beat Danka Kovinic comfortably in the next round (shouldn’t drop a set). Then it will without doubt be a 3rd round exit for her.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 22:15]

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 22:19 - Jan 18 with 1336 viewsnantywatcher

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 22:08 - Jan 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Well I went to the outside courts to watch them train as they had scheduled an hour session each.

That’s the level of difference between the mentality I was talking about in my Raducanu Aussie Open post halfway down the last page, in my opinion it showed on court and the reason I said she was slight favourite for it.

She should beat Danka Kovinic comfortably in the next round (shouldn’t drop a set). Then it will without doubt be a 3rd round exit for her.

"without doubt" - head above the parapet there Dr P.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 22:28 - Jan 18 with 1328 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 22:19 - Jan 18 by nantywatcher

"without doubt" - head above the parapet there Dr P.

Always willing to stick my neck on the line, you know me.

She ‘should’ win the next round and without doubt goes out in the 3rd should she get there.

I watched Kovinic v Jang just before the Raducanu game. I have seen her previously but went to check there has been no improvements… and there hasn’t been. Just a short stocky ball striker, no real power though, not a great serve, not particularly athletic - just a solid journey-woman pro.

If Emma starts introducing the angles to move here from side to side then she wins that comfortably.

The Sloane match was always going to be one that could go either way. Now that’s won then the 3rd round it should be.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 23:25]

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 23:15 - Jan 18 with 1295 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:39 - Jan 18 by raynor94

Not to shabby today, we await the experts opinion

Nobody said she would never win another game again mind Raynor.

What was said is she would never win another Grand Slam title. She will have a fine career and park herself in the top 25 for a while.

It was the laughable comparisons to Serena that caused the interest on here and the simple stance that she will not even come close to dominating the game as suggested.

She’s a decent player, but she’s not an elite player. Elite as in top 5 consistently.

She will win far more games than she loses though, like everyone else in the top 25. There will be a few forays into the second week of a slam but I’ll be shocked if she ever makes another GS Semi let alone win another Final.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 06:19 - Jan 19 with 1250 viewsshingle

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 22:03 - Jan 18 by Dr_Parnassus

False facts?

You mean facts you didn’t understand, tried to correct due to your lack of understanding of the sport, then realised you were wrong and still sticking with it regardless?

I have spoken previously about the difference between ITF, Challenger and Main Tour. Those of us in tennis discount ITF and Challenger when discussing records on the main tour, they are often split and not merged.

A bit like counting LDV Vans Trophy wins when discussing Premier League record.

When Raducanu’s US Open win is reported on, they state “her first tour title”… why? When she has already won X2 ITF titles?…. Because they aren’t counted on the main tour.

Andy Murray is known to have won 46 singles titles… Why? When I know for a fact he’s won 53 if you count the x5 ITF futures titles and x2 Challenger titles?…. Because they aren’t counted on the main tour.

You sound ridiculous but just don’t realise it. All because of your haste to correct what was a correct sentence.

If you don’t understand that, that’s not my problem. I have tried very nicely to explain it to you several times, but judging from your posting history - understanding doesn’t seem to be your goal, you just want to troll.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 22:58]

Your getting desperate now just look at the lenth of your replies to everyone, you were wrong with the lists you put up I noticed it others noticed it so politely told you that you messed up and you go off on these long drawn out rants trying to explain yourself, mate your not the expert you think you are accept it and move on, man up and stop being so insecure mun its only a foofball forum you header.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 07:24 - Jan 19 with 1230 viewsGwyn737

Is that you in the pink?, 😉
Login to get fewer ads

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 07:50 - Jan 19 with 1215 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 06:19 - Jan 19 by shingle

Your getting desperate now just look at the lenth of your replies to everyone, you were wrong with the lists you put up I noticed it others noticed it so politely told you that you messed up and you go off on these long drawn out rants trying to explain yourself, mate your not the expert you think you are accept it and move on, man up and stop being so insecure mun its only a foofball forum you header.

So I have to keep all my posts short to save your lack of understanding and short attention span? I’m afraid my posts are always long and a silly troll won’t change that because he kicks and screams that he can’t get his own way:

I was absolutely correct in my list as I’m sure you have since gathered, you wanted to count a Challenger event. You can if you like, nobody that understands tennis will though.

The other poster said “she reached round 4 in Wimbledon”, I know she did, spoken about it at length previously on here… hence the “pretty much”.

You can kick and stamp your feet as much as you like but I’m afraid you won’t be getting anywhere.

You will never win.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 8:06]

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 07:51 - Jan 19 with 1214 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 07:24 - Jan 19 by Gwyn737

Is that you in the pink?, 😉

Nah I’d beat them both

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:51 - Jan 19 with 1151 viewsshingle

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 07:50 - Jan 19 by Dr_Parnassus

So I have to keep all my posts short to save your lack of understanding and short attention span? I’m afraid my posts are always long and a silly troll won’t change that because he kicks and screams that he can’t get his own way:

I was absolutely correct in my list as I’m sure you have since gathered, you wanted to count a Challenger event. You can if you like, nobody that understands tennis will though.

