Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY 11:42 - Sep 10 with 11824 viewsModeratorC

The Swans return to action with more questions than answers this Saturday at home to Norwich City (3pm)

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik 12th Sep 2024 14:32
Swansea City, with three players out on loan from forward positions, two strikers included could be facing their next Championship game with just one striker available. The Swans have lost two of their opening four games, whilst the Canaries have lost one. 0

Stats from the game : A completely different Swansea City 15th Sep 2024 10:50
The Swans most certainly limited their passing yesterday afternoon, passing up to fifty percent less than they normally do so. In fact by a small difference Norwich City had more of the ball. Let’s have a look at the match stats. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 17:20 - Sep 14 with 1599 viewstheloneranger

Really enjoyable game, but our crossing is absolutely abysmal - 4 successful crosses out of 24.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 17:21 - Sep 14 with 1594 viewsmax936

Good win that, pity we couldn't score more though, although we didn't actually score today

Seen enough in Peart-Harris to give him a run of games, it needs to happen.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 17:23 - Sep 14 with 1550 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 17:08 - Sep 14 by union_jack

They were all brilliant to be fair. A couple of brain farts but a determined lot out there today.

Don’t know what to say about the ref. I suppose he allowed play to go on but there were some decisions out there for both sides that had me scratching my head.

Keep that up and we’ll be ok this season.

Sunderland must have jogged down to Plymouth. A bump down to earth for them.

Oh, and Cardiff…😂😂😂

Sounds like a good game ,hopefully that will continue when I get back for the next game, look forward to the highlights all the same.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 17:46 - Sep 14 with 1421 viewsdantheswansman

Best first half from us all season, always said there is a good team in there but it will take time, i am more than positive looking forward, that lot can play
And before the negative andy's come out in force, Norwich are no pushovers

Oh and Ronald should have got a penalty late in second half, Ref could not be bothered
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 17:48 - Sep 14 with 1409 viewsswan65split

missed the goal, and what I seen of the game, an improved performance all round except 2 things, both mentioned in other posts, crossing, and up front......work or replacement needed there.

Cabango....outstanding tackle mate..
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 17:48 - Sep 14 with 1395 viewsDr_Winston

Very good first half. Hard pressing, hard working. Norwich just couldn't settle. Franco was outstanding at winning possession back, and it was a game that suited Oli Cooper. Again lacking in quality when in possession of the ball, but he was an absolute nuisance for their back four. Eom also had his best 45 in a Swans shirt IMO.

Less so in the second half. A few bad habits crept back in and we stopped doing what had worked so well to begin with. Three or four times we put ourselves under serious pressure with completely unnecessary backwards passes.

Lots more performances like that first 45 (and the second half against WBA) and the pressure will ease on Williams.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 17:53 - Sep 14 with 1353 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 17:21 - Sep 14 by max936

Good win that, pity we couldn't score more though, although we didn't actually score today

That cameo run towards the end of the game was enough for me to see he has real quality
He absolutely should start
He might be the answer to our striker problem.
Cullen and the Slove are not .
He’s a big lad too.

Tiday,much better . Grimes was outstanding . Yep,he did what he should have been doing years ago . A real classy performance . Now build on that
We can play and play forwards . We have to end this sideways shite
We did today and look at the result

This I
League is very very level with no outstandingly bad teams ,although Cradiff look the worst but they drew against us l which really was a shameless result we should avenge when next we meet the Kent’s

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:06 - Sep 14 with 1237 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 17:21 - Sep 14 by max936

Really enjoyed the game and IMO a much better performance although we were really hanging on at the end. I can see what you mean about Peart-Harris but my concern is at the final whistle he was laying on the floor exausted, some of these players really need to up their fitness. It would be unfair to judge Vipotnik as he came on when we were backs to the wall. His closing down was better but he had virtually no possession/chances to speak of. MoM for me Franco by a country mile, a beast of a player.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:08 - Sep 14 with 1212 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:06 - Sep 14 by Whiterockin

Really enjoyed the game and IMO a much better performance although we were really hanging on at the end. I can see what you mean about Peart-Harris but my concern is at the final whistle he was laying on the floor exausted, some of these players really need to up their fitness. It would be unfair to judge Vipotnik as he came on when we were backs to the wall. His closing down was better but he had virtually no possession/chances to speak of. MoM for me Franco by a country mile, a beast of a player.

