Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? 07:25 - Jan 30 with 27603 viewsGlyn1

And why, exactly?

Controversial Jack, but who else?

From CJ : "Appears that it could only be 70% effective and not 90% , and none of those in the trial given the low dosage were over 55. Given that many won't have the vaccine and it's effectiveness is just 70% it's going to be a crock of shit."
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 7:28]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:44 - Feb 1 with 1063 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:06 - Feb 1 by jackrmee

I can't find those vaccine trails off hand, but who commissioned or paid for these trials? The companies that want to sell the vaccines is my guess.

The results are available and have been objectively scrutinised by scientists.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:49 - Feb 1 with 1056 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:35 - Feb 1 by Professor

Check her out AfD.

She is a crank who is also using the pandemic for her own means. Chair of the Irish Freedom Party and part of an agency arranging trips to Dublin for St Patricks Day.

She has a less than stellar track record in science. She is not a professor of medicine. She develops methods to study proteins, and is not exactly a world leader in that.

Cited as one of the leading sources of misinformation around the pandemic.

That is the view of the science community. I do wish you would stop spreading dangerous lies here. The likes of Jack 123 are swallowing this.

So, answer the question, how do you know that the vaccines you are recommending everyone takes are safe in the long term when phase 3 trials were not completed?
Have they overcome the antibody dependent enhancement that was the problem with the SARS 1 mRNA vaccines?
If so how?
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:52 - Feb 1 with 1048 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:01 - Feb 1 by Jack123

Sounds like speculation to me, even if you google what does the vaccine do, it comes back as reducing the effects of the virus.

If what you said was true, they would be shouting about it from the rooftops.

The impact around transmission is a little speculative, it is certain to reduce it but we don't know by how much. The Israeli studies preliminary results suggest by 60% , that would be great. The vaccine hasn't been around long enough to be sure yet.

Don't rely on google - it's often Chinese whispers. This is one of the original papers on the results of the Pfizer trial.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577

In a nutshell - you were 95% less likely to get Covid symptoms at all if you received the actual vaccine.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:57 - Feb 1 with 1040 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:49 - Feb 1 by A_Fans_Dad

So, answer the question, how do you know that the vaccines you are recommending everyone takes are safe in the long term when phase 3 trials were not completed?
Have they overcome the antibody dependent enhancement that was the problem with the SARS 1 mRNA vaccines?
If so how?

They have you absolute plank. It's all there. The FDA, MHRA and EMEA all require this.

There is nor evidence of ADE in any of the vaccines. SARS CoV1 and CoV2 are not the same-they first is lot more vicious, but less transmissible.

Also the use of nucleic acid-based vaccines has advanced a lot since then. There are more problems with using antibodies as a therapeutic (like pooled plasma) for these reactions

Now stop reading conspiracy sites.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:59 - Feb 1 with 1036 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:52 - Feb 1 by Scotia

The impact around transmission is a little speculative, it is certain to reduce it but we don't know by how much. The Israeli studies preliminary results suggest by 60% , that would be great. The vaccine hasn't been around long enough to be sure yet.

Don't rely on google - it's often Chinese whispers. This is one of the original papers on the results of the Pfizer trial.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577

In a nutshell - you were 95% less likely to get Covid symptoms at all if you received the actual vaccine.

That's the point. It's too early to say but the early evidence is good. Unless someone is advocating human challenge studies or complex experiments with 100s of NHPs, the clinical data still coming in is the only way to know
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 15:01 - Feb 1 with 1034 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:57 - Feb 1 by Professor

They have you absolute plank. It's all there. The FDA, MHRA and EMEA all require this.

There is nor evidence of ADE in any of the vaccines. SARS CoV1 and CoV2 are not the same-they first is lot more vicious, but less transmissible.

Also the use of nucleic acid-based vaccines has advanced a lot since then. There are more problems with using antibodies as a therapeutic (like pooled plasma) for these reactions

Now stop reading conspiracy sites.

I was not reading conspiracy sites I was reading the scientific papers on mRNA Vaccine history.
They do not make good reading.
Hence this is the first use in Humans.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 15:17]
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 15:17 - Feb 1 with 1014 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 15:01 - Feb 1 by A_Fans_Dad

I was not reading conspiracy sites I was reading the scientific papers on mRNA Vaccine history.
They do not make good reading.
Hence this is the first use in Humans.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 15:17]

Not about phase iii trials though?

