Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea city centre 08:47 - May 20 with 26887 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Going to be a great day today
Swansea city centre on 20:13 - May 28 with 1144 viewsraynor94

Nice to see the 🇬🇧 flying high and proud from St Mary's today

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea city centre on 22:27 - May 28 with 1107 viewsSgorioFruit

Swansea city centre on 20:13 - May 28 by raynor94

Nice to see the 🇬🇧 flying high and proud from St Mary's today

yep looked great with the welsh dragon emblazoned across it.

oh sorry, we not good enough to feature on that flag

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Swansea city centre on 23:12 - May 28 with 1099 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea city centre on 22:27 - May 28 by SgorioFruit

yep looked great with the welsh dragon emblazoned across it.

oh sorry, we not good enough to feature on that flag

That is because the act of union between England and Wales happened about 400 years before the Welsh dragon appeared on a flag.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea city centre on 23:18 - May 28 with 1096 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea city centre on 20:08 - May 28 by Kilkennyjack

Did Brexit mean the English clubs could no longer play in the European Champions League then ?

Thought not …. 🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

EUROPEAN football is run by EUFA and has nothing to do with the EU and never has been . I though an expert on the EU like you would know that. The UK is still in Europe so of course they can play in European competitions.

If Wales ever did become independent their clubs could not play in an English league.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea city centre on 23:20 - May 28 with 1094 viewsBoundy

Swansea city centre on 19:40 - May 28 by Kilkennyjack

I live in Swansea, sort of why i support the Swans …… you know like almost all of us….

You are Kenneth Williams and i claim by £5.
An amazing sense of humour.
Laugh ? …… i nearly did ….

Hmmmm , you must be reading the map upside down

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea city centre on 23:55 - May 28 with 1086 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea city centre on 23:18 - May 28 by felixstowe_jack

EUROPEAN football is run by EUFA and has nothing to do with the EU and never has been . I though an expert on the EU like you would know that. The UK is still in Europe so of course they can play in European competitions.

If Wales ever did become independent their clubs could not play in an English league.

That's not entirely true, there are a number of teams that are allowed to play in different league systems. The most notable ones being perhaps Monaco, FC Vaduz or FC Andorra.
I would not like to call what way the FA would fall with a verdict in such a case, but they could decide either way.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea city centre on 00:02 - May 29 with 1080 viewsSgorioFruit

Swansea city centre on 23:12 - May 28 by felixstowe_jack

That is because the act of union between England and Wales happened about 400 years before the Welsh dragon appeared on a flag.

Ahh, you noticed that too?
Well, what you think? Insane or what?

oh and by the way, the welsh dragon first appeared on a flag a good thousand years before your act of Union between England and Wales

Nos da pawb
[Post edited 29 May 2023 0:07]

Swansea city centre on 08:13 - May 29 with 1037 viewsraynor94

Swansea city centre on 19:40 - May 28 by Kilkennyjack

I live in Swansea, sort of why i support the Swans …… you know like almost all of us….

You are Kenneth Williams and i claim by £5.
An amazing sense of humour.
Laugh ? …… i nearly did ….

"I live in Swansea " so what's with all the Irish malarkey?
[Post edited 29 May 2023 8:14]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea city centre on 08:18 - May 29 with 1032 viewsTogg

Swansea city centre on 08:13 - May 29 by raynor94

"I live in Swansea " so what's with all the Irish malarkey?
[Post edited 29 May 2023 8:14]

Parent or parents probably Irish.
Swansea city centre on 08:25 - May 29 with 1029 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city centre on 23:12 - May 28 by felixstowe_jack

Americans love their flag and look where that gets them.
Flags are pieces of cloth

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea city centre on 08:36 - May 29 with 1027 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 00:02 - May 29 by SgorioFruit

oh and by the way, the welsh dragon first appeared on a flag a good thousand years before your act of Union between England and Wales

Nos da pawb

Exactly, the dragon in Cymru goes back to the Roman military as a symbol of power.

Felix - schooled again.
Felix - stop buying the Daily Mail and turn off the BBC.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea city centre on 08:42 - May 29 with 1026 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 23:18 - May 28 by felixstowe_jack

You nearly worked it out but then failed.
Who are EUFA by the way ?

