Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey sacked 21:37 - Nov 4 with 28837 viewsloftboy

Just on ssn

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ramsey sacked on 11:00 - Nov 5 with 2436 viewsMvpeter

Ramsey sacked on 10:29 - Nov 5 by Northernr

Do you remember the scene on the Four Year Plan when Saksena was going through the press release for the appointment of Warnock, taking bits out, adding bits in, pointing out that we were labouring one point too much and not bigging another one up?

You'd have to be very very naive to believe the quotes in press releases are actual direct quotes from the people they purport to be from.

While that's true this one was an interview and if it was rehearsed it was poorly rehearsed. That's the interview where I started feeling sorry for him.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Ramsey sacked on 11:04 - Nov 5 with 2418 viewsactonman

Christ !!!! Never knew Ramsey was so popular ?
Haven't seen such outpouring of grief since one direction decided to split up !

Football worse than when redknapp was here
Results worse than when redknapp was here

Yet redknapp (who I am not defending in any shape or form )
Gets the old fcuk off you crook send of and Ramsey is hailed as some sort of sleeping giant that in 2 years was going to have us playing like Barcelona and have half out under 18s in the England squad !
Ramsey sacked on 11:08 - Nov 5 with 2399 viewsJamie

Ramsey sacked on 10:48 - Nov 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Your expectations are too high mate.

My expectations are for one of the out of work managers to come in, struggle like Ramsey did with his hands tied from above, ultimately keeping us comfortably up in lower mid table and sacked at the end of the season.

So yes, my expectations are too high as the new guy won't last to the end of the season.

Fernandes & Ferdinand are on record that the mandate is promotion. Anything less and the new guy is a goner, and even Guardiola would struggle to get this squad sweeping all before them to a glorious promotion.

So as said, what was the point in sacking Ramsey to bring in another lame duck.
Ramsey sacked on 11:16 - Nov 5 with 2371 viewsqprxtc

Ramsey sacked on 11:04 - Nov 5 by actonman

Christ !!!! Never knew Ramsey was so popular ?
Haven't seen such outpouring of grief since one direction decided to split up !

Football worse than when redknapp was here
Results worse than when redknapp was here

Yet redknapp (who I am not defending in any shape or form )
Gets the old fcuk off you crook send of and Ramsey is hailed as some sort of sleeping giant that in 2 years was going to have us playing like Barcelona and have half out under 18s in the England squad !

But not as bad as it was under Burtenshaw, Mullery, Houston, Harford etc.

There's been a lot more managers worthy of the hate that went Ramsey's way. He wasn't the best but far far far from the worst.

With the squad we have we are where we deserve to be. And the 'football' we played in 00/01 will never be beaten in terms of it's utter crpness.

I still need a pint.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 11:18]
Ramsey sacked on 11:18 - Nov 5 with 2364 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ramsey sacked on 11:08 - Nov 5 by Jamie

My expectations are for one of the out of work managers to come in, struggle like Ramsey did with his hands tied from above, ultimately keeping us comfortably up in lower mid table and sacked at the end of the season.

So yes, my expectations are too high as the new guy won't last to the end of the season.

Fernandes & Ferdinand are on record that the mandate is promotion. Anything less and the new guy is a goner, and even Guardiola would struggle to get this squad sweeping all before them to a glorious promotion.

So as said, what was the point in sacking Ramsey to bring in another lame duck.

It's rare, but I agree with you.
It's nailed on to be Sherwood or Derry.

If it's Sherwood, presumably poor Steve Gallen will be gone and so will Warnock.
If it's Derry, Warnock will stay but Les's position looks odd.

I love Warnock, but it was obvious from the day he was appointed that this was coming. Ramsey had almost no chance because he knew every game could be his last. You can't manage under those circumstances.

Bare bones.

Ramsey sacked on 11:18 - Nov 5 with 2359 viewsJuzzie

For my tuppence worth I'm dissapointed. Not because I liked or disliked Ramsey but because yet again we're going down the short term route when publicly want long-term-ism.

