Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren incoming 15:31 - May 1 with 141968 viewshubble

...according to a poster on WATRB...

Read it here, if you're not averse to a bit of rough: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2464866-mclaren-new-ma

[Post edited 1 May 2018 15:37]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

McClaren incoming on 21:29 - May 16 with 4687 viewsdanehoop

McClaren incoming on 20:03 - May 16 by VancouverHoop

Any consortium would be looking at dealing with around a quarter of a billion pounds in debt and potential fines. That's before they get to running costs and whatever our current owners might want in their own pockets.

Our board is collectively extremely wealthy. I suspect they are financially better equipped than most to survive the mistakes they've made in the past. They've also shown no signs that they want to cut their, considerable, losses and run. If there is another group out there wanting to buy a Championship club there are surely more affordable opportunities.

If a consortium does exist Steve McClaren likely isn't at the head of it. He may have managed his money well but I doubt he's made enough to be able to buy into this level of game.

I hope the delay (and we only think it's a delay because Sky and others keep coming up with random arbitrary dates) is because our current executive has learned from the past and is doing due diligence. Hoos, and he'd be the one dealing with the numbers, doesn't strike me as someone who'll be rushed because others are wringing their hands.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 21:01]

I think that there are 2 problems with that scenario, the first is a positive one in that there is effectively no debt given the debt/equity conversation that happened last year. That means effectively that the club's value is whatever the seller/buyer agree if a fair value for the club. That would be dependent on the perceived value of the ground, player and trademark assets and future growth potential. It could see a change of hands for a token amount if that is what the different parties agree.

The second issue is how much of QPR is tied up as leverage within the apparent land/property development interests that our current owners seem to be pursuing in the area. Given that none of them seem to have a background in property, and they weren't initially at least, overly successful in their dealings, the only obvious lever that they have is the QPR brand. So just have to wonder whether it is this element of the business that is seen as the attractive element in terms of future investment value to any potential investor.

Those two factors seem to be intrinsic in assessing the relative attractiveness from both a buyers/sellers perspective. From the current shareholders perspective, they know that they have effectively lost/invested a huge sum of money at this point on QPR. Even with Hoos excellent work they know that QPR will remain a largely loss making exercise unless they reach the Prem. However, they are now making progress on the property side and stand gain potential hundreds of millions of pounds if their plans prove to be effective. So for them the question is whether the potential gains will outstrip losses in the medium to long term, or whether to try and cut there losses and dispose of the club in a way that at least in part compensates them or allows some upside to the potential property benefit.

For a potential purchaser, the same issues are likely to be at play, but with the gamble being how much is paid for the club as the enabler for any property investment. Is it worth spending £5-10M per year propping up the loss making club and whatever value agreed for the purchase of the club?

Never knowingly understood

McClaren incoming on 21:37 - May 16 with 4652 viewskropotkin41

Looked at from the other direction, and seeing as we have absolutely no evidence that any consortium forms a part of these supposedly ongoing talks with McClaren, what we do know then - do we? - is that he has been interested in moving into ownership of a club....... York or Forest so far. It seems a little bit odd to me for a man interested in being an owner/director to be looking at management again, especially of QPR with all our sh*t going on.......... he must have really enjoyed his coaching stint with us........ I mean, really!

And how long would a guy looking at owner/director want to manage again for anyway? All very odd, if you ask me.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

McClaren incoming on 21:40 - May 16 with 4627 viewsWestbourneR

McClaren incoming on 19:46 - May 16 by mylot50years

What a difference a week makes, this time last week Clive you appeared to have a crystal ball.

Bit of a pissy comment and I can't see the reason for it. Last week Northern clearly had spoken to someone with good info. That info did not include mention of a consortium.

