Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Finance Situation 10:42 - Dec 29 with 23409 viewsblaine_scfc

Chris Wathan just tweeted an article which may be of interest. Apologies if already been posted.

@ChrisWathan: Good analysis of the main figures from Swansea City's accounts by the ever-excellent @SwissRamble https://t.co/igZtpbLC9a
Swans Finance Situation on 13:30 - Dec 29 with 3165 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Finance Situation on 12:06 - Dec 29 by Uxbridge

I suspect you're talking about low level appointments which, while symptomatic, are below the level of relevance here. I'm totally a fan of the right people doing the right job though. We should appoint based on competence and experience.

Location isn't a major factor here. The PL is the brand, and we were an attractive option when our football was attractive.

Well I'd say that a marketing manager is a critical role myself. But yes, strategically that needs looking at too

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans Finance Situation on 13:31 - Dec 29 with 3160 viewsBorojack

Swans Finance Situation on 13:25 - Dec 29 by trampie

Lots of clubs like doing their major buying in the summer, couple that with we only currently have an interim manager and that others might pay quite a bit for Shelvey and Gomis, if we stay up then all well and good.

We wont stay up though if we dont start scoring goals.
16 in 19 games and 7 of those were in the first 4.
I really hope we can find a striker with some pedigree but that wont come cheap even more so in the January window.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Swans Finance Situation on 13:35 - Dec 29 with 3138 viewsmonmouth

Swans Finance Situation on 13:31 - Dec 29 by Borojack

I really hope we can find a striker with some pedigree but that wont come cheap even more so in the January window.

No striker in the world will score goals with our current playing strategy.

This seeming obsession with one player to save us (I'm not attacking you here) is a bit worrying. If I could buy anything in January, Mr Confidence and Mr Intent would be at the top of my list.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Finance Situation on 13:47 - Dec 29 with 3101 viewsBorojack

Swans Finance Situation on 13:35 - Dec 29 by monmouth

No striker in the world will score goals with our current playing strategy.

This seeming obsession with one player to save us (I'm not attacking you here) is a bit worrying. If I could buy anything in January, Mr Confidence and Mr Intent would be at the top of my list.

Fair comment but if Gomis is sold we need to replace as we only have Eder and possibly Ayew,and that debt is slightly worrying bearing in mind we are yet to appiont a manager either.
But yes we néed to start playing with a higher tempo pace and some width.

Swans Finance Situation on 14:01 - Dec 29 with 3064 viewstrampie

Swans Finance Situation on 13:31 - Dec 29 by Borojack

If Gomis go's we will have to buy a striker I think, January or no January, interim manager or no interim manager as our Premier League status is on the line, unless we could get a Remy on loan or somebody of that standard on loan then we might have to pay top dollar in January to get somebody.
Have we not got somebody scouring the world looking for value for money players ? [we should have], value for money does not necessarily mean cheap just good value.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swans Finance Situation on 14:24 - Dec 29 with 3002 viewsawayjack

Comprehensive report. Wage/expense increase even on pro-rata basis to 86m is scary and hope we have major wage cuts in contracts in event of relegation.
Next year our TV income will increase to 100m+ if we stay up or drop to £30m including parachute payment if we are relegated. A £70m swing - that's a hell of an incentive to get the right manager / players in next month.
Swans Finance Situation on 14:33 - Dec 29 with 2974 viewsjojaca

Swans Finance Situation on 14:24 - Dec 29 by awayjack

Comprehensive report. Wage/expense increase even on pro-rata basis to 86m is scary and hope we have major wage cuts in contracts in event of relegation.
Next year our TV income will increase to 100m+ if we stay up or drop to £30m including parachute payment if we are relegated. A £70m swing - that's a hell of an incentive to get the right manager / players in next month.

I remember Huw Jenkins on Sky Sports a couple of years ago saying if we got relegated all the players would have a minimum 50% pay cut.

Even when you know, you never know?

