Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey sacked 21:37 - Nov 4 with 28533 viewsloftboy

Just on ssn

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ramsey sacked on 09:10 - Nov 5 with 2152 viewsDejR_vu

Now we pray

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ramsey sacked on 09:11 - Nov 5 with 2152 viewsbaz_qpr

Ramsey sacked on 07:01 - Nov 5 by Rangersw12

Warnock has gone down massively in my estimations , what a snake comes to advise and then takes the fellas job

I hope Ramsey is still at the club in some capacity .

Didnt Ramsey and Ferdinand do the same to Redknapp? Ramsey was hired to overhaul the youth set up
Ramsey sacked on 09:11 - Nov 5 with 2151 viewslondonscottish

Ramsey sacked on 09:07 - Nov 5 by Metallica_Hoop

Was just about to post something similar.

Well if the bounce is anything like that when we changed managers from Warnock to Hughes, Hughes to Redknapp and Redknapp to Ramsey I'd expect a solid 1-1 on Saturday.

Happy to be proved wrong, of course.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ramsey sacked on 09:11 - Nov 5 with 2151 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey was a terrible manager, TF is terrible owner/chairman.

It doesn't have to be one or the other - you don't have to pick a side here.

Similarly, we can try to improve results on the pitch now, while also tackling long term issues off the pitch (youth, training, budgets, scouting etc).

The bad decision was appointing Ramsey, not sacking him now.

However, chances are we will hire someone equally bad (in a different way) to replace Ramsey though...
Ramsey sacked on 09:14 - Nov 5 with 2136 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey sacked on 08:54 - Nov 5 by londonscottish

To Quell Mutiny among the ship mates , Fernandes will be front and centre in the Sprinbok Saturday , like Russel Crowe on the Bridge in 'Master and Commander ',Dispensing rations of dried Nobby nuts and free tots of Carling to his Cabin boys . And they will love him for it.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Ramsey sacked on 09:36 - Nov 5 with 2091 viewsCliff_Schitzinabag

Ramsey sacked on 07:34 - Nov 5 by PunteR

Everyone knew,including Ramsey.

Well, the irony there is that if we were to just this once, get it right, then it would rebound on him very quickly.

What manager worth his salt is going to put up with having NW hovering over him as well as a DoF?
He'd have to go.

Sadly, though, the answer to that is "none", so yet again we will get another botched/compromised appointment. Or Derry, which would be the same thing, at this moment in time.
Ramsey sacked on 09:39 - Nov 5 with 2068 viewssimmo

I can't see many managers or players happy with how Warnock snaked his way into this position. Came on as an advisor and ended up taking the guys job!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ramsey sacked on 09:44 - Nov 5 with 2053 viewsJamie

For all the rejoicing, I struggle to see the point in moving Rambo aside.

Is one of the out of work managers going to come in and inspire these players on a 15 game winning streak, sweeping aside all before them with the sort of football Guardiola would admire?

Obviously they aren't, and so the demands to sack the next manager will be deafening long before the end of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey sacked on 09:57 - Nov 5 with 2022 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey sacked on 09:44 - Nov 5 by Jamie

For all the rejoicing, I struggle to see the point in moving Rambo aside.

Is one of the out of work managers going to come in and inspire these players on a 15 game winning streak, sweeping aside all before them with the sort of football Guardiola would admire?

Obviously they aren't, and so the demands to sack the next manager will be deafening long before the end of the season.

Obviously they aren't going to do that, we aren't good enough to sweep aside all comers.

However, a decent manager can come in and put out a side that plays to the strengths of the squad, actually plays some football and gets more than 2 wins in the last two months (both against bottom 3 teams at home at that).

Our whole squad is underperforming against their ability currently, some of that must be down to Ramsey's lack of ability to motivate and utilise them.
Ramsey sacked on 10:03 - Nov 5 with 2012 viewscaptainmycaptian

Well people have got what they wanted not sure the replacements will be much better the fact that hull and burnley were flying is a big factor on why he has gone also the performances were not improving ie the style of football played not just the results. Teams win and lose nature of the beast but we were not playing nice stuff not good to watch and no green shoots ect that is why he has gone I think also the fact that CA MP LF stayed changed the goal posts he would have been better of with them gone imo the mid table may have been acceptable with improve style of play. As long as we don't get sh it wood fine not sure who is going to take the full time job now. What a bloody way to run a football club !!!
Ramsey sacked on 10:07 - Nov 5 with 1999 viewsrichranger

Interesting of fish says Ramsey relieved of first team duties - not that he's left the club. Could he go back to the academy?
Ramsey sacked on 10:09 - Nov 5 with 1989 viewsrobith

A real shame, I desperately wanted it for work for him. Perhaps because I couldn't fully understand the opprobrium directed his way. I mean I'm not going to pretend it was rainbows and sunshine, but it often felt completely disproportionate.

