Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who was your fav wrestler?? 15:16 - Mar 9 with 41271 viewsDale_316

back when you were a kid, who was your fav wrestler off the tele?

stone cold, or hulk hogan for me!!

what about you???

Oh when the dale go marching in

who was your fav wrestler?? on 23:12 - Mar 9 with 3274 viewsShun

The Undertaker was fantastic! Well, at the start he was. When he turned into a biker he got a bit boring. But in his 'undead' phase when he had his gang (with the Acolytes! and that guy with the urn!) he was just awesome.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 23:19 - Mar 9 with 3262 viewsroccydaleian

Giant Haystacks, and this dude. http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSP7RYOcDVFAxUjVOAUlwnqCbE0-TSe_xhbvm2PM
The Demon Wrestler.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
who was your fav wrestler?? on 23:22 - Mar 9 with 3258 viewssandylaner1

GOLDBERG
who was your fav wrestler?? on 23:24 - Mar 9 with 3255 viewsroccydaleian

who was your fav wrestler?? on 23:22 - Mar 9 by sandylaner1

GOLDBERG

Whoopi?
who was your fav wrestler?? on 23:35 - Mar 9 with 3247 viewsColDale

was never a massive fan of the steroid-injecting-dead at 30 version, but the Nasty Boys were great pantomime villains of their day
who was your fav wrestler?? on 00:00 - Mar 10 with 3236 viewsBirchy915

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 00:04 - Mar 10 with 3234 viewsPhil26

Giant Haystacks, along with Kendo, wrestling on ITV was the highlight of the week apart from walking in great anticipation, to Spotland! 50p or whatever in my hand to get in plus a bit for a programme and the wonderful pie! Happy days! Pre season match against Queen of the South and walking home again past the Highland Laddie hurling abuse at said pub... Hee Hee...

FrancoDale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 00:15 - Mar 10 with 3228 viewsPhil26

And if we're back reminiscing as a kid, Smiggy was always the last man standing in the Sandy Lane...He'd have taken on Kendo I'm sure!

FrancoDale

Login to get fewer ads

who was your fav wrestler?? on 00:47 - Mar 10 with 3217 viewsToffeemanc

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:18 - Mar 9 by thebackrowhero

How many wwf as it was videos did we rent from regal video back in the day!!!!!!!!

best ever for me defo foley esp as Mankind that hell in a cell match with Undertaker is a must see even for none WWE fans!!!!

Agree Foley is a legend who's body is now shot due to all the insane bumps he took in his career.
If your looking for a genuine Foley classic match have a look at his match as Cactus Jack v's HHH at Royal Rumble 2000 streetfight match. A few highlights from this match here on
His match the following month at No Way Out Hell in a Cell is also worth a watch. A man who truly put his body on the line to entertain others.

Also used to like watching "Mr Perfect" - Curt Henning in the 80's great persona and athlete and sadly another who is now dead.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

who was your fav wrestler?? on 09:30 - Mar 10 with 3184 viewsashes

Mark Rollerball Rocko.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 09:40 - Mar 10 with 3178 views442Dale

Few Cell matches listed in the thread but no mention of the first one; Undertaker-Michaels is still the best of the lot.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

who was your fav wrestler?? on 13:44 - Mar 10 with 3153 viewsmacaroo

Pat "fit" Finlay was a favourite of mine with his wife princess Paula. I used to like t he deaf wrestler, Alan Kilby I think he was called.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:14 - Mar 10 with 3141 viewsSalwaDale

As a kid I loved Big Daddy but Kendo Nagasaki was probably my favourite.

Through the years I've liked:

British Bulldog (Golborne's finest)
Stone Cold
The Rock (early in his career)
Yokozuna
Big Van Vader
HHH
The Hardy Boyz
The Undertaker
John Morrison
John Cena
The Dudleys
Edge
Mick Foley (but not Dude Love)
Kane (but not when he was that stupid dentist)
Santino Marella
CM Punk

Alright I admit it, I'm a massive fan. Took my kids to the MEN in November, didn't expect it to be too good but I absolutely loved it. Superb entertainment.

If anybody wants to come round and play Wrestling we've got loads of stuff here. :)

TBBT

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:45 - Mar 10 with 3136 viewssandylaner1

who was your fav wrestler?? on 23:24 - Mar 9 by roccydaleian

Whoopi?

yes

who was your fav wrestler?? on 15:10 - Mar 10 with 3130 viewsSalwaDale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:45 - Mar 10 by sandylaner1

yes

Goldberg not as good as Goldust

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/212421-the-man-in-gold-a-look-at-goldust

TBBT

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:24 - Mar 10 with 3089 viewsMrsDale4life

who was your fav wrestler?? on 15:25 - Mar 9 by Syke_Dale

Mick McManus...