TF is obsessed with being in the PL, probably for reasons other than it being the best for QPR. Probably desperate for the money too to cut the huge loss.

I reckon if by some miracle we do go up, no money will be spent on the team, we'll get spanked week in, week out and come straight back down but with a huge chunk of the debt paid off.

Or... we'll repeat the same as before, $punk a load of money on the wrong players, come back down and be in the same debt whilst another 10 players get rich.

or... we'll go up, get the right players, play great football, consolidate mid to lower-mid table.

The thing is, the third possibility is highly unlikely because the club is so badly set up. We cast envious eyes towards Swansea and Southampton but they are where they are because they got the clubs running properly. Until we do that we're going to lurch from one disaster to another.

Onto the implications of Ramsey's sacking. For me the next 10 games, not Saturday, will show if it was the right decision or not.
The mandate in the summer was consolidation in the Championship as the likelyhood was that Austin & Phillips would definitely leave and the likes of Green, Fer & Sandro might.
The moment they all stayed and combined with TF unable to keep off Twitter and coming out with wanting promotion immediately heaped a whole lot of pressure on Ramsey that just wasn't there before.

TF should kept his comments out of the public domain. STFU and just say what he thinks/wants to his coaching team privately.

I do agree with the players we have we should be doing better, not that I'm expecting promotion, so the next 10 games will show if the problems until now have been down to bad coaching/management or players under performing.

[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 11:36]
Ramsey sacked on 11:37 - Nov 5 with 2311 viewscaptainmycaptian

PLATOON: Air Strike ... Dump everything you got left on my pod I say again, expend all ... What a lovely faking war /football club
Ramsey sacked on 11:41 - Nov 5 with 2272 viewscaptainmycaptian

CR was a crusader
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey sacked on 11:45 - Nov 5 with 2254 viewsBluce_Ree

"TF is obsessed with being in the PL, probably for reasons other than it being the best for QPR"

that's a big statement, Juz. Do you mean more than just because that's where the cash is? An ego thing?

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Ramsey sacked on 11:45 - Nov 5 with 2252 viewscaptainmycaptian

http://canvas.grolsch.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_large_image_width_9

NW Sargent Barnes "what do you all know about football"
Ramsey sacked on 11:50 - Nov 5 with 2232 viewsdaveB

Ramsey sacked on 11:45 - Nov 5 by Bluce_Ree

"TF is obsessed with being in the PL, probably for reasons other than it being the best for QPR"

that's a big statement, Juz. Do you mean more than just because that's where the cash is? An ego thing?

QPR is just a promotional tool for Air Asia and being in one of the biggest competitions in the world helps that idea more than being in the championship
Ramsey sacked on 11:51 - Nov 5 with 2224 viewsBushman

FWIW I don't think you can really feel sorry for CR.

He was given a fantastic & golden opportunity to shine as manager this season and the remainder of last season in a job that he wasn't qualified for and had no experience of.

He has ample time to put his stamp on the team but in the end he couldn't cut it.

Still amazed he and LF were appointed into positions they had never held before.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Ramsey sacked on 11:58 - Nov 5 with 2199 viewsA40Bosh

Ramsey sacked on 11:51 - Nov 5 by Bushman

FWIW I don't think you can really feel sorry for CR.

He was given a fantastic & golden opportunity to shine as manager this season and the remainder of last season in a job that he wasn't qualified for and had no experience of.

He has ample time to put his stamp on the team but in the end he couldn't cut it.

Still amazed he and LF were appointed into positions they had never held before.

At some point a Deputy Head has to be appointed as a Head Teacher without having done the job before. If the school is in financial dire straits the board of governors are probably going to accept that the guy/girl may lack the experience but that is reflected in the salary they will be on and there are other good senior staff around them.

Otherwise no one gets a promotion in life if you have to have done the job before.