Swans Finance Situation on 14:48 - Dec 29 with 2931 viewsBorojack

Swans Finance Situation on 14:33 - Dec 29 by jojaca

I remember Huw Jenkins on Sky Sports a couple of years ago saying if we got relegated all the players would have a minimum 50% pay cut.

Has anyone told Shelvey he might put some effort in then.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Finance Situation on 14:48 - Dec 29 with 2931 viewstrampie

Swans Finance Situation on 14:24 - Dec 29 by awayjack

Its a safe bet that if the Swans get relegated this season then most current players will not be with the Swans next season and the ones that would be still with the Swans would be on reduced wages compared to this season.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swans Finance Situation on 15:05 - Dec 29 with 2891 viewsawayjack

Thanks - reassuring to have contingency plan and I'm sure the Board have various forecasts for even the worst scenario. Wages last year included large chunk of bonus for staying up / share of prize for finishing 8th.
Swans Finance Situation on 15:49 - Dec 29 with 2800 viewscostalotta

When we complete our transfer deals with players and clubs I thought I'd read/heard that the financial aspect of that deal is all accounted for. What I mean is, when we sign a player for example 2m, and their wages over 3 years is 2m then that combined 4m is ring fenced as it were. Can anyone confirm this?

This would beg the question that if we sold that player, or got relegated with a reduction of 50% as someone said earlier in the thread, would that release fund from that ring fenced player wages fund as it were?
Swans Finance Situation on 18:38 - Dec 29 with 2659 viewsClinton

Players wages would only appear in the accounts in the year they are paid.
Next years wages go in next years accounts.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Swans Finance Situation on 19:22 - Dec 29 with 2598 viewsPacemaker

Interesting to read how much we made from being in Europe, it does make you wonder why some people are so against it, I appreciate squad size is an issue but it is obvious it adds a fair bit to the clubs income stream or certainly to a club of our size.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Swans Finance Situation on 19:41 - Dec 29 with 2550 views3swan

Swans Finance Situation on 19:22 - Dec 29 by Pacemaker

Interesting to read how much we made from being in Europe, it does make you wonder why some people are so against it, I appreciate squad size is an issue but it is obvious it adds a fair bit to the clubs income stream or certainly to a club of our size.

Depends if it has a knock on affect to out league position @ £1m a placing.

Without looking back we made £4m from being in the Europa?
Swans Finance Situation on 19:45 - Dec 29 with 2526 viewsPacemaker

Swans Finance Situation on 19:41 - Dec 29 by 3swan

Depends if it has a knock on affect to out league position @ £1m a placing.

Without looking back we made £4m from being in the Europa?

€4m Euro

Swansea’s 2013/14 figures had been boosted by their Europa League adventures, but only to the tune of €4 million, even though they got out of their group, memorably defeating Valencia in the Mestalla Stadium, before being eliminated by Napoli in the last 32.

Match day revenue fell 16% (£1.5 million) from £9.2 million to £7.7 million, due to the lack of Europa League competition (six home games) in 2014/15. This revenue stream peaked at £9.9 million in the 2012/13 season, largely thanks to progress in the domestic cups, including three home matches in the run to Wembley for the Capital One Cup triumph against Bradford City.

Swans Finance Situation on 19:49 - Dec 29 with 1980 views3swan

Swans Finance Situation on 19:45 - Dec 29 by Pacemaker

€4m Euro

Swansea’s 2013/14 figures had been boosted by their Europa League adventures, but only to the tune of €4 million, even though they got out of their group, memorably defeating Valencia in the Mestalla Stadium, before being eliminated by Napoli in the last 32.

Match day revenue fell 16% (£1.5 million) from £9.2 million to £7.7 million, due to the lack of Europa League competition (six home games) in 2014/15. This revenue stream peaked at £9.9 million in the 2012/13 season, largely thanks to progress in the domestic cups, including three home matches in the run to Wembley for the Capital One Cup triumph against Bradford City.

So we need a good cup run then.

