Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread 10:43 - Oct 6 with 43319 viewsmarchamjack

Can't see one so thought I'd start it.

Need to play much much better than Thursday to get anything today. Hope Bony starts and we take a positive attitude to this away game, not the negative approach we saw at Spurs. Not feeling overly hopeful I must say, but also hope to be proved wrong.

COYS

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:33 - Oct 6 with 2167 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Oct 6 by monmouth

This is it for me. have to score when your on top and we were on top for most of the game. Soton took all three of their real chances (disallowed goal was a goal) and we took none. As an away performance, it was fine. Certainly not a bag o shite. You just have to score, and we didn't.

For me though, if its Poz on its Michu - or Bony - off and Leon and Ash simply have to start if they are fit.

And it keeps on

Michu and Bony are not at the races at the moment and is Routledge playing for a loan out? Maybe why he didn't celebrate!! Didn't want to score but no to would have been too obvious.

I still think ML is aiming at Europe and hoping for the best in the Prem, after all Southampton ARE in out league.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Oct 6 with 2133 viewsCaptain_Sham

"I still think ML is aiming at Europe and hoping for the best in the Prem, after all Southampton ARE in out league."
Fk me I laughed out at that one. Some people have very apt usernames.

Its just a ride.

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:36 - Oct 6 with 2122 viewsGeoffThom

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Oct 6 by waynekerr55

That's a bit harsh Geoffrey

He's going to take time to adapt to the league. Hell, even Giroud was being called cr*p at Arsenal and now look at him.

(Ducks for cover)

We're not arsenal we don't have other people banging them in from around the park bony can't be a luxury he had to hit the ground running ,Jesus were even getting excuses out of laudrup for him ,after shecter last year I'm starting to worry weather laudrup knows a good forward we've still got lita and I'd have kept Moore I think bony is the same as lita
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:37 - Oct 6 with 2092 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Oct 6 by AnotherJohn

Very disappointing result given the amount of possession we had. Unfortunately we are in a period where we are shakey at the back and lack cutting edge up front. My own pet theory is that we have to get the ball into the danger area more quickly once we create openings. Routledge and Shelvey had plenty of chances to cross when instead they check out and pass back to team mates who hit something in from a much worse angle. My other thought is that if we had 'cashed in' on Ash for 6M, as quite a few on this board wanted, we would be facing a relegation battle.

Crosses went in al game - some poor but plenty of beauts -
No point crossing high if no one id prepared to attack the ball. Too often Michu and Bony only attempted to head a ball if it was on their heads and then without power or direction.
We are not playing to our strengths especially in the and around the box.

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:39 - Oct 6 with 2065 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Oct 6 by Captain_Sham

"I still think ML is aiming at Europe and hoping for the best in the Prem, after all Southampton ARE in out league."
Fk me I laughed out at that one. Some people have very apt usernames.

There is a discussion going on here and you jump in with the usual 'smart' comment and personal insult.

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:39 - Oct 6 with 2059 viewswr72

I'd love us to sign a real classy winger in january.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Oct 6 with 2054 viewsHerohead

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:32 - Oct 6 by Laudrup

Hopefully Pablo will be back fit after the international break.
He has been much better than Routledge this season.

Dyer on the other hand has been better this season than last season.

F.. This

I will let all you Doom'n gloom ppl have yor way.
We suck
Bony was a mistake

We are certain for relagation before christmas.

Happy now!?

No mention that we were the better team, if we just could convert our f.. Chances and not give oppo an easy goal.

Every f.. Time we lose there is 8000 f.. Wannabe Fifa managers in here with the should have would have could have!

Great way of supporting your team!

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:41 - Oct 6 with 2029 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:36 - Oct 6 by GeoffThom

We're not arsenal we don't have other people banging them in from around the park bony can't be a luxury he had to hit the ground running ,Jesus were even getting excuses out of laudrup for him ,after shecter last year I'm starting to worry weather laudrup knows a good forward we've still got lita and I'd have kept Moore I think bony is the same as lita

I'm not making the direct comparison Geoff what I'm saying is it takes time to adapt.

