Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread 10:43 - Oct 6 with 43316 viewsmarchamjack

Can't see one so thought I'd start it.

Need to play much much better than Thursday to get anything today. Hope Bony starts and we take a positive attitude to this away game, not the negative approach we saw at Spurs. Not feeling overly hopeful I must say, but also hope to be proved wrong.

COYS

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:22 - Oct 6 with 2258 viewsJoeBaxi

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:11 - Oct 6 by Generation_Terrorist

Probably the archetypal Swansea performance. Slow start. Sloppy goal conceded. Shocking set pieces. Long periods of dominance with next to no end product. Shit crossing.

This club f**cks me off sometimes.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 15:12]

Doesn't bode well for the rest of the season does it.

Could have been much worse result. Only watched via a shit stream mind
(No subject) on 15:22 - Oct 6 with 2257 viewsGeoffThom

Come to the conclusion that it's worrying that we've only got Routledge and dyer out wide no real competition send this fuecking Lamah back if he's no good and as for Hernandez what's with this guy
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:23 - Oct 6 with 2226 viewsDalePie

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:20 - Oct 6 by NOTRAC

It is madness not to play Leon Britton,especially with Ashley Williams missing.
Tremmel has to replace Vorm as first team goalkeeper.

+1

Leon would be a good addition, we are missing Ashley Williams in a big way!
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:23 - Oct 6 with 2214 viewsShaky

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:21 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

We created a number of decent chances. Bony is as guilty as anyone for missing them.

He's been our most creative influence for the last few games though, so it's a bit strange to be heaping the blame in him.

Realistically he is the reason we are lumping the ball into the box, route 1 style.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

(No subject) on 15:24 - Oct 6 with 2200 viewswaynekerr55

(No subject) on 15:22 - Oct 6 by GeoffThom

Come to the conclusion that it's worrying that we've only got Routledge and dyer out wide no real competition send this fuecking Lamah back if he's no good and as for Hernandez what's with this guy

Injured isn't he? Another soft tissue injury...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:24 - Oct 6 with 2187 viewsGeoffThom

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:17 - Oct 6 by gadgetuk

Sorry but I think Bony was an expensive mistake - I just don't ever feel he is going to score. And before anyone comments, I was a huge fan of Scotland who played a similar role, just not seeing anything in Bony at all.

Don't go there mate he's a hero to the one eyed prats on here
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:25 - Oct 6 with 2169 viewsLord_Bony

Luck was not on our side today.

Well done Hampton could be a good season for them even top spot,it s wide open.

Have a rest lads put your feet up a while....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:25 - Oct 6 with 2166 viewsaspas45

tired thats what they are paid to do...

tired is a lame excuse

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Oct 6 with 2106 viewsmax936

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:23 - Oct 6 by DalePie

+1

Leon would be a good addition, we are missing Ashley Williams in a big way!

Im sorry to say it, but why the fuk did Canas stay on the whole game, just how much ball did he give away today, we never loked like scoring 2nd half despite us having mst f the ball. {doh]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Oct 6 with 2093 viewsKeyserSoze

£12 million is quite a lot for one decent backheel...

I like Bony, but it seems Laudrup is changing our proven style to suit him. We're playing long balls up to him which we subsequently lose because he's being man marked and outjumped.

Also how shit were the crosses today? We obviously have an inability to put in a decent cross so why don't we go back to basics and keep it on the floor?

Poll: What is the best atmosphere you have experienced at the Liberty?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Oct 6 with 2079 viewsmonmouth

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:16 - Oct 6 by Captain_Sham

The real crime is not scoring after having had a whole hour of the game. We waste chance after chance after chance . Dyer appeared to have alot of the ball, but he did nothing with it. So fking annoying.

This is it for me. have to score when your on top and we were on top for most of the game. Soton took all three of their real chances (disallowed goal was a goal) and we took none. As an away performance, it was fine. Certainly not a bag o shite. You just have to score, and we didn't.

For me though, if its Poz on its Michu - or Bony - off and Leon and Ash simply have to start if they are fit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Oct 6 with 2075 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:23 - Oct 6 by Shaky

Realistically he is the reason we are lumping the ball into the box, route 1 style.

That as may be, but he's also directly assisted our last two league goals and our best chance today.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

(No subject) on 15:28 - Oct 6 with 2062 viewsmax936

(No subject) on 15:24 - Oct 6 by waynekerr55

Injured isn't he? Another soft tissue injury...

"Soft", being the word

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Oct 6 with 2060 viewsDalePie

Ye this is true too.