I don't know what your sarcy 'crystal ball' has to do with anything.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

McClaren incoming on 21:41 - May 16 with 4619 viewsloftboy

McClaren incoming on 21:37 - May 16 by kropotkin41

Looked at from the other direction, and seeing as we have absolutely no evidence that any consortium forms a part of these supposedly ongoing talks with McClaren, what we do know then - do we? - is that he has been interested in moving into ownership of a club....... York or Forest so far. It seems a little bit odd to me for a man interested in being an owner/director to be looking at management again, especially of QPR with all our sh*t going on.......... he must have really enjoyed his coaching stint with us........ I mean, really!

And how long would a guy looking at owner/director want to manage again for anyway? All very odd, if you ask me.

Was just wondering something similar, surely if an offer had been put on the table wouldn’t something have to be lodged at company house or the stock exchange warning about it?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

McClaren incoming on 21:54 - May 16 with 4563 viewsVancouverHoop

Yeah. I suspect the consortium thing is a result of Chinese whispers/internet rumour. I heard the York story a while back from a City supporter. Frankly no one there believed it and it rapidly died a death. No idea why it moved on to Forest, but again, nothing came of it.

Potentially you can see why Forest and QPR might interest the same group. Similar sized clubs in the same division. But York City are different matter. They're much more than one-stop from the Premier League. I see very little connection with us or Forest from either an investment or footballing PoV. Finally, so far as I know, aside from McClaren, there've been no names mentioned in connection with these shadowy buyers, or even clues to who they might be, or where they come from.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 21:56]
McClaren incoming on 21:55 - May 16 with 4557 viewsWilloW4

A mate of mine tried to stick a fairly large bet on McClaren as next QPR manager six weeks ago... The bookies wouldn't have it..said it was nailed on , so he didnt... As others have said, there's a reason this news is taking longer than the normal shift of management...not looking forward to Schteve's pretend mockney accent..lets just hope it all goes well, and we'll see some good football at W.12 next season....Onwards and er, um, upwards.
McClaren incoming on 22:41 - May 16 with 4413 viewskensalriser

The McClaren Forest consortium story dates from 2011. My guess is the current rumour is simply the same story re-baked and extrapolated.

Loftboy, QPR hasn't been a listed company since the Wright days.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

McClaren incoming on 23:25 - May 16 with 4279 viewsloftinspace

McClaren incoming on 21:55 - May 16 by WilloW4

A mate of mine tried to stick a fairly large bet on McClaren as next QPR manager six weeks ago... The bookies wouldn't have it..said it was nailed on , so he didnt... As others have said, there's a reason this news is taking longer than the normal shift of management...not looking forward to Schteve's pretend mockney accent..lets just hope it all goes well, and we'll see some good football at W.12 next season....Onwards and er, um, upwards.

I tried to get on before Ollie was sacked. Spoke to P.Power, S.Index and Betfair. Not only would they not lay any odds on any QPR manager market, no one had formed a market relating to any of it. I was told that this was because it was the type of market vulnerable to insider trading, no dice. That seemed significant because they aren't normally so shy of next manager markets.

The whole Ollie out, SMac in story went public on WATRB before the end of the season. They got there first, before any media outlet or any 'privileged' individuals and I think events will prove that this info was spot on. The same source added that SMac was fronting - not heading - a consortium, and we have yet to see how accurate that bit turns out to be.

For several months there had been speculation on WATRB about the mechanics of a take over, ie was it actually feasible given the many complicating factors. Ruben's acquisition of the majority holding (and the serious interest he is recouping) also seemed to indicate that sands were shifting. It was not too long after that that the Ollie / SMac thing kicked in.

That's pretty much the back story from here. At least this time round the decision making process feels more considered, whatever the outcome.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 23:28]
Login to get fewer ads

McClaren incoming on 23:44 - May 16 with 4206 viewsPunteR

McClaren incoming on 23:25 - May 16 by loftinspace

I tried to get on before Ollie was sacked. Spoke to P.Power, S.Index and Betfair. Not only would they not lay any odds on any QPR manager market, no one had formed a market relating to any of it. I was told that this was because it was the type of market vulnerable to insider trading, no dice. That seemed significant because they aren't normally so shy of next manager markets.

