Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea city centre 08:47 - May 20 with 26888 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Going to be a great day today
Swansea city centre on 19:30 - May 31 with 928 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 20:37 - May 30 by SullutaCreturned

I believe we have two choices really but either needs another referendum, or they could both be on the ballot.

We need to have this indy vote with a straight yes or no but then the choice that if you vote no, would you vote to ditch devolution.

I've said this before but most of the indy's on here won't go for it. Probably because (and despite what they say) they are the ones who are really scared. All this effort and large claims and it's all gone backwards.

Abolish stood last time out - and nobody in Wales voted for them.

There is your answer.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea city centre on 19:32 - May 31 with 927 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea city centre on 18:36 - May 31 by SullutaCreturned

it's one country, the UK and we get to vote in whoever we choose.

In Wales we get to vote whoever we choose too.

We make bd choices is all but that's democracy for ya.

England would never allow your suggestion to happen.

The UK which is 82% England so in effect all three other countries have no say in the UK government.
Id just prefer a Welsh government and for it to be entirely down to Wales as to how our country is run. For good or bad it would be down to us.
No animosity, free trade and movement of people. A true union of 4 countries working for the betterment of themselves and each other.
It might be idealistic but if we don't wish to have the best then what is the point?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea city centre on 19:35 - May 31 with 923 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 22:17 - May 30 by raynor94

I'm Welsh and British, and see no problem with it at all.

Sturgeon has put paid to any Scottish independence.

Labour will take more seats than the SNP at the next election, and put paid to it

Gwynfor Evans made this one easy for BBC watchers like yourself to understand.

‘Britishness... is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish’.

Gwynfor Evans

Is that clear enough for you ?

Swansea city centre on 19:40 - May 31 with 914 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 19:32 - May 31 by BryanSwan

The UK which is 82% England so in effect all three other countries have no say in the UK government.
Id just prefer a Welsh government and for it to be entirely down to Wales as to how our country is run. For good or bad it would be down to us.
No animosity, free trade and movement of people. A true union of 4 countries working for the betterment of themselves and each other.
It might be idealistic but if we don't wish to have the best then what is the point?

Absolutely.

London rule has had its day.
London does not always know best.
Wales is simply never going to be a priority. Think of the fundamental unfairness of HS2.

Wales needs the levers to create a modern nation, we have many natural resource advantages.
Ireland is doing pretty well and would never have achieved such outcomes chained to Westminster.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 19:41]

Swansea city centre on 19:45 - May 31 with 910 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 18:36 - May 31 by SullutaCreturned

it's one country, the UK and we get to vote in whoever we choose.

In Wales we get to vote whoever we choose too.

We make bd choices is all but that's democracy for ya.

England would never allow your suggestion to happen.

No.

Its four nations in one state.
It is not one nation.

Its not a jail.
If the people of any of the nations want to leave then the UN Charter says they have the right of self determination.
Anything else is a nonsense.

Just like the future of Ukraine is a matter for the people of Ukraine.
Not a matter for other nations.

Swansea city centre on 21:11 - May 31 with 884 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea city centre on 19:30 - May 31 by Kilkennyjack

Abolish stood last time out - and nobody in Wales voted for them.

There is your answer.

Pure hypocrisy. We had a vote to do with brexit and as you said many times, people can change their minds.

Except it seems when it's something you agree with, then there is no changing of minds, no going back. You are the worst kind of person, one who only believes in democracy when it gives you what you want.

My answer to you is, the Abolish party were a bunh of loonies that even I wouldn't have voted for BUT if we had a proper vote who knows what the outcome would be. That is why you and your ilk are scared, it petrifies you that Wales would vote to ditch devo and kill ALL hopes and dreams you have for independence.

Or maybe we should go with your attitude in which case we will never again look to join the EU because the people have spoken and THERE IS YOUR ANSWER.
Swansea city centre on 21:28 - May 31 with 866 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 21:11 - May 31 by SullutaCreturned

Pure hypocrisy. We had a vote to do with brexit and as you said many times, people can change their minds.

Except it seems when it's something you agree with, then there is no changing of minds, no going back. You are the worst kind of person, one who only believes in democracy when it gives you what you want.

My answer to you is, the Abolish party were a bunh of loonies that even I wouldn't have voted for BUT if we had a proper vote who knows what the outcome would be. That is why you and your ilk are scared, it petrifies you that Wales would vote to ditch devo and kill ALL hopes and dreams you have for independence.

Or maybe we should go with your attitude in which case we will never again look to join the EU because the people have spoken and THERE IS YOUR ANSWER.

I would be happy for Abolish to always be on every welsh vote.

Thats because nobody welsh will ever vote for them in any numbers.
I dont know they are loonies, but if you say so.
Dumb idea as well.

