Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY 11:42 - Sep 10 with 11822 viewsModeratorC

The Swans return to action with more questions than answers this Saturday at home to Norwich City (3pm)

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik 12th Sep 2024 14:32
Swansea City, with three players out on loan from forward positions, two strikers included could be facing their next Championship game with just one striker available. The Swans have lost two of their opening four games, whilst the Canaries have lost one. 0

Stats from the game : A completely different Swansea City 15th Sep 2024 10:50
The Swans most certainly limited their passing yesterday afternoon, passing up to fifty percent less than they normally do so. In fact by a small difference Norwich City had more of the ball. Let’s have a look at the match stats. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 16:29 - Sep 15 with 1171 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 11:50 - Sep 15 by Flashberryjack

The thing I can's understand is, Cullen is 4 foot and a fart, his best attribute is sneaking a goal from loose balls around the goal area, in other words "goal poacher".

Then why oh! why do we persist on pumping high balls into their area, only for the keeper to catch or their tall defenders to head clear, doesn't make sense to me.

Well he's 5'10, his height isn't the problem, his heading ability is the problem.

He's a poacher and nothing else, play him off a proper striker and he'll get goals but playing 2 strikers seems to be illegal these days. They'll play 3 "forwards" whch is one striker and wide players.

I'd like to see us try 4-1-3-2.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 16:34 - Sep 15 with 1123 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 16:01 - Sep 15 by jack247

He can’t play up front on his own. He is, because our recruitment is shambolic.

His potential partner the beefy Kukharevych has been banished to Scotland where he is scoring goal. Recruitment is not the problem.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 16:40 - Sep 15 with 1109 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 16:34 - Sep 15 by ReslovenSwan1

His potential partner the beefy Kukharevych has been banished to Scotland where he is scoring goal. Recruitment is not the problem.

If you spend £4m on two strikers and have to send them both out on loan twelve months later, then recruitment is absolutely the problem.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 16:44 - Sep 15 with 1097 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 16:40 - Sep 15 by jack247

If you spend £4m on two strikers and have to send them both out on loan twelve months later, then recruitment is absolutely the problem.

It is indeed to those with any common sense.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 16:53 - Sep 15 with 1080 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 16:01 - Sep 15 by jack247

He can’t play up front on his own. He is, because our recruitment is shambolic.

Don't do it mate, the WUM is just trying to push the buttons. Keith has posted the facts on here many times which he chooses to ignore.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 17:00 - Sep 15 with 1036 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 16:40 - Sep 15 by jack247

So right there

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:22 - Sep 15 with 939 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 16:53 - Sep 15 by Whiterockin

Don't do it mate, the WUM is just trying to push the buttons. Keith has posted the facts on here many times which he chooses to ignore.

Exactly.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 20:36 - Sep 15 with 796 viewsKeithHaynes

I see the much touted Kaide Gordon, the Liverpool kid we chased has been getting splinters on the Norwich bench.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 22:10 - Sep 15 with 709 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 16:53 - Sep 15 by Whiterockin

Recruitment is hits and misses. Watson gets dogs abuse for Kuharevych and Yates but they are doing OK at their new clubs. Kuharevych has scored more league goals than any Swansea player so far. Yates is doing ok. Is it all Watson's fault? I doubt it. Gyorkeres a was a duffer at Swansea remember. No one to blame as they are only extravagantly paid professionals

Ronald and Franco are seem as potential stars and if they go for big bucks all the losses on others are forgotten. The keeper seems sound the first club player since Fabianski. Eom looks good and Vipotnik and Bianchini have feature but look undercooked. This is not surprising.

Moderator D has told me to be polite to you people or get banned. I can understand a little as the number of people who post compared to view seems disproportionate so the regular poster have some clout. The accusations of cliques and committees is seen as provocative so I will not use them anymore or any other words suggesting collusion between posters .
[Post edited 15 Sep 22:11]

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 02:14 - Sep 16 with 597 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 22:10 - Sep 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Recruitment is hits and misses. Watson gets dogs abuse for Kuharevych and Yates but they are doing OK at their new clubs. Kuharevych has scored more league goals than any Swansea player so far. Yates is doing ok. Is it all Watson's fault? I doubt it. Gyorkeres a was a duffer at Swansea remember. No one to blame as they are only extravagantly paid professionals

Ronald and Franco are seem as potential stars and if they go for big bucks all the losses on others are forgotten. The keeper seems sound the first club player since Fabianski. Eom looks good and Vipotnik and Bianchini have feature but look undercooked. This is not surprising.

