Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who was your fav wrestler?? 15:16 - Mar 9 with 41899 viewsDale_316

back when you were a kid, who was your fav wrestler off the tele?

stone cold, or hulk hogan for me!!

what about you???

Oh when the dale go marching in

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:23 - Apr 30 with 2274 views442Dale

How did HHH and Taker, with all their sway, not manage to convince Vince to allow significant blood in their Mania match, yet Lesnar is allowed to deliberately bust open Cena in his first match back?!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:24 - Apr 30 with 2268 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:23 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

How did HHH and Taker, with all their sway, not manage to convince Vince to allow significant blood in their Mania match, yet Lesnar is allowed to deliberately bust open Cena in his first match back?!

$5 million contract says so me thinks
who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:44 - May 1 with 2241 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:24 - Apr 30 by PRINCE2356

$5 million contract says so me thinks

Well looks like a month or 2 without Brock now after last night, A good way of building him back up again after the Cena match. Shame we've got Cena vs Laryngitis/Lord Trainset for 2 months, then again Punk vs Danielson to satisfy the wrestling lovers.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:52 - May 1 with 2236 views442Dale

Just when they start getting things right, the booking decisions enter self destruct mode again.

Fully understand that Lesnar may have a limited schedule contract, but it's no wonder he apparently went crazy after the PPV if they're going to allow Cena to continue his nonsensical behaviour. That promo after the match made no sense at the time and deflected attention away from how well both did, then last night it's made worse by having him out on tv with all talk of a layoff almost forgotten.

Cena cheapens the product continually, yet for some reason is allowed to despite proving that he's capable of being compelling. This is then compounded by going into the Laurinatis feud.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:10 - May 1 with 2231 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:52 - May 1 by 442Dale

Just when they start getting things right, the booking decisions enter self destruct mode again.

Fully understand that Lesnar may have a limited schedule contract, but it's no wonder he apparently went crazy after the PPV if they're going to allow Cena to continue his nonsensical behaviour. That promo after the match made no sense at the time and deflected attention away from how well both did, then last night it's made worse by having him out on tv with all talk of a layoff almost forgotten.

Cena cheapens the product continually, yet for some reason is allowed to despite proving that he's capable of being compelling. This is then compounded by going into the Laurinatis feud.

That's where the Super Cena thing comes back again. He got mullered by Lesnar but instead of selling a bad beating and leaving on a stretcher OH! he's still fit to do a promo after the match, then act all happy and smiley before Trainset come out. It's like WWE get it right 1 week then ball's it up the next. It's like Dale the week after a game against Bury.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:13 - May 1 with 2224 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:10 - May 1 by PRINCE2356

That's where the Super Cena thing comes back again. He got mullered by Lesnar but instead of selling a bad beating and leaving on a stretcher OH! he's still fit to do a promo after the match, then act all happy and smiley before Trainset come out. It's like WWE get it right 1 week then ball's it up the next. It's like Dale the week after a game against Bury.

But as Cena can and has take things seriously and look good, you gave to question why someone, either McMahon or Hunter, doesn't simply say "stop no-selling things with goofiness".

who was your fav wrestler?? on 16:30 - May 2 with 2208 viewsChaffRAFC

It's no wonder Brock snapped after the PPV, Cena just can't help himself. The plan was obviously to have Cena win, which is fine, but have him do it in a moment of desperation (IE the chains wrapped round his fist followed by an FU) but be so beat up that he had to be carried out on a stretcher, so that Brock won the war.

Now we have to put up with Cena/Johnny Ace/Lord A-Train as a very poor back up plan.

Thank the lord for the Punk/Bryan match.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

who was your fav wrestler?? on 16:37 - May 2 with 2206 viewssandylaner1

beast

thread/

Login to get fewer ads

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:08 - May 16 with 2166 viewsPRINCE2356

My god! how bad has it been over the past couple of weeks since the last convo on this thread.

Fatal Bore Way with sheamus/orton/jericho/del rio

Big show being fired was possibly the worst 15 minute segment i have seen in ages, just made a top of the card wrestler look daft, and even with the probable heel turn this sunday vs Cena, there was just no need for it making him look weak.