Think about it- it's not the mRNA that causes a problem. It has an incredibly short half live. It's antibody. There is no evidence of antibody enhancing re-infections, either clinically or experimentally.

At the moment it's a theory for this virus. Happens in some viruses like dengue.

Anyway, if you are not get getting vaccinated good luck if you are exposed to the new variants.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 15:19 - Feb 1 with 1013 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 15:17 - Feb 1 by Professor

Think about it- it's not the mRNA that causes a problem. It has an incredibly short half live. It's antibody. There is no evidence of antibody enhancing re-infections, either clinically or experimentally.

At the moment it's a theory for this virus. Happens in some viruses like dengue.

Anyway, if you are not get getting vaccinated good luck if you are exposed to the new variants.

It happened with SARS 1, there is plenty of literature about it.
As long as you are happy.
Login to get fewer ads

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 15:23 - Feb 1 with 1005 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 15:19 - Feb 1 by A_Fans_Dad

It happened with SARS 1, there is plenty of literature about it.
As long as you are happy.

Yes, but it's not SARS1 and the tech has moved on.

Anyway-more will be having the AZ, Novovax and Janssen vaccines. Which are not mRNA vaccines
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 15:32 - Feb 1 with 1001 viewsJack123

Talking of new variants. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55889391

Taken from the bbc link

More contagious
Like the UK variant, the South African variant is thought to be more contagious but there is no evidence it causes more serious illness.

However, there are signs it makes vaccination a little less effective.

Which is particularly worrying, feels like one step forward, two steps back.

libera nos a malo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 15:41 - Feb 1 with 990 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 15:32 - Feb 1 by Jack123

Talking of new variants. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55889391

Taken from the bbc link

More contagious
Like the UK variant, the South African variant is thought to be more contagious but there is no evidence it causes more serious illness.

However, there are signs it makes vaccination a little less effective.

Which is particularly worrying, feels like one step forward, two steps back.

It makes the roll out and uptake of the vaccine more important.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 15:48 - Feb 1 with 986 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 15:23 - Feb 1 by Professor

Yes, but it's not SARS1 and the tech has moved on.

Anyway-more will be having the AZ, Novovax and Janssen vaccines. Which are not mRNA vaccines

I am not sure that you can opt for any particular vaccine at the moment, which is why I have asked to delay having the vaccine.
I have not turned it down, I would rather wait and see how things go and hope non mRNA vaccines take over.
The J&J single shot looks interesting.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:07 - Feb 1 with 976 viewsDr_Winston

It is quite amusing to see someone with a Phd in this kind of stuff patiently explain science to people who can use Youtube.

I don't agree with the Prof on all things, but you'd have to have a massive ego and/or be a bit loopy to argue with him on the science.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:27 - Feb 1 with 959 viewsonehunglow

Paul.
Why are people well away from Science so sceptical prefering NOT to take a vaccine that could have their lives and many other.

There is no evidence it wont work .

Why are people so lethally anti anything .

We have lost 120,000 people and yet it's not enough to convince people that it is mankind in all its dumbness that is spreading death.

Compulsory.You bet I would. No travel,no stay anywhere unless you prove you have been vaccinated. The full Monty.Save our People .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:34 - Feb 1 with 952 viewsFireboy2

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:07 - Feb 1 by Dr_Winston

It is quite amusing to see someone with a Phd in this kind of stuff patiently explain science to people who can use Youtube.

I don't agree with the Prof on all things, but you'd have to have a massive ego and/or be a bit loopy to argue with him on the science.

Yes it's quite amusing.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:40 - Feb 1 with 946 viewsonehunglow

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:34 - Feb 1 by Fireboy2

Yes it's quite amusing.

It's not.with respect,abusing in any way whatsoever.It shows how deeply disturbed this country is.
We have a problem
We suggest masks might help,
We suggest keeping 2mtrs apart
We close pubs and restaurants to enforce that
Then we take a break for Chritmas wherupon we undo all the good wok and the sacrifice.
We die from it
We address a solution
We find a solution

Then we accept it as it cannot be proven 100% efficacious,as yet.

The sky is crying

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:07 - Feb 1 with 935 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Just had a phone call. I’ll be feeling a little prick on Friday morning.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:12 - Feb 1 with 927 viewsonehunglow

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:07 - Feb 1 by Joe_bradshaw

Just had a phone call. I’ll be feeling a little prick on Friday morning.

