Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? 07:25 - Jan 30 with 28148 viewsGlyn1

And why, exactly?

Controversial Jack, but who else?

From CJ : "Appears that it could only be 70% effective and not 90% , and none of those in the trial given the low dosage were over 55. Given that many won't have the vaccine and it's effectiveness is just 70% it's going to be a crock of shit."
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 7:28]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:16 - Feb 4 with 1242 viewsjackrmee

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:08 - Feb 4 by Scotia

He doesn't sell vaccines.

He's a philanthropist and that's a good thing. He is giving and has given a substantial amount of money away, yes to the WHO but to other organisations too. He doesn't make money out of it.

Duw duw, ok mate....

$10billion to $200billion from vaccines mate. He's even bragging about it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/23/bill-gates-turns-10-billion-into-200-billion-wor

edit: here's the video
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 14:24]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:19 - Feb 4 with 1238 viewsjackrmee

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:13 - Feb 4 by Scotia

What if the when you first start coughing you are on a train for a few hours, or in a supermarket or somewhere similar? Not everyone self isolates either.

They're vaccinated now but they haven't been before but surely we want to give them the best PPE anyway? If they develop even very mild symptoms after the vaccine then they'd have to isolate and couldn't work.

I'm not everyone though. If I want to get the virus and self isolate my way to "immunity", then why should I be vilified for not taking a vaccine?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:21 - Feb 4 with 1237 viewsjackrmee

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:13 - Feb 4 by Scotia

What if the when you first start coughing you are on a train for a few hours, or in a supermarket or somewhere similar? Not everyone self isolates either.

They're vaccinated now but they haven't been before but surely we want to give them the best PPE anyway? If they develop even very mild symptoms after the vaccine then they'd have to isolate and couldn't work.

Why would they have to self isolate after the vaccine, if you can't spread it after the vaccine?

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:22 - Feb 4 with 1236 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:16 - Feb 4 by jackrmee

Duw duw, ok mate....

$10billion to $200billion from vaccines mate. He's even bragging about it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/23/bill-gates-turns-10-billion-into-200-billion-wor

edit: here's the video
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 14:24]

That's not what that article says.

He hasn't made $200 billion. His $10 billion has created $200 billion in social benefits. It's not personal gain.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:26 - Feb 4 with 1235 viewsjackrmee

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:22 - Feb 4 by Scotia

That's not what that article says.

He hasn't made $200 billion. His $10 billion has created $200 billion in social benefits. It's not personal gain.

AH yeah haha. I got that one wrong. But do you honestly believe he does it all out of the goodness of his heart?

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:30 - Feb 4 with 1229 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:26 - Feb 4 by jackrmee

AH yeah haha. I got that one wrong. But do you honestly believe he does it all out of the goodness of his heart?

Yes. He can afford to. He's given hundreds of millions away and is still one of the richest men in the world.

He's a good bloke.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:00 - Feb 4 with 1197 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:30 - Feb 4 by Scotia

Yes. He can afford to. He's given hundreds of millions away and is still one of the richest men in the world.

He's a good bloke.

The amount and scope of investment of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in improving human health directly and through investments in plant and livestock health is enormous. The support my colleagues have received in Malawi has helped roll out vaccination against rotavirus (diarrheoal disease is still a huge killer) which has made a significant decrease to infant mortality and provision of 'smoke free' cookers is reducing respiratory disease. There is huge support in breeding programmes as well as animal health training to provide better food and nutrition, training in soil and erosion management.

Yet some will bleat about 'tracker chips' whilst on a smartphone.

I had the pleasure of hearing Bill Gates in conversation at a Microbiology conference, I think about 5 or 6 years ago. Very interesting. There is always an assumption that 'liberal' politicians will do more for International Development, but he said he held George W. Bush in the highest regard in reforming US Aid to deliver more and for his huge personal and financial commitment to controlling HIV in Sub Saharan Africa.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:21 - Feb 4 with 1185 viewsCatullus

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:21 - Feb 4 by jackrmee

Why would they have to self isolate after the vaccine, if you can't spread it after the vaccine?

It takes time for the vaccine to become effective, at least 12 days I think, during which you need to isolate because if you catch covid before the vaccine kicks in, it won't help you.

Hey prof, I need validation again!

