Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren incoming 15:31 - May 1 with 143271 viewshubble

...according to a poster on WATRB...

Read it here, if you're not averse to a bit of rough: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2464866-mclaren-new-ma

[Post edited 1 May 2018 15:37]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

McClaren incoming on 17:07 - May 12 with 4620 viewsAshdown_Ranger

McClaren incoming on 17:03 - May 12 by Esox_Lucius

Are you saying 2 Thomas 2 Bowles is Holloway?

No -2T2B posted about the loss of his mother a couple of weeks back.
McClaren incoming on 17:14 - May 12 with 4581 viewsPunteR

Yeh this thread is starting to tread on dodgy ground.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren incoming on 17:22 - May 12 with 4548 viewsJAPRANGERS

I thought Mclaren passed over some time ago?

Still being QPR I suppose being dead is no impediment to becoming mangler init?
McClaren incoming on 17:23 - May 12 with 4541 viewsBklynRanger

McClaren incoming on 17:04 - May 12 by FDC

Misunderstandings upon misunderstandings....

Although ISaw is being quite scrappy lately , I'm pretty sure he didn't know 2T2B had recenty lost his mother and was referring to it being hard for him to come to terms with Holloway leaving.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 17:06]

This reminds me of when Chesireblondhoop made a crack about Ted Hendrix's missus and TH was going to meet him outside the British Queen and biff the fcuk out of him, but then it turned out that HE was actually a SHE so he didn't biff her up after all. That was a good one.

Anyway, when is dutch accent man coming in?! We should withdraw our offer and give it to a random fan just to show we mean business and aren't to be messed about with.
McClaren incoming on 17:57 - May 12 with 4455 viewsEsox_Lucius

McClaren incoming on 17:07 - May 12 by Ashdown_Ranger

No -2T2B posted about the loss of his mother a couple of weeks back.

Please accept my sincere apologies. I missed the postings regarding 2T2B's mother, my condolences. A genuine mistake on my part.

The grass is always greener.

McClaren incoming on 19:44 - May 12 with 4309 viewsloftinspace

Encouraging sign of sanity finally prevailing.

A lot of the Ollie support is based on sentiment. But the form book begs to differ. By the end of the season, the table pretty much call it like it is. His overall form here and down the Wall was wanting. In the end, mangers live or die by results. Always have.
McClaren incoming on 21:11 - May 12 with 4123 viewsFDC

McClaren incoming on 19:44 - May 12 by loftinspace

A lot of the Ollie support is based on sentiment. But the form book begs to differ. By the end of the season, the table pretty much call it like it is. His overall form here and down the Wall was wanting. In the end, mangers live or die by results. Always have.

The trouble with message boards and social media in general is that arguements always become extremely entrenched, and people end up defending false binaries. I'm actually quite excited by the prospect of McClaren being manager, but I'm also extremely sympathetic to the view that the way IH's dismissal has been handled is problematic, and that it's just a shame really. I don't think the former prohibits being sentimental about what Holloway means to this club.

Edit: or that being sentimental should be criticised for that matter. Where would football be without sentimentality?
[Post edited 12 May 2018 21:22]
McClaren incoming on 21:30 - May 12 with 4086 viewsPunteR

McClaren incoming on 21:11 - May 12 by FDC

The trouble with message boards and social media in general is that arguements always become extremely entrenched, and people end up defending false binaries. I'm actually quite excited by the prospect of McClaren being manager, but I'm also extremely sympathetic to the view that the way IH's dismissal has been handled is problematic, and that it's just a shame really. I don't think the former prohibits being sentimental about what Holloway means to this club.

Edit: or that being sentimental should be criticised for that matter. Where would football be without sentimentality?

Ollie got the job because of sentimentality.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 21:31]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren incoming on 21:42 - May 12 with 4059 viewsFDC

McClaren incoming on 21:30 - May 12 by PunteR

For sure. The club almost certainly appointed him because they wanted someone who would be a hit with the supporters, and IH was that person for sentimental reasons. I was in favour at the time too . And I think he's done a reasonable job -- he's done what was asked, in an extremely erratic Holloway-type way!

I do think it might be time to move on though, as sad as it is.
McClaren incoming on 22:00 - May 12 with 4004 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

McClaren incoming on 19:44 - May 12 by loftinspace

Well it's not just sentimentality for Holloway. It's sentimentality for QPR. This season for the first time in years I was watching a QPR man in charge of a QPR team surrounded by QPR fans. It was far from fckinng amazing but then that's QPR.

Now we seem going back to fantasy land. It's not just about Holloway. It's the new manager's going to make it all better thing. I suspect it will be far from amazing but hope to be proved wrong.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 22:02]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

McClaren incoming on 22:14 - May 12 with 3971 viewsQPR_John

McClaren incoming on 22:00 - May 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

Well it's not just sentimentality for Holloway. It's sentimentality for QPR. This season for the first time in years I was watching a QPR man in charge of a QPR team surrounded by QPR fans. It was far from fckinng amazing but then that's QPR.