So you had a little hissy for no reason.

Glad you agree on a second vote for Brexit though.
Maybe 2026, so 10 years after the biggest mistake any nation has made in peacetime Europe.

Swansea city centre on 21:30 - May 31 with 865 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea city centre on 21:11 - May 31 by SullutaCreturned

To be honest if you're anti-Independence the last thing you should be looking for is the abolition of the Welsh Assembly.

They're a living, breathing example of how bad things could be if f*ckwits like Drakeford, Gething and Waters ever got complete power. Probably worth 30+ percentage points to the pro-Union camp on their own.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 21:35]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea city centre on 22:35 - May 31 with 828 viewsTogg

Wonderful tub thumping rhetoric from the minority. They always shout the loudest for something most people in Wales have no interest in. However they love the hypothesis of something which ain't going to happen.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 22:37]
Swansea city centre on 23:36 - May 31 with 811 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea city centre on 19:45 - May 31 by Kilkennyjack

No.

Its four nations in one state.
It is not one nation.

Its not a jail.
If the people of any of the nations want to leave then the UN Charter says they have the right of self determination.
Anything else is a nonsense.

Just like the future of Ukraine is a matter for the people of Ukraine.
Not a matter for other nations.

Killy, how long if we had indy, would it be for Abertawe to want indy from Cymru, then Treforys from Abertawe, then Pinewood estate from Treforys., and then we're back to the middle and dark ages where everyone was fighting and stabbing each other in the back. Together we're stronger, heard that somewhere 💪.
Swansea city centre on 06:40 - Jun 1 with 781 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea city centre on 23:36 - May 31 by Treforys_Jack

Killy, how long if we had indy, would it be for Abertawe to want indy from Cymru, then Treforys from Abertawe, then Pinewood estate from Treforys., and then we're back to the middle and dark ages where everyone was fighting and stabbing each other in the back. Together we're stronger, heard that somewhere 💪.

Pinewood Estate? Splitters!

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea city centre on 06:58 - Jun 1 with 772 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea city centre on 06:40 - Jun 1 by Dr_Winston

Pinewood Estate? Splitters!

Swansea city centre on 16:40 - Jun 1 with 723 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 23:36 - May 31 by Treforys_Jack

Its normal for nations to be independent.
Please see the rest if the world for reference.

Remember not a single nation that left the British Empire has ever asked to return. Not one.

Its almost like its a sensible idea after all …. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Swansea city centre on 17:12 - Jun 1 with 717 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea city centre on 21:28 - May 31 by Kilkennyjack

I would be happy for Abolish to always be on every welsh vote.

Thats because nobody welsh will ever vote for them in any numbers.
I dont know they are loonies, but if you say so.
Dumb idea as well.

So you had a little hissy for no reason.

Glad you agree on a second vote for Brexit though.
Maybe 2026, so 10 years after the biggest mistake any nation has made in peacetime Europe.

Well that's a change of tune,about time.

What hissy? Are you in fantasy land again?

PS, as you well know its not just about Welsh voters, there are lots of immirants settled innWales who qualify to vote, at thhe last GE over 557,000 voted tory which is more than voted for Labour in the senedd elections, they may all fancy abolish if they had the choice.
Swansea city centre on 17:57 - Jun 1 with 703 viewsunion_jack

Swansea city centre on 16:40 - Jun 1 by Kilkennyjack

Remember not a single nation that left the British Empire has ever asked to return. Not one.

The UK is totally independent. We had a referendum to make it so not long back!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea city centre on 18:08 - Jun 1 with 692 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea city centre on 19:40 - May 31 by Kilkennyjack

Absolutely.

London rule has had its day.
London does not always know best.
Wales is simply never going to be a priority. Think of the fundamental unfairness of HS2.

Wales needs the levers to create a modern nation, we have many natural resource advantages.
Ireland is doing pretty well and would never have achieved such outcomes chained to Westminster.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 19:41]

And I'll ask you again, what does Wales do when it's outside the UK and outside the EU?

Not that Wales would be a priority in the EU.

Next question, how does a Wales with full self rule become a "modern nation" when we have a leadership right now who refuse to invest in the infrastructure a modern nation needs?

What "many" natural resource advantages do you believe Wales has? Wind and rain maybe? Well covering our countryside in steel and concrete for wind farms is hardly eco friendly and I don't imagine Welsh labour building any new reservoirs so what are you alluding to?
Swansea city centre on 18:49 - Jun 1 with 678 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea city centre on 18:08 - Jun 1 by SullutaCreturned

And I'll ask you again, what does Wales do when it's outside the UK and outside the EU?

Next question, how does a Wales with full self rule become a "modern nation" when we have a leadership right now who refuse to invest in the infrastructure a modern nation needs?

