Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren incoming 15:31 - May 1 with 144638 viewshubble

...according to a poster on WATRB...

Read it here, if you're not averse to a bit of rough: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2464866-mclaren-new-ma

[Post edited 1 May 2018 15:37]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

McClaren incoming on 15:36 - May 16 with 4142 viewsisawqpratwcity

McClaren incoming on 15:30 - May 16 by loftinspace

No, because in the consortium scenario the Ollie thing is just the prequel. Real negotiations start with QPR Holdings etc = lots to negotiate, %s etc.

All of this assumes the consortium scenario as fact, we don't know that, but the longer it goes on the more likely that becomes. In which case Ollie / SMac becomes back seat stuff.

But, unless you were going to sack him anyway, you don't sack some-one as a prequel.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

McClaren incoming on 16:11 - May 16 with 3964 viewskensalriser

Here's a question.

You're part of a wedged-up consortium looking to take over a football club.

Skipping over the question of why QPR in the first place, what factors would lead you to make Steve McClaren your choice of manager?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

McClaren incoming on 16:14 - May 16 with 3942 viewsloftinspace

McClaren incoming on 15:36 - May 16 by isawqpratwcity

But, unless you were going to sack him anyway, you don't sack some-one as a prequel.

Why not?

You just say right, we're putting this on the table but one pre-condition. Ollie goes, your problem, you sort the pay off.

If they have their own man (SMac) it makes absolute sense to me.
McClaren incoming on 16:17 - May 16 with 3926 viewsWatfordR

McClaren incoming on 16:11 - May 16 by kensalriser

Here's a question.

Skipping over the question of why QPR in the first place, what factors would lead you to make Steve McClaren your choice of manager?

As a few have suggested on here, I'm more inclined to believe that the additional announcement, if there is one, is likely to relate to Warren Farm. It would seem to make more sense that this would cause a delay than announcing additional funding/investors linked to McClaren coming in imo.
McClaren incoming on 16:25 - May 16 with 3880 viewsloftinspace

McClaren incoming on 16:11 - May 16 by kensalriser

Here's a question.

Could be that SMac himself helped bring them together.......
McClaren incoming on 16:27 - May 16 with 3857 viewsLythamR

McClaren incoming on 16:17 - May 16 by WatfordR

As a few have suggested on here, I'm more inclined to believe that the additional announcement, if there is one, is likely to relate to Warren Farm. It would seem to make more sense that this would cause a delay than announcing additional funding/investors linked to McClaren coming in imo.

knowing our luck, the new investor will be paladini and chums
McClaren incoming on 16:37 - May 16 with 3807 viewsisawqpratwcity

McClaren incoming on 16:14 - May 16 by loftinspace

Why not?

You just say right, we're putting this on the table but one pre-condition. Ollie goes, your problem, you sort the pay off.

If they have their own man (SMac) it makes absolute sense to me.

Nothing wrong with that, except you wouldn't sack him until the deal was all agreed. 'On the table' is not the same as agreed.

It's one thing to say 'we aren't going to sack him unless the deal is agreed', something quite different to say 'we weren't going to sack him, but you asked for it and so he's gone, now let's see if we can agree on the rest of the terms'.

I've often seen redundancies taking place as the responsibility of the previous management, but never before final terms have been struck.

McClaren incoming on 16:42 - May 16 with 3787 viewsDorse

McClaren incoming on 16:27 - May 16 by LythamR

knowing our luck, the new investor will be paladini and chums

'Nope. Guess again'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren incoming on 17:03 - May 16 with 3697 viewsisawqpratwcity

5 pm, right?

Well, another day without an announcement. Who said 'no news is good news'?

Goodnight.

McClaren incoming on 17:05 - May 16 with 3673 viewskingo

McClaren incoming on 16:25 - May 16 by loftinspace

Could be that SMac himself helped bring them together.......

That is what all the previous newspaper articles have intimated.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

McClaren incoming on 17:32 - May 16 with 3535 viewsloftinspace

McClaren incoming on 16:37 - May 16 by isawqpratwcity

Nothing wrong with that, except you wouldn't sack him until the deal was all agreed. 'On the table' is not the same as agreed.

It's one thing to say 'we aren't going to sack him unless the deal is agreed', something quite different to say 'we weren't going to sack him, but you asked for it and so he's gone, now let's see if we can agree on the rest of the terms'.

I've often seen redundancies taking place as the responsibility of the previous management, but never before final terms have been struck.

Update. SSN now reporting by end of week. Delay just adds to suspicion that this is more than just a change of manager.

Re the Ollie sacking - it all depends on what was on the table. Or maybe the board were thinking of getting rid anyway.

Either way the original hypothesis is looking more and more likely to be behind the delay.
McClaren incoming on 17:40 - May 16 with 3487 viewsPinnerPaul

McClaren incoming on 17:32 - May 16 by loftinspace

Update. SSN now reporting by end of week. Delay just adds to suspicion that this is more than just a change of manager.

Re the Ollie sacking - it all depends on what was on the table. Or maybe the board were thinking of getting rid anyway.

Either way the original hypothesis is looking more and more likely to be behind the delay.

Not so sure,

There's his basic wage to sort out, length of contract, bonus for promotion, basic in years 2 & 3 - 3 different levels needed there, transfer budget, wages budget, back room staff he may want to bring in, their wages etc.

His remit - Transfers? U23? Youth? Scouting? Players Wages?

Not just 'Hello Steve, sign here'

IF, and I am very doubtful, it is a takeover, no one has mentioned what happens to debt?
McClaren incoming on 17:57 - May 16 with 3397 viewsessextaxiboy

McClaren incoming on 17:03 - May 16 by isawqpratwcity

5 pm, right?