The whole Ollie out, SMac in story went public on WATRB before the end of the season. They got there first, before any media outlet or any 'privileged' individuals and I think events will prove that this info was spot on. The same source added that SMac was fronting - not heading - a consortium, and we have yet to see how accurate that bit turns out to be.

For several months there had been speculation on WATRB about the mechanics of a take over, ie was it actually feasible given the many complicating factors. Ruben's acquisition of the majority holding (and the serious interest he is recouping) also seemed to indicate that sands were shifting. It was not too long after that that the Ollie / SMac thing kicked in.

That's pretty much the back story from here. At least this time round the decision making process feels more considered, whatever the outcome.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 23:28]

Who are you Loftinspace? Do you work for or have links to this consortium? No disrespect but from what ive seen you've only appeared on LFW since this started happening, and you've only posted on this subject as far as i can see..
Apologies in advance if i've got it wrong.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren incoming on 11:28 - May 17 with 3839 viewsrobith

Legit don't know where the consortium stuff has come from. I know they'd bite their arm off to sell, but who'd want it.

TBH my occam's razor take - the board grew tired of Holloway and moved him on, they fancy McClaren to replace him based on impressing them when he was here last
McClaren incoming on 11:33 - May 17 with 3819 viewsisawqpratwcity

McClaren incoming on 11:28 - May 17 by robith

Legit don't know where the consortium stuff has come from. I know they'd bite their arm off to sell, but who'd want it.

TBH my occam's razor take - the board grew tired of Holloway and moved him on, they fancy McClaren to replace him based on impressing them when he was here last

Quite reasonable.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

McClaren incoming on 12:06 - May 17 with 3684 viewsFDC

I make you right. The consortium stuff has come from the poster on WATRB's who was calling the McClaren appointment -- which hasn't yet happened let's not forget!
McClaren incoming on 13:28 - May 17 with 3436 viewsR_from_afar

You perhaps don't mean it to sound that way but your explanation does rather make it sound as if only the board had grown tired of him, whereas he has copped for a lot of flak from a great many fans.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

McClaren incoming on 13:32 - May 17 with 3416 viewsEsox_Lucius

It is also possible, in the consortium scenario, that the 102 acres of OOC land may be coming into play. It may belong to a different group to the football team but it has been mooted as part of the clubs development plan wrt creating a new fanbase and stadium etc. If the land owners don't want to include the 102 acres in the QPR selling price thanI can see it being a big obstacle.
*caveat, this is all mere speculation on my part.

The grass is always greener.

McClaren incoming on 13:39 - May 17 with 3381 viewshoopdog

It's quite common when there's a take over that the inconbant manager gets shipped out , I was told in confidence, and posted that that j Gregory would be moved out when tango and cash were about to take over , I had over a hundred posts slagging me off because I wouldn't divulge my info , tango and cash starved J G of cash and sacked him , not saying that's the case here just that it's not uncommon
McClaren incoming on 13:39 - May 17 with 3377 viewsdanehoop

McClaren incoming on 13:32 - May 17 by Esox_Lucius

It is also possible, in the consortium scenario, that the 102 acres of OOC land may be coming into play. It may belong to a different group to the football team but it has been mooted as part of the clubs development plan wrt creating a new fanbase and stadium etc. If the land owners don't want to include the 102 acres in the QPR selling price thanI can see it being a big obstacle.
*caveat, this is all mere speculation on my part.

That is kind of where I was going with my earlier post. The current board have invested into real estate, but don’t have a background in it. It is the most likely way that they might recoup at least part of their losses, but we don’t know just how much of that would be tied in any buyout or just how much of their property development is planned around the club.

