Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winter fuel allowance 16:24 - Jul 29 with 8371 viewsraynor94

For Pensioners, is going to means tested, oh well ill have to invest in a few blankets

I don't remember this in the Labour manifesto

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Winter fuel allowance on 21:42 - Aug 10 with 1705 viewsmajorraglan

Winter fuel allowance on 20:49 - Aug 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

Whoops!

Putting the time line of this interview in to context, the interview was given at the peak of the energy price increase we faced a couple of years ago when the energy cap was over double the current price of energy - prices have dropped considerably since then.

I’m not saying there are pensioners out there who don’t need help because clearly there are, but a lot of pensioners are better off than many working families. We need to think smarter and the benefit needs to be targeted at those who need it. Giving it to those on Pension Credit is a hood start, but we need to catch those who are struggling and are just above the threshold for pension credit.

Why should pensioners who are living in Spain get it? Why should my uncle, who rents out 7 houses get it when there are families earning considerably less than he is going without.

A much bigger issue is likely to be the Conservative governments freezing of tax allowances until 2028, that’s going up beca much bigger issue.
Winter fuel allowance on 21:48 - Aug 10 with 1688 viewsWhiterockin

Winter fuel allowance on 21:42 - Aug 10 by majorraglan

Putting the time line of this interview in to context, the interview was given at the peak of the energy price increase we faced a couple of years ago when the energy cap was over double the current price of energy - prices have dropped considerably since then.

I’m not saying there are pensioners out there who don’t need help because clearly there are, but a lot of pensioners are better off than many working families. We need to think smarter and the benefit needs to be targeted at those who need it. Giving it to those on Pension Credit is a hood start, but we need to catch those who are struggling and are just above the threshold for pension credit.

Why should pensioners who are living in Spain get it? Why should my uncle, who rents out 7 houses get it when there are families earning considerably less than he is going without.

A much bigger issue is likely to be the Conservative governments freezing of tax allowances until 2028, that’s going up beca much bigger issue.

The government could always change the last paragraph.
Winter fuel allowance on 22:03 - Aug 10 with 1646 viewsmajorraglan

Winter fuel allowance on 21:48 - Aug 10 by Whiterockin

The government could always change the last paragraph.

They could, but there’s no money in the kitty to do it at the moment. We need to make work pay and I believe we should reward those who work by increasing the gap between work and benefits. I believe benefits should be a safety net, not a life style choice.
Winter fuel allowance on 00:16 - Aug 11 with 1563 viewsBoundy

Another I do like to listen to.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Winter fuel allowance on 10:25 - Aug 11 with 1454 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

You put forward a good argument for keeping the WFA for basic tax payers. If Starmer wants to rebalance the tax system and change tax allowances that is in his gift.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Winter fuel allowance on 14:42 - Aug 13 with 1325 viewsAnotherJohn

Winter fuel allowance on 21:51 - Aug 9 by union_jack

Piece of detritus who has lied his way to the top job. Shame on him.

The Telegraph seems to have landed an effective blow by recalling that during the election campaign Starmer claimed that the Tories were likely to cut the winter fuel payments.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/keir-starmer-accused-tories-of-winter-fuel
Winter fuel allowance on 14:50 - Aug 13 with 1299 viewsBoundy

Winter fuel allowance on 22:03 - Aug 10 by majorraglan

They could, but there’s no money in the kitty to do it at the moment. We need to make work pay and I believe we should reward those who work by increasing the gap between work and benefits. I believe benefits should be a safety net, not a life style choice.

There's more than enough money in the kitty but its being spent in the wrong places . £11 billion in foreign aid to places like India who have a more advance space programme than us. .

Winter fuel allowance on 14:57 - Aug 13 with 1314 viewsonehunglow

Winter fuel allowance on 14:50 - Aug 13 by Boundy

There's more than enough money in the kitty but its being spent in the wrong places . £11 billion in foreign aid to places like India who have a more advance space programme than us. .

