Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey sacked 21:37 - Nov 4 with 28536 viewsloftboy

Just on ssn

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ramsey sacked on 23:36 - Nov 4 with 2660 viewsessextaxiboy

Ramsey sacked on 23:13 - Nov 4 by TW_R

Seriously? You didn't enjoy the promotion season under Warnock? I don't think it really gets much better than that for us.

It was a promotion built on sand ( Taraabt) . The Faurlin business at the end , not knowing whether we were up or not , stupid fckin flags at LR while we lost to Leeds with Shittu at CF.

I remember it fondly

We built , and continue to build ... absolutely fck all .
Ramsey sacked on 23:38 - Nov 4 with 2647 viewsingeminate

Ramsey sacked on 22:46 - Nov 4 by daveB

He looks a bit too much like Matt Lucas for me, can't take him seriously

DaveB every time we get a manager you always have an axe to grind. For once can't you just try and get behind them and at least attempt to find some positives.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Ramsey sacked on 23:42 - Nov 4 with 2619 viewsCHUBBS

Glad he's gone,although he is a decent fella,he wasn't doing the business and there's no room for sentiment in football especially when you're quarter of a billion in debt.
Delighted to see NW back in charge even if it's only temporary.
Ramsey sacked on 23:43 - Nov 4 with 2611 viewsClive_Anderson

Ramsey sacked on 23:33 - Nov 4 by Match82

What he has to do is have a fcking plan and stick to it.

He started talking about consolidation, youth etc. Appointed a coach who believed in those things. Then changed his mind 3 games into the season and said promotion at all costs.

Don't think ramsey was doing a great job, but think he got put in an impossible position.

This club is rotten, and ramsey wasn't the cause of that rot.

What youth was he playing?

Consolidation doesn't mean the manager can be completely crap and it doesn't matter.
Ramsey sacked on 23:47 - Nov 4 with 2592 viewsMatch82

Ramsey sacked on 23:43 - Nov 4 by Clive_Anderson

What youth was he playing?

Consolidation doesn't mean the manager can be completely crap and it doesn't matter.

He had doughty and Cole in the squad first couple of games. Not a coincidence that when fernandes started banging on about promotion he switched to a set of more "battle tested" players. I accept that they haven't done any better. But IMO if his remit had stayed as "consolidate, bring youth through", you would have seen many more youth players this season.
Ramsey sacked on 23:51 - Nov 4 with 2601 viewsPunteR

It was inevitable. As soon as TF opened his fat trap and Warnock coming in.
What a waste of a season.
TF needs to go. At least Ruben G keeps his mouth shut.
This club is an absolute shambles.
Ramsey didn't stand a chance. I hope he gets a decent coaching job somewhere.
Thanks for trying Ramsey.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramsey sacked on 23:52 - Nov 4 with 2594 viewsbaz_qpr

Ramsey sacked on 23:47 - Nov 4 by Match82

He had doughty and Cole in the squad first couple of games. Not a coincidence that when fernandes started banging on about promotion he switched to a set of more "battle tested" players. I accept that they haven't done any better. But IMO if his remit had stayed as "consolidate, bring youth through", you would have seen many more youth players this season.

TF mentioned promotion on october 15th Doughty last made a start in August and 5 minutes as a sub in mid september. They never kept to the plan from the start
Ramsey sacked on 23:59 - Nov 4 with 2544 viewsClive_Anderson

Ramsey sacked on 23:47 - Nov 4 by Match82

He never played any youth. You can't blame TF for that, the team was Ramsey's choice.
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey sacked on 00:04 - Nov 5 with 2527 viewskensalriser

As inevitable as it was stupid appointing him on a three year deal in the first place. Never believed any of the rhetoric .

What's worrying is that each time this board has sacked a manager they've appointed a worse one.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ramsey sacked on 00:09 - Nov 5 with 2503 viewsbarbicanranger

I like Ramsey and wanted it to work.

I know some people will see this as short termism again but ultimately he's had around 16 games this season and quite a few at the end of the last and I think that is enough time to see what a coach has in store and the direction things may be heading in. If that direction was looking positive I think the fans would have stomached it.

However, performances have been inconsistent for the quality of the squad and I think that I saw more negatives from the games we lost than positives from the games we won and that was concerning me.

Overall though I have been left feeling ambivalent, part of me thinks this operating model is ridiculous the other part of me thinks we're like every other club (other than Arsenal) trying to find the right formula. I hope we continue in the Ramsey vain but find someone who can deliver this time and I think this next appointment is very important, specially as I think the club have time cause Warnock can undoubtedly do a great job baby-sitting.

I'd take Olly as he would surely work with Ferdinand and would be good for a moderate club bouncing between championship and premier league, but if it was me I would bend over backwards to try get Moyes (wishful thinking, hey?!).
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 0:10]
Ramsey sacked on 00:13 - Nov 5 with 2480 viewsFDC

Ramsey sacked on 22:09 - Nov 4 by GloryHunter

“It’s no secret that we expected to sell some key players in the summer transfer window, and as such, our target at the start of the season reflected that. “However, keeping these players at the club has seen the mandate change, owing to what we believe this squad is capable of."