I can't see an argument that says that QPR is so individual or special that we are exempt from having to financial based decisions and promote in house - ok, it has backfired but that is because TF or the board has changed the landscape and demanded promotion.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Ramsey sacked on 11:58 - Nov 5 with 2199 viewsJamie

Ramsey sacked on 11:50 - Nov 5 by daveB

QPR is just a promotional tool for Air Asia and being in one of the biggest competitions in the world helps that idea more than being in the championship

As said in the 'Fernandes is a spunk bubble' thread, if I had to put a £10 down, I'd have it on the club being sold in the summer, should they somehow manage to wrangle a promotion.

With the new TV deal starting, despite the monumental debts, the owners would likely get enough of their money back to take it on the chin as a fck up.
Ramsey sacked on 12:03 - Nov 5 with 2185 viewsJuzzie

Ramsey sacked on 11:45 - Nov 5 by Bluce_Ree

Look how much he used QPR to push Air Asia. The model stewardess', the painting of the planes etc and the QPR badge on F1 cars. I do think he is 'into' QPR but being in the PL is a massive platform for other businesses.
Ramsey sacked on 12:08 - Nov 5 with 2170 viewsA40Bosh

Ramsey sacked on 11:58 - Nov 5 by Jamie

As said in the 'Fernandes is a spunk bubble' thread, if I had to put a £10 down, I'd have it on the club being sold in the summer, should they somehow manage to wrangle a promotion.

With the new TV deal starting, despite the monumental debts, the owners would likely get enough of their money back to take it on the chin as a fck up.

I am slowly starting to take that vew myself. Get up then sell up.
Whoever was doing the books last season and during the close season surely is financially astute enough to do scenario based projections. The what ifs.

What if we don't sell Austin - what is the wage bill increase if he stays
What if we sell Austin for £6m, £8m, £10m - what does that do to the finances
What if we don't shift Phillips?

I don't see that merely keeping one decent striker, an inconsistent winger, an injury prone midfielder in itself is enough reason to change the goal posts and say the squad we have is good enough for promotion.

One swallow doth not a summer make.

I think the legal eagles fighting the FFP have been giving some financial projects of their own to TF and Co, in terms of how many millions we are going to get striped for.

And the board look at that HUGE hole in the income and think "Fook this for a game of soldiers, this football owning mularchy aint all it's cracked up to be. Time to get out but we had better get the club back up in the Prem and awash with cash before we will find another mug to take it off our hands

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Ramsey sacked on 12:13 - Nov 5 with 2133 viewsR_from_afar

Ramsey sacked on 21:52 - Nov 4 by Ranger78

I'm not suggesting Ramsey was doing a good job but the madness just never seems to stop at QPR.

Here we go all over again.......how long until we're crying for change once more??

Something has to be different this time because part of the reason we're in this mess is down to the constant change and panic!!!!

I've not enjoyed watching Ramsey's football and I've been left bewildered by his tatics and selections but I'm still a little bit sad at what we've become.

Also can't help thinking he's been left out to dry because others failed in their job, not selling the big name, big salary players.

I think if we had stuck to be playing younger championship quality players, we'd all be happy with our current position. It's not all Ramsey's fault that hasn't happened.

I had hoped for some kind of longevity this time around and wanted the foundations of a sound, likeable football club put into place. I was prepared to accept that would take some time.

I'm not interested in the constant desire to get back to the "promised land" when as a club, we are a million miles away from being ready

I'm sure when the new manager gets appointed we'll hear the same old spill about rebuilding and long term planning, a club we can be proud of, sustainable future, youth players ..... blah blah blah!!! It's impossible to believe anything that comes out any more .

We're just an utter shambles.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 6:44]

There were a lot of things CR did which seemed odd to me but we need to be careful that we don't demand a whole load of things of the new manager/coach some of which are most likely mutually exclusive, e.g.

- producing attractive football whilst letting the young players play
- producing attractive football whilst getting enough points to get promoted.