Your question about self isolating to immunity, from what I've read take up of the vaccine is around 70% so your plan won't work because so many people will still be potential carriers. Only if 00% of people get the vaccine will there be any herd immunity. Even then we may have to have a jab every year.

Hey prof, more validation or a correction please

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:20 - Feb 4 with 1156 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:21 - Feb 4 by jackrmee

The vaccine seems to be reduce the ability to spread the virus by up to 67%. So it doesn't completely stop you passing it on.

Also that is based on the original variant, the new variants could mean it is less effective.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:22 - Feb 4 with 1155 viewsScotia

I hate to jump on the "ask the Prof a question" bandwagon but I was thinking earlier about the Imperial College vaccine.

Is there any news on that?

From what I understand that is mRNA technology on steroids.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:51 - Feb 4 with 1150 viewsexhmrc1

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:21 - Feb 4 by Catullus

It takes time for the vaccine to become effective, at least 12 days I think, during which you need to isolate because if you catch covid before the vaccine kicks in, it won't help you.

Your question about self isolating to immunity, from what I've read take up of the vaccine is around 70% so your plan won't work because so many people will still be potential carriers. Only if 00% of people get the vaccine will there be any herd immunity. Even then we may have to have a jab every year.

The take up is higher than 70%. At the moment the figures show
80 years and older 81.3%
Aged 75-79 years 57.3%
Aged 70-74 years 26.9%
Care Home residents 76.7%
Care Home Workers 80.9%
Health Care Work 111765. % not shown but is near 100%

The 80 years and older is still increasing and will do further when housebound patients are vaccinated. The Care Home Residents will increase. Some in this group cannot be vaccinated if they have had covid recently so will be vaccinated when that date is reached. Aged 75-79 and 70-74 years are the current groups being vaccinated so will rise further. Nobody at this stage know how these figures will be impacted by going to the mass vaccination centres instead of surgeries and this will be true of other groups in the future.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 09:38 - Feb 5 with 1076 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:22 - Feb 4 by Scotia

I hate to jump on the "ask the Prof a question" bandwagon but I was thinking earlier about the Imperial College vaccine.

Is there any news on that?

From what I understand that is mRNA technology on steroids.

A good description-self amplifying RNA, so will need a more rigourous testing regimen IMHO.

Apparently in ongoing (earlyish) trials, but supposedly looking to reformulate to deal with the spike mutation variants. I guess it could appear for autumn, but unless it offers a lot more protection (which seems unlikely) then the others are already approved (we should have five approved soon) and already further down the variant route.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 09:49 - Feb 5 with 1072 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:21 - Feb 4 by Catullus

A primary antibody response takes about three weeks to really kick in, but you should start to get antibodies in 3-5 days post immunisation (these early ones are what we call IgM antibodies-low affinity so don't bind that well, but good at activating a defence mechanism called complement) from 10 days on we start to produce IgG antibodies-viral neutralising antibodies are of this type. From 14 days on there should be a lot of these. So, yes, 2 weeks before you have any real protective effect.

I think it's quite likely this becomes annual, like flu is for many, due to variation and the decreasing immunity over time. It may end up being every other year, to less frequent as we understand how long immunity lasts.

We probably need 65-70% coverage to get good herd immunity with the original strain, but, yes the newer variants may need higher coverage. Something highly transmissible (day measles with R0 of around 15) then well over 90% coverage is needed.

But at 70% there should be some effect. In theory if R0=3 in an outbreak, then 70% immune/resistant population should control it as the effective R0=1 (2 out of 3 times then transmission is largely stopped) though blocking of infection is a bit less efficient than this, so low level transmission is still likely.

Either way, a 70% vaccinated population is going to make a big difference
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 09:56 - Feb 5 with 1068 viewsDr_Winston

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:00 - Feb 4 by Professor

The amount and scope of investment of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in improving human health directly and through investments in plant and livestock health is enormous. The support my colleagues have received in Malawi has helped roll out vaccination against rotavirus (diarrheoal disease is still a huge killer) which has made a significant decrease to infant mortality and provision of 'smoke free' cookers is reducing respiratory disease. There is huge support in breeding programmes as well as animal health training to provide better food and nutrition, training in soil and erosion management.

Yet some will bleat about 'tracker chips' whilst on a smartphone.