UEFA run European football, the EU do not.

Its a bit like the FA run English football, the westminster UK government do not.

Now try again …. I think you can do it ..

Swansea city centre on 08:45 - May 29 with 1024 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 08:25 - May 29 by onehunglow

Americans love their flag and look where that gets them.
Flags are pieces of cloth

The union flag is feared around the world.

Not having Wales represented on it is a very good thing.

Swansea city centre on 09:11 - May 29 with 1013 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea city centre on 00:02 - May 29 by SgorioFruit

Nos da pawb

A careful choice of words, well done because you probably know that when Cadwaladr used a dragon on his flag it was to represent his kingdom of Gwynedd and nothing to do woith aWelsh nation because of course, Wales wasn't a nation back then;it was a group of distinct kingdoms and principalities who spent most of their time fighting amongst themselves. That is also the reason why the English could coinquer Wales fairly easily, all those seperate kingdoms couldn't stand together because they hated each other, some even sided with the invaders.

The Welsh flag as we know it was only created in 1959, not even 70 years ago.

The dragon had been used on flags long before Cadwaladr but by the invading Romans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47389680
Swansea city centre on 09:14 - May 29 with 1011 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea city centre on 20:08 - May 28 by Kilkennyjack

Did Brexit mean the English clubs could no longer play in the European Champions League then ?

Thought not …. 🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Well the EU isn't a sovereign country and it doesn't run the football. The Champions league of course coming out of the European cup and all the countries of Europe obviously being IN Europe answer that.

Stop being obtuse mun.
Swansea city centre on 11:04 - May 29 with 986 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 09:14 - May 29 by SullutaCreturned

Well the EU isn't a sovereign country and it doesn't run the football. The Champions league of course coming out of the European cup and all the countries of Europe obviously being IN Europe answer that.

Stop being obtuse mun.

The government of the uk in westminster does not run the FA.

I cannot make this any clearer for you.
[Post edited 29 May 2023 11:16]

Swansea city centre on 11:15 - May 29 with 984 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 09:11 - May 29 by SullutaCreturned

A careful choice of words, well done because you probably know that when Cadwaladr used a dragon on his flag it was to represent his kingdom of Gwynedd and nothing to do woith aWelsh nation because of course, Wales wasn't a nation back then;it was a group of distinct kingdoms and principalities who spent most of their time fighting amongst themselves. That is also the reason why the English could coinquer Wales fairly easily, all those seperate kingdoms couldn't stand together because they hated each other, some even sided with the invaders.

The Welsh flag as we know it was only created in 1959, not even 70 years ago.

The dragon had been used on flags long before Cadwaladr but by the invading Romans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47389680

It took the Normans two hundred years after 1066 to subdue the welsh.

Sneering about how the welsh people chose to live and fight is taking a very anglocentric view of the world as regards nationhood. You are attemptimg to suggest that this way of living is somehow inferior to having …. Oh i dont know ….a king who has say 6 wives. And akso made up his own church. I mean how mad would that be ? Imagine if it endured to the present day. Crazy stuff right ?

Swansea city centre on 11:21 - May 29 with 980 viewsKilkennyjack

Drakers out for devo max or Indy today then ….

‘Drakeford said that since Brexit, Anglocentric Conservatives in London had shown a “fundamental disrespect” for the Welsh and Scottish parliaments by imposing internal trade rules and by failing to recognise Wales and Scotland had autonomy over health policy during the Covid crisis.

Rishi Sunak has shown greater respect towards the UK’s devolved nations “even if it doesn’t translate into very practical effects”.

He added: “What we should do is think of a United Kingdom in which sovereignty rests in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and then we choose voluntarily to pool that sovereignty back for certain important key shared purposes.”

🌹🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Swansea city centre on 16:20 - May 29 with 947 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city centre on 11:15 - May 29 by Kilkennyjack

Sneering about how the welsh people chose to live and fight is taking a very anglocentric view of the world as regards nationhood. You are attemptimg to suggest that this way of living is somehow inferior to having …. Oh i dont know ….a king who has say 6 wives. And akso made up his own church. I mean how mad would that be ? Imagine if it endured to the present day. Crazy stuff right ?