Well, another day without an announcement. Who said 'no news is good news'?

Goodnight.

Unless it is some sort of takeover , Mclaren may think he is now in with a chance at West Ham or Everton
McClaren incoming on 18:10 - May 16 with 3332 viewsloftinspace

McClaren incoming on 17:40 - May 16 by PinnerPaul

Not so sure,

There's his basic wage to sort out, length of contract, bonus for promotion, basic in years 2 & 3 - 3 different levels needed there, transfer budget, wages budget, back room staff he may want to bring in, their wages etc.

His remit - Transfers? U23? Youth? Scouting? Players Wages?

Not just 'Hello Steve, sign here'

IF, and I am very doubtful, it is a takeover, no one has mentioned what happens to debt?

We don't know when negotiations kicked off but my money is on prior to the Leeds game, and by some distance, looking at what Ollie and Uncle both said within hours of the final whistle. The fact that Ollie went so soon after that fixture aslo suggests that this thing has been on the burner for some time.

The debt question (plus QPR Holdings, the estate and FFP) are almost certainly why this whole thing is going to take a while to get over the line. Said elsewhere this wouldn't be quick.

Re the other post, I'd offer very decent odds that SMac wont be going to Goodison irrespective of what happens at LR.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 18:15]
McClaren incoming on 18:33 - May 16 with 3251 viewsenfieldargh

Notice that Clive is staying schtum, he probably knew before the Preston game

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

McClaren incoming on 19:12 - May 16 with 3121 viewskensalriser

McClaren incoming on 17:05 - May 16 by kingo

That is what all the previous newspaper articles have intimated.

Then why not just give him a consultancy fee? Unless there's an existing personal relationship involved

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

McClaren incoming on 19:20 - May 16 with 3074 viewsNorthernr

McClaren incoming on 18:33 - May 16 by enfieldargh

Notice that Clive is staying schtum, he probably knew before the Preston game

No, haven’t heard the takeover/consortium thing or any hint or suggestion of it from anybody at any point.
McClaren incoming on 19:26 - May 16 with 3047 viewsDiscodroids

All bollocks aside and without the verbal diarrhoea for once, im sure many of us on here have faced the white light void of life and its mouldering adversities. Ollie certainly has and juts his chin out for more .

the right stuff.

I thought of that scene in 'I.D' when i heard ollie had been carted out..

"Fu ck it".

A Number One.

McClaren incoming on 19:46 - May 16 with 2952 viewsmylot50years

McClaren incoming on 19:20 - May 16 by Northernr

No, haven’t heard the takeover/consortium thing or any hint or suggestion of it from anybody at any point.

What a difference a week makes, this time last week Clive you appeared to have a crystal ball.
McClaren incoming on 19:47 - May 16 with 2944 viewsLongsufferingR

Hmmm. The old "firm denial will throw them off the scent" gambit. I will take that firm denial as confirmation that you knew all along and have been asked to keep quiet. Expecting announcement imminently.
McClaren incoming on 19:54 - May 16 with 2917 viewsGloryHunter

The idea that "the consortium" had been looking to buy a couple of other clubs first - York and then Forest - would suggest (apart from the fact that there is no particular interest in QPR - it's just a means to an end) that SM would not be just manager or coach, but part-owner. Now, if he's installed by his own consortium as manager, and the team fails to perform, what happens then - does he sack himself? That is quite some conflict of interest.
McClaren incoming on 20:03 - May 16 with 2875 viewsVancouverHoop

Any consortium would be looking at dealing with around a quarter of a billion pounds in debt and potential fines. That's before they get to running costs and whatever our current owners might want in their own pockets.

Our board is collectively extremely wealthy. I suspect they are financially better equipped than most to survive the mistakes they've made in the past. They've also shown no signs that they want to cut their, considerable, losses and run. If there is another group out there wanting to buy a Championship club there are surely more affordable opportunities.

If a consortium does exist Steve McClaren likely isn't at the head of it. He may have managed his money well but I doubt he's made enough to be able to buy into this level of game.

I hope the delay (and we only think it's a delay because Sky and others keep coming up with random arbitrary dates) is because our current executive has learned from the past and is doing due diligence. Hoos, and he'd be the one dealing with the numbers, doesn't strike me as someone who'll be rushed because others are wringing their hands.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 21:01]
McClaren incoming on 20:54 - May 16 with 2761 viewsMatch82

McClaren incoming on 19:54 - May 16 by GloryHunter

The idea that "the consortium" had been looking to buy a couple of other clubs first - York and then Forest - would suggest (apart from the fact that there is no particular interest in QPR - it's just a means to an end) that SM would not be just manager or coach, but part-owner. Now, if he's installed by his own consortium as manager, and the team fails to perform, what happens then - does he sack himself? That is quite some conflict of interest.

Yeah honestly this is the bit that terrifies me. If he is a part owner, and manager, what happens if a change needs to be made?
McClaren incoming on 21:22 - May 16 with 2663 viewsphilc

The delay is probably due to the finer details of responsibility, we have the roles of Les, Gary and Chris to consider. Also maybe about the coaching team he wants to bring in. (I personally hope that Lee Carsley is coming) and any future role for Mark (who I also hope is staying).
There are lots of additional things to be decided

[Post edited 16 May 2018 21:25]
McClaren incoming on 21:25 - May 16 with 2650 viewsDorse

Yes you have. There's 25 pages of it here.

J'accuse!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024