There definitely was something strange about the continued presence of the worst player ever to grace a Swans jersey, which I believe had something to do with certain people sharing the same agent. Anyway I digress...

I think the problem lies in the fact that we are going too direct. Diagonals, straight balls, passes that are more Bollywood than Hollywood...

Get Britton and JDG back in to add some calmness and composure.

And lets hope Brains doesn't pick Ash in those dead rubber games

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:41 - Oct 6 with 2027 viewssketty_jack

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Oct 6 by monmouth

This is it for me. have to score when your on top and we were on top for most of the game. Soton took all three of their real chances (disallowed goal was a goal) and we took none. As an away performance, it was fine. Certainly not a bag o shite. You just have to score, and we didn't.

For me though, if its Poz on its Michu - or Bony - off and Leon and Ash simply have to start if they are fit.

Spot on.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:42 - Oct 6 with 2017 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:37 - Oct 6 by Dull1Thomas

Crosses went in al game - some poor but plenty of beauts -
No point crossing high if no one id prepared to attack the ball. Too often Michu and Bony only attempted to head a ball if it was on their heads and then without power or direction.
We are not playing to our strengths especially in the and around the box.

Not from the right angles though! I stick to my point that we missed many opportunities to cross from near the goal line. A lot of the crap crosses came from beyond the 18 yard line.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 15:42]
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:42 - Oct 6 with 2014 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Oct 6 by Herohead

F.. This

We suck
Bony was a mistake

Happy now!?

No mention that we were the better team, if we just could convert our f.. Chances and not give oppo an easy goal.

Every f.. Time we lose there is 8000 f.. Wannabe Fifa managers in here with the should have would have could have!

TBF - over reaction is the name of the game here after a defeat but I'm sick of hearing we were the better team but didn't win.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to go the Cardiff or Stoke way but better teams win.

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:42 - Oct 6 with 2011 viewsJackbustard

Bony + £12 million = his fault today.

For me Shelvey shouldnt be in our side until he can work out how we play. Keep possesion, keep things ticking over and give them simple ball when its on. Hes looked a world beater in some games but today he was so frustrating.

Always looking for that world class ball even when the simpler pass would get us moving forward and a player into space. Lost count of the times players made good runs in front of him and he either shoot (badly) or smashed a ball 60 yards which didnt create anything at all when he had much better options on. And dont get me started on delivery of a set piece.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:43 - Oct 6 with 2006 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:42 - Oct 6 by AnotherJohn

Not from the right angles though! I stick to my point that we missed many opportunities to cross from near the goal line. A lot of the crap crosses came from beyond the 18 yard line.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 15:42]

Agree with that

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:43 - Oct 6 with 1997 viewsGeoffThom

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:41 - Oct 6 by waynekerr55

I'm not making the direct comparison Geoff what I'm saying is it takes time to adapt.

There definitely was something strange about the continued presence of the worst player ever to grace a Swans jersey, which I believe had something to do with certain people sharing the same agent. Anyway I digress...

I think the problem lies in the fact that we are going too direct. Diagonals, straight balls, passes that are more Bollywood than Hollywood...

Get Britton and JDG back in to add some calmness and composure.

And lets hope Brains doesn't pick Ash in those dead rubber games

Prob with that one jdg is of the boil and boil in the bag Coleman is stupid enough to pick ash
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:45 - Oct 6 with 1972 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:42 - Oct 6 by Jackbustard

Bony + £12 million = his fault today.

For me Shelvey shouldnt be in our side until he can work out how we play. Keep possesion, keep things ticking over and give them simple ball when its on. Hes looked a world beater in some games but today he was so frustrating.

Always looking for that world class ball even when the simpler pass would get us moving forward and a player into space. Lost count of the times players made good runs in front of him and he either shoot (badly) or smashed a ball 60 yards which didnt create anything at all when he had much better options on. And dont get me started on delivery of a set piece.