What "many" natural resource advantages do you believe Wales has? Wind and rain maybe? Well covering our countryside in steel and concrete for wind farms is hardly eco friendly and I don't imagine Welsh labour building any new reservoirs so what are you alluding to?

Together stronger was the Welsh mantra wasn't it, or was that just the footie.

Spot on Cat about the infra structure, it's a shambles, travelling from Swansea to the Severn Bridge is a nightmare, no wonder we can't attract any big industry or outside investment.
Swansea city centre on 19:06 - Jun 1 with 662 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 17:12 - Jun 1 by SullutaCreturned

Well that's a change of tune,about time.

What hissy? Are you in fantasy land again?

PS, as you well know its not just about Welsh voters, there are lots of immirants settled innWales who qualify to vote, at thhe last GE over 557,000 voted tory which is more than voted for Labour in the senedd elections, they may all fancy abolish if they had the choice.

Welcome to the world of guessing stuff.

Thank you for an outstanding contribution.

🤣

Swansea city centre on 19:12 - Jun 1 with 653 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 17:57 - Jun 1 by union_jack

The UK is totally independent. We had a referendum to make it so not long back!

You have missed his point entirely.

So if you read the post i replied to then the worry from the hard of thinking was where will indy stop ? Swansea from Cardiff ? North vs South ? And Pinewood Estate Vs Morriston. That sort of thing.
Must be a huge worry to be fair ….

So you have a go … Liverpoil vs Manchester ? Bristol vs Bath ? Oldham vs Richdale ? Slough vs Reading ? I bet this prosoect kept many Brexiteers from a good nights sleep. Not.

Except of course, its a load of old cobblers.

Swansea city centre on 19:17 - Jun 1 with 640 viewsunion_jack

Swansea city centre on 19:12 - Jun 1 by Kilkennyjack

You have missed his point entirely.

So if you read the post i replied to then the worry from the hard of thinking was where will indy stop ? Swansea from Cardiff ? North vs South ? And Pinewood Estate Vs Morriston. That sort of thing.
Must be a huge worry to be fair ….

So you have a go … Liverpoil vs Manchester ? Bristol vs Bath ? Oldham vs Richdale ? Slough vs Reading ? I bet this prosoect kept many Brexiteers from a good nights sleep. Not.

Except of course, its a load of old cobblers.

I replied to your post which stated that it’s normal for nations to be independent.

Now read it and it will make sense!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea city centre on 19:24 - Jun 1 with 640 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 18:08 - Jun 1 by SullutaCreturned

The whole point of Indy is that it will be up to the people of Wales to decide for themselves. You know just like the Ukrainians want.

Indy is nornal for nations the world over.
No country that left the British Empire ever asked to return.
I wonder why ?

Have you anyrhing positive to say about Wales at all ?
Europe dont see Wakes as a priority - guess ?
Every other nation modernizes as suits them - guess that Wales uniquely cannot possibly modernise.
Welsh leaders are uniquely incapable, have you seen Mogg, Rishi and Johnson ?

Read what John has posted many times about our small nation having all the natural resources we need to be successful in the modern world. Try google.

Try googling how wales was robbed of billions with HS2.
Maybe you think our transport system does not need new investment ?

Mogg loves boot lickers, that how he gets away with this ….

Swansea city centre on 19:25 - Jun 1 with 639 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 19:17 - Jun 1 by union_jack

I replied to your post which stated that it’s normal for nations to be independent.

Now read it and it will make sense!

Yes it is - and wales is a nation.

Swansea city centre on 19:29 - Jun 1 with 629 viewsBoundy

Swansea city centre on 16:40 - Jun 1 by Kilkennyjack

Just a small point regarding your comment on the Empire, the reason that no has ever ,ever asked to come back is maybe because there isn't one. There is a commonwealth which seems enjoy large popularity is that what you you referring to

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea city centre on 20:39 - Jun 1 with 604 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea city centre on 19:06 - Jun 1 by Kilkennyjack

Welcome to the world of guessing stuff.

Thank you for an outstanding contribution.

🤣

It's all guesswork, like is mostly gueswork but then, you haven't really worked life out yet, have you.
Now then, outside the UK and EU, yes we are bound to succeed there, a backward government taking all the good and moving it to Caridff whilst the rest of Wales rots. What could possibly go wrong.
Swansea city centre on 20:40 - Jun 1 with 603 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 19:29 - Jun 1 by Boundy

Just a small point regarding your comment on the Empire, the reason that no has ever ,ever asked to come back is maybe because there isn't one. There is a commonwealth which seems enjoy large popularity is that what you you referring to

Its an interesting point.

I guess that i meant London rule, as things do change through time.

‘A total of 65 countries have claimed their independence from the British Empire or the United Kingdom’.

None have ever asked to return to being ruled by London.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024