Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Finance Situation 10:42 - Dec 29 with 23410 viewsblaine_scfc

Chris Wathan just tweeted an article which may be of interest. Apologies if already been posted.

@ChrisWathan: Good analysis of the main figures from Swansea City's accounts by the ever-excellent @SwissRamble https://t.co/igZtpbLC9a
Swans Finance Situation on 10:25 - Dec 30 with 1939 viewsPacemaker

Swans Finance Situation on 10:17 - Dec 30 by perchrockjack

My parents live near FAIRWOOD.

For that investment we should see results.

Would you agree that if there are none then its not an investment as such.

Our FOCUS is and should always have been this season with the massive money at the end which would see our revenue drmaically increase and we wouldn't be having this dialogue ( a respectful one ) .

PRIORITY IS ALWAYS THE CURRENT TEAM/SQUAD

How long does it take to have an effect? Would AyewJJS, Fenendez have come if we were still changing / training at the Glamorgan?

Got learn to walk before you can run.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Swans Finance Situation on 10:26 - Dec 30 with 1939 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Finance Situation on 10:19 - Dec 30 by Pacemaker

I think most people would look at what we have invested in with our PL money ( most of which are one off infrastructure costs) and can see that whatever happens we have invested for the future not into the pockets of players and agents.

As for a certain person already righting off academy players before they are even close to first team football, I give up!

It would be genuinely nice to see us develop more of our own players.

It's a long term project though, and we won't see the fruits of Dave Adams labour for at least another 4 years.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans Finance Situation on 10:28 - Dec 30 with 1930 viewsraynor94

Swans Finance Situation on 10:17 - Dec 30 by perchrockjack

My parents live near FAIRWOOD.

For that investment we should see results.

Would you agree that if there are none then its not an investment as such.

Our FOCUS is and should always have been this season with the massive money at the end which would see our revenue drmaically increase and we wouldn't be having this dialogue ( a respectful one ) .

PRIORITY IS ALWAYS THE CURRENT TEAM/SQUAD

At least show a bit of patience, it's a work in progress

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swans Finance Situation on 10:29 - Dec 30 with 1929 viewsBorojack

Swans Finance Situation on 10:20 - Dec 30 by Uxbridge

Personally I'm glad we're investing in facilities that will benefit the club for the future, but hey ho. Not sure why need to be mutually exclusive

Why did we need Fairwood and Landore not knocking it but curious why we need both.
Have to agree with Perch though the playing squad should always take priority.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Swans Finance Situation on 10:34 - Dec 30 with 1905 viewsDr_Winston

Swans Finance Situation on 10:29 - Dec 30 by Borojack

Why did we need Fairwood and Landore not knocking it but curious why we need both.

If the club took that attitude we'd never have developed off field facilities and eventually could have dropped out of the PL with f*ckall to show for it. They don't do everything right but they did on this.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans Finance Situation on 10:37 - Dec 30 with 1867 viewsBorojack

Swans Finance Situation on 10:34 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

If the club took that attitude we'd never have developed off field facilities and eventually could have dropped out of the PL with f*ckall to show for it. They don't do everything right but they did on this.

Yes ok but why do we need both

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Swans Finance Situation on 10:37 - Dec 30 with 1861 viewsCooperman

Swans Finance Situation on 10:29 - Dec 30 by Borojack

It's catch 22 though.

You cant attract high calibre players when your're changing in portacabins.

The infrastructure and the squad can at least grow in parallel which I think has been done quite successfully up to now.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swans Finance Situation on 10:53 - Dec 30 with 1814 viewsdobjack2

I think that the board know that the playing side is priority but feel that the infrastructure can be developed alongside the team. The elephant in the room is the stadium and expansion. That has all gone quiet again.

As we stand we certainly can't afford to buy the stadium and develop it and the concern about the American investors was around what was actually going to be invested in the club as opposed to just buying shares. A nightmare to consider is a third party owning the stadium and jacking up the tents etc like Coventry.

It is a difficult one for all parties: council want best for ratepayers, club want best for club whilst relegation would really feck any deal.

This is a potential no win area for the board - they will get pelters if we don't expand and pelters for overextending if we expand/buy ground and get relegated soon after.

I hope that they can find a solution that works.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans Finance Situation on 10:54 - Dec 30 with 1809 viewsharryhpalmer

Swans Finance Situation on 10:58 - Dec 29 by waynekerr55

Begs the question - who gave our commercial team an award when only Crystal Palace were worse than us?

The Commercial award was a marketing campaign award for the video unveiling the latest strip.