I think after the last 2 PPV's this sunday will be poor except for Punk vs Bryan, but even that has had too minimal build up.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:14 - May 16 with 2159 views442Dale

Interesting call on the Show turn. Never thought about that - they can't fire him for interfering if he's already fired!

Thought the HHH promo was excellent but it's way over the heads of a crowd that get bored after 5 minutes. It'd have been huge in the late 90s.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:22 - May 16 with 2155 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:14 - May 16 by 442Dale

Interesting call on the Show turn. Never thought about that - they can't fire him for interfering if he's already fired!

Thought the HHH promo was excellent but it's way over the heads of a crowd that get bored after 5 minutes. It'd have been huge in the late 90s.

It's funny since Triple H come back, i'm sure it's written in his contract that he must have a 20 minute promo segment on every show he's on.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:42 - May 22 with 2138 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:14 - May 16 by 442Dale

Well i was correct Big Show turned for the 8 millionth time. This weeks WWE has been nothing short of Excrement.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:51 - May 22 with 2129 views442Dale

Horrible booking. And this on the back of announcing Raw is going to three hours, they have to follow a long term strategy to even think of such a move. At the moment they can't even decide who gets to feud with Cena this month.

So far this year he's had stories with Kane, Ryder, Rock, Lesnar, Laurinaitus (who used Tensai twice to hint at another opponent) and now Show. There is no consistency and flipping continuously makes it impossible for the viewer to invest in what they're seeing.

How ironic that Vince is relying on Punk and Bryan to carry the show at the moment. Not that he'd even realise, much less admit it!

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:59 - May 22 with 2127 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:51 - May 22 by 442Dale

Horrible booking. And this on the back of announcing Raw is going to three hours, they have to follow a long term strategy to even think of such a move. At the moment they can't even decide who gets to feud with Cena this month.

So far this year he's had stories with Kane, Ryder, Rock, Lesnar, Laurinaitus (who used Tensai twice to hint at another opponent) and now Show. There is no consistency and flipping continuously makes it impossible for the viewer to invest in what they're seeing.

How ironic that Vince is relying on Punk and Bryan to carry the show at the moment. Not that he'd even realise, much less admit it!

i hope WWE have seen what going to 3 hours did for WCW. Yeah agree Punk and Bryan has been the only shining light. I also don't get the current new guys they are pushing, Brodus Clay (2012 Rikishi), Ryback (Goldberg in Rob Van Dam tights).

But have you seen the wrestler on Smackdown in the past 2 weeks Damien Sandow he has the best theme tune for a wrestler "Hallelujah"! Hallelujah
who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:15 - May 23 with 2104 viewsChaffRAFC

I'm very close to turning off at the minute. WWE has been absolutely horrific in recent weeks. The Over the Limit PPV was horredous apart from Bryan/Punk. The Johnny Ace/Cena bad was embarrassing to the point where the crowd were chanting "this is awful"

Raw is to become 3 hours? Why? So we can have Brodus Clay dancing for longer? Santino pronouncing his words stupidly for longer? So Johnny Ace can mess up more of his promo's?

Not even Chris Jericho could SAVE_US from this shite.

They need to stop pissing about with nomarks like Tensai and Ryback and give some pushes to the bright stars. How long does the Miz have to be punished? He should be up with the main eventers, same with Ziggler. Ziggler needs to move away from Swagger and be pushed. He's too good to be on the under-card (not even mid-card) in tag matches. I also hope that Cody Rhodes losing the IC belt is a sign he may start pushing on.

Drastic changes needed because I wont put up with the excrement (nicely put Prince) that we've been given for much longer.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:31 - May 23 with 2099 viewsSalwaDale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:15 - May 23 by ChaffRAFC

I'm very close to turning off at the minute. WWE has been absolutely horrific in recent weeks. The Over the Limit PPV was horredous apart from Bryan/Punk. The Johnny Ace/Cena bad was embarrassing to the point where the crowd were chanting "this is awful"

Raw is to become 3 hours? Why? So we can have Brodus Clay dancing for longer? Santino pronouncing his words stupidly for longer? So Johnny Ace can mess up more of his promo's?

