Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who was your fav wrestler?? 15:16 - Mar 9 with 41262 viewsDale_316

back when you were a kid, who was your fav wrestler off the tele?

stone cold, or hulk hogan for me!!

what about you???

Oh when the dale go marching in

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:05 - Mar 10 with 3828 viewswroughtironron

Big Daddy wrestled (if you could call it that) as "Guardsman Shirley Crabtree" before he transmogrified into Big Daddy, and up to then mostly lost his matches.

Then he must've discovered Kryptonite or something, as his name change resulted in him becoming unbeatable unless he was in a tag match - his smaller tag partner was his downfall.

I once saw a bunch of wrestlers arrive in a taxi at Colne Town Hall, and then watched them fight each other. Something to do with sharing the taxi fare out equally I reckon.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:05 - Mar 10 with 3808 viewsDoris

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:03 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

Why worry about wrath? If people want to spit their dummies, let them!

Couldn't agree more, btw

Who said worry about it ,i said it may come my way .Water off a ducks back
who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:17 - Mar 10 with 3798 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:02 - Mar 10 by Doris

i dont know if it is a sport or just entertainment but it has always been rigged and a joke ,for this to get to 3 pages just shows the mentality of this board ,looks like plenty of wrath coming my way but who gives a shit cos this site at times is worse than the bucket board.

Perfectly entitled to that opinion, will respond with my stock answer: it's no different than a discussion about tv soaps/Lost/quiz shows/sit-coms etc etc

It's entertainment with storylines sometimes as ridiculous as the aforementioned Lost. Anyone who follows it knows full well it's rigged but is willing to suspend disbelief when watching it. Like anyone who watches Eastenders or Coronation St.

Whether it's a joke or crap is up to whoever is viewing whatever is being watched, that's an opinion.

Whether or not it should appear on this board? Again that's opinion. Will the one about rail services be seen as too far off topic in the future too?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:20 - Mar 10 with 3790 viewsDoris

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:17 - Mar 10 by 442Dale

Perfectly entitled to that opinion, will respond with my stock answer: it's no different than a discussion about tv soaps/Lost/quiz shows/sit-coms etc etc

It's entertainment with storylines sometimes as ridiculous as the aforementioned Lost. Anyone who follows it knows full well it's rigged but is willing to suspend disbelief when watching it. Like anyone who watches Eastenders or Coronation St.

Whether it's a joke or crap is up to whoever is viewing whatever is being watched, that's an opinion.

Whether or not it should appear on this board? Again that's opinion. Will the one about rail services be seen as too far off topic in the future too?

Fair comment ,as long as it is kept in that context .
Neighbours thread coming soon ?
who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:22 - Mar 10 with 3788 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:20 - Mar 10 by Doris

Fair comment ,as long as it is kept in that context .
Neighbours thread coming soon ?

Cheers.

Now chuck me my dummy back.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:24 - Mar 10 with 3775 viewsDoris

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:22 - Mar 10 by 442Dale

Cheers.

Now chuck me my dummy back.

Piss off ,i need something to sleep
who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:32 - Mar 10 with 3767 viewsroccydaleian

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:24 - Mar 10 by Doris

Piss off ,i need something to sleep

Hopefully this might help you nod off
who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:34 - Mar 10 with 3760 viewsDoris

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:32 - Mar 10 by roccydaleian

12 mins ,bit slow
Login to get fewer ads

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:35 - Mar 10 with 3761 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:32 - Mar 10 by roccydaleian

Anyone ever see Scott's match with big brother Paul within the confines of a steel cage at Wrestlemania 6?

Five star classic.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:40 - Mar 10 with 3753 viewsShun

I actually met Mick Foley last year at Universal Studios in Orlando with his son. He was sneaking in a ride through the side entrance but a load of fans still managed to find him and have photos with him.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:41 - Mar 10 with 3750 viewsrkershaw

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:40 - Mar 10 by Shun

I actually met Mick Foley last year at Universal Studios in Orlando with his son. He was sneaking in a ride through the side entrance but a load of fans still managed to find him and have photos with him.

The tag team aka Sodje and Futcher!!!
who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:55 - Mar 10 with 3741 viewsDaleyRob92

Gotta be Mick Foley! Brilliant wrestler who put his body on the line for the fans entertainment, the story he told on soccer am the other week about losing half an ear was hilarious! Agree that you can find no better match than his cell match with 'Taker. The whole Attitude era was brilliant in my eyes but then again, I did grow up with it!

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are the best around today, had a chance to go to the tv taping the other year and they were both brilliant!
who was your fav wrestler?? on 01:16 - Mar 11 with 3724 viewsTVOS1907

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:34 - Mar 10 by Doris

12 mins ,bit slow

Give him a bit of slack.

