Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who was your fav wrestler?? 15:16 - Mar 9 with 41264 viewsDale_316

back when you were a kid, who was your fav wrestler off the tele?

stone cold, or hulk hogan for me!!

what about you???

Oh when the dale go marching in

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:23 - Mar 13 with 2192 views442Dale

Cena winning in Miami would be best. The crowd will want to kill him.

Rock won't be hurt by the loss.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:39 - Mar 13 with 2165 viewsSalwaDale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:23 - Mar 13 by 442Dale

Cena winning in Miami would be best. The crowd will want to kill him.

Rock won't be hurt by the loss.

Let's go Cena

TBBT

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:43 - Mar 13 with 2163 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:39 - Mar 13 by SalwaDale

Let's go Cena

Cena loves those love/hate chants too much now.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:59 - Mar 13 with 2157 viewsfinberty

I remember Jim Breaks, and his Jim Breaks Special, a kind of lift using his opponents twisted wrist.
It always forced a submission.
Opponents liked to slap Jim around his cauliflower ears, at which he would have a tantrum and jump up and down with a strange high-pitched squeal.
Then he's unleash his Jim Breaks Special, and squealed no longer.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:16 - Mar 14 with 2129 viewsChaffRAFC

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:43 - Mar 13 by 442Dale

Cena loves those love/hate chants too much now.

I agree. Cena needs this match as a starter for a heel turn. That said, I've got a feeling that the Miz not being involved in a match at WM is a sign that he'll get involved in the Rock/Cena match to kick off an angle post Mania. Turn Cena heel, it worked well for Hogan.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:31 - Mar 14 with 2123 viewsPRINCE2356

i think the problem is, the WWe with all the money they make from Cena's merchandise because kids buy it, they are afraid of turning him heel. But im afraid after watching his old school Cena character return on Raw he is actually not hateable in the slightest in that role, it's just the 5 years of toilet he has been serving up. But anything on WWE at the moment beats anything TNA has served up this last year TV wise, i feel like i've seen the same matches every week.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:39 - Mar 14 with 2123 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

I dont wanna sound old but i liked the days of the nWo white v nWo red rivalry and were sting had to pick one of the sides back in big kevin nash's days and Bill Goldburg (who is now a actor) made stone cold steve austin look sh1t and Rey Mysterio, Y2J, Booker T, Jeff Jarrett, Bret Hart started their careers

i do like how TNA is trying to recreate them days will the likes of AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & Alex Shelly even with some ex-Wcw faviourites pitching in like Kurt Angle, The Nature Boy Ric Flair, Sting, RVD, Hulk Hogan & Scott Steiner

But i've grown out of it along time ago

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:48 - Mar 14 with 2116 viewsRotherhamDale

Used to watch it religiously as a young(er) en. Even got on tele behind Ric Flair when it was televised from Sheffield... claim to fame.

It was all about Triple H.

Possession with progression.

Login to get fewer ads

who was your fav wrestler?? on 16:43 - Mar 14 with 2104 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:39 - Mar 14 by DaleAwaydayBot

I dont wanna sound old but i liked the days of the nWo white v nWo red rivalry and were sting had to pick one of the sides back in big kevin nash's days and Bill Goldburg (who is now a actor) made stone cold steve austin look sh1t and Rey Mysterio, Y2J, Booker T, Jeff Jarrett, Bret Hart started their careers

i do like how TNA is trying to recreate them days will the likes of AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & Alex Shelly even with some ex-Wcw faviourites pitching in like Kurt Angle, The Nature Boy Ric Flair, Sting, RVD, Hulk Hogan & Scott Steiner

Mysterio and Jericho had been around for years before WCW (Japan, Mexico, ECW) and both Jarrett and particularly Hart had better careers previously in the WWF.

And of the TNA lot, only Sting has an exclusive WCW background. The rest were in WWE before heading to Dixie Carter's promotion.

The earlier point about Cena's merchandise sales stopped the turn years ago, and even if he did it now it wouldn't last long.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:46 - Mar 14 with 2083 viewsChaffRAFC

who was your fav wrestler?? on 16:43 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

Mysterio and Jericho had been around for years before WCW (Japan, Mexico, ECW) and both Jarrett and particularly Hart had better careers previously in the WWF.