We're going to lose a few million in league placings if things don't improve
Swans Finance Situation on 20:03 - Dec 29 with 1935 viewsmonmouth

Swans Finance Situation on 19:49 - Dec 29 by 3swan

All goes in bonuses doesn't it, so simply reduces/increases wage bill as a pass through the swans accounts.

Swans Finance Situation on 20:09 - Dec 29 with 1916 viewsKilkennyjack

How much does our Academy cost each year ? I could not find it on a quick read through, but lots of information there so i may have missed it.

Beware of the Risen People

Swans Finance Situation on 20:23 - Dec 29 with 1878 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Finance Situation on 20:09 - Dec 29 by Kilkennyjack

How much does our Academy cost each year ? I could not find it on a quick read through, but lots of information there so i may have missed it.

Will be around 2.5m per year

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans Finance Situation on 20:25 - Dec 29 with 1869 viewsPacemaker

Swans Finance Situation on 20:09 - Dec 29 by Kilkennyjack

Academy costs would not be shown on there I don't think. It's only an over view of our financial position. In any case the Academy costs would not be in those accounts as we have spent money this year on the expanded building at Landore.

Probably a question for the board at the next forum for a more accurate estimate of costs.

Swans Finance Situation on 20:28 - Dec 29 with 1863 viewsmonmouth

Swans Finance Situation on 20:25 - Dec 29 by Pacemaker

Academy costs would not be shown on there I don't think. It's only an over view of our financial position. In any case the Academy costs would not be in those accounts as we have spent money this year on the expanded building at Landore.

Probably a question for the board at the next forum for a more accurate estimate of costs.

It says somewhere in the swiss ramble article. Major expense was previous year I think. This year I think Wayne is right but can't be arsed to check

Swans Finance Situation on 20:44 - Dec 29 with 1836 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans Finance Situation on 20:23 - Dec 29 by waynekerr55

Will be around 2.5m per year

Thanks Wayne 👍

Beware of the Risen People

Swans Finance Situation on 20:52 - Dec 29 with 1795 viewsWatchman

Swans Finance Situation on 19:49 - Dec 29 by 3swan

the players will lose out as they get the vast majority of the placement money! the higher up the league the more they get! all contracts are performance related

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Swans Finance Situation on 21:40 - Dec 29 with 1737 viewsDewi1jack

Anyone with a CSE in Economics fancy giving our Commercial department a go?

Surely couldn't do any worse, than come up with the idea of p1ssing the fans off, when looking at that, the board need the income from the fans to help balance the books.
I know someone is going to give me pelters, but our commercial department is shocking.
Pre-season to the USA.
Having one of Asia's most followed players.
Having one of Ghana's most prestigious players
Being in the most followed league anywhere in the World.
Beating United and really getting noticed by the World's media, on top of all the goodwill given to us by the World's seriously major big player newspapers (no, not the f**king wetty mail/ echo/ swep/ mirror/ sun etc etc)
Being on TV every week there's a game.
Having a major iconic football world known player managing the club (previous to Garry)

I could go on but this could get into a seriously long list

And our commercial department can't capitalize on it????

Sack the fuggin lot and start again.
Club was going rotten on the pitch a few weeks ago.
Looks like it's been rotten off it for several years.

Our board/ shareholders take the divi and have moved to protect their cash cow
Now take the flack and sort things out off the field

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Swans Finance Situation on 21:45 - Dec 29 with 1728 viewsMillJack

Swans Finance Situation on 12:06 - Dec 29 by Uxbridge

I suspect you're talking about low level appointments which, while symptomatic, are below the level of relevance here. I'm totally a fan of the right people doing the right job though. We should appoint based on competence and experience.

Location isn't a major factor here. The PL is the brand, and we were an attractive option when our football was attractive.

I wouldn't class Marketing Manager as a low level appointment, would you? In fact I'd say it's a pretty crucial post to get right in modern day football, not one to seemingly gift to an existing employees family member.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024