Moderator D has told me to be polite to you people or get banned. I can understand a little as the number of people who post compared to view seems disproportionate so the regular poster have some clout. The accusations of cliques and committees is seen as provocative so I will not use them anymore or any other words suggesting collusion between posters .

There is no pressure at all from anyone on this site to me I can assure you of that. We run a fairly tight ship and expect respect for our charity partners. They understand this is a football forum and I’ve heard absolutely nothing of late from them regards any issues.

Committees or similar don’t exist.

As it stands, and this goes for everyone, you and they are welcome to field their views in a way that we expect to be adult and child friendly.

As I’ve often stated this site is very productive and the only issues that are or have been created is from people who have long left, or try to surface under new usernames. We let them roll for a bit, one in particular who always offers us an insight to who they are or were.

Technology is a wonderful thing these days. And we gather all our information in a right and proper way with one eye on them starting their nonsense again or instigating proceedings if necessary. We’ve done it before and will have no qualms about doing it again. Nobody as it stands, on this website, in any way is fitting of the need to do that.

From day one I’ve made that clear, and that’s now four years in a few days time.

This message is for all.

Thanks for your continued support on the Swans biggest website outside of the official news source. Myself and my family are extremely grateful.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 06:18 - Sep 16 with 555 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 22:10 - Sep 15 by ReslovenSwan1

£4m both sent out on loan and replaced by a striker who doesn’t look anywhere near capable of playing 90 minutes and one who was already here, can’t play up front on his own and was almost universally seen as the fall guy when we signed Yates and Kukharevych.

Watson and Coleman weren’t here when we had Gyokores.

Certainly they get credit for Franco and Ronald. The post was about our shambolic lack of striking options.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 06:45 - Sep 16 with 552 viewsDr_Winston

If Yates and Big Myk continue to do well out on loan then the question becomes no longer one about the recruitment but the coaching.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 09:01 - Sep 16 with 502 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 06:45 - Sep 16 by Dr_Winston

If Yates and Big Myk continue to do well out on loan then the question becomes no longer one about the recruitment but the coaching.

I don't think the continue to do well is relevant to Yates. He has played three games for Derby they have scored six goals in those games and he is yet to score. IMO he had an average spell for Blackpool, we took a punt and it hasn't paid off, poor recruitment because he needs to play in a two up front and we were never going to do that. As for Kuharevich, he is one of life's mysteries.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 09:13 - Sep 16 with 470 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 06:45 - Sep 16 by Dr_Winston

This is what I am suggesting. I have no doubt Mykolo would have been useful at least off the bench. There are more than one way to solve a problem.

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 09:53 - Sep 16 with 416 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 09:01 - Sep 16 by Whiterockin

I don't think the continue to do well is relevant to Yates. He has played three games for Derby they have scored six goals in those games and he is yet to score. IMO he had an average spell for Blackpool, we took a punt and it hasn't paid off, poor recruitment because he needs to play in a two up front and we were never going to do that. As for Kuharevich, he is one of life's mysteries.

"10. Yates. 8. Another successful-looking loan. Clever, always scheming. Deserves a goal soon"

"10. Yates 7.5 his two back heels one of which released Elder for the goal assist, wow 🤩 "

Those two are from the Cardiff game. Lack of goals clearly not the same as a lack of performance/ influence.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 10:09 - Sep 16 with 396 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 09:53 - Sep 16 by Dr_Winston

"10. Yates. 8. Another successful-looking loan. Clever, always scheming. Deserves a goal soon"

"10. Yates 7.5 his two back heels one of which released Elder for the goal assist, wow 🤩 "

Those two are from the Cardiff game. Lack of goals clearly not the same as a lack of performance/ influence.

The thing is, some players just don’t suit our style of play or our tactics. It’s not a case of them being good enough, far from it. They just don’t fit.