And of the TNA lot, only Sting has an exclusive WCW background. The rest were in WWE before heading to Dixie Carter's promotion.

The earlier point about Cena's merchandise sales stopped the turn years ago, and even if he did it now it wouldn't last long.

The point about the merchandise is a valid one but the WWE had the same thing with Hogan, even Austin had a heel turn, even though it didn't have any effect on his popularity. If they turn Cena heel, they'll have no trouble in turning somebody else into the face of the company.

Cena's recent promo's have been brilliant on the whole and he's on a par with Rocky in terms of entertainment at the moment. This is the role Cena should have.

That said, I can't see past a Rocky win at Mania and I think it will be down to the Miz who'll then start feuding with Cena maybe for a bit.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:56 - Mar 14 with 2077 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:46 - Mar 14 by ChaffRAFC

The point about the merchandise is a valid one but the WWE had the same thing with Hogan, even Austin had a heel turn, even though it didn't have any effect on his popularity. If they turn Cena heel, they'll have no trouble in turning somebody else into the face of the company.

Cena's recent promo's have been brilliant on the whole and he's on a par with Rocky in terms of entertainment at the moment. This is the role Cena should have.

That said, I can't see past a Rocky win at Mania and I think it will be down to the Miz who'll then start feuding with Cena maybe for a bit.

The problem with the Austin heel turn, was they did it in all places in Texas, where the crowd would have cheered anything Austin did. The only big time when it worked well was the Hogan 1 in WCW and Bret Hart in WWF with when he beat Austin at WM13 where practically they switched roles 1 turned bad and 1 turned good.

I think the Miz could easily work well as a Face, and they are doing that old "knock him down to bring him back up" routine they generally always do with a lot of top talent, but with The Miz i suspect this is happening because he didn't catch R-Truth correctly during a match about a month ago.

I think also the lack of top guys is apparent in the WWE when the top 2 Marquee matches that have been pushed to the hilt includes 4 wrestlers all from the 90's(Michaels/HHH/Taker/The Rock). As Great as Bryan Danielson and Cm Punk are i can't say im that interested seeing there matches at Mania.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:54 - Mar 14 with 2063 viewsChaffRAFC

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:56 - Mar 14 by PRINCE2356

The problem with the Austin heel turn, was they did it in all places in Texas, where the crowd would have cheered anything Austin did. The only big time when it worked well was the Hogan 1 in WCW and Bret Hart in WWF with when he beat Austin at WM13 where practically they switched roles 1 turned bad and 1 turned good.

I think the Miz could easily work well as a Face, and they are doing that old "knock him down to bring him back up" routine they generally always do with a lot of top talent, but with The Miz i suspect this is happening because he didn't catch R-Truth correctly during a match about a month ago.

I think also the lack of top guys is apparent in the WWE when the top 2 Marquee matches that have been pushed to the hilt includes 4 wrestlers all from the 90's(Michaels/HHH/Taker/The Rock). As Great as Bryan Danielson and Cm Punk are i can't say im that interested seeing there matches at Mania.

Agree with most of that, don't agree about the last comment though. The Sheamus/Bryan match doesn't interest me that much and I'd be sticking that on to open Mania but I really cannot wait for Punk v Y2J, both are top class in the ring and both are top class characters. The problem with them is that the writers dropped the ball with both of them. The summer promos with Punk were the best thing the WWE has seen in many years and he should have left Chicago with the belt, stayed away from the ring, maybe turning up in the crowd every now and then and then come back about 6 weeks down the line. To have him re-appear two weeks later was very weak. Really didn't like how they turned him face either. Plus, Triple H came back and took the limelight from him.

Jericho's pre-return promos were awesome and had me glued every week, then he came back and it was awesome, he trolled everyone and turned heel without saying a word, then the Royal Rumble came and they completely wasted that whole angle by having him lose to Sheamus. If Jericho wasn't going to win it, fine, have Sheamus win but Jericho would have kept the heat by just walking away or eliminating himself.

Still looking forward to seeing two of the best in ring, and out of ring performers go at it. Massive fans of both of them.