For me he takes too long to decide on the pass and then has limited choice and hammering the long ball gets him out of trouble .. .if it work he looks great if it doesn't .. well it was an adventurous attempt.

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:48 - Oct 6 with 1932 viewsmonmouth

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Oct 6 by Herohead

F.. This

We suck
Bony was a mistake

Happy now!?

My favorite post of the day and probably for the next few days. Should be a sticky. Fine margins. Last year down there we played much much worse, got utterly bossed and nicked an undeserved point. Why,? Nathan's shot was a few millimetres more accurate and we didn't have a defensive brainfart.

The performance was ok. The results will come.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Oct 6 with 1918 viewscentrestandswan

Can't beat any of the top teams can't win a game after going a goal behind forwards who think they only have to hang around the box and it will all happen, at least we will have a relegation battle to enjoy.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:50 - Oct 6 with 1909 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:45 - Oct 6 by Dull1Thomas

For me he takes too long to decide on the pass and then has limited choice and hammering the long ball gets him out of trouble .. .if it work he looks great if it doesn't .. well it was an adventurous attempt.

Shelvey's looked best when he's brought the ball forward himself rather than looked for the pass. He can beat a man and is a powerful runner. He can do for us (obviously at a lower level) the kind of job that Toure does at Citeh.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:51 - Oct 6 with 1900 viewsJackbustard

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:45 - Oct 6 by Dull1Thomas

If it works out there is no better midfielder at this club in his position. Unforunatly it doesnt come off that often. I think you have hit the nail on the head about his indecision, everyone else knows our style of play and will look to move the ball on quick to get us into space, he loves to take the touch and look for that world class pass when the best option could be a few yards away.

He will come good no doubt about that but he doesnt suit the way we play at the moment. Ive lost count over the past few weeks the amount of time his lacklustre balls have got us into trouble and invited the opposition on.

If he can mix it up and give the simple ball now and again then he will do well here but he isnt Steven Gerrard and should be looking to smash every ball 50 or 60 yards because it looks good. He doe it is sometimes and it comes off and we are in a worst position than when he got the ball. He could learn a lot from JDG.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:51 - Oct 6 with 1894 viewsdeanscfc

That felt like watching a championship standard game today...what's happened to our 'playing in triangles'. Painful!
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:53 - Oct 6 with 1866 viewsmonmouth

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:51 - Oct 6 by deanscfc

That felt like watching a championship standard game today...what's happened to our 'playing in triangles'. Painful!

Honest? You thought that was championship standard?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:55 - Oct 6 with 1852 viewsmawdlamjack

ffs this result puts soton into 3rd, lets not look at table till december, then we can see where we are, we a need a tad more composure in midfield and in front of goal and we'll be ok, spend some dosh on a winger who can cross a ball accurately and we'll be more than ok. ml's selection and substitutions continue to baffle me ,perhaps one daY HE'LL BAFFLE THE OPPOSITION TOO

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:01 - Oct 6 with 1822 viewsShaky

Another thing that seems to be going wrong is that the defense have abandoned the high line and are lying very deep.

Maybe this is due to concerns about opposition pressing, but as a result the midfield are moved back creating a lack of attacking options. I don't recall seeing many good runs from from deep in recent games.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:02 - Oct 6 with 1811 viewsSkipTheJack

Just got back. A complete travesty of a result - we were much, much better than them. But you have to be effective in both penalty areas as well as the middle of the park, and that's why we lost today.

On the plus side, Bony had a very good game - not sure why he's getting so much stick on here.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:05 - Oct 6 with 1775 viewsJackbustard

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:02 - Oct 6 by SkipTheJack

Just got back. A complete travesty of a result - we were much, much better than them. But you have to be effective in both penalty areas as well as the middle of the park, and that's why we lost today.

On the plus side, Bony had a very good game - not sure why he's getting so much stick on here.

Because we paid £12 million for him and unless he scoring every single game people will have a go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024