Not what I would call beating the rest of the PL commercially.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Swans Finance Situation on 10:55 - Dec 30 with 1806 viewsPacemaker

Swans Finance Situation on 10:26 - Dec 30 by waynekerr55

It would be genuinely nice to see us develop more of our own players.

It's a long term project though, and we won't see the fruits of Dave Adams labour for at least another 4 years.

Totally agree and even then it would be no more than 1 or 2 squad players with the occasional decent first team player. Even then It's an income stream in itself when you think of the likes of people like SS that we bought over the years from PL. clubs.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Swans Finance Situation on 10:57 - Dec 30 with 1788 viewsperchrockjack

Well, Gomis wouldn't have come, possibly Eder and persona non grata Tabanou.

Nothing to do with me having patience or you or anyone ,come to that; its about maximising what we have on the pitch.

I m not keen on having great facilities for us in the championship or LEAGUE 1 .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swans Finance Situation on 10:58 - Dec 30 with 1785 viewsmonmouth

Swans Finance Situation on 10:34 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

Too right. This thread really has now become depressing.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Finance Situation on 10:58 - Dec 30 with 1785 viewsDr_Winston

Swans Finance Situation on 10:53 - Dec 30 by dobjack2

I think that the board know that the playing side is priority but feel that the infrastructure can be developed alongside the team. The elephant in the room is the stadium and expansion. That has all gone quiet again.

As we stand we certainly can't afford to buy the stadium and develop it and the concern about the American investors was around what was actually going to be invested in the club as opposed to just buying shares. A nightmare to consider is a third party owning the stadium and jacking up the tents etc like Coventry.

It is a difficult one for all parties: council want best for ratepayers, club want best for club whilst relegation would really feck any deal.

This is a potential no win area for the board - they will get pelters if we don't expand and pelters for overextending if we expand/buy ground and get relegated soon after.

I hope that they can find a solution that works.

Still nobody has provided a satisfactory explanation as to why we need to purchase the stadium in order to expand it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans Finance Situation on 11:05 - Dec 30 with 1756 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Finance Situation on 10:58 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

Still nobody has provided a satisfactory explanation as to why we need to purchase the stadium in order to expand it.

To make the 'shares' more attractive to a purchaser. Simples

(I know a man of your calibre knows this 👍)

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans Finance Situation on 11:10 - Dec 30 with 1730 viewsDr_Winston

Swans Finance Situation on 10:58 - Dec 30 by monmouth

Too right. This thread really has now become depressing.

"We have to invest so we're still here for the new TV deal!" seems to be a recurring war cry. There's new TV deals every couple of years. By the time we've spent all our money making sure we're around for one they'll start negotiations on the next. We can't run our club from deal to deal not worrying about anything else. That'd just be dull.

Swans Finance Situation on 11:24 - Dec 30 with 1684 viewsjamieswan78

We pay a low rent to use the stadium and have a watertight contract to use it, there is no benefit to handing over 30 million to buy it apart from attracting new owners.

Those accounts look fine to me, posters seem to think we should have millions in reserve for some reason.

Our premier league payments come in we cover our outgoings, the owners get a dividend there is a small surplus at the end of the financial year.

The 14 month period means there are 2 summer periods in one set of figures which is probably the most expensive time of the year for the club with little revenue coming in but the same outgoings as any other time of year plus possible transfer and agents fee's.

If we added 5000 seats to the stadium and they sold for £400 each per season it would be probably less when you factor in oap, student and child prices we would probably increase our revenue by about 2 million per year which is not a great deal when you consider the initial outlay to carry out the expansion work.

My only grumble about last summer was that we entered the season with Gomis as our main striker and not much else to back him up, hopefully the board will address this in the next few week's!
Swans Finance Situation on 11:30 - Dec 30 with 1669 viewsClinton

Interested why we need both Fairwood and Landore.
What happens at these two locations? Why are we split across two sites ?
Not criticising, just asking if anyone knows.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Swans Finance Situation on 11:31 - Dec 30 with 1667 viewsJackanapes

Swans Finance Situation on 11:10 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

"We have to invest so we're still here for the new TV deal!" seems to be a recurring war cry. There's new TV deals every couple of years. By the time we've spent all our money making sure we're around for one they'll start negotiations on the next. We can't run our club from deal to deal not worrying about anything else. That'd just be dull.

Hallelujah

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Swans Finance Situation on 11:38 - Dec 30 with 1645 viewsDr_Winston

Swans Finance Situation on 11:30 - Dec 30 by Clinton

Interested why we need both Fairwood and Landore.
What happens at these two locations? Why are we split across two sites ?
Not criticising, just asking if anyone knows.