We are 14th in the table, well out of the mire of bottom 3 and all that.

Hopefully our stint in the Europa league can finish in a few weeks and we can get back to important stuff.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Oct 6 with 2060 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:24 - Oct 6 by GeoffThom

That's a bit harsh Geoffrey

He's going to take time to adapt to the league. Hell, even Giroud was being called cr*p at Arsenal and now look at him.

(Ducks for cover)

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Oct 6 with 2040 viewsDull1Thomas

Although Canas has done well Leon makes a huge difference.
OK here we go
Vorm - positionally poor (again)
Amat - a decent performance
Chico - reasonable but needs Ash to be alongside to be at his best
Rangel - good game
Dyer -tried and produced some good play
Canas - solid but no Leon
Routledge - not interested (again) should have been off before half time
Shelvey - big lad to be bullied off the ball so often and over hot most of his Hollywood passes
Michu - did nothing should have been playing
Bony - I've really been behind Bony since his arrival but after recent performances I have to fall in line with anti brigade. I can't work out what his position or his skills are! He doesn't keep the ball, he doesn't shoot well, can't head accurately, doesn't pass particularly well, doesn't break through a defence.

Apart from the shot that hit the post we could have been there til tomorrow morning and still come away with nothing.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Oct 6 with 2019 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:17 - Oct 6 by gadgetuk

Sorry but I think Bony was an expensive mistake - I just don't ever feel he is going to score. And before anyone comments, I was a huge fan of Scotland who played a similar role, just not seeing anything in Bony at all.

Apart from the six goals he's already scored?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Oct 6 with 2017 viewsHerohead

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:24 - Oct 6 by GeoffThom

Then please tell me what he does that is so bad, instead of just saying he's bad.

Michu was never in this game, but he will never be slagged this way!

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Oct 6 with 2000 viewsAnotherJohn

Very disappointing result given the amount of possession we had. Unfortunately we are in a period where we are shakey at the back and lack cutting edge up front. My own pet theory is that we have to get the ball into the danger area more quickly once we create openings. Routledge and Shelvey had plenty of chances to cross when instead they check out and pass back to team mates who hit something in from a much worse angle. My other thought is that if we had 'cashed in' on Ash for 6M, as quite a few on this board wanted, we would be facing a relegation battle.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:30 - Oct 6 with 1995 viewsgadgetuk

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Oct 6 by waynekerr55

That's a bit harsh Geoffrey

He's going to take time to adapt to the league. Hell, even Giroud was being called cr*p at Arsenal and now look at him.

(Ducks for cover)

I really hope he proves me wrong, but so far I am not seeing anything that inspires me.
(No subject) on 15:30 - Oct 6 with 1986 viewswaynekerr55

(No subject) on 15:28 - Oct 6 by max936

"Soft", being the word

Trust you to take that spin on it

Seriously though those stupid f*cking kilometre runs in pre season won't help. We've got a fixture pile up and we need to be smarter with our physical training. We are picking up too many muscle injuries and that's not good.

(ducks even further for cover)

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:31 - Oct 6 with 1964 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:30 - Oct 6 by gadgetuk

I really hope he proves me wrong, but so far I am not seeing anything that inspires me.

He's up and down that is clear as daylight.

Having missed most of pre season that's also an issue as well.

We shall hope he does cash in against Sunderland next game!

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:32 - Oct 6 with 1945 viewsLaudrup

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:18 - Oct 6 by waynekerr55

Yes I do have to say that Jonjo "tries too hard". He's a quality player but he's got to stop trying the Roy of the Rovers act

And, dare I say it we do look toothless without Pablo playing in between the lines (ducks for cover)

Hopefully Pablo will be back fit after the international break.
He has been much better than Routledge this season.

Dyer on the other hand has been better this season than last season.

I hate signatures

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:32 - Oct 6 with 1929 viewsgadgetuk

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Oct 6 by Herohead

Then please tell me what he does that is so bad, instead of just saying he's bad.

Michu was never in this game, but he will never be slagged this way!

I didn't think much of Michu either today, but he after the battering he took on thursday I can forgive that as he has been consistently good. I cannot say the same for Bony. He is not the sole reason for the loss today by a long shot - routledge was crap and we seemed to have communication issues in defence.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:33 - Oct 6 with 1923 viewsShaky

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

That as may be, but he's also directly assisted our last two league goals and our best chance today.

Don't get me wrong, I think he looks decent, drags defenders out of position, etc.

But overall we need to bin route 1 and find some much more effective tactics that play to the overall team's strengths. Otherwise it is all too predictable.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024