Now we seem going back to fantasy land. It's not just about Holloway. It's the new manager's going to make it all better thing. I suspect it will be far from amazing but hope to be proved wrong.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 22:02]

Well it will always be QPR fans and I know what you mean by a QPR team but if you always want a QPR man in charge it is a very small group to pick from
McClaren incoming on 22:15 - May 12 with 3962 viewsqprphil

I don't think many at all will argue that McClaren is an excellent coach, as said by many players. Getting his man management skills on the pitch are the things that worry me. But lets give him a chance.
McClaren incoming on 22:17 - May 12 with 3952 viewsCiderwithRsie

McClaren incoming on 22:15 - May 12 by qprphil

I don't think many at all will argue that McClaren is an excellent coach, as said by many players. Getting his man management skills on the pitch are the things that worry me. But lets give him a chance.

Might be a good idea to wait for him to be appointed first. Or even publicly say he wants the job.
McClaren incoming on 07:07 - May 13 with 3735 viewsRTID

McClaren incoming on 07:26 - May 12 by RTID

First post on here but posted loads on Not606.

Why don't we look at some facts to drive our opinions?

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/steve-mcclaren/

Not pretty reading I'm afraid. Unless I am mistaken, the graph looks fairly depressing and poses the question as to why The Board would actually want to appoint a man with that record? With every successive managerial post, without exception, his win rate has got worse.

Do you think we should print this off and post it snail mail to The Board as part of their 'due diligence'?

We've seen this so many times with managers and players. Either they or The Board believe it will be better this time at QPR. In this instance, history suggests it will probably not be so.

Very sorry to have mislead. They've ordered the list by win rate in descending order, not chronologically!

Should have spotted that.

His last outing was with Derby with a much higher win rate.

Apologies again.
McClaren incoming on 08:27 - May 13 with 3670 viewsdistortR

McClaren incoming on 21:11 - May 12 by FDC

after 22 pages I've learnt a couple of things.

1) Ted is a sexist pig. I demand equality! he'd have biffed me for saying whatever cheshireblondhoop said, so he should have biffed her...and

2) FDC wants to have his cake AND eat it.
McClaren incoming on 09:07 - May 13 with 3585 viewsFDC

McClaren incoming on 08:27 - May 13 by distortR

1) Ted is a sexist pig. I demand equality! he'd have biffed me for saying whatever cheshireblondhoop said, so he should have biffed her...and

My aim is to apply the dialectical method to the LFW discourse (and to eat cake)
McClaren incoming on 13:29 - May 13 with 3381 viewsterryb

McClaren incoming on 08:27 - May 13 by distortR

I've never understood why anyone would want the cake & not eat it!
McClaren incoming on 13:43 - May 13 with 3334 viewsjohnhoop

McClaren incoming on 22:17 - May 12 by CiderwithRsie

Might be a good idea to wait for him to be appointed first. Or even publicly say he wants the job.

Sincerely hope he does, or this will begin to look like the mother of all f-ups if we have to start trawling for anybody who’s prepared to come and work for us after giving Ollie the boot.
McClaren incoming on 14:47 - May 13 with 3206 viewsjohncharles

McClaren incoming on 13:43 - May 13 by johnhoop

Sincerely hope he does, or this will begin to look like the mother of all f-ups if we have to start trawling for anybody who’s prepared to come and work for us after giving Ollie the boot.

It seems to be heading in that direction. If Holloway had left by “mutual agreement” then it would be fine to take a few weeks to get the right man but sacking Ollie and not having someone ready to step in “with immediate effect 🙀” is beginning to look like a tantrum.

Strong and stable my arse.

McClaren incoming on 14:53 - May 13 with 3187 viewsQPR_John

McClaren incoming on 14:47 - May 13 by johncharles

It seems to be heading in that direction. If Holloway had left by “mutual agreement” then it would be fine to take a few weeks to get the right man but sacking Ollie and not having someone ready to step in “with immediate effect 🙀” is beginning to look like a tantrum.

I agree but to have somebody ready to step in would suggest that said person was approached/interviewed while Holloway was still employed. A lot of people seem to think this approach is unacceptable.
McClaren incoming on 15:51 - May 13 with 3099 viewsfrancisbowles

My gut feeling is there will be a presser on Monday.
McClaren incoming on 17:04 - May 13 with 2978 viewsLblock

McClaren incoming on 09:53 - May 12 by Ashdown_Ranger

Would be hilarious if we we announced Silva as manager on Monday after this apparent brinkmanship...

Not for me

I lumped on Schteve at 1/7 earlier this week

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

McClaren incoming on 17:07 - May 13 with 2966 viewsLblock

In other news..... mates of my mine met Bungles “dream manager” at Gatwick on Thursday
He said he’d of grabbed the job “if I’d been available” and also said the club have never spoken to him directly

I’d like to see this sorted but I’ve got a funny feeling they’re waiting to do a double announcement with Warren Farm

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

McClaren incoming on 17:11 - May 13 with 2950 viewsMedwayR

McClaren incoming on 17:07 - May 13 by Lblock

In other news..... mates of my mine met Bungles “dream manager” at Gatwick on Thursday
He said he’d of grabbed the job “if I’d been available” and also said the club have never spoken to him directly

I’d like to see this sorted but I’ve got a funny feeling they’re waiting to do a double announcement with Warren Farm

Surely we can't have managerial appointments getting appealed by that lot too?!!

Poll: Who’s better?

McClaren incoming on 17:24 - May 13 with 2920 viewshoopdog

McClaren incoming on 21:30 - May 12 by PunteR

Go on think back !! Les Hoos and Fernandez didn't think of him or want him , after sacking JFH there wasn't anybody banging on the door to throw their hat into the ring , Ollie was cheap and the only one that really wanted the job
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024