He's just had to shell out for a passport for his overseas jaunt later this year.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

who was your fav wrestler?? on 03:51 - Mar 11 with 3716 viewsNigeriamark

who was your fav wrestler?? on 23:12 - Mar 9 by Shun

The Undertaker was fantastic! Well, at the start he was. When he turned into a biker he got a bit boring. But in his 'undead' phase when he had his gang (with the Acolytes! and that guy with the urn!) he was just awesome.

agee. he was my favorite at the beginning but aways got conned during the title fights. The guy with the urn was Paul Bearer.

when I was a kid billy two rivers was my favorite
who was your fav wrestler?? on 04:10 - Mar 11 with 3715 viewssweetcorn

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:55 - Mar 9 by TomRAFC

nikolai volkoff

nothing like watching yanks yell at someone impersonating a communist!

in all seriousnes the undertaker and mick foley (in all hi forms) were superb

Hey Stacks is the only one! Or the mac mauler but he was a kiddir fidler!

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 07:40 - Mar 11 with 3701 viewsJumeirahDale

Rikishi in the "2Cool" era! When they did the dance at Royal Rumble and then Rikishi clotheslined them both over the ropes was comedy genius

Otherwise, Mick Foley for the sheer commitment, and the Rock for entertainment value / smartarse comments.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 08:13 - Mar 11 with 3687 viewsdownunder

Looks like I am in a minority, but I detest wrestling, and always have done. Stick to proper sports like Judo and Rugby, which are like... errr wrestling.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 10:40 - Mar 11 with 3669 viewsSalwaDale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 08:13 - Mar 11 by downunder

Looks like I am in a minority, but I detest wrestling, and always have done. Stick to proper sports like Judo and Rugby, which are like... errr wrestling.

Your last sentence explains why you detest wrestling. If you consider it a sport then you will hate it. It is far from sport and I'd go as far as saying it is an absolute insult to sport. However, as entertainment I think it's ace.

TBBT

who was your fav wrestler?? on 10:51 - Mar 11 with 3665 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 10:40 - Mar 11 by SalwaDale

Your last sentence explains why you detest wrestling. If you consider it a sport then you will hate it. It is far from sport and I'd go as far as saying it is an absolute insult to sport. However, as entertainment I think it's ace.

On the subject of whether it being a sport or an entertainment. In my opinion it is both, Sure all the results are pre-determined and that both wrestlers have a rough idea of what moves they have to do to get to the end product i.e the finish of the match. But 1 wrong move i.e not catching them right from say a dive from the top rope or a moonsault could easily mean that the guy doing the move could land on their head.

You only have to look at most deaths in wrestling, and it is either through steroid abuse because of the pressure of looking like the WWE rule that you have to be 6 ft odd and jacked to the hilt. Also Painkiller/alcohol addiction is rife in the business through all the continuous slamming on the mat they go through. You only have to look at the likes of Foley, Jake the snake, Scott Hall, Jeff Hardy, Hulk Hogan, Matt Hardy what wrestling can do to you physically.

Plus when the WWE has it's own rehabilitation course for drug addicts for ex wrestlers it says it all really.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:04 - Mar 11 with 3642 viewsShun

who was your fav wrestler?? on 10:51 - Mar 11 by PRINCE2356

On the subject of whether it being a sport or an entertainment. In my opinion it is both, Sure all the results are pre-determined and that both wrestlers have a rough idea of what moves they have to do to get to the end product i.e the finish of the match. But 1 wrong move i.e not catching them right from say a dive from the top rope or a moonsault could easily mean that the guy doing the move could land on their head.

You only have to look at most deaths in wrestling, and it is either through steroid abuse because of the pressure of looking like the WWE rule that you have to be 6 ft odd and jacked to the hilt. Also Painkiller/alcohol addiction is rife in the business through all the continuous slamming on the mat they go through. You only have to look at the likes of Foley, Jake the snake, Scott Hall, Jeff Hardy, Hulk Hogan, Matt Hardy what wrestling can do to you physically.

Plus when the WWE has it's own rehabilitation course for drug addicts for ex wrestlers it says it all really.

Not to mention Owen Hart!
who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:18 - Mar 11 with 3635 viewsSkiptonDale

Rob Van Dam
who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:21 - Mar 11 with 3631 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:04 - Mar 11 by Shun

Not to mention Owen Hart!

It's probably possible to do a dead wrestlers Royal Rumble.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 23:25 - Mar 11 with 3604 viewsFrog

Mitzi Mueller, what a guy!

who was your fav wrestler?? on 04:05 - Mar 13 with 3562 viewssweetcorn

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:03 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

Why worry about wrath? If people want to spit their dummies, let them!

Couldn't agree more, btw

What a shock to see you and doris attempting to suck the fun out of this board. You really are a butthurt dong.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 15:40 - Mar 13 with 3528 viewsChaffRAFC

Dunno if anyone saw this weeks Raw but the Rock segment at the end was comedy gold and not very PG. Same goes for the Cena rap to kick off Raw. Wrestlemania is shaping up to be ace.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024