I kinda felt like we should have stuck with him come what may for a whole season, but at least my ears will be rested from the abuse of the malcontents, going to games was getting mighty dreary.

Anyway, my thoughts are redundant, he was done as soon as Fernandes said we had to go for promotion - direct downturn in our performance from that moment.

I also forecast Warnock will go badly. Ramsey was criticised for his lack of tactical thinking and poor use of subs - Warnock was awful at both
Ramsey sacked on 10:16 - Nov 5 with 1966 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey sacked on 10:09 - Nov 5 by robith

A real shame, I desperately wanted it for work for him. Perhaps because I couldn't fully understand the opprobrium directed his way. I mean I'm not going to pretend it was rainbows and sunshine, but it often felt completely disproportionate.

I kinda felt like we should have stuck with him come what may for a whole season, but at least my ears will be rested from the abuse of the malcontents, going to games was getting mighty dreary.

Anyway, my thoughts are redundant, he was done as soon as Fernandes said we had to go for promotion - direct downturn in our performance from that moment.

I also forecast Warnock will go badly. Ramsey was criticised for his lack of tactical thinking and poor use of subs - Warnock was awful at both

I think a lot of people (me included I guess despite trying), simply couldn't ignore Ramsey's poor performance last season - especially the same poor football, tactics, selections and results continued this year.

Other's gave him a clean slate this summer and bought the consolidation line from the club, therefore think although the football is bad, he'd get more time.

If nothing else, hopefully Warnock is flexible enough to change the system to suit our best players like Austin - something CR stubbornly (and puzzlingly) refused to do until too late.
Ramsey sacked on 10:17 - Nov 5 with 1963 viewsMvpeter

All this move the goalposts stuff is deceptive imo. Yes the goalposts were moved to promotion which was a crazy statement and that but I didn't see a change in approach and it was unacceptable before hand.

When consolidation was our official target we still refused to use young players, not youth, such as Luongo Hall Gladwin if we could help it. We weren't preparing ourselves for improvement next year and so consolidation wasn't beneficial.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Ramsey sacked on 10:23 - Nov 5 with 1941 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey sacked on 10:17 - Nov 5 by Mvpeter

All this move the goalposts stuff is deceptive imo. Yes the goalposts were moved to promotion which was a crazy statement and that but I didn't see a change in approach and it was unacceptable before hand.

When consolidation was our official target we still refused to use young players, not youth, such as Luongo Hall Gladwin if we could help it. We weren't preparing ourselves for improvement next year and so consolidation wasn't beneficial.

Exactly, how does playing Henry and Hoillett (both out of contract next year) prepare us for next season?

Let's be honest, Ramsey was trying to win now and stopped using kids the minute the transfer window closed and Austin et al stayed.

He was trying to get us promoted, but couldn't get the results or performances needed so used the consolidation and gelling excuses.

Also we were still one of the highest spending teams in the Championship this summer don't forget!
Ramsey sacked on 10:23 - Nov 5 with 1935 viewsrichpr

Just hope we can move on now and start playing a bit of football. I have hardly enjoyed a game at all this season - even Bolton 4-3 and MKD 3-0 - came away thinking we were sh*t.
CR's tactics and playing Henry and Toszer every week was his undoing - I hope that the next manager can come in and start playing some nice stuff (win//lose or draw) and getting some confidence back into them. It helps if players are played in their correct position in a proper system - Chery can be a proper inside-forward, Fer in midfield (not up-front) and getting the full-backs up the wing. Also, hope we can nominate a new skipper who acts like one on the field.

Already looking forward to the next match and a change of tactics with a more attacking formation
Ramsey sacked on 10:27 - Nov 5 with 1917 viewsLblock

Ramsey sacked on 09:39 - Nov 5 by simmo

I can't see many managers or players happy with how Warnock snaked his way into this position. Came on as an advisor and ended up taking the guys job!

Thanks for confirming something that's been bugging me
So, as well as stubborn, inept, clueless and tactically naive; we can also label Benny as a "liar" then can we?

For it was he who insisted HE had appointed NW and it was HIS choice to bring him to the club as a sounding board
I didn't believe it at the time, and don't believe it now, but Bennys Prozac Army who have surfaced seem to think this "really genuine guy" could do no wrong. So he wouldn't tell us a big fib would he?!?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ramsey sacked on 10:29 - Nov 5 with 1910 viewsNorthernr

Ramsey sacked on 10:27 - Nov 5 by Lblock

So, as well as stubborn, inept, clueless and tactically naive; we can also label Benny as a "liar" then can we?

For it was he who insisted HE had appointed NW and it was HIS choice to bring him to the club as a sounding board
I didn't believe it at the time, and don't believe it now, but Bennys Prozac Army who have surfaced seem to think this "really genuine guy" could do no wrong. So he wouldn't tell us a big fib would he?!?

Do you remember the scene on the Four Year Plan when Saksena was going through the press release for the appointment of Warnock, taking bits out, adding bits in, pointing out that we were labouring one point too much and not bigging another one up?