The other poster said “she reached round 4 in Wimbledon”, I know she did, spoken about it at length previously on here… hence the “pretty much”.

You can kick and stamp your feet as much as you like but I’m afraid you won’t be getting anywhere.

You will never win.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 8:06]

You seem obsessed with your will never win talk, win what the fact you messed up got things wrong and have to keep trying to talk your way out of it and what will be really be hilarious is if this Radcannu wins another slam no doubt you will end up having a total break down then your utterly clueless pal.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 22:11 - Jan 19 with 1080 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:51 - Jan 19 by shingle

You seem obsessed with your will never win talk, win what the fact you messed up got things wrong and have to keep trying to talk your way out of it and what will be really be hilarious is if this Radcannu wins another slam no doubt you will end up having a total break down then your utterly clueless pal.

It’s just a fact, as that’s clearly what you are out to do, even now you realise you are wrong and being dressed down by an industry expert (which makes it even more funny).

I’m just trying to save you some typing time and the lovely forum people some reading time.

I don’t need to talk my way out of anything, I’m explaining to you the difference between Challenger, ITF and main tour to stop you making the same mistake and looking silly again.

I’d love to see your email history, I wonder if you have sent Match of the Day any furious emails because they correctly say Man Utd have won the league 20 times and you say “Excuse me Linekar, United won their U19 league more than that your (sic) clueless”.

You can’t educate pork, especially frantic crying feet stamping pork.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 22:18]

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 11:03 - Jan 20 with 1012 viewsDr_Parnassus

Well that’s that for Emma from Australia.

Another tournament not passing the 2nd round, losing to Kovinic.

Kovinic is 98th in the world, 27 years old and never been past the 2nd round of a Slam. Emma slightly hampered by a niggling injury but if she has any serious ambitions about being an elite player (which she should be as US Open champion) - then the likes of Kovinic need to be despatched with ease.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 12:52 - Jan 20 with 961 viewsBest_loser

You got that badly wrong then

You must be one of those people Jose mourinho calls an expert in failure
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:08 - Jan 20 with 940 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 12:52 - Jan 20 by Best_loser

You got that badly wrong then

You must be one of those people Jose mourinho calls an expert in failure

Wrong? Where?

Don’t you mean spot on?

Do you not think she should beat world number 98 then? “Should” win doesn’t mean “will” win... as convenient as I’m sure that would be for your trolling, hence why I used the word should.

Man City “should” beat Watford, if they don’t, that statement is still true.

The actual prediction I made however, is that she “wouldn’t” (key word) get past round three “should” (key word) she get there, I am very careful with my words and use them for good reason - I quoted it for you and pasted it above for ease of reference.

I was correct wasn't I… as much as I know that bugs you, she didn’t go past round 3.

I’m afraid you need to learn to read and don’t get upset by others that know more than you. There is a few of those about… mentioning no names.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 13:26]

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:25 - Jan 20 with 912 viewsBest_loser

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:08 - Jan 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Wrong? Where?

Don’t you mean spot on?

Do you not think she should beat world number 98 then? “Should” win doesn’t mean “will” win... as convenient as I’m sure that would be for your trolling, hence why I used the word should.

Man City “should” beat Watford, if they don’t, that statement is still true.

The actual prediction I made however, is that she “wouldn’t” (key word) get past round three “should” (key word) she get there, I am very careful with my words and use them for good reason - I quoted it for you and pasted it above for ease of reference.

I was correct wasn't I… as much as I know that bugs you, she didn’t go past round 3.

I’m afraid you need to learn to read and don’t get upset by others that know more than you. There is a few of those about… mentioning no names.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 13:26]

You said raducanu should win comfortably today , she lost, that's called getting something wrong , maybe you SHOULD just accept you were wrong for once instead of acting like some automaton that's programmed to never do that
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:29 - Jan 20 with 906 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:25 - Jan 20 by Best_loser

You said raducanu should win comfortably today , she lost, that's called getting something wrong , maybe you SHOULD just accept you were wrong for once instead of acting like some automaton that's programmed to never do that

I did say that she should win comfortably, I stand by that and am correct regardless of outcome.

I didn’t say she would win. “Should” doesn’t mean “would”.

A reigning Grand Slam Champion should be beating someone barely in the top 100 who has never been past the 2nd round in a Slam at the age of 27 and known for being an average tour player. Do you disagree then?

Swansea should stay up this year with the squad they have, if they don’t… they still should have. That statement would not become wrong.

If I get something wrong then I will say so, but I’m not going to say I am just to please trolls like you when I obviously was not.

The only way I could be “wrong” with what I said is if she went past the 3rd round as I said that “wouldn’t” happen. There is a reason I use “would and wouldn’t” and at other times use “should”.