Yeah, he’s gonna be a club “ legend” if he hangs around
One for the crowd to treasure and make a folk hero
Pearl Harris looks really classy

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:13 - Sep 14 with 1184 viewsAnotherJohn

I thought we defended well today, and this was a very good result against a strong team. What was less impressive was our goal threat. If you ignore the own goal, our keeper had a lot more work to do than the Norwich keeper, and the goal efforts they produced were better than our's. Cullen toiled away gamely but looked weak in the air, and indeed didn't get much on target on the ground. Vipotnik was pretty anonymous again. The other disappointing thing is that Ronald seems to me to have regressed; his crosses and general end product did not match his approach work.
[Post edited 14 Sep 18:30]
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:17 - Sep 14 with 1136 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:13 - Sep 14 by AnotherJohn

I thought we defended well today, and this was a very good result against a strong team. What was less impressive was our goal threat. If you ignore the own goal, our keeper had a lot more work to do than the Norwich keeper, and the goal efforts they produced were better than our's. Cullen toiled away gamely but looked weak in the air, and indeed didn't get much on target on the ground. Vipotnik was pretty anonymous again. The other disappointing thing is that Ronald seems to me to have regressed; his crosses and general end product did not match his approach work.

Good post.
It’s in the last 18 yards that games are won
We are very weak on that area
I don’t think we have the coach who can improve that

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:30 - Sep 14 with 1047 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:13 - Sep 14 by AnotherJohn

Strange you say that because I thought Ronald was excellent. Best game I’ve seen him have.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:33 - Sep 14 with 1018 viewsunion_jack

From the Norwich forum:

“ Got what we deserved today, wouldn't mind so much but Swansea are a very poor side”

Bit harsh😳. Today anyway. Should have seen us against Wycombe😂

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:34 - Sep 14 with 1035 viewsAnotherJohn

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:30 - Sep 14 by union_jack

Strange you say that because I thought Ronald was excellent. Best game I’ve seen him have.

Well I guess it depends what parts of Ronald's game you focus on. He made some good runs and tackled well a few times, but I thought his crossing was pretty awful. He catches the eye, but the phrase "flatters to deceive" comes to mind at the moment. Obviously i hope he will settle down and the end product will improve.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:36 - Sep 14 with 1017 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:30 - Sep 14 by union_jack

Opinions innit
I thought Grimes was as brilliant as he has been gross in previous games

I’m hoping Luke has gotten into him to end his madness

We have no end product though and that result was ground out and we hung in.
We have to be realistic
We are desperate for a striker
The club has majorly cupped up as regards strikers options

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:41 - Sep 14 with 979 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:34 - Sep 14 by AnotherJohn

Well I guess it depends what parts of Ronald's game you focus on. He made some good runs and tackled well a few times, but I thought his crossing was pretty awful. He catches the eye, but the phrase "flatters to deceive" comes to mind at the moment. Obviously i hope he will settle down and the end product will improve.

He's very poor, his crossing in general and his ball control is sunday league
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:48 - Sep 14 with 918 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans fly high with all the points taken at home to Norwich City 14th Sep 2024 18:22
The Swans put on their best performance of the season to remain undefeated at home in this seasons Championship. It wasn’t easy with lapses of concentration, and a poor showing from some of the substitutes ensured the drama went on to the ninety seventh minute of this fixture. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:59 - Sep 14 with 827 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 18:06 - Sep 14 by Whiterockin

They.ve just a fortnights rest from games they should have been working on their fitness then, doing runs short sharp runs mixed with a few stamina building runs, small sided games improve fitness as well more so in fact due to twisting turning running forward, sidewards and back, those games are gut busters if done properly.
[Post edited 14 Sep 19:00]

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 19:02 - Sep 14 with 813 viewsKeithHaynes

That through ball for the Norwich player mind …

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 19:03 - Sep 14 with 800 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 19:02 - Sep 14 by KeithHaynes

Pin point!

😂

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 19:04 - Sep 14 with 793 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 19:02 - Sep 14 by KeithHaynes

Was under hit
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 19:05 - Sep 14 with 780 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 19:04 - Sep 14 by Whiterockin

Was under hit

Depends on which side you are on 😂

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 19:31 - Sep 14 with 666 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 19:05 - Sep 14 by KeithHaynes

Depends on which side you are on 😂

I was convinced that was gonna be the equaliser, couldn't believe my eyes when the player fluffed his lines and I think he was the player Cabango dispossessed when he was through on goal as well.

Not gonna get away with chances like that very often.
[Post edited 14 Sep 19:33]

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 19:44 - Sep 14 with 618 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 19:31 - Sep 14 by max936

I was convinced that was gonna be the equaliser, couldn't believe my eyes when the player fluffed his lines and I think he was the player Cabango dispossessed when he was through on goal as well.

Not gonna get away with chances like that very often.
[Post edited 14 Sep 19:33]

With quality like that at the back we will more than without him 👍

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 20:10 - Sep 14 with 513 viewsRichardO

Did anyone in the know have bet on a 1-1 draw.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024