I'm not having a go at you Rangers78 - we fans all need to stick together in these crazy times - but we need to think about what we really need. It could take years to come up with the formula through which a younger squad produces winning *and* attractive football. There are many fans who don't have the patience to wait for that to happen.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ramsey sacked on 12:21 - Nov 5 with 2107 viewsR_from_afar

Ramsey sacked on 22:16 - Nov 4 by carlh5266

Gareth Ainsworth may be worth a punt.

I'd love us to give him a chance but those fans who are demanding attractive football may lose patience with him very quickly. I have watched Wycombe a lot in the last two seasons and they do not play football that is easy on the eye. There is a lot of long ball and passes fizzed down the wings. They don't zip lots of short passes around the pitch, it's very direct.

Personally, I want to see winning football played by Rs players who are committed, organised and proud to wear the shirt. I don't care if it's attractive. When we have won the Prem and are regularly getting to the knock-out stages of the Champions League, we can start thinking about how attractive it is, I say.

So, I would welcome him (not sure he is my first choice) but I give him a month before the whinging about his style of play starts, soon to be followed by comments like "lack of experience", "tactically naïve," "not good enough for the Championship".

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ramsey sacked on 12:25 - Nov 5 with 2089 viewsR_from_afar

Ramsey sacked on 22:34 - Nov 4 by essextaxiboy

That was the last time I truly enjoyed going TBH .

Thousands of pounds later (more for others I know ) and I can count the good days on one hand .

I thought he did a good job but I distinctly remember how he got hammered by fans for his style of play, formations and signings.

RFA

Ramsey sacked on 12:35 - Nov 5 with 2064 viewsTGRRRSSS

Ainsworth is managing a League 2 club and has to work with what he's got, but within the framework he is by and large doing a good job.
Ramsey sacked on 13:26 - Nov 5 with 1961 viewsTacticalR

@Juzzie 'The thing is, the third possibility is highly unlikely because the club is so badly set up. We cast envious eyes towards Swansea and Southampton but they are where they are because they got the clubs running properly. Until we do that we're going to lurch from one disaster to another.'

Yes, it seems 'long termism' is just another short term Fernandes fad.

Air hostess clique

Ramsey sacked on 13:34 - Nov 5 with 1925 viewssimmo

Ramsey sacked on 12:35 - Nov 5 by TGRRRSSS

Ainsworth is managing a League 2 club and has to work with what he's got, but within the framework he is by and large doing a good job.

Funnily enough it's exactly the kind of job I think Ramsey would be suited to.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ramsey sacked on 13:36 - Nov 5 with 2456 viewsQPunkR

Ramsey sacked on 13:34 - Nov 5 by simmo

Funnily enough it's exactly the kind of job I think Ramsey would be suited to.

Swapsies?

QPR - "shit but local"

Ramsey sacked on 13:39 - Nov 5 with 2437 viewsR_from_afar

Ramsey sacked on 10:27 - Nov 5 by Lblock

Thanks for confirming something that's been bugging me
So, as well as stubborn, inept, clueless and tactically naive; we can also label Benny as a "liar" then can we?

For it was he who insisted HE had appointed NW and it was HIS choice to bring him to the club as a sounding board
I didn't believe it at the time, and don't believe it now, but Bennys Prozac Army who have surfaced seem to think this "really genuine guy" could do no wrong. So he wouldn't tell us a big fib would he?!?

Ramsey's gone, you got your wish, can't you just leave it?

I'm not sure yet how I feel about CR getting the push but the possibility of that stupid nickname appearing less frequently on this website is one huge positive for me.

RFA

Ramsey sacked on 13:39 - Nov 5 with 2435 viewsJigsore

he's probably quite relieved he doesn't have to spend his saturdays being abused by his own supporters.

Lots of talk about that 'bald c*nt' at Brentford who was giving it the big un to Clint Hill but I suspect other clubs view the fans who were asking for Karl Henry to get sent off in an even worse light.

feeling quite jaded with football this morning to be honest. I have so little faith in the board to choose the right manager i'm not sure whats the point

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024