It' s just in the arm mun

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:49 - Feb 1 with 907 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:27 - Feb 1 by onehunglow

Paul.
Why are people well away from Science so sceptical prefering NOT to take a vaccine that could have their lives and many other.

There is no evidence it wont work .

Why are people so lethally anti anything .

We have lost 120,000 people and yet it's not enough to convince people that it is mankind in all its dumbness that is spreading death.

Compulsory.You bet I would. No travel,no stay anywhere unless you prove you have been vaccinated. The full Monty.Save our People .

Rich

I don't get it. It's like anti-science. There are now dog and cat anti-vaxxers and the raw food nuttters (usually the same). Why risk a 1-2% of dying and 10% or more chance of being seriously ill against something like a 0.01% of having severe vaccine reaction. It's not a perfect vaccine (there are not any that are) but the protection is excellent even against the new variants. As my neighbour said to me on the weekend, I'll be having it as trials suggest it stops you dying.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:52 - Feb 1 with 905 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:34 - Feb 1 by Fireboy2

Yes it's quite amusing.

Sadly FB and Dr W, I don't get amused by it. Misinformation and lies are killing people. I would have some of these (Yeardon, Cahill. Gupta and Henneghan) in the dock for assisting in manslaughter. A bit extreme I know.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:24 - Feb 1 with 883 viewsonehunglow

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:49 - Feb 1 by Professor

Rich

I don't get it. It's like anti-science. There are now dog and cat anti-vaxxers and the raw food nuttters (usually the same). Why risk a 1-2% of dying and 10% or more chance of being seriously ill against something like a 0.01% of having severe vaccine reaction. It's not a perfect vaccine (there are not any that are) but the protection is excellent even against the new variants. As my neighbour said to me on the weekend, I'll be having it as trials suggest it stops you dying.

You're more educated than me in science and I would opine I have a similiar standing in understanding human nature which is to perpetuate itself.

I see over One Hundred thousand deaths yet people doubting a vaccine out of a warped pseudo all knowing arrogance then an incredible text reckoning it is amusing.Not in any way could that word be used in this context.

If we had dysentry outbreak 200,000 would die here as many simply wont wash hands after using a lavatory.

We ,in my opinion,have gone backwards a a race not forward. We might have invented many things but we cannot simply look after our species through arrogance.

LOOK AT THE STATE WE'RE IN

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:31 - Feb 1 with 870 viewshobo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:24 - Feb 1 by onehunglow

You're more educated than me in science and I would opine I have a similiar standing in understanding human nature which is to perpetuate itself.

I see over One Hundred thousand deaths yet people doubting a vaccine out of a warped pseudo all knowing arrogance then an incredible text reckoning it is amusing.Not in any way could that word be used in this context.

If we had dysentry outbreak 200,000 would die here as many simply wont wash hands after using a lavatory.

We ,in my opinion,have gone backwards a a race not forward. We might have invented many things but we cannot simply look after our species through arrogance.

LOOK AT THE STATE WE'RE IN

I think your main mistake is taking these 100k deaths at face value, which is giving you a false sense of fear. Just because someone dies within 28 days of having a positive test (some sources now saying this has been extended to 60 days which is absurd!), doesn’t mean that they died of covid
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:35 - Feb 1 with 865 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:31 - Feb 1 by hobo

I think your main mistake is taking these 100k deaths at face value, which is giving you a false sense of fear. Just because someone dies within 28 days of having a positive test (some sources now saying this has been extended to 60 days which is absurd!), doesn’t mean that they died of covid

The vast majority have though, early in the pandemic there was no time limit. It was recorded as a covid death if they had ever tested positive.

There may be some who've tested positive and been hit by a bus or died of a completely unrelated cause but not many.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:38 - Feb 1 with 863 viewshobo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:35 - Feb 1 by Scotia

The vast majority have though, early in the pandemic there was no time limit. It was recorded as a covid death if they had ever tested positive.

There may be some who've tested positive and been hit by a bus or died of a completely unrelated cause but not many.

I’d say the opposite. Given the average age of death is 84, which is higher than the national life expectancy, the vast majority would have died of old age or other causes
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:46 - Feb 1 with 854 viewscontroversial_jack

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:31 - Feb 1 by hobo

It usually takes longer than 28 days to die, so it's probably been under reported. They are not counted as covid deaths unless they have a direct impact upon the patients death
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024