I had the pleasure of hearing Bill Gates in conversation at a Microbiology conference, I think about 5 or 6 years ago. Very interesting. There is always an assumption that 'liberal' politicians will do more for International Development, but he said he held George W. Bush in the highest regard in reforming US Aid to deliver more and for his huge personal and financial commitment to controlling HIV in Sub Saharan Africa.

There's an interview with Melinda Gates bobbing around the internet somewhere (think it was with Letterman). She's immensely impressive and it wouldn't surprise me at all if she were the driving force behind a hell of a lot of it.

What they've done, and what they've encouraged others to do via their foundation can be truly world changing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 10:14 - Feb 5 with 1060 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 09:56 - Feb 5 by Dr_Winston

There's an interview with Melinda Gates bobbing around the internet somewhere (think it was with Letterman). She's immensely impressive and it wouldn't surprise me at all if she were the driving force behind a hell of a lot of it.

What they've done, and what they've encouraged others to do via their foundation can be truly world changing.

They can be a bit idiosyncratic in what they fund-it's very much driven by Bill & Melinda's personal interests and it took them a few years to see some of the 'bigger picture' in alleviating poverty and health inequality (like access to food). That said what they have done is overwhelmingly for good and to and extent have forced the likes of the Zuckerbergs and Bezos to also have foundations.

They can afford it, but so do many others who do not follow this path.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 10:17 - Feb 5 with 1059 viewsonehunglow

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:20 - Feb 4 by Scotia

The vaccine seems to be reduce the ability to spread the virus by up to 67%. So it doesn't completely stop you passing it on.

Also that is based on the original variant, the new variants could mean it is less effective.

67% v 0%

No contest really

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 11:18 - Feb 5 with 1045 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 10:17 - Feb 5 by onehunglow

67% v 0%

No contest really

It's what scientists call a no-brainer!
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 11:19 - Feb 5 with 1042 viewsonehunglow

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 11:18 - Feb 5 by Professor

It's what scientists call a no-brainer!

and for most most rudimentary educated folk

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 12:31 - Feb 5 with 1029 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Had my jab this morning, just waiting for Bill Gates to tell me where to go next and when...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:39 - Feb 5 with 982 viewsonehunglow

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 12:31 - Feb 5 by Joe_bradshaw

Had my jab this morning, just waiting for Bill Gates to tell me where to go next and when...

You might get some long term headaches joe. I did anyway but was a very brave boy.

Get it done people

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:21 - Feb 5 with 970 viewsexhmrc1

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:39 - Feb 5 by onehunglow

You might get some long term headaches joe. I did anyway but was a very brave boy.

Get it done people

I have been fine after mine yesterday. Just a bit of a sore arm. I had the Astra Zeneca one not Pfizer though. My wife feels a bit tired after hers. I agree have it done as soon as you are called.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:38 - Feb 5 with 938 viewshobo

Wasn't it Bill Gates who said we could achieve population reduction with vaccines? Not sure I'd trust anything he's involved in, and certainly wouldn't have it injected into my body
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:30 - Feb 5 with 912 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:38 - Feb 5 by hobo

Wasn't it Bill Gates who said we could achieve population reduction with vaccines? Not sure I'd trust anything he's involved in, and certainly wouldn't have it injected into my body

Bill Gates didn't say that.

I must say posting you wouldn't trust anything Bill Gates has been involved in on an Internet forum via a computer is a little bit ironic.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:17 - Feb 5 with 891 viewshobo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:30 - Feb 5 by Scotia

Bill Gates didn't say that.

I must say posting you wouldn't trust anything Bill Gates has been involved in on an Internet forum via a computer is a little bit ironic.

ok I admit I'm using Windows...

"First, we've got population. The world today has 6.8 billion people. That's headed up to about nine billion. Now, if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by, perhaps, 10 or 15 percent."

You must agree it's a very strange thing to say?
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:29 - Feb 5 with 882 viewsJack123

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:20 - Feb 4 by Scotia

I read the headlines as the vaccine MAY have the ability to reduce transmission by up to 67%,.

I'm trying to be neutral in all this from now on, I have moved from not on your nelly taking it!, to sort of in the middle.

There is so much disinformation around from shall we say pro to anti, it's an absolute disgrace, there is no wonder lots of people can't think straight.

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024