Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY 11:42 - Sep 10 with 11823 viewsModeratorC

The Swans return to action with more questions than answers this Saturday at home to Norwich City (3pm)

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik 12th Sep 2024 14:32
Swansea City, with three players out on loan from forward positions, two strikers included could be facing their next Championship game with just one striker available. The Swans have lost two of their opening four games, whilst the Canaries have lost one. 0

Stats from the game : A completely different Swansea City 15th Sep 2024 10:50
The Swans most certainly limited their passing yesterday afternoon, passing up to fifty percent less than they normally do so. In fact by a small difference Norwich City had more of the ball. Let’s have a look at the match stats. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 20:21 - Sep 14 with 1653 viewsRichardO

Get the ball up to Ronald early enough then you will see the best of him, for me Key first option should be down the line, not back inside, get the ball to his feet or in behind the defenders he has enough about him to cause problem, even against two men and can get us down the pitch in good positions, although if we insist in giving away those good positions for the sake of possession I despair.
Grimes had a good game today in the first half and more noticeable was his press up the top end of the pitch as Norwich tried the same change of tactics that Cardiff had success with. He did struggle after the last bout of substitutions because he had cramped up just before them and should have come off. First time I have seen him cramp up must have been the extra asked of him.

Defensive shape was much better not committing players to a press until we were in a shape to do so.
A bit ragged in that last fifteen but more than happy with the win.
Still a couple of over playing the ball but if we are struggling higher up the pitch maybe that is the reason.
Pearl-Harris and Bianchini looks if they can hold onto the ball high up the pitch which will help us.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 20:22 - Sep 14 with 1648 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 20:10 - Sep 14 by RichardO

Did anyone in the know have bet on a 1-1 draw.

Cabango didn't!! 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 20:27 - Sep 14 with 1605 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 20:21 - Sep 14 by RichardO

Get the ball up to Ronald early enough then you will see the best of him, for me Key first option should be down the line, not back inside, get the ball to his feet or in behind the defenders he has enough about him to cause problem, even against two men and can get us down the pitch in good positions, although if we insist in giving away those good positions for the sake of possession I despair.
Grimes had a good game today in the first half and more noticeable was his press up the top end of the pitch as Norwich tried the same change of tactics that Cardiff had success with. He did struggle after the last bout of substitutions because he had cramped up just before them and should have come off. First time I have seen him cramp up must have been the extra asked of him.

Defensive shape was much better not committing players to a press until we were in a shape to do so.
A bit ragged in that last fifteen but more than happy with the win.
Still a couple of over playing the ball but if we are struggling higher up the pitch maybe that is the reason.
Pearl-Harris and Bianchini looks if they can hold onto the ball high up the pitch which will help us.

I’d like to see more of our wide men receiving the ball on the move. There were a few glimpses of it today which was good to see but it’s difficult to beat your man when you receive the ball standing still and asked to generate the pace to beat the man / men marking you.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 20:27 - Sep 14 with 1602 viewsDr_Winston

Ronald will rightly earn a lot of goodwill based on his effort. Can't fault his attitude and willingness to work for the team. Just wish he was a bit more composed when it matters.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 21:18 - Sep 14 with 1483 viewsHoneyBadger

Might just be me, but I would need the assistance of the Bletchley Park codebreakers to work out what LWs tactics are when moving forward from defence.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 22:09 - Sep 14 with 1354 viewsbuilthjack

If Cullen could head a ball it would have been 3-0.
2 sitters.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 22:11 - Sep 14 with 1335 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 22:09 - Sep 14 by builthjack

If Cullen could head a ball it would have been 3-0.
2 sitters.

Cullen is plainly not good enough.

It's dispiriting that so many people are laying into Vipotnik, despite him offering more in ten minutes than "one of our own" did in 80.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 22:13 - Sep 14 with 1324 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 21:18 - Sep 14 by HoneyBadger

Might just be me, but I would need the assistance of the Bletchley Park codebreakers to work out what LWs tactics are when moving forward from defence.

It is either let the forward players work it out for themselves or just get the ball in as quick as you can regard less of who is in the box or whete, Naughton's experience ensured a lack of aimless play down the left,.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 22:14 - Sep 14 with 1322 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 20:22 - Sep 14 by theloneranger

Cabango didn't!! 😂

Ronald?
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 22:39 - Sep 14 with 1210 viewsThrasher6

We have to remember it's the Championship. It's a weird league. Brutal might be a better word. It can make you look average when you are not. Players need time to adjust.
[Post edited 14 Sep 23:13]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 23:01 - Sep 14 with 1170 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 22:39 - Sep 14 by Thrasher6

We have to remember it's the Championship. It's a weird league. Brutal might be a better word. It can make you look average when you are not. Players need time to adjust.
[Post edited 14 Sep 23:13]

Same could be said about coaches.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 11:50 - Sep 15 with 742 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 22:11 - Sep 14 by Dr_Winston

It's dispiriting that so many people are laying into Vipotnik, despite him offering more in ten minutes than "one of our own" did in 80.

The thing I can's understand is, Cullen is 4 foot and a fart, his best attribute is sneaking a goal from loose balls around the goal area, in other words "goal poacher".

