Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winter fuel allowance 16:24 - Jul 29 with 8369 viewsraynor94

For Pensioners, is going to means tested, oh well ill have to invest in a few blankets

I don't remember this in the Labour manifesto

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Winter fuel allowance on 16:58 - Jul 30 with 1267 viewsonehunglow

Winter fuel allowance on 16:54 - Jul 30 by Boundy

This ,we had 3 children and each one was born at a time where we could afford them ,never ever considered relying on the state to care for their needs.Tax credits wtf all we had was family allowance and me working all hours to ensure they had a decent happy upbringing.

I’m not sure when this attitude start3d,possibly the 60a when the pill came in and “ liberated” women and attitudes.
Then,a child outside marriage was seeen as reprehensible ,as it still is in many parts of the world and religions.
Now,it’s a vacation for girls to get a house and everything they want whilst not not paying a cent.
And ….we flock to help them and even encourage them .

I don’t believe any child benefit should be laid at all to unmarried people,but that is my opinion.
Rest assured ,if that were the case,fathers would shove a chastity belt on their daughters .
At the very least,they would give a xxxk

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Winter fuel allowance on 17:06 - Jul 30 with 1267 viewsWhiterockin

Winter fuel allowance on 16:58 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

I’m not sure when this attitude start3d,possibly the 60a when the pill came in and “ liberated” women and attitudes.
Then,a child outside marriage was seeen as reprehensible ,as it still is in many parts of the world and religions.
Now,it’s a vacation for girls to get a house and everything they want whilst not not paying a cent.

I don’t believe any child benefit should be laid at all to unmarried people,but that is my opinion.
Rest assured ,if that were the case,fathers would shove a chastity belt on their daughters .

I was very grateful to the liberated women in the 60s and particularly the 70s.
Winter fuel allowance on 17:47 - Jul 30 with 1228 viewsDr_Winston

Winter fuel allowance on 16:58 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

Both my nieces were born outside marriage. My sister and her OH have been together for 21 years with no intention of obtaining a worthless piece of paper.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Winter fuel allowance on 18:08 - Jul 30 with 1196 viewsGwyn737

Winter fuel allowance on 16:29 - Jul 30 by raynor94

Sorry Gwyn I agree with most things you post, but I can't with your second paragraph.

Far to many feckless parents who should never be allowed to have children, head to foot in tattoos vaping and then moaning about how they are going to feed their brood.

Swansea Town centre is an eye opener

I was being a bit flippant Rayns but I stand by feeling young people getting a raw deal on here.

Not really surprising considering the average age of posters 😉.

This thread focuses on those unfortunate pensioners who are hardest hit by the fuel cut, yet the one on the child benefit cap looks straight at the feckless wasters who take advantage, ignoring the fact that many who are disadvantaged by it are working parents in low paid jobs, those who’ve had a split or a bereavement, or simply fallen on hard times.
Winter fuel allowance on 18:25 - Jul 30 with 1170 viewsraynor94

Winter fuel allowance on 18:08 - Jul 30 by Gwyn737

I was being a bit flippant Rayns but I stand by feeling young people getting a raw deal on here.

This thread focuses on those unfortunate pensioners who are hardest hit by the fuel cut, yet the one on the child benefit cap looks straight at the feckless wasters who take advantage, ignoring the fact that many who are disadvantaged by it are working parents in low paid jobs, those who’ve had a split or a bereavement, or simply fallen on hard times.

OK hands up, I am a grumpy pensioner, I never thought I would turn into my father😉

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Winter fuel allowance on 18:34 - Jul 30 with 1139 viewsFlashberryjack

Winter fuel allowance on 17:47 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

Both my nieces were born outside marriage. My sister and her OH have been together for 21 years with no intention of obtaining a worthless piece of paper.

A worthless piece of paper to some, much much more to others.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Winter fuel allowance on 18:48 - Jul 30 with 1119 viewsonehunglow

Winter fuel allowance on 18:34 - Jul 30 by Flashberryjack

A worthless piece of paper to some, much much more to others.

If it’s worthless,why the big deal not to enter into a legal marriage
It shows a clearer commitment
Don’t agree fine
Legally,you have fewer rights if not married,especially if things go tits up .

Winter fuel allowance on 18:49 - Jul 30 with 1115 viewsSullutaCreturned

Winter fuel allowance on 18:08 - Jul 30 by Gwyn737

Benefits should be for those who really need them. The welfare state was never intended to be a way of life.

If a pensioner doesn't need the heating allowance they shouldn't get it.
Login to get fewer ads

Winter fuel allowance on 18:51 - Jul 30 with 1113 viewsonehunglow

Winter fuel allowance on 18:49 - Jul 30 by SullutaCreturned

Benefits should be for those who really need them. The welfare state was never intended to be a way of life.

Breakdown of the family unit is at the very core of social problems

Winter fuel allowance on 19:17 - Jul 30 with 1090 viewsDr_Winston

Winter fuel allowance on 18:48 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

If it’s worthless,why the big deal not to enter into a legal marriage
It shows a clearer commitment
Don’t agree fine
Legally,you have fewer rights if not married,especially if things go tits up .

It shows more commitment than raising two daughters whilst spending more than 20 years together? The length of the average marriage at divorce in the UK is less than 13 years. 42% of marriages in total. Personally I'd prohibit getting married until couples have lived together for a minimum five years.