You'd have to be very very naive to believe the quotes in press releases are actual direct quotes from the people they purport to be from.
Ramsey sacked on 10:30 - Nov 5 with 1903 viewsJamie

Ramsey sacked on 09:57 - Nov 5 by adhoc_qpr

Obviously they aren't going to do that, we aren't good enough to sweep aside all comers.

However, a decent manager can come in and put out a side that plays to the strengths of the squad, actually plays some football and gets more than 2 wins in the last two months (both against bottom 3 teams at home at that).

Our whole squad is underperforming against their ability currently, some of that must be down to Ramsey's lack of ability to motivate and utilise them.

The mandate is promotion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Coming in and putting out a solid squad that wins more than it loses and ends up comfortable in upper mid-table is great and entirely sensible, but it's falling way short of the mandate from the owners and a large chunk of the fanbase.

In those circumstances, the new man will be hounded out long before he ever gets the chance to implement any sort of long term plan so as said, what's the point of another sacking and yet more money chucked away.
Ramsey sacked on 10:30 - Nov 5 with 1900 viewsNorthernr

Ramsey sacked on 10:23 - Nov 5 by richpr

Just hope we can move on now and start playing a bit of football. I have hardly enjoyed a game at all this season - even Bolton 4-3 and MKD 3-0 - came away thinking we were sh*t.
CR's tactics and playing Henry and Toszer every week was his undoing - I hope that the next manager can come in and start playing some nice stuff (win//lose or draw) and getting some confidence back into them. It helps if players are played in their correct position in a proper system - Chery can be a proper inside-forward, Fer in midfield (not up-front) and getting the full-backs up the wing. Also, hope we can nominate a new skipper who acts like one on the field.

Already looking forward to the next match and a change of tactics with a more attacking formation

And if the new manager also picks Henry and Tozser?
Ramsey sacked on 10:33 - Nov 5 with 1888 viewsLblock

Ramsey sacked on 10:29 - Nov 5 by Northernr

Do you remember the scene on the Four Year Plan when Saksena was going through the press release for the appointment of Warnock, taking bits out, adding bits in, pointing out that we were labouring one point too much and not bigging another one up?

You'd have to be very very naive to believe the quotes in press releases are actual direct quotes from the people they purport to be from.

He said it! I heard it with my own ears!!!

Not that I believed it.....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ramsey sacked on 10:44 - Nov 5 with 1852 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ramsey sacked on 10:27 - Nov 5 by Lblock

Well either

a) he did appoint Warnock on his own advice
b) he appointed Warnock after he and others agreed that it might help
c) he appointed Warnock after being told to do so, or
d) Someone else appointed Warnock behind his back

Warnock himself - not a man whose word I would automatically trust - said that Ramsey visited him at home and offered him the gig. This makes the most sense, although we will never know for sure.

If it was (a), (b) or (c) then he was telling the truth, if it was (d) I think that Ramsey might have gone along with the political line. His only two other options were to shame the board in public for what would be their duplicity or to walk away from the job. We don't know if either scenario was the truth or how Ramsey would have reacted had it been the truth.

So the whole thing is pure conjecture to be fair. But I think it would be strong to call him a liar in any case.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ramsey sacked on 10:45 - Nov 5 with 1842 viewsrobith

Ramsey sacked on 10:16 - Nov 5 by adhoc_qpr

I think a lot of people (me included I guess despite trying), simply couldn't ignore Ramsey's poor performance last season - especially the same poor football, tactics, selections and results continued this year.

Other's gave him a clean slate this summer and bought the consolidation line from the club, therefore think although the football is bad, he'd get more time.

If nothing else, hopefully Warnock is flexible enough to change the system to suit our best players like Austin - something CR stubbornly (and puzzlingly) refused to do until too late.

That made it sound like I was being mean about the Ramsey Outs - not at all, everyone is allowed their opinion. I just found going to games a bit miserable because the footie was a bit rubs and everyone was shouting bad stuff. Not how I enjoy spending my weekends or evenings tbh
Ramsey sacked on 10:48 - Nov 5 with 1824 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ramsey sacked on 10:30 - Nov 5 by Jamie

The mandate is promotion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Coming in and putting out a solid squad that wins more than it loses and ends up comfortable in upper mid-table is great and entirely sensible, but it's falling way short of the mandate from the owners and a large chunk of the fanbase.

In those circumstances, the new man will be hounded out long before he ever gets the chance to implement any sort of long term plan so as said, what's the point of another sacking and yet more money chucked away.

Your expectations are too high mate.
Ramsey sacked on 10:48 - Nov 5 with 1822 viewssimmo

Warnock is as wily as they come, there is zero chance Ramsey chose him or wanted him, the writing was on the wall as soon as Colin came in. It's shameful really, but Fernandes has always been susceptible to people in his ear, the fckin stooge.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024