When i was growing up i remember Mick Mc Manus on World Of Sport with Dickie Davis but my favorite was Stone Cold Stevie Austin, Went to watch WWE at the M.E.N a couple of times when it was touring over here. I remember we went to Blackpool one year to see the lights and the W.W.E was on at the M.E.N and on the way back we made a detour so my son could go and get a Goldberg t shirt . We got there just as everyone came out and raced up the steps but he eneded up with Chris Jerico t shirt instead cos there were no Goldberg t shirts left
who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:35 - Mar 10 with 3081 viewsMrsDale4life

who was your fav wrestler?? on 00:47 - Mar 10 by Toffeemanc

Agree Foley is a legend who's body is now shot due to all the insane bumps he took in his career.
If your looking for a genuine Foley classic match have a look at his match as Cactus Jack v's HHH at Royal Rumble 2000 streetfight match. A few highlights from this match here on
His match the following month at No Way Out Hell in a Cell is also worth a watch. A man who truly put his body on the line to entertain others.

Also used to like watching "Mr Perfect" - Curt Henning in the 80's great persona and athlete and sadly another who is now dead.

Mick Foley was a guest on Soccer A.M a couple of weeks ago and who remembers the Rock and Sock connection ?
who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:42 - Mar 10 with 3077 viewsMBoothman

John Doolan.

Yes. That IS Sako.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:30 - Mar 10 with 3061 viewssweetcorn

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:42 - Mar 10 by MBoothman

John Doolan.

Honourable mentions for booker T and Iron Sheik, not because of their wrestling abilities, but for their out of ring actions

Sheik: Go suck Hulk Hogan dickkk, go suck hulk hogan assss. Greatest shoot ever.

Booker: HULK HOGAN, WE COMING FOR YOUUUUUU N*GGGGGGA

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:36 - Mar 10 with 3044 viewsBingoballs

Cry Baby Breaks, he used to run a boozer round the corner were i used to live in Bradford.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:48 - Mar 10 with 3035 viewswroughtironron

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:36 - Mar 10 by Bingoballs

Cry Baby Breaks, he used to run a boozer round the corner were i used to live in Bradford.

New Inn at Wyke ?
who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:52 - Mar 10 with 3033 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:14 - Mar 10 by SalwaDale

As a kid I loved Big Daddy but Kendo Nagasaki was probably my favourite.

Through the years I've liked:

British Bulldog (Golborne's finest)
Stone Cold
The Rock (early in his career)
Yokozuna
Big Van Vader
HHH
The Hardy Boyz
The Undertaker
John Morrison
John Cena
The Dudleys
Edge
Mick Foley (but not Dude Love)
Kane (but not when he was that stupid dentist)
Santino Marella
CM Punk

Alright I admit it, I'm a massive fan. Took my kids to the MEN in November, didn't expect it to be too good but I absolutely loved it. Superb entertainment.

If anybody wants to come round and play Wrestling we've got loads of stuff here. :)

That Foley managed to make Dude Love his most annoying persona illustrates how good he was back then. (and even Dude was pretty good during his run with Austin after the latter won the title)

His finest moment was convincing everyone he was a completely different person that just by taking off a shirt, talking slightly differently and revealing a Cactus Jack t-shirt while talking and walking to the ring prior to his series with Triple H in 2000.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:02 - Mar 10 with 3021 viewsDoris

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:52 - Mar 10 by 442Dale

That Foley managed to make Dude Love his most annoying persona illustrates how good he was back then. (and even Dude was pretty good during his run with Austin after the latter won the title)

His finest moment was convincing everyone he was a completely different person that just by taking off a shirt, talking slightly differently and revealing a Cactus Jack t-shirt while talking and walking to the ring prior to his series with Triple H in 2000.

i dont know if it is a sport or just entertainment but it has always been rigged and a joke ,for this to get to 3 pages just shows the mentality of this board ,looks like plenty of wrath coming my way but who gives a shit cos this site at times is worse than the bucket board.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:03 - Mar 10 with 3020 viewsD_Alien

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:02 - Mar 10 by Doris

i dont know if it is a sport or just entertainment but it has always been rigged and a joke ,for this to get to 3 pages just shows the mentality of this board ,looks like plenty of wrath coming my way but who gives a shit cos this site at times is worse than the bucket board.

Why worry about wrath? If people want to spit their dummies, let them!

Couldn't agree more, btw

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:03 - Mar 10 with 3020 viewsBingoballs

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:48 - Mar 10 by wroughtironron

New Inn at Wyke ?

Correct mate, he was famous for walking around Wyke in shorts and flip-flops in the middle of winter, his son Garry also played for the pub football team against my pub team in the early 80's.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024