The Hogan heel turn was brilliant, I remember watching that episode of Nitro and not believing what I saw. The Bret Hart one was more obvious. The crowd were all over Austin after that show at WM and rightly so, after that, it was obvious who the big star of the next 5 years was gonna be. Bret's heel run was ace, the whole Canada v USA thing was brilliant, never seen anything like it since. When he went into Raw shows in Canada he was cheered like a national hero, when he returned to the US, he got completely the opposite.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:02 - Mar 14 with 2054 views442Dale

Hogan turned heel at the Bash at the Beach PPV, Chaff. His appearance as the mystery third man was good, but spoilt on the original commentary by Bobby Heenan speculating if he might be as he walked out.

You're right about the Hart stuff, it was so good because it was unique.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:05 - Mar 14 with 2052 viewsChaffRAFC

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:02 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

Hogan turned heel at the Bash at the Beach PPV, Chaff. His appearance as the mystery third man was good, but spoilt on the original commentary by Bobby Heenan speculating if he might be as he walked out.

You're right about the Hart stuff, it was so good because it was unique.

Good spot

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:05 - Mar 14 with 2050 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:05 - Mar 14 by ChaffRAFC

Good spot

You must have been drunk watching Nitro.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:08 - Mar 14 with 2045 viewsChaffRAFC

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:05 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

You must have been drunk watching Nitro.

Heh!! Possibly, I'd have been about 12!

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:16 - Mar 14 with 2038 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

back in the day sky were a luxary what never had in my house

just normal sat it use to be stay up for WCW back in them days i think i were only 10 at time but this is like probably over 13 yr ago now but TNA trying to recreate it brings back the memories of my childhood

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

who was your fav wrestler?? on 05:28 - Mar 15 with 2007 viewssweetcorn

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:39 - Mar 14 by DaleAwaydayBot

Bret hart started his career? you mad bro?

Bret hart was the face of wwf for a few years before he left for WCW. the only thing about his career that started was its decline, most of his time in WCW was dull. Also bet he regrets the decision now, since going to wcw and having to work with the wrestling gorilla goldberg, cost him his career.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 07:34 - Mar 15 with 1999 viewsSandyman

Wer British old school is concerned, John Lister has published his latest book, "Greetings Grapple Fans", exclusively on Kindle, priced £1.53. If you don't have a Kindle that's no problem as a free Kindle reader for your computer is available from the Kindle bookshop.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:22 - Mar 30 with 1967 viewsChaffRAFC

Paddy Power are actually offering odds on Wrestlemania which amused me no end.

But I don't know if I wanna watch it anymore, Tazzy has told me on Twitter that it's all fake and scripted and now I feel betrayed and lied to all these years!

Tazzy is different though, he knows it's fake and says he isn't gonna watch it because he has a life.

I had a life as well before Tazzy told me this, now I'm devastated!

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:31 - Mar 30 with 1957 viewsKenBoon

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:22 - Mar 30 by ChaffRAFC

Paddy Power are actually offering odds on Wrestlemania which amused me no end.

But I don't know if I wanna watch it anymore, Tazzy has told me on Twitter that it's all fake and scripted and now I feel betrayed and lied to all these years!

Tazzy is different though, he knows it's fake and says he isn't gonna watch it because he has a life.

I had a life as well before Tazzy told me this, now I'm devastated!

Remember when Vince McMahon brought the nWo to the WWE? That's your post that is.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:15 - Mar 30 with 1936 views442Dale

That version of the NWO would only have worked 6 months previously as part of the WCW Invasion storyline. Vince ruining that opportunity by trying to do it without major stars still irritates. They could have done so much more.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:31 - Mar 30 with 1924 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:15 - Mar 30 by 442Dale

That version of the NWO would only have worked 6 months previously as part of the WCW Invasion storyline. Vince ruining that opportunity by trying to do it without major stars still irritates. They could have done so much more.

Well i have had a silly fiver acca on the below:

Rock to beat Cena
Sheamus to beat Danielson
Taker to Beat Trips
Orton to beat Mcevilly

Orton and Taker are printing money haha
who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:38 - Mar 30 with 1920 views442Dale

Amazed they're taking bets on Taker. They'll wheel him out at Mania for at least another 5 years.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:47 - Mar 30 with 1910 viewsPRINCE2356

Im sure they put a maximum limit on bets though.

I think Taker has to win this year to make it 20-0, and next year then face
John Cena or as being reported in the past hour Brock Lesnar is in talks with the WWE about coming back. If anything Taker has to retire undefeated unlike Big Show who will retire after losing at every wrestlemania he's been in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024