McClaren incoming on 15:11 - May 17 with 3189 viewsloftinspace

McClaren incoming on 23:44 - May 16 by PunteR

Who are you Loftinspace? Do you work for or have links to this consortium? No disrespect but from what ive seen you've only appeared on LFW since this started happening, and you've only posted on this subject as far as i can see..
Apologies in advance if i've got it wrong.

Just a fan who likes the occasional punt.

I've been critical of many of TF's appointments over the years, and not in hindsight. He just seemed horribly vulnerable in shark infested waters. Kia J had his pants down, but he was not the first: Bernie stitched him up like a kipper re Caterham. There were other major decisions which were just completely baffling.

However, I admire Uncle's honesty in admitting his shortcomings, and he may be about to get a major call spot on. Which is reason enough to post in itself!
McClaren incoming on 17:43 - May 17 with 2962 viewsrobith

McClaren incoming on 13:28 - May 17 by R_from_afar

You perhaps don't mean it to sound that way but your explanation does rather make it sound as if only the board had grown tired of him, whereas he has copped for a lot of flak from a great many fans.

RFA

Aye he did, but I suspect that wasn't the board's motivating factor
McClaren incoming on 08:10 - May 18 with 2587 viewssmegma

18 days into May and still nothing announced. But it must be true as we're also 26 pages in.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 8:11]
McClaren incoming on 08:21 - May 18 with 2549 viewsDejR_vu

McClaren incoming on 08:10 - May 18 by smegma

18 days into May and still nothing announced. But it must be true as we're also 26 pages in.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 8:11]

The longer this goes on, given the board's track record of bumbling incompetence, anyone else getting a nervous feeling that this might be the next item on the very, very long list of f&ck ups?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

McClaren incoming on 08:27 - May 18 with 2524 viewsjohncharles

McClaren incoming on 08:21 - May 18 by DejR_vu

The longer this goes on, given the board's track record of bumbling incompetence, anyone else getting a nervous feeling that this might be the next item on the very, very long list of f&ck ups?

Yes

Strong and stable my arse.

McClaren incoming on 08:49 - May 18 with 2458 viewsspencer

I know this sounds mad, but when Ollie was "sacked" after his last game, i thought that we had a manager in place. I then thought the new manager has so much time to sit down assess his squad and have best part of summer to prepare for next season. I thought for once, QPR have done it correct. I thought maybe he is already in place, somewhere in the background

Then i realised, stop thinking !!
[Post edited 18 May 2018 8:50]
McClaren incoming on 09:01 - May 18 with 2410 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Maybe the suspected ‘incoming’ manager and ownership ‘interest’ are not one and the same?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

McClaren incoming on 09:03 - May 18 with 2392 viewsPinnerPaul

McClaren incoming on 20:03 - May 16 by VancouverHoop

Any consortium would be looking at dealing with around a quarter of a billion pounds in debt and potential fines. That's before they get to running costs and whatever our current owners might want in their own pockets.

Our board is collectively extremely wealthy. I suspect they are financially better equipped than most to survive the mistakes they've made in the past. They've also shown no signs that they want to cut their, considerable, losses and run. If there is another group out there wanting to buy a Championship club there are surely more affordable opportunities.

If a consortium does exist Steve McClaren likely isn't at the head of it. He may have managed his money well but I doubt he's made enough to be able to buy into this level of game.

I hope the delay (and we only think it's a delay because Sky and others keep coming up with random arbitrary dates) is because our current executive has learned from the past and is doing due diligence. Hoos, and he'd be the one dealing with the numbers, doesn't strike me as someone who'll be rushed because others are wringing their hands.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 21:01]

Blimey - 26 pages and finally we get someone talking some sense!
McClaren incoming on 09:15 - May 18 with 2341 viewsdanehoop

McClaren incoming on 09:03 - May 18 by PinnerPaul

Blimey - 26 pages and finally we get someone talking some sense!

Agreed. Except there isn’t any material debt following the debt to equity conversion last year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024