It’s no coincidence that certain players go elsewhere and succeed or at least contribute the more.

So in a way this isn’t a coaching problem, more a scouting issue looking at square pegs where only round ones will do.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 10:23 - Sep 16 with 382 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 10:09 - Sep 16 by union_jack

The thing is, some players just don’t suit our style of play or our tactics. It’s not a case of them being good enough, far from it. They just don’t fit.

It’s no coincidence that certain players go elsewhere and succeed or at least contribute the more.

So in a way this isn’t a coaching problem, more a scouting issue looking at square pegs where only round ones will do.

The thing people keep forgetting is that Yates wasn't recruited for Williams, he was recruited for Duff, and under Duff he was on target to easily get into double figures again. Williams had no use for him or Kukharyvich.

Now you can argue the point, and this is generally where I fall, that managers should use what they have until we have alternatives. We've had too many coaches lately who are inflexible about what they want to do, and it's cost us a lot of money.

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 10:45 - Sep 16 with 352 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 10:23 - Sep 16 by Dr_Winston

The thing people keep forgetting is that Yates wasn't recruited for Williams, he was recruited for Duff, and under Duff he was on target to easily get into double figures again. Williams had no use for him or Kukharyvich.

Now you can argue the point, and this is generally where I fall, that managers should use what they have until we have alternatives. We've had too many coaches lately who are inflexible about what they want to do, and it's cost us a lot of money.

It’s not unlike managing in any sizeable company

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:00 - Sep 16 with 272 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 10:23 - Sep 16 by Dr_Winston

It’s a fair point about Duff. Yates did look much better early in the season.

More importantly though, they haven’t been replaced. Vipotnik doesn’t look like he’ll have 90 minutes in him any time soon. He played 15-20 minutes and was knackered by the end.

I don’t think anyone honestly believes Cullen is a starter as a lone centre forward.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:21 - Sep 16 with 241 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:00 - Sep 16 by jack247

It’s a fair point about Duff. Yates did look much better early in the season.

More importantly though, they haven’t been replaced. Vipotnik doesn’t look like he’ll have 90 minutes in him any time soon. He played 15-20 minutes and was knackered by the end.

I don’t think anyone honestly believes Cullen is a starter as a lone centre forward.

The way I see matters ,being a born pessimist , is we have recruiting a very good goalkeeper that could stay with us several seasons ,if he wants .
Franco is a pretty brilliant acquisition .
Others are ,at the moment ,rather meh
I still believe it is a co@ching issue but VIp does look a bit of a slug around the field .
The defence looks decent ,when they are played in right positions and quit the faff .
Midfield has potential to be effective but our striking options,right now,look awful

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:38 - Sep 16 with 223 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:21 - Sep 16 by onehunglow

The way I see matters ,being a born pessimist , is we have recruiting a very good goalkeeper that could stay with us several seasons ,if he wants .
Franco is a pretty brilliant acquisition .
Others are ,at the moment ,rather meh
I still believe it is a co@ching issue but VIp does look a bit of a slug around the field .
The defence looks decent ,when they are played in right positions and quit the faff .
Midfield has potential to be effective but our striking options,right now,look awful

I don’t think it’s a coaching issue, he’s just really unfit. He’s probably a good striker but I don’t think we’ll be in a position to judge for a while.

Even if he turns out to be exceptional though, it’s borderline negligent to go with him and Cullen from August to January.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:40 - Sep 16 with 221 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:38 - Sep 16 by jack247

I don’t think it’s a coaching issue, he’s just really unfit. He’s probably a good striker but I don’t think we’ll be in a position to judge for a while.

Even if he turns out to be exceptional though, it’s borderline negligent to go with him and Cullen from August to January.

Decent reply
Who knows really

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 14:04 - Sep 16 with 207 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:38 - Sep 16 by jack247

How on earth can a professional athlete with access to all the resources needed - high tech gym equipment, diets and dieticians, personalised training regimes - not be fit enough to put in 15-20 minutes before blowing through their Annis’s? And he’s only in his 20s. I couid be fitter than that given those resources after the same amount of time. Well I couldn’t but I exaggerate for effect!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024