So it's taken 15 league games before someone says, "Hey Chris, you know what we said about consolidating in the Championship, and bringing young players through, and winning games isn't everything? Well, actually, what we meant to say was, win all the games and get promoted, and don't worry about bringing the youth through."

This. So now promotion is an imperative, because we kept Austin. So what happens when we don't get promoted and Austin leaves at the end of the season. Are we back to consolidating again?

Fcking joke club.

Ramsey sacked on 00:14 - Nov 5 with 2472 viewsBluce_Ree

Ramsey sacked on 23:33 - Nov 4 by Match82

What he has to do is have a fcking plan and stick to it.

He started talking about consolidation, youth etc. Appointed a coach who believed in those things. Then changed his mind 3 games into the season and said promotion at all costs.

Don't think ramsey was doing a great job, but think he got put in an impossible position.

This club is rotten, and ramsey wasn't the cause of that rot.

I think that had a bit to do with Ramsey unexpectedly getting to keep our best players.

Fernandes made a £12m gamble. Keep Austin for a season or sell him (we were never getting 15m for him). As fans we have to appreciate that he did the best thing for us as fans there. He could have taken the cash.

But part of that gamble was that Ramsey had to not be shit and unfortunately, Ramsey is very shit.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Ramsey sacked on 00:15 - Nov 5 with 2472 viewsPunteR

Ramsey sacked on 23:52 - Nov 4 by baz_qpr

TF mentioned promotion on october 15th Doughty last made a start in August and 5 minutes as a sub in mid september. They never kept to the plan from the start

The signings they made suggested they were looking to stay in the championship for a couple of seasons,consolidate if you will. Luongo,Gladwin,JET,Chery,Polter,Mackie,Perch,Hall,Smithies to name but a few.
Presumably in TF and the rest of the boards wisdom, they decided to change the plan when they didn't sell Austin and Philips,Fer,Sandro. Fer failed a medical and Sandro was an illegal immigrant. Brilliant. Great strategy to get promoted and consolidate in the premier league.
The people running the club haven't got a Scooby.
Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey were given an impossible job.
The board are now going to have to throw more money at the problem because that's all they know how.

Ramsey sacked on 00:18 - Nov 5 with 2457 viewsMatch82

Ramsey sacked on 00:14 - Nov 5 by Bluce_Ree

I think that had a bit to do with Ramsey unexpectedly getting to keep our best players.

Fernandes made a £12m gamble. Keep Austin for a season or sell him (we were never getting 15m for him). As fans we have to appreciate that he did the best thing for us as fans there. He could have taken the cash.

But part of that gamble was that Ramsey had to not be shit and unfortunately, Ramsey is very shit.

Personally I would have sold the lot of them and committed to the rebuild. However I realize that a) I'm not in the majority there and b) I don't have to sit through it in person like some of you poor bstards.

In isolation it's an understandable change of mindset. But given the track record of this club I think we would have been better off following through, for once.
Ramsey sacked on 00:18 - Nov 5 with 2456 viewsPunteR

Ramsey sacked on 00:13 - Nov 5 by FDC

This. So now promotion is an imperative, because we kept Austin. So what happens when we don't get promoted and Austin leaves at the end of the season. Are we back to consolidating again?

Fcking joke club.

This , basically ^^^^

Ramsey sacked on 00:20 - Nov 5 with 2449 viewsPunteR

Ramsey sacked on 22:09 - Nov 4 by GloryHunter

“It’s no secret that we expected to sell some key players in the summer transfer window, and as such, our target at the start of the season reflected that. “However, keeping these players at the club has seen the mandate change, owing to what we believe this squad is capable of."

So it's taken 15 league games before someone says, "Hey Chris, you know what we said about consolidating in the Championship, and bringing young players through, and winning games isn't everything? Well, actually, what we meant to say was, win all the games and get promoted, and don't worry about bringing the youth through."

And this.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 0:23]

Ramsey sacked on 00:29 - Nov 5 with 2422 viewsAgedR

Ramsey sacked on 23:36 - Nov 4 by essextaxiboy

It was a promotion built on sand ( Taraabt) . The Faurlin business at the end , not knowing whether we were up or not , stupid fckin flags at LR while we lost to Leeds with Shittu at CF.

I remember it fondly

Fair play Essex, each to their own.

Personally, I had an absolute ball. I'll never forget the moment I was walking down Uxbridge Rd when the news broke. Got as drunk as I have done since my 20s and waved a flag til my tits ached.

Never for one moment was I introspective about how appalling our infrastructure was.

Oh, sung Hi ho super rangers after our last home win too. I'm so shallow.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Ramsey sacked on 00:33 - Nov 5 with 2411 viewsBluce_Ree

Ramsey sacked on 23:36 - Nov 4 by essextaxiboy

I remember it fondly

Built on Moroccan sand.

I still maintain though that Warnock wasn't supported at all. We had to play that f**king useless c*nt Bothroyd up front. IN THE PREM!