Not even Chris Jericho could SAVE_US from this shite.

They need to stop pissing about with nomarks like Tensai and Ryback and give some pushes to the bright stars. How long does the Miz have to be punished? He should be up with the main eventers, same with Ziggler. Ziggler needs to move away from Swagger and be pushed. He's too good to be on the under-card (not even mid-card) in tag matches. I also hope that Cody Rhodes losing the IC belt is a sign he may start pushing on.

Drastic changes needed because I wont put up with the excrement (nicely put Prince) that we've been given for much longer.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Hmm, got to disagree with you on Santino, he is a great comedy wrestler and up there with the best funny man. Less talk from him though wouldn't go amiss. Brodus Clay's Funkasauras is his punishment before they let him be massive, they've done it with all the big men. Tensai is no better than when he was Prince Albert but I do think Ryback could develop into a good one. As for Miz, agree completely - not the greatest wrestler but a great personality and superb heel. Ziggler is also superb but in the other way - great wrestler but they've not got the character right just yet.

Why they ever let John Morrison go I have no idea. Hopefully they will take him back when he is fully over his injuries but he's great to watch. As for John Laryngitis, get rid ASAP. What is really needed is the return of Vince McMahon.

No idea what they are currently doing with Cena. Love him or hate him he is fantastic but he doesn't seem to matter anymore, feuding with wrestler after wrestler.

At the moment everything seems too PPV biased, bringing back Rock, Lesnar, HHH and Undertaker to fight in those events but not do the regular stuff doesn't really help. They are also suffering from a real lack of high fliers at the moment. Who is there? Kofi Kingston granted, Evan Bourne but he's currently off the scene, Rey Mysterio out on another drugs ban and Sin Cara has just been a massive let down from the moment he arrived. High fliers are needed.

I get the feeling we might see another "group" emerge as one is certainly needed.

Wow, how have I written so much about flipping wrestling. I feel ashamed.

TBBT

who was your fav wrestler?? on 15:43 - May 23 with 2088 viewsChaffRAFC

As an aside to this, Alex Shelley is due to sign with WWE after leaving TNA, this can surely only be a good thing. Bout time Dean Ambrose made the main screens as well.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 15:51 - May 23 with 2086 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:31 - May 23 by SalwaDale

Hmm, got to disagree with you on Santino, he is a great comedy wrestler and up there with the best funny man. Less talk from him though wouldn't go amiss. Brodus Clay's Funkasauras is his punishment before they let him be massive, they've done it with all the big men. Tensai is no better than when he was Prince Albert but I do think Ryback could develop into a good one. As for Miz, agree completely - not the greatest wrestler but a great personality and superb heel. Ziggler is also superb but in the other way - great wrestler but they've not got the character right just yet.

Why they ever let John Morrison go I have no idea. Hopefully they will take him back when he is fully over his injuries but he's great to watch. As for John Laryngitis, get rid ASAP. What is really needed is the return of Vince McMahon.

No idea what they are currently doing with Cena. Love him or hate him he is fantastic but he doesn't seem to matter anymore, feuding with wrestler after wrestler.

At the moment everything seems too PPV biased, bringing back Rock, Lesnar, HHH and Undertaker to fight in those events but not do the regular stuff doesn't really help. They are also suffering from a real lack of high fliers at the moment. Who is there? Kofi Kingston granted, Evan Bourne but he's currently off the scene, Rey Mysterio out on another drugs ban and Sin Cara has just been a massive let down from the moment he arrived. High fliers are needed.

I get the feeling we might see another "group" emerge as one is certainly needed.

Wow, how have I written so much about flipping wrestling. I feel ashamed.

Excellent observations there. Even a brief look at this thread on a football messageboard indicates how out of touch they are at present with their fanbase. There's a consistency amongst fan opinion but not in the company's booking.

Would be difficult for Clay to become a monster heel after this, Rikishi is the best comparison and even after they gave him the 'ran over Austin' story he struggled to convince ("I did it for the Rock, I did it for the people")

Ziggler would be fine if they'd continued let it become the second coming of Mr Perfect. He's got it all, especially the bumping to everything effectively.