If I remember ,craven Cameron proudly stating we were increasing our aid to these former colonies
We have paid our dues

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Winter fuel allowance on 17:41 - Aug 13 with 1259 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Winter fuel allowance on 14:50 - Aug 13 by Boundy

Or we can spunk as much money as quickly as we can on climate relayed technologies when they are developing and improving all the time. We do not want to be going as fast as we can, we need to have an emerging strategy that builds on technological development.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Winter fuel allowance on 19:56 - Aug 13 with 1223 viewsSullutaCreturned

Winter fuel allowance on 17:41 - Aug 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

Or we can spunk as much money as quickly as we can on climate relayed technologies when they are developing and improving all the time. We do not want to be going as fast as we can, we need to have an emerging strategy that builds on technological development.

Having any strategy at all would be an bonus
Winter fuel allowance on 01:38 - Aug 14 with 1193 viewsRobbie

£ 60 million to Rwanda for a pipedream , also they want compo for their expenses now .

Westminster will appease and pay up , who pays the taxpayer again taken for a ride .

Labour will blame the Conservatives , vice versa then the slanging match follows .

Any Goverments Charter is to protect their population , and will be at all times .

Hate to say it but the UK is becoming more spineless every day .
Winter fuel allowance on 09:50 - Aug 14 with 1127 viewsBoundy

Winter fuel allowance on 14:42 - Aug 13 by AnotherJohn

The Telegraph seems to have landed an effective blow by recalling that during the election campaign Starmer claimed that the Tories were likely to cut the winter fuel payments.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/keir-starmer-accused-tories-of-winter-fuel

What ever contentious decision they make which involves increasing our personal tax burden they will continue to discover another blackhole in the country's finances. They now have an open cheque book to do what ever they like knowing they'll have little or no opposition for the foreseeable future , a worrying situation to be in as a so called democratic country. Backtracking on the allocation of social housing and with the prospect of a draconian budget in October all I see ahead is more discontent. Ironic that the major issue this country faces ie immigration something Labour imo has encouraged since Blairs tenure will be the very thing that breaks its hold , not now maybe but in the foreseeable future.

Winter fuel allowance on 00:06 - Aug 19 with 996 viewshowenjack

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13755571/Labour-cabinet-ministers-using
Winter fuel allowance on 01:49 - Aug 19 with 969 viewsRobbie

You can bet your bottom dollar no MP will be struggling with eat or heat this Winter .

They will bleat on about savings to be made , well is dry , no money in the kitty and on .

Energy Firms will bring in obscene profits keep prices high as they are allowed and say we are striving for a greener economy , it costs money to do that , boardroom rubbing their hands in readiness for their bonus incoming .

Coalman bringing a hundredweight of coal to our back bunker , tipping it on , ok next week .

Local money to local workers who we knew , life was so easier then .

Times move on I know , better or worse I know my answer .
Winter fuel allowance on 09:15 - Aug 19 with 940 viewsonehunglow

And fuel prices going up in the autumn
Yeah baby

Winter fuel allowance on 12:38 - Aug 19 with 874 viewsraynor94

Winter fuel allowance on 09:15 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

And fuel prices going up in the autumn
Yeah baby

Yep, 9% The caring sharing Labour Party, a £146 rise for average usage, then the £200 taken away, leaving pensioners just over the threshold, almost £350 down!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Winter fuel allowance on 12:53 - Aug 19 with 847 viewsBoundy

Winter fuel allowance on 12:38 - Aug 19 by raynor94

Yep, 9% The caring sharing Labour Party, a £146 rise for average usage, then the £200 taken away, leaving pensioners just over the threshold, almost £350 down!

and yet no red flag bearing supporter has made a sound , even with, "well the Tories did this etc". I bet there's a lot now realising they've backed the wrong horse if they thought they'd be looked after . Pensioners are an easy target and traditionally not Labour voters so two teir Kier and his side sick the wonderful Reeves couldn't give a monkeys.

Winter fuel allowance on 13:51 - Aug 19 with 816 viewsonehunglow

Winter fuel allowance on 12:53 - Aug 19 by Boundy

and yet no red flag bearing supporter has made a sound , even with, "well the Tories did this etc". I bet there's a lot now realising they've backed the wrong horse if they thought they'd be looked after . Pensioners are an easy target and traditionally not Labour voters so two teir Kier and his side sick the wonderful Reeves couldn't give a monkeys.