It’s now 2023 and you go back over 100 years.

Subdue how?

Swansea city centre on 21:06 - May 29 with 902 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea city centre on 11:15 - May 29 by Kilkennyjack

Anglocentric...you ignoramus, it was happening when the Romans invaded except then the "britons" inhabited most of Great Britain.

Besides, it's not sneering, it's a fact and it's nothing to do with nationhood as there was no nation called Wales back then.

PS, of course fighting amongst yourselves is inferior, in fact resorting to violence is always inferior, all it ever causes is more fighting.

PPS there are still people today who have 6 wives and others who make up their own churches.

PPPS, the Normans didn't try to conquer Wales in one go, it was a piecemeal process according to their needs at the time. Not that it matters. If the Welsh Kings and Princes had all fought together maybe we would have kicked the Normans butts and thinsg would have been different.
Swansea city centre on 21:33 - May 29 with 886 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 21:06 - May 29 by SullutaCreturned

Anglocentric...you ignoramus, it was happening when the Romans invaded except then the "britons" inhabited most of Great Britain.

Besides, it's not sneering, it's a fact and it's nothing to do with nationhood as there was no nation called Wales back then.

PS, of course fighting amongst yourselves is inferior, in fact resorting to violence is always inferior, all it ever causes is more fighting.

PPS there are still people today who have 6 wives and others who make up their own churches.

PPPS, the Normans didn't try to conquer Wales in one go, it was a piecemeal process according to their needs at the time. Not that it matters. If the Welsh Kings and Princes had all fought together maybe we would have kicked the Normans butts and thinsg would have been different.

Google says …..

‘The Welsh continued to call themselves Brythoniaid (Brythons or Britons) well into the Middle Ages, though the first use of Cymru and y Cymry is found as early as 633 in the Gododdin of Aneirin. In Armes Prydain, written in about 930, the words Cymry and Cymro are used as often as 15 times’.

But you are suggesting it did not exist.
Rightio.

Swansea city centre on 09:40 - May 30 with 805 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city centre on 21:33 - May 29 by Kilkennyjack

Google says …..

‘The Welsh continued to call themselves Brythoniaid (Brythons or Britons) well into the Middle Ages, though the first use of Cymru and y Cymry is found as early as 633 in the Gododdin of Aneirin. In Armes Prydain, written in about 930, the words Cymry and Cymro are used as often as 15 times’.

Rightio.

Surreal or what

Swansea city centre on 11:20 - May 30 with 788 viewsSgorioFruit

Swansea city centre on 21:33 - May 29 by Kilkennyjack

Google says …..

Rightio.

i wouldn't waste your time mate, its a history that none of the union jack lovers want to have anything to do with.

A lot don't have any idea of the history of their country, this is down to it not being taught in schools. The argument can go back and forth all day and all night.
Facts cannot be ignored, and that is when you stump a lot of people on here.

Swansea city centre on 17:08 - May 30 with 729 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea city centre on 11:20 - May 30 by SgorioFruit

i wouldn't waste your time mate, its a history that none of the union jack lovers want to have anything to do with.

A lot don't have any idea of the history of their country, this is down to it not being taught in schools. The argument can go back and forth all day and all night.
Facts cannot be ignored, and that is when you stump a lot of people on here.

It is a stark staring fact that Wale was not a nation way back then, we have several different kingdoms and principalities.

1536, that is when Wales became a country in it's own right.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/culture/sites/aboutwales/pages/history.shtml

Now then, as somebody else once said to me, you can have facts but you can't have your own facts.
Swansea city centre on 17:10 - May 30 with 728 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea city centre on 11:04 - May 29 by Kilkennyjack

The government of the uk in westminster does not run the FA.

I cannot make this any clearer for you.
[Post edited 29 May 2023 11:16]

The English FA runs the FA and they could decide to do what quite a large number of English fans want and kick Welsh clubs into the Welsh leagues if we went indy.

It's not a guarantee but it could happen. COULD. get your head around it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024