Think it was all about the timing.

We got to the PL and still didn't have our own training base. We jumped on the RTB because getting it up to standard was quicker than the long term project at Fairwood.

Swans Finance Situation on 11:51 - Dec 30 with 1608 viewsmonmouth

Swans Finance Situation on 11:10 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

Aye.. if we do what is proposed by some and blow everything on the team, 'investing' (hah) in players, the increase will change nothing as it will be eaten up by increased costs and returns to the same people, whether they be players, agents, shareholders etc. But also of course the cry will then be, we must stay up for next season, and then the next season. So there lies Leeds, Bolton and Portsmouth. Eventually, as we are still the relative poor relation we have a bad season and go down and we have nothing to show for it other than enriching some overpaid braindead tossers beyond the realms of reality, only for them to immediately bugger off to the next middling PL team in the circus.

Nope. Its the lasting legacy for me, every time, even if it means building rather than buying a new generation of players from a lower base. I could speculate that some people are probably panicking because they won't be able to watch us on kodi if we go down, but that would be rude.

Swans Finance Situation on 11:54 - Dec 30 with 1586 viewsCooperman

Swans Finance Situation on 11:51 - Dec 30 by monmouth

Aye.. if we do what is proposed by some and blow everything on the team, 'investing' (hah) in players, the increase will change nothing as it will be eaten up by increased costs and returns to the same people, whether they be players, agents, shareholders etc. But also of course the cry will then be, we must stay up for next season, and then the next season. So there lies Leeds, Bolton and Portsmouth. Eventually, as we are still the relative poor relation we have a bad season and go down and we have nothing to show for it other than enriching some overpaid braindead tossers beyond the realms of reality, only for them to immediately bugger off to the next middling PL team in the circus.

Nope. Its the lasting legacy for me, every time, even if it means building rather than buying a new generation of players from a lower base. I could speculate that some people are probably panicking because they won't be able to watch us on kodi if we go down, but that would be rude.

Quite how you didn't make the POTY finals is beyond me.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swans Finance Situation on 11:58 - Dec 30 with 1571 viewsmonmouth

Swans Finance Situation on 11:54 - Dec 30 by Cooperman

Quite how you didn't make the POTY finals is beyond me.

Two more days is more than enough for one lifetime.

Swans Finance Situation on 11:59 - Dec 30 with 1567 viewshammy

The current financial situation just highlights the irony of the PL ! The more money the broadcasters plough into the PL the more difficult it becomes for clubs to manage their financial affairs. Players / agents will continue to rake off the majority of the income due to the nature of the market. I suspect that any form of serious regulation of inflated payments will only be reviewed when a few PL clubs go bust !

The few teams backed by billionaires continue to pay ridiculous wages for the likes of Rooney (£300k per week FFS !) et al and the next layer of clubs below, with literally millions to throw at players with the backing of seriously rich benefactors (e.g., Liverpool, Soton, West Ham, Newcastle, etc.) continue to stoke the fire. Whatever happened to FFP, although an unfair system in itself, seems to have died a death in the last year or so.

This means that clubs like Swansea, that are effectively reliant on the broadcaster monies and their own small-scale commercial income, are forced to pay inflated wages for the next level of player. The Board has done very well to both balance the books and maintain the club's position in the PL over the past 5 years; no easy feat without the additional funds afforded to a number of other PL clubs.

But unless there is either a PL regulatory change (e.g., wage capping) or we attract a seriously rich benefactor (as opposed to an American "investor") then we have little choice but to keep ploughing the same furrow and trying to find the best talent that suits our budget. This does not mean that we don't try to improve on all aspects of the business, including the stadium expansion and commercial opportunities, but will just need to be done in line with the available funding.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Swans Finance Situation on 12:03 - Dec 30 with 1558 viewsdobjack2

Swans Finance Situation on 10:58 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

I assume the arguments are about who pays for the expansion and who gets the additional revenue. If the swans pay all of the costs but would only get part of the additional revenue that could drive thoughts of ground ownership But agree that a convincing argument has not been made.

Taking things to the next level is a meaningless phrase as ground ownership does not automatically confer premiership football in perpetuity.
Swans Finance Situation on 12:04 - Dec 30 with 1553 viewsTom1912

Swans Finance Situation on 09:48 - Dec 30 by perchrockjack

I hope the club accountants are as savvy as those on PS.

Its a shame its all going tits up but the people in charge did at least have a go .

Pity is ,seems nobody there in capable of running a huge business , like Premier League..

This is an absolutely ridiculous post.

The finances are fine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024