I'm surprised Loftus Road didn't catch fire he was so shit.

EDIT: ah yes, c*nt is still 'unacceptable'... Cameron's f**king Britain.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Ramsey sacked on 00:35 - Nov 5 with 2409 viewsPunteR

Ramsey sacked on 00:29 - Nov 5 by AgedR

Fair play Essex, each to their own.

Personally, I had an absolute ball. I'll never forget the moment I was walking down Uxbridge Rd when the news broke. Got as drunk as I have done since my 20s and waved a flag til my tits ached.

Never for one moment was I introspective about how appalling our infrastructure was.

Oh, sung Hi ho super rangers after our last home win too. I'm so shallow.

It was a great season. A one off.

Ramsey sacked on 00:35 - Nov 5 with 2407 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey sacked on 21:52 - Nov 4 by Ranger78

I'm not suggesting Ramsey was doing a good job but the madness just never seems to stop at QPR.

Here we go all over again.......how long until we're crying for change once more??

Something has to be different this time because part of the reason we're in this mess is down to the constant change and panic!!!!

I've not enjoyed watching Ramsey's football and I've been left bewildered by his tatics and selections but I'm still a little bit sad at what we've become.

Also can't help thinking he's been left out to dry because others failed in their job, not selling the big name, big salary players.

I think if we had stuck to be playing younger championship quality players, we'd all be happy with our current position. It's not all Ramsey's fault that hasn't happened.

I had hoped for some kind of longevity this time around and wanted the foundations of a sound, likeable football club put into place. I was prepared to accept that would take some time.

I'm not interested in the constant desire to get back to the "promised land" when as a club, we are a million miles away from being ready

I'm sure when the new manager gets appointed we'll hear the same old spill about rebuilding and long term planning, a club we can be proud of, sustainable future, youth players ..... blah blah blah!!! It's impossible to believe anything that comes out any more .

We're just an utter shambles.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 6:44]

+1
Ramsey sacked on 00:40 - Nov 5 with 2390 viewsSomersetHoops

Ramsey sacked on 21:52 - Nov 4 by Ranger78

I'm not suggesting Ramsey was doing a good job but the madness just never seems to stop at QPR.

Here we go all over again.......how long until we're crying for change once more??

Something has to be different this time because part of the reason we're in this mess is down to the constant change and panic!!!!

I've not enjoyed watching Ramsey's football and I've been left bewildered by his tatics and selections but I'm still a little bit sad at what we've become.

Also can't help thinking he's been left out to dry because others failed in their job, not selling the big name, big salary players.

I think if we had stuck to be playing younger championship quality players, we'd all be happy with our current position. It's not all Ramsey's fault that hasn't happened.

I had hoped for some kind of longevity this time around and wanted the foundations of a sound, likeable football club put into place. I was prepared to accept that would take some time.

I'm not interested in the constant desire to get back to the "promised land" when as a club, we are a million miles away from being ready

I'm sure when the new manager gets appointed we'll hear the same old spill about rebuilding and long term planning, a club we can be proud of, sustainable future, youth players ..... blah blah blah!!! It's impossible to believe anything that comes out any more .

We're just an utter shambles.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 6:44]

Spot on. Once again we are the laughing stock of London clubs under Fernandes. When will he ever learn and realise he hasn't got a clue?

Who's Next?

Ramsey sacked on 01:08 - Nov 5 with 2335 viewsPommyhoop

Ramsey sacked on 23:38 - Nov 4 by ingeminate

DaveB every time we get a manager you always have an axe to grind. For once can't you just try and get behind them and at least attempt to find some positives.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ramsey sacked on 02:32 - Nov 5 with 2246 viewsScubaHoop

I think who ever gets the job, for better or worse, we're going to be stuck with for at least 18 months. Not because we'll stop being badly run but because all the next guy has to do to keep his job is just be a tiny bit better than Ramsey and hey presto job done. When we loose its the inherited squad fault, when we win it'll be thanks to him. Plus we're going to lose the better players at the end of the season too. Meaning next year we'll be back to 'consolidation'.

NW is clearly getting the job for a long enough period to see if he can do something, which he will (i.e. be slightly better than Ramsey). I'd be amazed if he wasn't the manager all this season and next.
Ramsey sacked on 04:07 - Nov 5 with 2178 viewsBklynRanger

I'd guess Ramsey must have been told he needed to get something at Derby. Changed his formation, gave a bit more of an upbeat post match interview complete with assurances, followed that up today with a bit of PR to the BBC.

None of it was enough though, obviously. It all seemed to fall apart for Ramsey, and some of those recent performances were hard to get through, but the whole decision just seems depressing to me at this moment.
Ramsey sacked on 04:48 - Nov 5 with 2147 viewsFDC

the whole decision just seems depressing to me at this moment

The Buddha spoke about the dissatisfaction, or the lack (dukkha), to be found in the endless cycle of rebirths driven by actions born out of habit (Saṃsāra ). I think he was on to something.

Welcome to the new era of QPR. It's a bit like the old era.

[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 4:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024