Then why oh! why do we persist on pumping high balls into their area, only for the keeper to catch or their tall defenders to head clear, doesn't make sense to me.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 12:18 - Sep 15 with 731 viewsmax936

Interest reading? Stats, stats and dam stats

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/czxlvwnqe7vt#MatchStats

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 12:39 - Sep 15 with 679 viewsKeithHaynes

Yes we know 😉

Stats from the game : A completely different Swansea City 15th Sep 2024 10:50
The Swans most certainly limited their passing yesterday afternoon, passing up to fifty percent less than they normally do so. In fact by a small difference Norwich City had more of the ball. Let’s have a look at the match stats. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:08 - Sep 15 with 635 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 22:11 - Sep 14 by Dr_Winston

I don’t know what Cullen is on but my guess is peanuts.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:12 - Sep 15 with 625 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 11:50 - Sep 15 by Flashberryjack

The thing I can's understand is, Cullen is 4 foot and a fart, his best attribute is sneaking a goal from loose balls around the goal area, in other words "goal poacher".

Then why oh! why do we persist on pumping high balls into their area, only for the keeper to catch or their tall defenders to head clear, doesn't make sense to me.

He loves the club though
Innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:27 - Sep 15 with 624 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 11:50 - Sep 15 by Flashberryjack

Nobody understands this.

My guess is Vipotnik will start when he gets up to speed . Looks a long way off that at the moment though
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:45 - Sep 15 with 609 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:27 - Sep 15 by jack247

Nobody understands this.

My guess is Vipotnik will start when he gets up to speed . Looks a long way off that at the moment though

I admirer your optimism. His performances up to now have been woeful, and I don't think I've ever seen a striker more useless in the air; I'd fancy Franco to beat him every time in an aerial battle. To rub salt in the wounds Mykola scored once again in a Scottish Premier match.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:50 - Sep 15 with 606 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:45 - Sep 15 by nantywatcher

I admirer your optimism. His performances up to now have been woeful, and I don't think I've ever seen a striker more useless in the air; I'd fancy Franco to beat him every time in an aerial battle. To rub salt in the wounds Mykola scored once again in a Scottish Premier match.

At the moment, Vipotnik is way off the pace and Cullen is never going to be able to play that role.

Honestly don’t know what Watson and Coleman expected.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 14:09 - Sep 15 with 557 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:50 - Sep 15 by jack247

At the moment, Vipotnik is way off the pace and Cullen is never going to be able to play that role.

Honestly don’t know what Watson and Coleman expected.

The last sentence is the biggest problem at the club.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 14:30 - Sep 15 with 519 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 13:45 - Sep 15 by nantywatcher

I think I could score in a Scottish premier match.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 14:55 - Sep 15 with 462 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 14:30 - Sep 15 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Have you ever watched any? I watched the Old Firm derby recently and I thought it wad a stunning game of the highest quality. I pretty sure Hibs would beat us 4 times out of five.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 15:15 - Sep 15 with 408 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 14:30 - Sep 15 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Have you ever watched any? I watched the Old Firm derby recently and I thought it wad a stunning game of the highest quality. I pretty sure Hibs would beat us 4 times out of five.
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 15:52 - Sep 15 with 344 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cullen it seems (maybe) declined a new offer and is running down his deal. He clearly wants more money. Williams has told him to earn his new deal and if he puts away headers and bang in 15 goals they will pay him accordingly. He must work on his weaknesses. He has been indulged by Williams who even handed his penalty duties to improve his poor stats. He could not hit the target.

To me he is not a complete forward and does not deserve big money. He is the best forward the club have produced for Wales in 30 years. Jason Bowen was a lot better.

An aversion to head contact is not something a person can overcome in my view. It is going against his natural instincts. He is a useful utility back up layer perhaps coming off the bench but a very poor replacement for Piroe. As squad back up his wages should be no more than £3k a week. This would notionally help the club balance the books.

The team last season was not creating goal interventions. Since then a slew of wide players has arrived. This has exposed Cullen's glaring weaknesses. Before the narrative was "you cannot blame him for not scoring because there was no service for the True Jack who always busts a gut."

Now it is "why put balls into the bx for a True jack battler who is not strong and does not like heading the ball"
[Post edited 15 Sep 15:54]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 16:01 - Sep 15 with 327 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread : GAMEDAY on 15:52 - Sep 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Cullen it seems (maybe) declined a new offer and is running down his deal. He clearly wants more money. Williams has told him to earn his new deal and if he puts away headers and bang in 15 goals they will pay him accordingly. He must work on his weaknesses. He has been indulged by Williams who even handed his penalty duties to improve his poor stats. He could not hit the target.

To me he is not a complete forward and does not deserve big money. He is the best forward the club have produced for Wales in 30 years. Jason Bowen was a lot better.

An aversion to head contact is not something a person can overcome in my view. It is going against his natural instincts. He is a useful utility back up layer perhaps coming off the bench but a very poor replacement for Piroe. As squad back up his wages should be no more than £3k a week. This would notionally help the club balance the books.

The team last season was not creating goal interventions. Since then a slew of wide players has arrived. This has exposed Cullen's glaring weaknesses. Before the narrative was "you cannot blame him for not scoring because there was no service for the True Jack who always busts a gut."

Now it is "why put balls into the bx for a True jack battler who is not strong and does not like heading the ball"
[Post edited 15 Sep 15:54]

He can’t play up front on his own. He is, because our recruitment is shambolic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024