It’s going to be terrible for pensioners just above the credit line
It’s ok because they can’t go on strike .That means Rache can do what she wants .
A bully who picks on the weak.

Tiday,we have people bleeding for prisoner welfare
Then,cincerned over stop search of blacks .
And we say we are cincerned about knife crime

Buckle up

Winter fuel allowance on 10:54 - Sep 4 with 621 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The DWP has produced statistics that show 1.9 million people are over pension age and below the poverty line in the UK. 800,000 of these are eligible to claim pension credits but currently do not do so. This still leaves 1.1 million pensioners who's income is below the poverty line and who will lose their Winter fuel allowance.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Winter fuel allowance on 11:08 - Sep 4 with 601 viewsWhiterockin

Winter fuel allowance on 10:54 - Sep 4 by felixstowe_jack

The DWP has produced statistics that show 1.9 million people are over pension age and below the poverty line in the UK. 800,000 of these are eligible to claim pension credits but currently do not do so. This still leaves 1.1 million pensioners who's income is below the poverty line and who will lose their Winter fuel allowance.

If it pushed the 800,000 to actually claim pension credits, it would certainly cock up the government's planning.
Winter fuel allowance on 12:14 - Sep 4 with 527 viewsBoundy

Working g families have far more assistance these days than I ever had with a young family ,tax credits ,why should someone who has been and this still goes on be encouraged to save fir their future when they see that when the time arrives all they've aspired to have is double taxed or the funds not there.

Winter fuel allowance on 19:30 - Sep 4 with 431 viewsmax936

Winter fuel allowance on 12:14 - Sep 4 by Boundy

Working g families have far more assistance these days than I ever had with a young family ,tax credits ,why should someone who has been and this still goes on be encouraged to save fir their future when they see that when the time arrives all they've aspired to have is double taxed or the funds not there.

Better off saving it under the mattress government don't know what you got then, you won't get interest on it agreed, but the interest will amount to nothing when they take what they can out of your savings, like I keep saying the Tories and Labour need to be disbanded and politics reformed with people in power who have life experience not these who either amassed fortunes or were born with silver spoons in their gobs!.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Winter fuel allowance on 18:33 - Sep 5 with 314 viewscontroversial_jack

Winter fuel allowance on 12:38 - Aug 19 by raynor94

Fuel prices rising, that's privatisation and capitalism for you.
Winter fuel allowance on 19:44 - Sep 5 with 291 viewsmax936

Winter fuel allowance on 01:49 - Aug 19 by Robbie

You can bet your bottom dollar no MP will be struggling with eat or heat this Winter .

They will bleat on about savings to be made , well is dry , no money in the kitty and on .

Energy Firms will bring in obscene profits keep prices high as they are allowed and say we are striving for a greener economy , it costs money to do that , boardroom rubbing their hands in readiness for their bonus incoming .

Coalman bringing a hundredweight of coal to our back bunker , tipping it on , ok next week .

Local money to local workers who we knew , life was so easier then .

Times move on I know , better or worse I know my answer .

This Carbon Neutral/Green Energy pee's me right off its a massive con, can anyone tell me what difference we are gonna make when we produce less than 0.1 or it might even be 0.01% of carbon emissions compared to most of the other Countries, until the likes of China, Russia, India and the good old US of A plus others get their acts together its a lost cause.

We always got to be seen as leaders, we are virtually little more than a pin head on the Worlds map. its a joke and another excuse to rob the hardworking Tax Payer of yet more money

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Winter fuel allowance on 21:12 - Sep 5 with 253 viewsFlashberryjack

Winter fuel allowance on 19:44 - Sep 5 by max936

This Carbon Neutral/Green Energy pee's me right off its a massive con, can anyone tell me what difference we are gonna make when we produce less than 0.1 or it might even be 0.01% of carbon emissions compared to most of the other Countries, until the likes of China, Russia, India and the good old US of A plus others get their acts together its a lost cause.

We always got to be seen as leaders, we are virtually little more than a pin head on the Worlds map. its a joke and another excuse to rob the hardworking Tax Payer of yet more money

Try convincing that raving lunatic Miliband. when he's finished we won't have enough energy to run a toothbrush.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024