Having a group would be a good move. Put Heyman and Brock at the head of it and go for the proper NWO takeover. That doesn't mean worthless attempts like the Alliance and Nexus which were cut off at the knees as soon as they got over. Let Team Lesnar really dominate for a while.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:56 - May 23 with 2073 viewsSalwaDale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 15:51 - May 23 by 442Dale

Excellent observations there. Even a brief look at this thread on a football messageboard indicates how out of touch they are at present with their fanbase. There's a consistency amongst fan opinion but not in the company's booking.

Would be difficult for Clay to become a monster heel after this, Rikishi is the best comparison and even after they gave him the 'ran over Austin' story he struggled to convince ("I did it for the Rock, I did it for the people")

Ziggler would be fine if they'd continued let it become the second coming of Mr Perfect. He's got it all, especially the bumping to everything effectively.

Having a group would be a good move. Put Heyman and Brock at the head of it and go for the proper NWO takeover. That doesn't mean worthless attempts like the Alliance and Nexus which were cut off at the knees as soon as they got over. Let Team Lesnar really dominate for a while.

Was gonna suggest Lesnar as the leader but I don't think he is full time enough to do that. He could have Wade Barrett as his no2 though once he is over the injury.

TBBT

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:22 - May 23 with 2060 views442Dale

13th anniversary of Owen Hart's death today.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 13:28 - May 24 with 2038 viewsChaffRAFC

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:22 - May 23 by 442Dale

Jesus, hasn't that flown. Remember it like it was yesterday and genuinely couldn't grasp or comprehend what I was seeing and hearing.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 13:49 - May 24 with 2032 viewsSalwaDale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:22 - May 23 by 442Dale

Also just over ten years since Wigan's (well technically) finest wrestler Davey Boy Smith died.

TBBT

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:27 - May 25 with 2014 views442Dale

Chris Jericho suspended after kicking the Brazilian flag - it seems it's an offence to desecrate the national flag there.

Put him in a cage with Pele.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:58 - May 25 with 2012 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:27 - May 25 by 442Dale

Chris Jericho suspended after kicking the Brazilian flag - it seems it's an offence to desecrate the national flag there.

Put him in a cage with Pele.

Funny a few other wrestlers have done other things that have got them in hot water with WWE higher ups:

Finlay got fired because he allowed The Miz on a house show to interrupt the American national anthem, with armed forces personnel in attendance.

JBL did a goosestep like basil fawlty in Germany

The thing with Jericho was he was taking a summer break anyways in a couple of weeks because he is touring over here with Fozzy, so he's just really got another couple of weeks rest. He will be back, even though his comeback has been unsuccessful, unlike his last run when he faced Shawn Michaels for about 6 months that was the art of storytelling at it's best, well anything Michaels was in show's it.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:10 - May 25 with 2004 viewsChaffRAFC

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:58 - May 25 by PRINCE2356

Funny a few other wrestlers have done other things that have got them in hot water with WWE higher ups:

Finlay got fired because he allowed The Miz on a house show to interrupt the American national anthem, with armed forces personnel in attendance.

JBL did a goosestep like basil fawlty in Germany

The thing with Jericho was he was taking a summer break anyways in a couple of weeks because he is touring over here with Fozzy, so he's just really got another couple of weeks rest. He will be back, even though his comeback has been unsuccessful, unlike his last run when he faced Shawn Michaels for about 6 months that was the art of storytelling at it's best, well anything Michaels was in show's it.

WWE dropped the ball in monumental fashion with Jericho this time. I'm a huge Jericho fan, I watch his DVD over and over, his debut in WWE is my favourite moment in WWE history. Loved his WCW work as well. To see him completely and utterly wasted this time round is painful to watch.

Yes, it was only going to be temporary but to have him do nothing but put people over is highly annoying. Yes, the crowd silence thing at the beginning was very clever, but they did NOTHING with him after that! The whole promo thing had people gripped but the outcome of this whole return has been absolute dog shit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024