One is a prediction (won’t go past round 3 if she gets there) - the other is a fact (should beat world number 98).

Easy when you understand English isn’t it?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 13:43]

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:34 - Jan 20 with 902 viewsDr_Parnassus

(Man United 8-0 up against Barnet at half time).

Statement 1: “Man Utd should really win from here”

Statement 2: “Man Utd will win from here”

(Man United go on to lose 8-9).

One statement is correct… the other statement is incorrect.

No prizes awarded for guessing which one is which due to the ease and obviousness of why one is wrong and the other is right.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:40 - Jan 20 with 896 viewsBest_loser

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:29 - Jan 20 by Dr_Parnassus

I did say that she should win comfortably, I stand by that and am correct regardless of outcome.

I didn’t say she would win. “Should” doesn’t mean “would”.

A reigning Grand Slam Champion should be beating someone barely in the top 100 who has never been past the 2nd round in a Slam at the age of 27 and known for being an average tour player. Do you disagree then?

Swansea should stay up this year with the squad they have, if they don’t… they still should have. That statement would not become wrong.

If I get something wrong then I will say so, but I’m not going to say I am just to please trolls like you when I obviously was not.

The only way I could be “wrong” with what I said is if she went past the 3rd round as I said that “wouldn’t” happen. There is a reason I use “would and wouldn’t” and at other times use “should”.

One is a prediction (won’t go past round 3 if she gets there) - the other is a fact (should beat world number 98).

Easy when you understand English isn’t it?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 13:43]

Stick to today's game please , stop moving goalposts and being abusive in your usual arrogant way , in future when you say someone should win and they do , don't jump up and down because you didn't say would
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:48 - Jan 20 with 883 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:40 - Jan 20 by Best_loser

Stick to today's game please , stop moving goalposts and being abusive in your usual arrogant way , in future when you say someone should win and they do , don't jump up and down because you didn't say would

So I’m guessing by now you have realised what words actually mean and that you can’t just make them up to have your own meanings? Good.

Can you teach the rest of your trolls now please?

- “Should win” is a fact based on ability - “Man Utd first team “should” beat Barnet reserves”. (That statement will remain correct regardless of result).

- “Will win” is a prediction of the future - “Man Utd first team “will” beat Barnet Reserves”. (That is a statement you can get excited about if it fails to happen).

Now relate that to what I correctly said - as I was very careful to use both “should” and “wouldn’t” in two different sentences and used them for that exact reason. “ ‘Should’ beat Kovinic”… “ ‘Wouldn’t’ get past round 3 ‘should’ she get there”.

As I said, I’m intentionally very careful with my words as I have trolls hanging off every single one of them. So you won’t be able to change the meanings of those intentionally constructed words to suit I’m afraid.

Cheers.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 13:58]

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 14:04 - Jan 20 with 858 viewstrampie

Blydi hell Dr P favoured Stephens to beat Raducanu and then thought Raducanu would wipe the floor with Kovinic.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 14:06 - Jan 20 with 856 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 14:04 - Jan 20 by trampie

Blydi hell Dr P favoured Stephens to beat Raducanu and then thought Raducanu would wipe the floor with Kovinic.

Eh?

I said Emma was slight favourite against Sloane, I was right, she was.

I said Raducanu should beat Kovinic. I was right, she should be beating her.

I said Raducanu wouldn’t get past round 3 should she get there. I was right, she didn’t.

I love it when the trolls come out in force every time I’ve been proven correct to try and desperately state the opposite.

Have another go Tramps.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 14:15]

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 14:17 - Jan 20 with 825 viewstrampie

You said that if Stephens was in shape that she should beat Raducanu, Stephens lost.

You said that Raducanu should beat Danka Kovinic comfortably and Raducanu lost.

You got everything wrong Dr P.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 14:21 - Jan 20 with 808 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 14:17 - Jan 20 by trampie

You said that if Stephens was in shape that she should beat Raducanu, Stephens lost.

You said that Raducanu should beat Danka Kovinic comfortably and Raducanu lost.

You got everything wrong Dr P.

I said if she looks sharp and is in shape then she is the better player (she is) but hasn’t played since Indian Wells so will depend on that.

She didn’t look sharp, she looked horrendous hence why I said “Raducanu slight favourite”…. I was right.

Learn to read like your other trolls are getting a lesson in currently.

I said Raducanu “should” beat Kovinic, I am right of course. She should beat her, she is a very average player who has no realistic hopes of reaching the second week of any Slam in her career ever - hence why you didn’t disagree.

I said she wouldn’t get past round 3 “should” she get there.

I was right again, you will just have to deal with it Tramps.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 14:29]

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 14:29 - Jan 20 with 793 viewstrampie

We all know what you said Dr P, you thought that Stephens was going to beat Raducanu and you was wrong and then you thought that Raducanu would beat Kovinic and yet again you was wrong.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024