Proper estate planning offers just as much protection as marriage.
[Post edited 30 Jul 19:18]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Winter fuel allowance on 20:07 - Jul 30 with 1047 viewsWhiterockin

Winter fuel allowance on 18:49 - Jul 30 by SullutaCreturned

And people shouldn't abuse the system just to get benefits.
Winter fuel allowance on 20:46 - Jul 30 with 1003 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Winter fuel allowance on 18:51 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

I tend to agree together with the fact that these days families can be spread across the country or all around the World.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Winter fuel allowance on 22:17 - Jul 30 with 955 viewsBoundy

Winter fuel allowance on 19:17 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

It shows more commitment than raising two daughters whilst spending more than 20 years together? The length of the average marriage at divorce in the UK is less than 13 years. 42% of marriages in total. Personally I'd prohibit getting married until couples have lived together for a minimum five years.

Proper estate planning offers just as much protection as marriage.
[Post edited 30 Jul 19:18]

Do you have the statistics which provide how long unmarried couples with children stay together, I know of too many in which the father has just upped and left the woman to bring up the kids on her own.In my road alone there are 5 individual women with kids and no father present.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Winter fuel allowance on 22:21 - Jul 30 with 945 viewsonehunglow

Winter fuel allowance on 22:17 - Jul 30 by Boundy

Do you have the statistics which provide how long unmarried couples with children stay together, I know of too many in which the father has just upped and left the woman to bring up the kids on her own.In my road alone there are 5 individual women with kids and no father present.

A piece of paper that is anything but a meaningless piece of paper
You find someone
Fall in love
Get married in presence of family and friends
Then go on and have a family
Just wtf is wrong with that
Marriage shows a commitment to each other proven legally by document

People on a marriage tend to work out problems rather than just walk away because they can leaving it all behind

Winter fuel allowance on 22:50 - Jul 30 with 926 viewsBoundy

Winter fuel allowance on 22:21 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

A piece of paper that is anything but a meaningless piece of paper
You find someone
Fall in love
Get married in presence of family and friends
Then go on and have a family
Just wtf is wrong with that
Marriage shows a commitment to each other proven legally by document

People on a marriage tend to work out problems rather than just walk away because they can leaving it all behind

I'm a firm believer that being married does show a stronger commitment to a relationship but that's my opinion . The remainder in my road consists of married couples all of a similar age and one single women .One single "mother of 4 " in the loosest term possible has had countless relationships and has now decided to become a lesbian , grandparents now looks after the 3 youngsters whilst they go on drug/drink binge all paid for by benefits .

Winter fuel allowance on 22:54 - Jul 30 with 922 viewsBoundy

Back on topic I wonder if Rachel Reeves will still be claiming the MPs winter allowance of £3.400.

Winter fuel allowance on 00:00 - Jul 31 with 876 viewsmajorraglan

Winter fuel allowance on 22:54 - Jul 30 by Boundy

Back on topic I wonder if Rachel Reeves will still be claiming the MPs winter allowance of £3.400.

MP’s don’t get a winter allowance and the £3,400 figure is nonsense from a Facebook post.

What MP’s are entitled to do is claim towards utility bills at 1 property, it can be more or less than the figure you quoted. I’m pretty sure 1 MP claimed for heating his stable, but reimbursed it when it came out.

https://fullfact.org/online/MPs-no-upper-limit-heating-expenses/
[Post edited 31 Jul 0:18]
Winter fuel allowance on 00:14 - Jul 31 with 864 viewscontroversial_jack

Winter fuel allowance on 18:51 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

The family unit has always changed
Winter fuel allowance on 07:29 - Jul 31 with 807 viewsWhiterockin

Winter fuel allowance on 00:00 - Jul 31 by majorraglan

MP’s don’t get a winter allowance and the £3,400 figure is nonsense from a Facebook post.

What MP’s are entitled to do is claim towards utility bills at 1 property, it can be more or less than the figure you quoted. I’m pretty sure 1 MP claimed for heating his stable, but reimbursed it when it came out.

Should wealthy MPs actually be paid. Some clearly don't need the money so why take money from the pot when they are removing it for others.
Winter fuel allowance on 08:47 - Jul 31 with 766 viewsBoundy

Winter fuel allowance on 00:00 - Jul 31 by majorraglan

They can claim heating allowance as well as many other "necessities "

Winter fuel allowance on 11:08 - Jul 31 with 721 viewsmajorraglan

Winter fuel allowance on 08:47 - Jul 31 by Boundy

They can claim heating allowance as well as many other "necessities "

That’s exactly what I said.
Winter fuel allowance on 11:57 - Jul 31 with 688 viewsBoundy

Winter fuel allowance on 11:08 - Jul 31 by majorraglan

That’s exactly what I said.

No its not but I'll leave it there ,pity pensioners weren't entitled as our betters seem to be.

Winter fuel allowance on 13:11 - Jul 31 with 671 viewsonehunglow

Winter fuel allowance on 11:57 - Jul 31 by Boundy

No its not but I'll leave it there ,pity pensioners weren't entitled as our betters seem to be.

MPs won’t cut their allowances ,including Labour ones

Winter fuel allowance on 13:24 - Jul 31 with 657 viewsWhiterockin

Winter fuel allowance on 13:11 - Jul 31 by onehunglow

MPs won’t cut their allowances ,including Labour ones

One needs to ask why the wealthy have any at all. They should be means tested.
Winter fuel allowance on 14:06 - Jul 31 with 615 viewsBoundy

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=kier%20starmer%20interview%

Two months later Labour cut the payment. Skip to 9.38 s

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024